Europa Cup

martoon

As if it's even remotely comparable :rofl: :rofl: .

Rangers result is far, far worse.

In all seriousness probably but to us it was highly unnacetable.

To go back to prior replies to my post I will re-itterate "I loved Neilson" but you live and die by the sword in this game.  Losing 2 nil to Maltese barmen was utterly ridiculous.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bazzas right boot

To go back to prior replies to my post I will re-itterate "I loved Neilson" but you live and die by the sword in this game. Losing 2 nil to Maltese barmen was utterly ridiculous.

Again, so wrong.

You wanted Robbie gone.

Hearts have never lived or died by thier results in Europe.

It was 2-1.

They are full time.

Why, a year later you bring this up is mind boggling.

A_A wehatethehibs

To go back to prior replies to my post I will re-itterate "I loved Neilson" but you live and die by the sword in this game. Losing 2 nil to Maltese barmen was utterly ridiculous.

Thing is bikirkara aren't bar men, they are a professional team so it's a bit like hearts losing to Hamilton or Ross County. Awful yes but nowhere near last night.

Last night rangers lost to East Fife.

Hearts_fan

Feel sorry for the part-time huns amongst us. They will be hurting today.

:glorious:

The thought of part-time Huns being among us makes me sick. We have to get rid of these dangle berries ? fans of rangers have no right calling themselves Hearts fans. GTF.

lauriesrank

Progres' current European record.

Played 14

Lost 11

Drawn 2

Won 1

Total goals scored: 3

Total goals conceded: 41

Results earned (also only matches in which Progres scored):

Progres 1-1 Glentorran (1981, European Cup)

Progres 0-0 Shamrock Rovers (2015, Europa Cup)

Progres 2-1 Glasgow Rangers (2017, Europa Cup)

Rangers European record 

PLayed 2

won 1

lost 1

For 1

Against 2

Rangers 1 Progres 0

Progres 2 rangers 0

Surely that is better reading :D

Harry Potter

The delayed reaction with people just realising Rangers were playing last night and seeing the result.

Like a big avalanche that starts slow and then destroys everything in its path.

Scottish teams are not prepared for the early stages, we found that out last season to our cost.

Anyone know when the luxembourg season started.

Sick of some on here talking about part time rangers fans on here, get a a grip.

A Hearts fan is a Hearts fan, end off.

The thought of part-time Huns being among us makes me sick. We have to get rid of these dangle berries ? fans of rangers have no right calling themselves Hearts fans. GTF.

Spot on. They're not HMFC fans, they only use Hearts to promote their small minded bigoted agenda - time to launch them out of our support permanently.

IveSeenTheLight

I think this is the point he is making though and we're no different with our utter disaster against that Maltese mob last year ... TBF you saying not to dump all of Scottish Football in the shit bucket doesn't wash if at the same time u big up the fact over the last 3 years you haven't qualified for the group stages in the, lets be honest, Mickey Mouse champions league - you can't say that this is good if u were seeded to go out in Q2 as that's only someone else grading you and saying what they expect - it's not just the dons don't get me wrong - were shit in Europe for a reason and I mean collectively

time for radical change - as much as I'm pissing myself laughing about sevco the other night I can't take it seriously any more especially with our own SFA and their dates/pre season not realising that to chuck all Scottish teams into Europe without any pre season at all is just foolhardy

We aren't that good without utterly handicapping us for good measure

I don't like talking down Scottish Football but we are recognised by teams in every other league as being diddys and a dream draw - everyone can't be wrong

Just my opinion

I get all that, but with teams like Zenit, AC Milan and Athletica Bilbao joining QR3 and the champions league drop outs joining QR4 it is and will be extremely difficult to get the the Europa Legue Group stages.

We need to work our way up the seedlings to improve our chances

lauriesrank

Scottish teams are not prepared for the early stages, we found that out last season to our cost.

Sick of some on here talking about part time rangers fans on here, get a a grip.

One it would be 'end of' (a bug bear of mine) and really.... there are numerous hun sympathisers who claim they are jambos, mentals!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Rangers European record

PLayed 2

won 1

lost 1

For 1

Against 2

Rangers 1 Progres 0

Progres 2 rangers 0

Surely that is better reading :D

Accurate and as an established club we should be expected to do better than The Rangers 2012

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I get all that, but with teams like Zenit, AC Milan and Athletica Bilbao joining QR3 and the champions league drop outs joining QR4 it is and will be extremely difficult to get the the Europa Legue Group stages.

