Europa Cup

martoon

Turkishcap

I want all proper Scottish teams to do well in Europe so all the best to the remaining 2.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Aberdeen get an absolute beasting also. And St Johnstone for that matter.

The Rangers getting humiliated was funny.

We need the other Scottish teams to do well (Celtic excepted).

What harm have ST Johnstone done you ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

As you know from last year, early rounds can be tough simply because the season has not yet started whilst opposition can be mid season.

We went through though and have beaten teams we were not expected to.

I'm expecting us to beat Siroki Brijeg or Ordabasy, but it will be tough just because it's our first competitive games of the season.

Less of the "Scottish football is shite" and lay the blame squarely at the clubs who fail to perform.

SevCo were shit and it was a Carlsberg night last night.

Ignore facts all you want but only countries who are shit play 4 qualifying rounds.

Pure and simple. Why deny it. Apart from the Croatian side you have done nothing of any note. Not even reached the final qualifying round once. Pathetic really

Jamboelite

Ignore facts all you want but only countries who are shit play 4 qualifying rounds.

Pure and simple. Why deny it. Apart from the Croatian side you have done nothing of any note. Not even reached the final qualifying round once. Pathetic really

Can we concentrate on Sevco misery plenty time to enjoy Aberdeens

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The Pedro geezer is a feckin hoot.

Wandering about in some plants. Jesus wept. :rofl:

I don't think he is the full token.

I doubt he had any idea what he was signing up for.

The desperation to form a challenge and quick could set them back years. It's like watching a mug punter throw good money after bad

...a bit disco

The Pedro geezer is a feckin hoot.

Wandering about in some plants. Jesus wept. :rofl:

I don't think he is the full token.

Sounds like a training session at Auchenhowie.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Can we concentrate on Sevco misery plenty time to enjoy Aberdeens

The farmers are next.

I find it hard to enjoy the thrill of berating teams who have qualified for the embarrassment of European football when we embarrassed ourselves by not getting there.

Whether Cathro is a success or not, one thing he has correct. If you want to take part you need to have a team capable.

Our League Champions took 7 in the Champions League and were lucky it wasn't more. Our invincible champions.

Scotland needs change

Neilson's Shank

Out of Europe 3 days after the start of the Marching Season, surely an new record.

IveSeenTheLight

Not ignoring facts. I'm pointing them out.

We were extremely unfortunate against Maribor last season to stop us getting to QR4.

We also beat Groningen, a Dutch side expected to beat us.

We have done our bit in the last three years getting to QR3 each season when we were seeded to go out in QR2.

We can't influence other teams in Scotlands results, hence my point of not lumping all of Scottish football in the same shit bucket

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We were extremely unfortunate against Maribor last season to stop us getting to QR4.

We have done our bit in the last three years getting to QR3 each season when we were seeded to go out in QR2.

We can't influence other teams in Scotlands results, hence my point of not lumping all of Scottish football in the same shit bucket

Maribor were abysmal.

You miss the point. I doubt Mcinnes is happy as you with the lack of achievement.

Seeded to go out in the second or third qualifying rounds.

You have just proved my point. Better than the Welsh and Faroese but same as the Irish. Scottish football is shit. Get your rose tinted glasses off and get out of your ivory tower

IveSeenTheLight

Maribor were abysmal.

You miss the point. I doubt Mcinnes is happy as you with the lack of achievement.

You have just proved my point. Better than the Welsh and Faroese but same as the Irish. Scottish football is shit. Get your rose tinted glasses off and get out of your ivory tower

Lol, not at all.

I agree we were shit but I'm realistic to know it will take a number of years and improved performances to get up the coefficients.

We've (Aberdeen) made progress in those three years which the facts are indisputable.

IveSeenTheLight

Lol, not at all.

I agree we were shit but I'm realistic to know it will take a number of years and improved performances to get up the coefficients.

We've (Aberdeen) made progress in those three years which the facts are indisputable.

Just to make my point.

Aberdeen 2013/14 coefficient = 4.313

Aberdeen 2014/15 coefficient = 4.580

Aberdeen 2015/16 coefficient = 5.460

Aberdeen 2016/17 coefficient = 6.785.

