Europa Cup

martoon

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much do the sheep earn for the win and going in to the next round? Good result for them and Scottish football tonight.

Fair play to the Haircut 100 fan club, a decent result when there was a bit of pressure after losing the away goal at home. Mutton pies all round!

How much do the sheep earn for the win and going in to the next round? Good result for them and Scottish football tonight.

Not sure what this seasons prize money is but last year it was $225k for second qualifying round and $235k for third qualifying round so imagine it will be similar or slightly more this year. We got a crowd of over 17k at Pittodrie last week will be a similar crowd next week. The additional prize and gate money from getting through this round will hopefully put enough in the coffers to buy Louis Moult.

Arthur Morgan

Good result for them, any away result for a Scottish team in Europe is decent nowadays given how shite we all are. I think Apollon will beat them over the 2 legs though.

Not sure what this seasons prize money is but last year it was $225k for second qualifying round and $235k for third qualifying round so imagine it will be similar or slightly more this year. We got a crowd of over 17k at Pittodrie last week will be a similar crowd next week. The additional prize and gate money from getting through this round will hopefully put enough in the coffers to buy Louis Moult.

I think Moult is a must fir you now as Rooney is too slow and Shockley is clueless.

Currently look like the team that will be best of the rest again. Have signed well, have a way of playing that suits them and undoubtably have a manager who is confident and whose presence is respected in the dressing room. The game at Tynecastle could be a huge one for us given its our first home match and because looking at the fixture list they may well be well ahead of us already.

Watt-Zeefuik

Well done the Dons. I'm still pissed about Birkirkara and missing out on this this year mind.

I think Moult is a must fir you now as Rooney is too slow and Shockley is clueless.

We could certainly do with someone like Moult. Rooney scores 20 goals every season so wouldn't want to lose him but in certain games he is basically a passenger. Moult would be ideal though Nicky Maynard may well prove to be a great signing if he can recapture his previous form. Still wouldn't 100% rule out Stevie May signing at the end of the transfer window I think we'd already have had him signed if Simon Grayson hadn't left for Sunderland.

Fair play Aberdeen, they could have easily bottled it over there, or settled for it at 1-0.

The Cypriot team should be easy enough to take care of, their league is nothing special. The heat in the away leg might kill the Mutton Molesters but they should get through it easily enough.

I want this to be us next season though! :thumbsup:

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Fair play to Aberdeen. Winners never criticise success.

Fair play Aberdeen, they could have easily bottled it over there, or settled for it at 1-0.

The Cypriot team should be easy enough to take care of, their league is nothing special. The heat in the away leg might kill the Mutton Molesters but they should get through it easily enough.

Heat shouldn't be a problem it was mid 30's in Bosnia tonight and we managed to deal with it.

crichiejambos

Heat shouldn't be a problem it was mid 30's in Bosnia tonight and we managed to deal with it.

No issues we Aberdeen and something different as opposed to fecking Celtic and their champions league adventures in one respect hope they don't qualify but then if they do hope they get smoked every game!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I wish people would read properly. Aberdeen were given due credit but context has to be applied. You should expect our teams to beat 7th in the Bosnian League.

Simple as that. Other teams having awful results doesn't suddenly mean this is a fantastic result.

Professional performance but against ordinary opposition

The Cypriot team have qualified for the Europa League group stages twice in the last 5 years. We'll be the underdogs against them albeit it's a winnable tie and the draw could have been far less kind to us.

The Bosnians were shit, hope the Cypriot lot are better and pump the codheids rotten.

Good result for them.

At least the huns will be spewing.

As far as Europe goes for Scottish teams the best we can hope for is to beat the teams we are expected to beat and likely lose to better teams. Aberdeen did this. As Red City says they are underdogs in the next round but its going to be a competitive couple of games that are winnable.

Heres Rixxy

The Cypriot team have qualified for the Europa League group stages twice in the last 5 years. We'll be the underdogs against them albeit it's a winnable tie and the draw could have been far less kind to us.

They also just put the Progres team out 3-1 on agg, so I'd consider it about 50/50.

Since when did Hearts fans give a shite about the flossy ****ers? Congratulating them? Get a grip.

Aberdeen reacted after the Bosnians nearly scored with a volley around the 70th minute. Would have been a cracker of a goal and would likely have changed the game. Full marks to them though for scoring and finishing strongly. Would be happy if can match them this season.

Nookie Bear

Since when did Hearts fans give a shite about the flossy ****ers? Congratulating them? Get a grip.

I have this feeling they like The sheep because of their "rivalry" with rangers and, as we all know, it is a law of JKB to show your anti-sevco attitude wherever possible.

Some of us are secure enough in our PHM-ness not to have to prove anything.

So, in a nutshell, **** the sheep.

Romanov Stole My Pension

I have this feeling they like The sheep because of their "rivalry" with rangers and, as we all know, it is a law of JKB to show your anti-sevco attitude wherever possible.

Some of us are secure enough in our PHM-ness not to have to prove anything.

So, in a nutshell, **** the sheep.

Not really at all though eh.

I'm no fan of Aberdeen, but the pretend hatred people on kickback have is a bit cringeworthy.

Nookie Bear

I'm no fan of Aberdeen, but the pretend hatred people on kickback have is a bit cringeworthy.

I dislike Aberdeen immensely, their fans are dicks and they are direct rivals.

Why this needs explaining on a Hearts forum is beyond me.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hallelujah :)

Some people not getting they are getting spoken to in a condescending manner by one in particular.

Ryan Jarman

Hope they get pumped out and all their players get heat stroke in Cyprus. 

Hallelujah :)

Some people not getting they are getting spoken to in a condescending manner by one in particular.