Aye that's because we are shite :)

The Luxembourg season starts in August.

Any other theories?

Bazzas right boot

The Luxembourg season starts in August.

Any other theories?

TBF they are part time so it make little difference to them! :2thumbsup:  :sunny: 

Bazzas right boot

Seems Progress may have fielded an ineligible player. 

if thats the case well, fair enough.

They can help the co effecient by a few points and get hammered in a round or two and still have the record of getting in the back door, the very thing Celtic done  and who most Rangers fans revelled in  objecting too.

Hearts1975

I get the seedings part but again the point I'm trying to make is that overall we lose to far poorer sides than the afore mentioned ones in your post - hence where we are currently with the co efficient - the only way is to improve our status and results on a whole but unless we do then we will have to take out an AC Milan or Zenit to qualify for group stages

Without change to our league system and possibly other factors such as coaching etc I just don't see it happening IMO

I think unless your a sellik fan no supporter of any Scottish club can claim to as u put it "not be part of the shit bucket"

not having a go at you personally - just saying it how it is

If it's the guy who took a banned substance, he was cleared to play.

It was a joke from earlier that they were going to protest to u e f a that one of their players was a gas fitter and he wasn't Gorgie registered.

It was a joke from earlier that they were going to protest to u e f a that one of their players was a gas fitter and he wasn't Gorgie registered.

Nope, it's different.

...a bit disco

Nope.

One of the goalscorers apparently took a banned asthma treatment (for his asthma!) back in May.

UEAFA deemed him eligible though.

Stephen Muddie

I hope Aberdeen get an absolute beasting also. And St Johnstone for that matter.

This. Aberdeen way too big for their velcro socks

There's a couple of regulars missing off here tonight in all the hilarity.

Don't think I need to elaborate further.

Wonder if big Dave would like a membership sent for The Sacred Hearts Catholic Supporters Club.

Stephen Muddie

This guy's pretty funny if you can get past the accent.

His Lee Wallace impressions are pretty good :sailor:

:)

...a bit disco

Wonder if big Dave would like a membership sent for The Sacred Hearts Catholic Supporters Club.

He'd love it.

DD-5Mm7W0AEUWjO.jpg

I'm actually getting sick of reading "Their season started earlier" as an excuse for shit results.

If Stirling Albion started a few weeks earlier than Barcelona, and played a game against them, it would make **** all difference. Come on people, let's stop peddling this shite and making it seem like a credible statement.

Rangers didn't lose because the Luxembourg team started training a few weeks before, or are halfway into their season, or whatever the excuse is. They lost because they are ****ing murder. Anyone and everyone should be able to beat them this season.

Gone are the days of being scared of going to Ibrox. I can't wait to go there and ****ing do them at their own gaff in front of tens of thousands of their own supporters!

Marcus_Barkus

So what we thinking for tonight?  

St Johnstone to get a 5-0 hammering  or something along those lines?

Sad state of affairs....

Sad state of affairs....

Yep another loss to Trakai suit bottoms

IveSeenTheLight

Sad state of affairs....

Yep another loss to Trakai suit bottoms

A draw and "glorious " defeat

On one hand, the reports were that Traakai were a half decent outfit and "technically" better than St Johnstone.

That said, looking at the highlights, St Johnstone had their chances.

They'll need two goals and can see them going for it. They've nothing to lose.

As I said before the Progress game, anything can happen.

If St Johnstone can pull it off, it would be a Carsberg week for me and we can shift the embarrassment from Scottish football solely onto SevCo

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm actually getting sick of reading "Their season started earlier" as an excuse for shit results.

If Stirling Albion started a few weeks earlier than Barcelona, and played a game against them, it would make **** all difference. Come on people, let's stop peddling this shite and making it seem like a credible statement.

Rangers didn't lose because the Luxembourg team started training a few weeks before, or are halfway into their season, or whatever the excuse is. They lost because they are ******* murder. Anyone and everyone should be able to beat them this season.

Gone are the days of being scared of going to Ibrox. I can't wait to go there and ******* do them at their own gaff in front of tens of thousands of their own supporters!

Aberdeen lost in Luxembourg last season as well scraping through in the end hanging on for aggregate. It's not necessarily the best indication of what the league season holds. We should be competitive with them.