It's progres ;) slow for sure, but progres ;)

Bazzas right boot

It is a shite bucket, but like every thread, someone has too turn a great thead sour.

Rangers get beat of a team that had scored 1 goal in Europe and folk can't have a bit fun.

Scottish  teams continue to out shite each other in Europe, Aberdeen have picked up last 3/4 years but even you lads had some howling results.

This shouldn't be the thread for that, tho, this should be a laugh at rangers  thread. The heralded most successful club in the world, just got knocked out of Europe by a team who finished 4th in the Luxembourg league, hadn't won a tie , had only scored 1 goal and are part time. Rangers with their ?15m + in wages, ?1m transfer fees have just out shited everyone- its glorious, not only because its funny, but because it seriously damages them, if they end u sacking their mgt team early, I'd say the  will be losing about ?8-?10m from their projected plans.

Although, imo you cannot lose what you never had, I don't think rangers accountants think like that. These mugs are there for the taking.

Maribor were abysmal.

Oh go and start a fresh thread to discuss how shit Scottish football is.

This thread is for ripping the pish out of the Rangers. We are all having fun except you it seems. People might start to get suspicious

IveSeenTheLight

It is a shite bucket, but like every thread, someone has too turn a great thead sour.

Rangers get beat of a team that had scored 1 goal in Europe and folk can't have a bit fun.

Scottish  teams continue to out shite each other in Europe, Aberdeen have picked up last 3/4 years but even you lads had some howling results.

This shouldn't be the thread for that, tho, this should be a laugh at rangers  thread. The heralded most successful club in the world, just got knocked out of Europe by a team who finished 4th in the Luxembourg league, hadn't won a tie , had only scored 1 goal and are part time. Rangers with their ?15m + in wages, ?1m transfer fees have just out shited everyone- its glorious, not only because its funny, but because it seriously damages them, if they end u sacking their mgt team early, I'd say the  will be losing about ?8-?10m from their projected plans.

Although, imo you cannot lose what you never had, I don't think rangers accountants think like that. These mugs are there for the taking.

Can't argue with any of this.

I've acknowledges we've been shite before and accept we are starting from a low, but have done our bit in the last 3 years which was my point.

I want ALL Scottish teams to do well with the exception of SevCo.

They are there for the taking this year and with a bit of luck and improvements made, the likes of you and StJohnstone can help to put SevCo to the sword.

Part-time footballer & full-time Rangers fan Kris Boyd's been on Sky this morning greeting.

:pleasing:

Maybe he could recommend a decent laptop for Pedro?

...a bit disco

Part-time footballer & full-time Rangers fan Kris Boyd's been on Sky this morning greeting.

Hey, hey, hey it's a beautiful day.

tumblr_lxvb47IWQG1r06m1wo4_250.gif

Hearts1975

I think this is the point he is making though and we're no different with our utter disaster against that Maltese mob last year ... TBF you saying not to dump all of Scottish Football in the shit bucket doesn't wash if at the same time u big up the fact over the last 3 years you haven't qualified for the group stages in the, lets be honest, Mickey Mouse champions league - you can't say that this is good if u were seeded to go out in Q2 as that's only someone else grading you and saying what they expect - it's not just the dons don't get me wrong - were shit in Europe for a reason and I mean collectively

time for radical change - as much as I'm pissing myself laughing about sevco the other night I can't take it seriously any more especially with our own SFA and their dates/pre season not realising that to chuck all Scottish teams into Europe without any pre season at all is just foolhardy

We aren't that good without utterly handicapping us for good measure

I don't like talking down Scottish Football but we are recognised by teams in every other league as being diddys and a dream draw - everyone can't be wrong

Just my opinion

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It is a shite bucket, but like every thread, someone has too turn a great thead sour.

Scottish teams continue to out shite each other in Europe, Aberdeen have picked up last 3/4 years but even you lads had some howling results.

This shouldn't be the thread for that, tho, this should be a laugh at rangers thread. The heralded most successful club in the world, just got knocked out of Europe by a team who finished 4th in the Luxembourg league, hadn't won a tie , had only scored 1 goal and are part time. Rangers with their ?15m + in wages, ?1m transfer fees have just out shited everyone- its glorious, not only because its funny, but because it seriously damages them, if they end u sacking their mgt team early, I'd say the will be losing about ?8-?10m from their projected plans.

