Paterson at Cardiff ( merged )

kila

Just now, Peebo said:

Cardiff aren’t English...

Jesus, Late night.

Wouldn't have said an english team v an english team if i was sober - 2 english teams surely.

Anyway been a dencent game with the Welsh side being slightly on top so far - Nothing wrong with the challenge for the disallowed goal. Wether the keeper heard the whistle or not was a cracking strike.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Kiwidoug

• kila

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does look like the passing is of a higher standard in this game than most in the SPL.

Be interesting to see pass attempts/completions stats vs a SPL game.

Edited by Neon

Fozzyonthefence
32 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not first choice in any position yet 

Not looking good for our sell on clause then! Bizarre to drop someone after scoring 2 goals after they had lost 4 straight games.

What I’ve seen of Cardiff they look quite poor as well but Paterson not guaranteed a game whereas he’d probably be 2nd name on the team sheet if he was still here.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Does look like the passing is of a higher standard in this game than most in the SPL.

Spl is faster, more pressing.

7 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Spl is faster, more pressing.

I'd agree with that Dave.

Commentator mentioned three new signings two loans and a 7 mill player so maybe one reason Paterson is not playing.

Only one who has looked 7 mill so far has been the kid with the goal disallowed. Louzha or something.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

I'd agree with that Dave.

Commentator mentioned three new signings two loans and a 7 mill player so maybe one reason Paterson is not playing.

Only one who has looked 7 mill so far has been the kid with the goal disallowed. Louzha or something.

There's a bit quality at the top , no doubt. 

But like you say £14m,£10m,£7 m means nothing down there now. Bog standard players get £30k a week and go for silly money.

I'd fancy us the 1/2 that league no bother

28 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Not looking good for our sell on clause then! Bizarre to drop someone after scoring 2 goals after they had lost 4 straight games.

They didn’t drop him, as he started in the following game. 

Just now, norrie1952 said:

They need Paterson on now or they're going to lose a goal soon!

Bizarre game norrie, looked to have the upper hand first half lost all composure second.

Dave mentioned time on the ball is longer in England, this second half I'd suggest it has been very much like an SPL game with Sheffield doing what we did to Celtic.

54 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Might be deceptive but iv always thought its a bit slower and less frenetic down south so the passing looks better because of that. 

Just now, sadj said:

Might be deceptive but iv always thought its a bit slower and less frenetic down south so the passing looks better because of that. 

No agre sadj, my two posts were from different halves, first have was more paced and tempred second half SW game out all guns blazing.

Anti-climax best way to sum it up, CP got very little time to shine.

Was unlucky with a decent cross into the box and then set up a chance between Lahore and the other guy, then got blamed for the other guy being in an offside position.

Other than that not much to report, game of two halfs - second half first 20 were dull as feck.

Edited by Neon

Worth noting

that Cardiff Loaned Marco Grujic from Liverpool and the scousers inserted a clause that if he doesn’t play in 14 games then Cardiff will be financially penalised by Liverpool.

as Callum has been played in centre midfield it may not be as shocking as it seems him being benched

Did Paterson leave for naff all? I can't remember. No chance of a sell on clause or anything?

I really think he'll get snapped up by a bigger club in the future. 

2 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

Did Paterson leave for naff all? I can't remember. No chance of a sell on clause or anything?

I really think he'll get snapped up by a bigger club in the future. 

We got £400k from them for development fee.

And we have a further 15% sell on clause. So we could potentially net 7 figures out of the deal.

22 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

We got £400k from them for development fee.

And we have a further 15% sell on clause. So we could potentially net 7 figures out of the deal.

Yaaassss That's good news.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

If he stays fit at some point in the future Hearts are going to make a very tidy sum of money out of Patty. Even if he doesn't make the leap to the Premiership with Cardiff or anyone else the money in the Championship will see a player like him moving for 5-6 million easily. That would be 750-900k to us even at that conservative valuation. Of course if he really progresses...........quids in!!!!!

How many goals and assists has he made so far? Seems to be doing very well. 

Ideal scenario is Cardiff go up, he has a year in the EPL and all of a sudden his value goes through the roof!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I had a ticket for the game at Elland Road today and I'll tell you this - he is cruising at Championship level. Almost unplayable today.

Although at the moment, Leeds would make Stephen Hawking look unplayable.

12 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I had a ticket for the game at Elland Road today and I'll tell you this - he is cruising at Championship level. Almost unplayable today.

Great to hear.

22 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Was he actually playing right back today? Seems to be a bit of a utility man for them just now, but I guess he did the same for us for a few years.

If CP can continue this form for the remainder of this season and throughout next we can expect a pretty decent wedge sometime around the summer of 2019.

He’s doing amazing and will definitely move for serious cash, I think he’ll move to somebody like liverpool for easily £20M.  Ideally Cardiff go up and he plays a season before going for Van Dijk kind of money.  He’s still a young lad and the transfer fees are growing down there all the time.  The bigger the transfer window the more that trickles down through the teams.

Imagine we scooped £5M+

He was playing attacking midfield or second striker v Man City. 

Is he being played RB or is Warnock trying to convert him into a more attacking player? 

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Is he being played RB or is Warnock trying to convert him into a more attacking player? 

The attacking side of his game outshines his defensive capabilities.

Not great news for Scotland at right back but probably better for Paterson.

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

As as far as I am aware he has played 0 games at right back for Cardiff

all of his games have been at right or centre midfield 

53 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

As as far as I am aware he has played 0 games at right back for Cardiff

all of his games have been at right or centre midfield 

He definitely has played a number of games at RB. 

I watched Cardiff v Preston a few weeks ago and he was playing there. I think Lee Peltier is Warnocks first choice RB though but had been playing LB because of injuries. 

I personally always felt Paterson should play as a targetman because his attacking strengths outweight his defensive ones. 

scott herbertson
12 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He definitely has played a number of games at RB. 

I watched Cardiff v Preston a few weeks ago and he was playing there. I think Lee Peltier is Warnocks first choice RB though but had been playing LB because of injuries. 

I personally always felt Paterson should play as a targetman because his attacking strengths outweight his defensive ones. 

Wasnt aware of that

I know what you mean. I think he’s not perfect for any position but he has massive attributes 

warnock seems to be gettin* the best out of him anyway and good luck to him- he’s worked for it and deserves it

Edited by scott herbertson

Just watched the highlights on Channel 5, he was absolutely brilliant. Typically brave header for his goal and 2 fantastic crosses (one cross-shot admittedly) for his two assists. Warnock specifically mentions him in his post-match interview too, said no one deserved more praise than Paterson for the win. 

Glamorgan Jambo

Warnock knows how to get the best out of Dr Funk. Incidentally I saw him (Warnock) chatting to both Hastings brothers, Ieuan Evans and a goat (not kidding) outside the supermarket a few days ago.

Glad he's doing well , always thought he had a desire to get on the end of the ball . His two goals at Easter rd were superb, as were his  goal celebrations . 

Hearts will surely earn a few bob when he moves on .

2 hours ago, Locky said:

What’s the percentage we negotiated again? 15-20?

I don't think we negotiated anything, he was a free agent I think. It was inserted at his request as a thanks to Hearts IIRC 

They are raving about him on the Cardiff message boards. Some saying they'll do well to keep him from the clutches of bigger clubs in due course. Which is obviously great to hear from a Hearts perspective!  Given his age, his physique and the engine he has and no little ability too he could prove to the be the most successful youngster to come out of Tynecastle in a long long time.