Europa Cup

martoon

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HeartOfWestLothian

Aberdeen crashing out as well it seems :)

Good luck Linfield tomorrow...

Indeed. Such a bad side they didn't even qualify for Europe this season. Makes our embarrassing exit last year seem even worse now.

That defeat isn't anywhere near the recent list of embarrassing results for scottish sides in Europe! The Maltese lot have a better recent pedigree than this lot aberdeen played.

IveSeenTheLight

Where's aw or central belt glory hunting 50 something sheep

Well, that was dissappointing.

We started really well, deserved to take the lead and unlucky not to get another.

Second half we didn't press as much and let them back into the game.

We were too open and they threw players forward and had an overload situation too much.

Their forwards are poor and they scored from their only quality strike of the game.

Still believe we are the better side and capable of scoring over there.

Harry Potter

Great result for the Dandy Dons.

:rofl:

No Boab it's not. Unless you have another Northern type log in :)

Aye that away goal they lost will help.

Bazzas right boot

Well, that was dissappointing.

We started really well, deserved to take the lead and unlucky not to get another.

Second half we didn't press as much and let them back into the game.

We were too open and they threw players forward and had an overload situation too much.

Their forwards are poor and they scored from their only quality strike of the game.

Still believe we are the better side and capable of scoring over there.

Games in the balance.

At least at 1-1 you know what you need to do.

HT in all that.

Billy Walsh

Been working in Aberdeen this week and managed to take in the game. Have to say the Bosnian team were so much better than I expected. Aberdeen started off reasonably well but in the end I felt they were lucky to get a draw out of it.

Couldn't understand that Mackay-Steven started, and it showed. His touches and passing were generally awful.

Oh, and despite what our frequent Aberdeen supporting friends on here will testify, Pittodrie is possibly the biggest shit hole in Scotland..

I see the red tops are trying to be as shite as our teams ! The Daily Record has one of those " everything you need to know about the 3rd round " thingys. They've then went on to print the wrong dates of the ties !

Not an exclusive then !!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Spoke to many Aberdeen fans this morning. Decent enough start to the game, but all saying the same thing, relieved to get a draw, confident of scoring next week, but not progressing.

Apparently McLean played in a cream puff, GMS went out like a light, a decent cameo from Stewart. Defensively worrying and as I suggested, some of the players will take a lot of getting used to McInnes high tempo game plan

Spoke to many Aberdeen fans this morning. Decent enough start to the game, but all saying the same thing, relieved to get a draw, confident of scoring next week, but not progressing.

Apparently McLean played in a cream puff, GMS went out like a light, a decent cameo from Stewart. Defensively worrying and as I suggested, some of the players will take a lot of getting used to McInnes high tempo game plan

A classic example of having to play Euro games so early in the season perhaps. Pre- season actually !

That's not a dig incidentally, SG, but this will be a continuing problem for years if our position in rankings stays the same.

Third Round draw at 12.

Hooped demons drawn against Dundalk or Rosenborg in next round of Champs League Qualifiers by the way.

That's if they see off their good chums from Belfast mind !

Brendan Rodgers still bemoaning the absence of visiting fans this evening. It's a pity, according to him, that the two sets of fans won't be in the stadium together.

He has a point in that it's a shame, in the real sense of the word, that it was deemed too much of a risk but that is the reality.

The Celtic support, particularly away, has a long track record of vile songs and unsavoury behaviour. I'd have thought that Rodgers, given his NI background and lifelong support of Celtic, would be all too aware of the potential trouble a large, tricolour waving away support in Belfast could have caused today.

Narrow away win would be my guess. 0-1.

Brendan Rodgers still bemoaning the absence of visiting fans this evening. It's a pity, according to him, that the two sets of fans won't be in the stadium together.

He has a point in that it's a shame, in the real sense of the word, that it was deemed too much of a risk but that is the reality.

The Celtic support, particularly away, has a long track record of vile songs and unsavoury behaviour. I'd have thought that Rodgers, given his NI background and lifelong support of Celtic, would be all too aware of the potential trouble a large, tricolour waving away support in Belfast could have caused today.

Not really sure why he is compalining.  He knew what utter bile he was getting into, infact being from that neck of the woods he would know only too well.  Perhjaps if Celtic fans were not a bunch of Republican bigots then they would be able to travel places like that.  Linfield are the exact same by the way (minus the Republican obv).

kingantti1874

What's wrong with McLean? Want to move to Sevco?

August Landmesser

Third Round draw at 12.

