Europa Cup

martoon

I am.

First trip to Bosnia for me.

Never had a problem any away game I've been to and not envisaging any in a fortnights time either

All part of a Euro adventure. Places you wouldn't go to otherwise. Don't mind saying hope you win and have a great time

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lol, like I said

We went through, they didn't.

They are shit, but you go on defending them if you like.

You are either thick or cant read

Lord Beni of Gorgie

As predictable as can be. More shame.4 ties played 1 win 3 defeats.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Remember how a lot of our Lithuanian players were ridiculed by the Scottish hacks as if they were donkeys, some were granted but a good few were technically better than the cloggers that fill the Scottish leagues. Scotland have to get the heads out the sand and get the talented kids schooled properly in the technical aspects because we are failing miserably as it stands. Fellow smaller nations are now moving well ahead of us and it is getting grim for Scotland's place in the game.

lauriesrank

Hold.

Not that you told us the cash out value, however, reds atr leading, other 4 are 0-0

Heartsmad1874

Not that you told us the cash out value, however, reds atr leading, other 4 are 0-0

This is how it's doing. Going to be a tense next hour.1f5578be3cbc3d7e59ef3c17656200d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

lauriesrank

There are streams available too... for extra sweating :D

This is how it's doing. Going to be a tense next hour.1f5578be3cbc3d7e59ef3c17656200d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

As it stands, you are now effectively betting over ?300 on a 5 match acca in the hope of getting ?2500 back.  4 of those games are tight at the moment, and if only 1 goes wrong you're goosed.

For an initial ?2.50 stake, I'd be inclined to cash out if I was in your position.  A bird in the hand and all that!

manaliveits105

Good - fermers getting way above their station these days .I expect the sheep to follow suit .

As it stands, you are now effectively betting over ?300 on a 5 match acca in the hope of getting ?2500 back. 4 of those games are tight at the moment, and if only 1 goes wrong you're goosed.

For an initial ?2.50 stake, I'd be inclined to cash out if I was in your position. A bird in the hand and all that!

Exactly. Cash out.

But then I'm a big jessie.

crichiejambos

i can see why we/other teams want the brothers grim getting howked at every opportunity especially in Europe,for no other reason that they couldnt give a stuff about us or Scottish football in general! Giving half a chance they would want be anywhere else other than here they show no respect for Scotland or their football teams so feck em! But Aberdeen,st Johnstone etc are the same as us they're trying to do the best they can and to get away from the norm and compete in Europe no just for themselves but to give Scotland and Scottish football a bit of self respect unfortunately again that's no happened! But their/our failure last season does not enhance our reputation at all! Other than the uglies every other teams partisapation In Europe and for as long as possible should be applauded!

Heartsmad1874

Floriana got a penalty right on half time and sunk my cash out to about ?160 :(.

However Norrkoping now lead and i'm back to the ?300 mark with just 3 games to go :pleasing:

lauriesrank

Thought it was rugby... grimsby borough 3 grimsby... 10! :D

Heartsmad1874

Cashpoint or whatever they are called conceded :( However not all bad as Jagiellona Bialystok have scored so still just waiting on 3 teams.

Heartsmad1874

Goal for Red Star.

Sadly Levski Sofia or the Austrian side don't need a goal as they are already through :(.

I am.

First trip to Bosnia for me.

Never had a problem any away game I've been to and not envisaging any in a fortnights time either

I went to our away tie against Siroki Brijeg back in 2006 and had a great time. Stayed in Mostar which is a really beautiful town and quite close by. You'll have a cracking time. Hope they've improved their stadium since 06 though! Worst toilet I've ever seen. No toilet in the away end so they had to let us into the home end to use the loo and it was bogging.

lauriesrank

Hope you cashe out, on another note, the friendly finished 3-11 to grimsby..... think that it must have been a missed conversion and two penalties... :D

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I was going to say 2 weeks and this thread is over but then I remembered Celtic parachute in

I was going to say 2 weeks and this thread is over but then I remembered Celtic parachute in

I'd be quite happy for Aberdeen to get a decent run, maybe even make the groups.

Of our former European 'does'

Siroki Brijeg

Zeljeznicar

Red Star Belgrade

Ferencvaros

all safely navigated the first round tonight

The only other team we have previously faced who have played this week were Infonet Tallinn (last year we played them in the Europa league 1st round) who won the Estonian league last season

They were eliminated by Malta's Hibernians (booooooo) in the champions league 1st round 0-3 on aggregate

Seymour M Hersh

So the winner against St Johnstone was scored by Maxim Maximov. Should sign him just for his name (and the fact he can score against the fermers!). 

Watt-Zeefuik

So the winner against St Johnstone was scored by Maxim Maximov. Should sign him just for his name (and the fact he can score against the fermers!). 

I'm too heartbroken over the Watt-Zeefuik front line never materializing last year that I just can't get excited about names this year.

Hearts_fan

I'm too heartbroken over the Watt-Zeefuik front line never materializing last year that I just can't get excited about names this year.

Never thought of that possibility :) That would have been excellent.

Watt-Zeefuik

Never thought of that possibility :) That would have been excellent.