Although, imo you cannot lose what you never had, I don't think rangers accountants think like that. These mugs are there for the taking.

Turning it sour? The thread is about the Europa league and was in place before last night?

I find it ironic we are laughing at a team who outperformed us last season.

It's not sour it's not having anything to gloat about. Aberdeen have improved to the level of the Irish League progressing to the Maltese league. Awesome

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think this is the point he is making though and we're no different with our utter disaster against that Maltese mob last year ... TBF you saying not to dump all of Scottish Football in the shit bucket doesn't wash if at the same time u big up the fact over the last 3 years you haven't qualified for the group stages in the, lets be honest, Mickey Mouse champions league - you can't say that this is good if u were seeded to go out in Q2 as that's only someone else grading you and saying what they expect - it's not just the dons don't get me wrong - were shit in Europe for a reason and I mean collectively

time for radical change - as much as I'm pissing myself laughing about sevco the other night I can't take it seriously any more especially with our own SFA and their dates/pre season not realising that to chuck all Scottish teams into Europe without any pre season at all is just foolhardy

We aren't that good without utterly handicapping us for good measure

I don't like talking down Scottish Football but we are recognised by teams in every other league as being diddys and a dream draw - everyone can't be wrong

Just my opinion

We are in total agreement. Of course it's great to see Rangers implode. But Rangers imploding doesn't make us any better

The delayed reaction with people just realising Rangers were playing last night and seeing the result.

Like a big avalanche that starts slow and then destroys everything in its path.

We are in total agreement. Of course it's great to see Rangers implode. But Rangers imploding doesn't make us any better

Had a chortle when I heard the result. A natural reaction when it concerns sevco but, you're right, we, like all Scottish clubs, are part of this downfall in European terms. Frankly, it's ******* embarrassing !

Sheep and green menace up next for other countries to have a good laugh at.

Bazzas right boot

Turning it sour? The thread is about the Europa league and was in place before last night?

I find it ironic we are laughing at a team who outperformed us last season.

It's not sour it's not having anything to gloat about. Aberdeen have improved to the level of the Irish League progressing to the Maltese league. Awesome

It is a little Ironic, but then again they do have 3 times our budget.

Improvement is improvement, better than what we, Saints or Rangers have done recently. I find it hard to knock any progress in the backdrop of a general decline.

If you do not  want to  slag of teams  on the principal that it is ironic to slag teams that are better than us, then fair enough. Pretty dull tho, you'll not get much joy in ripping  Hamilton or Ross County, hibs you might.

I'll join in the gentle banter and general humiliation of rangers quite freely with the knowledge of the longer term ramifications for them making it even sweeter.

The state of Scottish football has had many threads on it and no doubt a new one will surface soon, this thread is now a piss take on rangers and quite rightly.

All roads lead to Gorgie

The delayed reaction with people just realising Rangers were playing last night and seeing the result.

Like a big avalanche that starts slow and then destroys everything in its path.

It is like an avalanche of laughter as a joke gradually spreads. A bigger joke though will be if the Scottish press continue to big up the Glasgow derby as a huge world event this season. Surely any inferiority complex that exists for teams playing against this new version of Rangers will be swept away in the coming season. 

Good luck to the Dons and the Saints by the way.

Feel sorry for the part-time huns amongst us. They will be hurting today.

:glorious:

Son Of Anarchy

and very very quiet.

Pans Jambo

I don't care about Scottish football to the extent of how it effects the coefficient etc.

I just enjoy the plight of the Hun after all the verbal diarrhoea they spout and the arrogance they show.

Their Orc bigoted twat supporters are hurting and that is great.

^^^Very much this^^^

Bazzas right boot

They clearly are, and when they do surface  it will be all about the state of Scottish football.

Ignoring the fact that they are now the laughing stock of a laughing stock and deserve all the pelters they get for a result that looks worse and worse the more you learn about Progres.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Stop putting the boot in now. :sunny:  :2thumbsup: 

The system's pretty rigged in favour of the more powerful countries anyway. I'm not that arsed about the co-efficient.

