Europa Cup

martoon

alicante jambo

Christie is playing amazing. Great stuff from Aberdeen here.

He is having a great game

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgaro Gomis

Fair enough they got the two goals but I've felt GMS and Stewart have been pretty poor, goals aside. Ryan Christie has been absolutely fantastic though.

alicante jambo

Fair enough they got the two goals but I've felt GMS and Stewart have been pretty poor, goals aside. Ryan Christie has been absolutely fantastic though.

Agree 100%

alicante jambo

9 minutes left 2_0 up aberdeen

Been the better team tbh christie different class hes ready for the season.thats for sure.Sirok no very good and deserve nothing from this.

How's this for a laugh !

Couple of sevco boys of my acquaintance booked their trip to Cyprus before the second leg of their debacle in Luxemborg. Now the sheep are going....that's got to hurt !

Seriously??

Yup.

What's the problem?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Internet

Haven't watched this game but Christie is very good, Celtic could have easily just played him in all their league games and still strolled it.

alicante jambo

Haven't watched this game but Christie is very good, Celtic could have easily just played him in all their league games and still strolled it.

Hes been better than any player tonight by miles

Nookie Bear

Yup.

What's the problem?

Oh, nothing really. You carry on enjoying Aberdeen winning in Europe.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Aberdeen did well tonight but 7th in the Bosnian League for perspective. Its Ross County really

No probs :)

Aberdeen are way down on my list of teams I don't like, I'm quite happy for them to go through as well tbh, Europa league could disrupt their league form if they make the groups plus at least it's not another embarrassment for Scottish teams in Europe.

Aberdeen did well tonight but 7th in the Bosnian League for perspective. Its Ross County really

Considering Bosnia are 13 places below Scotland in the rankings, it's Hibs !

Thats a superb result, an away win in europe rarely comes along so that is very good going.

Next round will be a huge test.

Who do they play next...?

Appolon Limmasol of Cyprus, I think.

Apologies for any sp mistakes.

It's not really though. It's always hard this time of year in Europe as shown by us last year and in fact a couple of nights ago. They are through and three of their new signings made a massive impact. Fair play to them, they are the standard we need to reach at this moment in time.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Who do they play next...?

Cypriots. Apollon Limassol. Not a bad draw.

Press going overboard. Poor opponents tonight really ordinary

Mars plastic

Where are Malta?

Where does the sides that papped Rangers and Hibs out last year and Elgin compare?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It's not really though. It's always hard this time of year in Europe as shown by us last year and in fact a couple of nights ago. They are through and three of their new signings made a massive impact. Fair play to them, they are the standard we need to reach at this moment in time.

Just watched the game. They were awful. 7th in the Bosnian League. Perspective. It was a team that never put 2 passes together but Aberdeen managed the game in the proper way

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Where does the sides that papped Rangers and Hibs out last year and Elgin compare?

What have Elgin got to do with it?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Where are Malta?

Birkirkara beat Siroki 3 1 on aggregate last season. If that helps

They qualified for the Europa by winning their domestic cup. They had only lost 2 of their last 31 games at home before tonight. Great result in blistering mid 30 degree heat it's always hard to win away in Europe but we've made a habit of doing it under McInnes (Gronigen, Rijeka and tonight's result as well). Arnason to come in for the next round and hopefully Maloney and Moult will follow in due course. Things looking promising. Cypriot team next. Bring them on.

why are some having a wee dig at Hearts cause we are not going overboard applauding the sheep

Appolon Limmasol of Cyprus, I think.

Apologies for any sp mistakes.

Thanx mate. Thought they finished strong and deserved the win. If they stay in Europe it can benefit us with them having mid week games.

Mars plastic

Birkirkara beat Siroki 3 1 on aggregate last season. If that helps

Il refrain from belittling Aberdeen's result given our shambolic showing in Europe last time out, if that helps.

Bazzas right boot

Just watched the game. They were awful. 7th in the Bosnian League. Perspective. It was a team that never put 2 passes together but Aberdeen managed the game in the proper way

another way to look at is that saints and rangers got papped out by worst teams and we smoked Elgin 1-0.