Honestly think even if we only ran it out once the publicity we could have generated from it would have been worth the signing alone... :(

Well, it's the turn of the sheep tonight to see if Scottish Football can improve it's standing in Europe.

I'm aware of the inevitable " F them " type replies but personally I hope they do well.

Titanium hat on !

Bazzas right boot

I'd be quite happy for Aberdeen to get a decent run, maybe even make the groups.

nah, 3rd or last qualifying round.

Don't want Aberdeen getting ?2.5-?5m for the group stages.

We should all be reaching at least these stages, getting ko'd in the first round is tragic stuff.

IveSeenTheLight

nah, 3rd or last qualifying round.

Don't want Aberdeen getting ?2.5-?5m for the group stages.

We should all be reaching at least these stages, getting ko'd in the first round is tragic stuff.

Getting to the group stages is really tough.

Its the luck of the draw as there are some tough teams in QR3 and QR4.

Its why (especially for the seasons going forward) that you qualify every year to get the coefficients up and get a better opportunity for a draw

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Yay my favourite thread back. Be prepared for more of the same. Not quite sure why Hearts fans want Aberdeen to be financially stronger than Hearts but there you go

Watt-Zeefuik

Yay my favourite thread back. Be prepared for more of the same. Not quite sure why Hearts fans want Aberdeen to be financially stronger than Hearts but there you go

The financial impact to Aberdeen will still not bring them level with us in the long run financially.  For that, the city would have to actually embrace the team, and a real title tilt against Celtic wasn't enough to do that, so why would the Europa Leagues do it?

Continually making the statement internationally that Scottish football is more than the OF will help us recruit players.  A long run in the EL by Aberdeen would send the message, "why not Hearts?"

We are currently losing players and managers to League 1 in England because that's seen as less of a backwater than the SPFL. That desperately needs to change.

I hope my old friends from Siroki absolutely destroy them.

In fairness they are pretty pish but you never know

When we do get back into Europe, it would be good not to have our first game at the end of June.

It may take time but there is only one way that can happen....guess !

Lord Beni of Gorgie

When we do get back into Europe, it would be good not to have our first game at the end of June.

It may take time but there is only one way that can happen....guess !

Anything we achieve we should do ourselves. These June and July games are red herring. The keys to have a squad that can compete in August. June and July games then take care of themselves

Maiden Gorgie

Is the Aberdeen game on TV? Searched online and getting nowhere

Anything we achieve we should do ourselves. These June and July games are red herring. The keys to have a squad that can compete in August. June and July games then take care of themselves

Fair enough. I'd prefer to start at the end of July to give squad time to get up to speed.

That can only happen if the coefficient rises. That means involving every team from our country.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Fair enough. I'd prefer to start at the end of July to give squad time to get up to speed.

That can only happen if the coefficient rises. That means involving every team from our country.

Will take more than an Aberdeen run whilst they get rich to get us playing 3rd round qualifiers. Only way to do it is to build the quality squad that can compete.

But that's less likely to happen if they can outbid us with European money.

I appreciate the Scotland thing but really if you want to see Scottish club's achieve its probably the ones shopping in different markets we want to do so.

:indeed:

Given that national coefficients are barely worth anything anymore I'm not sure why anyone would want the other Scottish teams to do well when all it means is they're earning money that we're not.

Will take more than an Aberdeen run whilst they get rich to get us playing 3rd round qualifiers. Only way to do it is to build the quality squad that can compete.

I appreciate the Scotland thing but really if you want to see Scottish club's achieve its probably the ones shopping in different markets we want to do so.

Your first and second sentences are a contradiction.

If we improve our squad and compete well in Europe, we'll not make much difference to the country's standing, esp if everyone else is getting pumped. We'll still be going in at a ridiculous time i.e at least two weeks before even the League Cup starts.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Your first and second sentences are a contradiction.

If we improve our squad and compete well in Europe, we'll not make much difference to the country's standing, esp if everyone else is getting pumped. We'll still be going in at a ridiculous time i.e at least two weeks before even the League Cup starts.

Not if you dramatically improve your own coefficient. If you have the players to handle rounds 3 and 4 really 1 and 2 should be training matches.

The more you win as a club the higher you go.

IveSeenTheLight

The way the seedings are moving to next year, you have to repeatedly be in it to improve your own co-efficient.

The Scottish co-efficient only comes into play if your own co-efficient is below that.

Its therefore folly to want to be out in order to build a squad capable of competing as each round gets you more points.

this will then be spread over 10 years, so each year your out, you miss out on points which helps your seeding.

IveSeenTheLight

Not if you dramatically improve your own coefficient. If you have the players to handle rounds 3 and 4 really 1 and 2 should be training matches.

That's my point, Hearts are getting 0 points this season which will tally up for 10 years.

St Johnstone and SevCo will get 0.25 points for their first round exits each year for the next 10 years

You therefore want to be in it and get as far as you can

Aye, for individual seeding.

The amount of places allocated and at what stage of the competition is worked out on the country's coefficient, not the club's.

Simply if we qualified and got to round 3 or 4 and everyone else got pumped in the first round, we'll still go in at the earliest level as the country's coefficient would still be gash !

Archived