Hooped demons drawn against Dundalk or Rosenborg in next round of Champs League Qualifiers by the way.

That's if they see off their good chums from Belfast mind !

Linfield v Dundalk would be carnage btw, I lived in Dundalk for around 18 months back in the 2000s - lively place... Especially when Armagh won the All-Ireland.

Morgaro Gomis

I'm aware it was only a friendly but, after seeing Linfield last weekend, I'd be surprised if Celtic didn't win by about 3 minimum.

I'm aware it was only a friendly but, after seeing Linfield last weekend, I'd be surprised if Celtic didn't win by about 3 minimum.

It will be over as a contest tonight. Word round the campfire is that 4000 of them will be at Parkhead next week.

Just another quiet evening in the East End of Glasgow !

August Landmesser

It will be over as a contest tonight. Word round the enormous illegal bonfire made of pallets and tyres campfire is that 4000 of them will be at Parkhead next week.

FTFY ;)

Lord Beni of Gorgie

What's wrong with McLean? Want to move to Sevco?

That's exactly what they were saying this morning!

It will be over as a contest tonight. Word round the campfire is that 4000 of them will be at Parkhead next week.

As they only received 1500 tickets I doubt it

Match sold out already.

I am surprised looking at reports they weren't more up for it

Mental side still not good enough

Aberdeen not unique there of course

As they only received 1500 tickets I doubt it

Match sold out already.

Guy I spoke to was obviously talking pish.

It did seem a lot.

Could be this threads last stand today and it's still July.

Having said that, Aberdeen still have a chance and I think they'll squeeze through tonight. Celtic could also drop down into the Europa if they fail in the CL qualifiers.

Siroki 1 Aberdeen 2 (perhaps aet),

Celtic to take the drop.

Thoughts/predictions?

We_are_the_Hearts

Having said that, Aberdeen still have a chance and I think they'll squeeze through tonight. Celtic could also drop down into the Europa if they fail in the CL qualifiers.

Celtic to take the drop.

Thoughts/predictions?

Hope the sheep molesters get pumped

I am.

First trip to Bosnia for me.

Never had a problem any away game I've been to and not envisaging any in a fortnights time either

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

August Landmesser

Celtic to take the drop.

Thoughts/predictions?

Rosenborg are just over halfway through their season, 5 points clear at the top of the league and have only lost two games. Very hot over there this time of year too, could be sticky for the Hooped Demons.

Celtic to take the drop.

Thoughts/predictions?

Celtic to play in Europa Cup later in season

Aberdeen out tonight

Maybe we could adopt some other teams meantime

alicante jambo

Rosenborg are just over halfway through their season, 5 points clear at the top of the league and have only lost two games. Very hot over there this time of year too, could be sticky for the Hooped Demons.

My favourite norweigan team.Went across to trondheim couple of years ago to visit my boy we went to the stadium got the rosenborg top aswell.Ill be roaring on them feck the coefficient.

Celtic to play in Europa Cup later in season

Aberdeen out tonight

Maybe we could adopt some other teams meantime

Everton? I think they're in it.

Always had a wee soft spot for them and there's a couple of Evertonian Jambos who post on here.

Who are Rangers playing in Europe tonight?

:lol:

Lewis Logan Shinnie Considine O'Conner Reynolds McLean Stewart MacKay-Steven Stockley Christie

Subs Rogers Rooney Maynard Wright Tansey Harvie Storey

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lewis Logan Shinnie Considine O'Conner Reynolds McLean Stewart MacKay-Steven Stockley Christie

Subs Rogers Rooney Maynard Wright Tansey Harvie Storey

Never really sorted that defence. Strange

Trakai who knocked out a slow and wasteful St Johnstone have beaten Norrkoeping on penalties despite being 2-1 from the first leg, so have made it to the 3rd qualifier.

Again, can't help but think that could be us.

Glamorous Glue

Trakai who knocked out a slow and wasteful St Johnstone have beaten Norrkoeping on penalties despite being 2-1 from the first leg, so have made it to the 3rd qualifier.

Again, can't help but think that could be us.

We are quite shite at penalties though.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Kari Arnasson will make a difference in the centre.

We were about to sign him under Jefferies iirc?

I don't think the Aberdeen line up is any stronger than last year and their bench is nothing to write home about

I don't think the Aberdeen line up is any stronger than last year and their bench is nothing to write home about

It's been together a long time and has years of experience.

You might look at the players individually and not see much but as a unit it's impressive.

Archived