Football is not about statistics and numbers, most games in Europe are hard, we found that out last year and any away win is good in Europe, especially for a Scottish team.

To down play a good result makes you look petty, its hardly 1984 ( or whatever), but its a good result.

Good result, like someone has said, they are the standard for us.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

They qualified for the Europa by winning their domestic cup. They had only lost 2 of their last 31 games at home before tonight. Great result in blistering mid 30 degree heat it's always hard to win away in Europe but we've made a habit of doing it under McInnes (Gronigen, Rijeka and tonight's result as well). Arnason to come in for the next round and hopefully Maloney and Moult will follow in due course. Things looking promising. Cypriot team next. Bring them on.

Doesn't disguise the Bosnian team were awful.

jambo in iraq

That was a great performance from the Sheep. Would be baking hot out there too. Lets be brutally honest here, they are a fair bit ahead of us at moment. Maybe having a solid keeper comes for crosses and catches them helps! GMS and Christie look good and Stewart will be decent for them too. Good draw for them. Hope they go through. Teams that play on thursday in say Azerbijan never perform well on the weekend!!

Bazzas right boot

Il refrain from belittling Aberdeen's result given our shambolic showing in Europe last time out, if that helps.

yip and the fact that other two Scottish teams got papped out and we struggled to beat Elgin. Not the time for belittling any team wining in Europe.

Bazzas right boot

Maybe the way Aberdeen contributed to that?

Thanx mate. Thought they finished strong and deserved the win. If they stay in Europe it can benefit us with them having mid week games.

I was thinking the same myself, bud. :)

Lord Beni of Gorgie

another way to look at is that saints and rangers got papped out by worst teams and we smoked Elgin 1-0.

Football is about statistics and numbers, most games in Europe are hard, we found that out last year and any away win is good in Europe, especially for a Scottish team.

To down play a good result makes you look petty, its hardly 1984 ( or whatever), but its a good result.

Good result, like someone has said, they are the standard for us.

Petty. No. Aberdeen fan Michael Grant has just said the same. In fact he has just gone as far to say a better team would have had Aberdeen out.

Telling it like it is. This wasn't the 7th team in Holland or France.

I gave credit they managed the game well.

Elgin. Really? Dominated the game for 90 minutes in 2nd gear. Its a stupid comparison. Ridiculously stupid

Petty. No. Aberdeen fan Michael Grant has just said the same. In fact he has just gone as far to say a better team would have had Aberdeen out.

Elgin. Really? Dominated the game for 90 minutes in 2nd gear. Its a stupid comparison. Ridiculously stupid

AC Milan would have probably beat them aye, but we're a diddy league full of diddy teams and the Europa league qualifiers are full of similarly diddy teams. Going to Bosnia and winning against any of their shitey teams is a decent result for Aberdeen, us, Rangers, Hibs etc etc.

Bazzas right boot

Given saints and ranger's results, it's a good result.

Not great, but good.

Our result V the Malta team last year just reinforces that.

The Elgin reference was to make the point that any game of football can be hard.

Christ, Liverpool only beat us by a goal many moons ago. Any European game can be close, getting through matters, Scottish teams have been rather shite at that.

Professional display by Aberdeen unlike in the first leg.

The other team were mince but the Dons were patient, stuck to the plan and got the result in the end.

I support all Scottish teams in Europe except Celtic, Rangers or Hibs because none of them really represent Scottish football abroad, well maybe Hibs do but I could never support them in anything, so whilst not overly celebrating I feel comfortable saying well done to the Dons.

Fly the Saltire

They were poor tonight. They were actually decent last week at Pittodrie when they were the better side in the second half but guess we were a further week into our preparation tonight and that made a difference.

Favourable draw for them, especially when they could have had the likes of AC Milan, Everton or Marseille. They should go through.

John Findlay

Bottom line. Good result for Aberdeen and they are in the next round.

Archived