Europa Cup

martoon

Lord Beni of Gorgie

2 1 defeat for Traku away in Sweden and a 1 0 home defeat to Limassol for Niederkorn.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sir Gio, on 13 Jul 2017 - 8:58 PM, said:

2 1 defeat for Traku away in Sweden and a 1 0 home defeat to Limassol for Niederkorn.

:tiny:

Considine yellow card.....chance - cross from the right headed wide by Cabraja. Decent chance

Elias Henry Furst

He loses the place a bit when the Dandy Dons are playing.

Ftfy mate.

It's all very friendly on here.

save! Logan with a header (Shinnie cross) and Bilobrk makes a great stop. Keeper then pushes a Shinnie hit away

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Shamrock Rovers doing better than Saturday but 1 1 at home not great. Better than Cork 1 down also at home

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Warm night in Aberdeen shocker. If ever a city demands summer football it's this one. Big European night they are calling it

hand ball in the box by Markovic but nothing given! hand went towards the ball as well

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The second leg will be on Premier Sports at 745 next week

Tansey shot from distance is blocked, Stewart shot from distance not far away. Dons pushing hard

kingantti1874

Decent crowd tbf

Meh.. To put it into perspective we pumped this lot 3-0 in front of just shy of 29k

Lord Beni of Gorgie

So an advance on the defeats but another sign of the shiteness of Scottish football that seems to have bypassed some

So an advance on the defeats but another sign of the shiteness of Scottish football that seems to have bypassed some

At least the Rangers won their home leg. :D

Meh.. To put it into perspective we pumped this lot 3-0 in front of just shy of 29k

Different era, different comp, different times.

Gorgie_Rules

Incredible the crowds we could pull around that time, similar crowds against Schalke and Ferencvaros. 32,500 against AEK Athens in the Champions league, 19,000 friendly v Osasuna, 58,000 v Barcelona. Shows the potential of the club if we can get things right on the park once sorted off it.

As for Aberdeen, decent crowd but going out at this stage would be a disaster for them, one of McInnes' main reasons for staying was to get the club to the groups.

I don't think many understand how difficult that is these days with the quality of the teams in the later qualifying rounds never mind tripping up early July once not up to speed.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Different era, different comp, different times.

Ate you an Aberdeen fan?

Is that directed at me, aye ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Is that directed at me, aye ?

No Boab it's not. Unless you have another Northern type log in :)

Must be.

Why would I be a sheep shagger? Trying to belittle the support they had tonight in comparison to our champions league match 10 years ago is not very realistic though. We got 14,000 last year which was again incredible.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Why would I be a sheep shagger? Trying to belittle the support they had tonight in comparison to our champions league match 10 years ago is not very realistic though. We got 14,000 last year which was again incredible.

Not many of your posts are defensive of Hearts whilst you seem to be anxious to promote Aberdeen. Have a read back

Not many of your posts are defensive of Hearts whilst you seem to be anxious to promote Aberdeen. Have a read back

I really don't mean it to be that way tbh. Not promoting them at all either, can't deny for once they got a decent home crowd though. More chance of winning the second leg than first too in terms of fitness. I had -1 so was raging. We really need our sides up to fitness and scratch for these games, crowds we get show summer football would work too. Celtic would never agree mind so it rules it out.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I really don't mean it to be that way tbh. Not promoting them at all either, can't deny for once they got a decent home crowd though. More chance of winning the second leg than first too in terms of fitness. I had -1 so was raging. We really need our sides up to fitness and scratch for these games, crowds we get show summer football would work too. Celtic would never agree mind so it rules it out.

Sorry chum. Just read that way

They only need to move the season start and finish times by maybe a 4 to 6 weeks just an experiment. Even a couple of league games under the belt first should allow for some better match sharpness. Things will not get better as it stands so I dont see why it cant be tried.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Aberdeen are not out of it. But it will be tough. Chance of getting to the group on this evidence.

:gok:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Who knocked Siroki out last year? The Maltese waiters no less

No Boab it's not. Unless you have another Northern type log in :)

My paranoia's getting the better of me !

:uhoh2:

Randy Marsh

Who knocked Siroki out last year? The Maltese waiters no less

Indeed.  Such a bad side they didn't even qualify for Europe this season.  Makes our embarrassing exit last year seem even worse now.

Archived