As ever, forum life is a whole different ball game to real life. I'll saunter up again to Aberdeen this season, hook up with some good Aberdeen boys, have a good old knees up and back down the road !

Dicks ? Not really....supporters.

Mars plastic

As ever, forum life is a whole different ball game to real life. I'll saunter up again to Aberdeen this season, hook up with some good Aberdeen boys, have a good old knees up and back down the road !

Aberdeen is a great trip. However, we did happen upon a couple of trumpets in the pittodrie arms back in March. Some boy was ejected for being reeking only to be let back in ten minutes later. :lol:

Bazzas right boot

Congratulating them is a bit much.

Admitting they had a decent away result is just that.

Hope they get pumped out and all their players get heat stroke in Cyprus.

This. No glamour tie for them and still papped out would be pleasing

Good post...

This

Aberdeen is a great trip. However, we did happen upon a couple of trumpets in the pittodrie arms back in March. Some boy was ejected for being reeking only to be let back in ten minutes later. :lol:

Sure that's happened to me.... :)

Lord Beni of Gorgie

They always have believed they are better than us, even when they really were the shit off our shoe. It got severely up their noses, they often "in jest" resorted to Rangers references. Yet they couldn't be further up Celtics arse themselves. You have to trust me, not really a pleasure being among them. As I say if they are being nice they are being condescending, just their way. They firmly believe they are and always have been the only threat to the Old Firm but specifically Rangers.

They always have believed they are better than us, even when they really were the shit off our shoe. It got severely up their noses, they often "in jest" resorted to Rangers references. Yet they couldn't be further up Celtics arse themselves. You have to trust me, not really a pleasure being among them. As I say if they are being nice they are being condescending, just their way. They firmly believe they are and always have been the only threat to the Old Firm but specifically Rangers.

The bit in bold, sorry, mate, I can only call it as I see it...or experience it more like.

Been drinking with these boys for a baw hair off 30 years. Good lads, one and all.

Some can let the banter get the better of them sometimes but that's drink and you'll get that anywhere.

indianajones

If you ever live in Aberdeen and need to be amongst these tardis dwelling arseholes then you will understand the 'pretend hate'.

Probably the most self entitled fans in Scotland. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The bit in bold, sorry, mate, I can only call it as I see it...or experience it more like.

Been drinking with these boys for a baw hair off 30 years. Good lads, one and all.

Some can let the banter get the better of them sometimes but that's drink and you'll get that anywhere.

Different for me Boab. Every day occurrence :)

Different for me Boab. Every day occurrence :)

Appreciate that, mate. Living and working is a different thing from visiting various hostelries on matchday. Been away with some of them also so can confirm they are decent boys.

I don't look at scarf colour to decide who is decent or not. That's not aimed at you obviously.

chester copperpot

I used to quite like all Scottish teams getting results. Except Hibs, Celtic and Rangers.

Now though, I want all pumped.

In fact, I am that bitter (yes narrow mindness personified) I even hate Welsh and Irish teams doing well.

When I see an English team getting pumped after spending 150M then that makes me happy too.

So what I am saying is, getting old doesn't widen the mind, it narrows it.

I wished Gretna all the best 11yrs ago, now I'd hope them to be pumped rotten.

I have no idea why, but I guess it's best not to be favouring certain teams etc. Best to hate all teams in equal measure.

Thanks

Mr small minded hater.

I used to quite like all Scottish teams getting results. Except Hibs, Celtic and Rangers.

In fact, I am that bitter (yes narrow mindness personified) I even hate Welsh and Irish teams doing well.

When I see an English team getting pumped after spending 150M then that makes me happy too.

I have no idea why, but I guess it's best not to be favouring certain teams etc. Best to hate all teams in equal measure.

Thanks

Mr small minded hater.

Each to their own.... :)

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Thanks

Mr small minded hater.

All about Hearts and **** the rest. Man after my own heart

:blush:

So to summarise from the SPL we have one Scottish and one Irish team through.

Wee bump in the hope that the sheep take a doing tonight.

Has ISTL been on since the codheid dandies got battered in Mostar?

IveSeenTheLight

Wee bump in the hope that the sheep take a doing tonight.

Has ISTL been on since the codheid dandies got battered in Mostar?

;) I'm still around.

Glad I wasn't at the bar, would have been pretty frightening I think to have a few bevvies in and get pounced on by some neanderthals like that.

Otherwise it was a good trip. I' was pretty nervous at half time, but in hindsight it was a smart game plan to conserve energy in the first half when the temperatures was still a bit warmer.

I think tonight might be a tough game. They have scored in 9 out of their last 10 Europa League ties, so we may set up to contain, try to keep a clean sheet and convert an breakaway chances we get.

Keeping a clean sheet in the home leg may be valuable over the two legs

Was the same for the Celtic game last night

But it's utterly shambolic that the game isn't on any sort of viewable Tv today

I get and understand that they want folk to subscribe to Celtic to/ Red Tv(the Aberdeen version) but as far as I can see (and happy to be corrected) there is no way of being in the uk and watching this game tonight (or last night)?

Audio only but international viewers could get a video feed, why? Utterly stupid

At least Hearts had the good sense last year to make it available to U.K. Subscribers for both home legs last year.

Literally almost every other country in Europe has teams

Playing in champions league qualifiers/Europa league qualifiers and it's on their domestic tele in some form, Scotland? Na no thanks

Although premier sports are showing both teams Away legs next week and albeit it's ?9.99 a month to suscribe to them, at least they are putting the money in unlike the Beeb or even stv

Trakai 1-0 up against Shkendija.

Yes I still follow their results and yes I still blame Cathro for us failing to qualify.

Prick.

Everton game live on ITV 4. Not sure against whom ottomh.

Archived