It's very funny. Let's just enjoy it. 

But does that defeat count? because the Mhanks weren't in the Europa cup :tiny:  :tiny:

All roads lead to Gorgie

But does that defeat count? because the Mhanks weren't in the Europa cup :tiny:  :tiny:

They will be before Christmas.

All roads lead to Gorgie, on 05 Jul 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

They will be before Christmas.

:2thumbsup:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

How anyone on here can feel sorry about this result I've no idea. Celtic next hopefully.

Last night was even worse than the vermin taking it dry off Malmo.

:yas:

Nucky Thompson

I'm sure our more traditional fans were also pishing themselves laughing at this result.

I don't know any Hearts fan, loyalist or not who has any kind of affection for Rangers :biggrin:

...a bit disco

I'm sure our more traditional fans were also pishing themselves laughing at this result.

I don't know any Hearts fan, loyalist or not who has any kind of affection for Rangers :biggrin:

You clearly haven't met Big Dave then.

I'm sure our more traditional fans were also pishing themselves laughing at this result.

Which, ironically, will annoy another group of people on here.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

How anyone on here can feel sorry about this result I've no idea. Celtic next hopefully.

Last night was even worse than the vermin taking it dry off Malmo.

:yas:

Sorry. Not a bit. I say we all withdraw from European football until we don't have to play these qualifying rounds we are too good for

:whistling:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It is a little Ironic, but then again they do have 3 times our budget.

Improvement is improvement, better than what we, Saints or Rangers have done recently. I find it hard to knock any progress in the backdrop of a general decline.

If you do not want to slag of teams on the principal that it is ironic to slag teams that are better than us, then fair enough. Pretty dull tho, you'll not get much joy in ripping Hamilton or Ross County, hibs you might.

I'll join in the gentle banter and general humiliation of rangers quite freely with the knowledge of the longer term ramifications for them making it even sweeter.

The state of Scottish football has had many threads on it and no doubt a new one will surface soon, this thread is now a piss take on rangers and quite rightly.

Hibs you say

:fth:

they are now hoping for a bye to next round... Bears den-"Apparently their goal scorer wasn't cleared to play due to a failed drugs test with his former team.

Hope to feck its true."

Lord Beni of Gorgie

they are now hoping for a bye to next round... Bears den-"Apparently their goal scorer wasn't cleared to play due to a failed drugs test with his former team.

Hope to feck its true."

Glutton for punishment?

I loved Neilson but wanted him out after the Birkirkara game.  Anyone who can?t see the magnitude of unacceptability of that game for us  is deluded.  Laugh at Rangers, those scumbags deserve it but just know that this time last year that is how low we also stopped.  You could argue Birkirkara are a better team, they probably are but we were at home.

Bazzas right boot

I loved Neilson but wanted him out after the Birkirkara game. Anyone who can?t see the magnitude of unacceptability of that game for us is deluded. Laugh at Rangers, those scumbags deserve it but just know that this time last year that is how low we also stopped. You could argue Birkirkara are a better team, they probably are but we were at home.

So wrong.

We were a round further for starters.

We have a third of rangers budget.

We expected to go a round further, rangers at least 3.

Look at progres history and then ranger's ( cough, cough).

Why you can somehow turn a result like last night into a dig at Robbie and Hearts is un****ing believable.

Why you would want to is another matter.

Escobar PHM

So wrong.

We were a round further for starters.

We have a third of rangers budget.

We expected to go a round further, rangers at least 3.

Look at progres history and then ranger's ( cough, cough).

Why you can somehow turn a result like last night into a dig at Robbie and Hearts is un******* believable.

Why you would want to is another matter.

Rangers last night is the worst result in Scottish (European)club history by a distance. Ours against Birkirkara is up there in the top 5 or 6 but it pales into insignificance compared to last night.

peter_hmfc

I loved Neilson but wanted him out after the Birkirkara game. Anyone who can?t see the magnitude of unacceptability of that game for us is deluded. Laugh at Rangers, those scumbags deserve it but just know that this time last year that is how low we also stopped. You could argue Birkirkara are a better team, they probably are but we were at home.

As if it's even remotely comparable :rofl: :rofl: .

Rangers result is far, far worse.

Archived