IveSeenTheLight

Aberdeen lost in Luxembourg last season as well scraping through in the end hanging on for aggregate. It's not necessarily the best indication of what the league season holds. We should be competitive with them.

Whilst its true we scraped through against Fola Esch over both games, we were completely dominant at home and had a poor away day game.

As I said before, these early games can be difficult.

I agree with tian447, lets not try and give SevCo an excuse for getting pumped out of Europe.

They are there for the taking, at Ibrokes too.

Just have a go, they are nothing special

michael_bolton

Rangers didn't lose because the Luxembourg team started training a few weeks before, or are halfway into their season, or whatever the excuse is. They lost because they are ******* murder. Anyone and everyone should be able to beat them this season.

Gone are the days of being scared of going to Ibrox. I can't wait to go there and ******* do them at their own gaff in front of tens of thousands of their own supporters!

You say that, but in the last 18 months Premiership sides have lost to part-time opponents 8 times in Europe or the League Cup. All of those defeats have come in either July or the beginning of August. Not one defeat later than that in the season in either League or Scottish Cups. It matters.

Hearts_fan

This guy's pretty funny if you can get past the accent.

"Yous have got the best job that ****in half eh us in the entire of Scotland would love tae be able tae dae is play for rangers"

Where to begin with that mutant shite?

lauriesrank

"Yous have got the best job that ****** half eh us in the entire of Scotland would love tae be able tae dae is play for rangers"

Where to begin with that mutant shite?

Yep, igonorance is bliss of course, also.... he's not even from the weege

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Whilst its true we scraped through against Fola Esch over both games, we were completely dominant at home and had a poor away day game.

As I said before, these early games can be difficult.

I agree with tian447, lets not try and give SevCo an excuse for getting pumped out of Europe.

They are there for the taking, at Ibrokes too.

Just have a go, they are nothing special

It's also an inconvenient truth for you the post saved you as much as it did Niederkorn. Thin margins but similar standards

IveSeenTheLight

It's also an inconvenient truth for you the post saved you as much as it did Niederkorn. Thin margins but similar standards

Lol, not quite.

I love how you spin stats and facts to try and make an argument

Stephen Muddie

What happened sir gio? How close did the world famous Aberdeen come to euro embarrassment?

IveSeenTheLight

What happened sir gio? How close did the world famous Aberdeen come to euro embvarrassment ?

Folks hit the post once which if it went in they would have went through on away goals rule.

Al ifs and buts.

Nothing about how we bombarded them with numerous efforts on target in the first game.

SevCo meanwhile hit the woodwork 3 times (hence the spin as clearly Fola Esch did not have the same number of opportunities)

Nonetheless, we went through, as tough as it is in the early rounds.

I can't believe you guys are so keen to defend SevCo's result.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Folks hit the post once which if it went in they would have went through on away goals rule.

Al ifs and buts.

Nothing about how we bombarded them with numerous efforts on target in the first game.

SevCo meanwhile hit the woodwork 3 times (hence the spin as clearly Fola Esch did not have the same number of opportunities)

Nonetheless, we went through, as tough as it is in the early rounds.

I can't believe you guys are so keen to defend SevCo's result.

Not defending their result at all. Remarkably similar 2 legs. You got lucky they didn't but you say they are shit and you aren't.

You don't pull the wool over my eyes. I know the facts. Rangers having more chances is spin? If you want to behave like a roaster in denial on a rival fans site thats weird

peter_hmfc

The matchday programme from the 2nd leg in Luxembourg.

The 2nd and 3rd paragraph.

:vrface: all round to both sides.

2Mr3v4dkRP2JKpnPZN2mwjJcpWvw5SakL3dRQ8-5

The Internet

They are the masters of the anti-jinx. Mind games played to perfection.

St Johnstone are not really a team that goes out strongly on the front foot

They need to do that tonight

Nope.

One of the goalscorers apparently took a banned asthma treatment (for his asthma!) back in May.

UEAFA deemed him eligible though.

The Luxembourg team played 11 ineligible players

They were simply not good enough to playing in Europe

But they won and the result stands

How anyone on here can feel sorry about this result I've no idea. Celtic next hopefully.

Last night was even worse than the vermin taking it dry off Malmo.

:yas:

They are even worse than Birkirkara (if spelled correctly) who knocked us out. Tbh I'm just enjoying their (rangers) demise.

chester copperpot

St Johnstone just kicked off in Lithuania. Any ideas where I can watch this

Archived