The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

Yeah, great stuff!! First it was Paterson, then Nicholson and now Jamie in uniting this great support in hatred against our own.

Whos next?

You seem to get it tight on here BB and I often find it unfair, but this is brutal from you here mate. Using phrases like 'one of our own' to describe Jamie Walker is rendering any point you're making almost redundant.

I mean come on, one of our own? Jamie Walker? Aye good yin!

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seymour M Hersh

Yeah, great stuff!! First it was Paterson, then Nicholson and now Jamie in uniting this great support in hatred against our own.

Whos next?

I think the fans have every right to be completely pissed off with Walker's behaviour here. 

Bowmans_Boot

You seem to get it tight on here BB and I often find it unfair, but this is brutal from you here mate. Using phrases like 'one of our own' to describe Jamie Walker is rendering any point you're making almost redundant.

I mean come on, one of our own? Jamie Walker? Aye good yin!

A Hearts supporting player who has been with us his entire career: what the hell would make someone one of our own?

Nookie Bear

Not quite the point I was making, but hey ho :-)

Probably not but this episode is just the latest negative moment in a glorious 2017 for the club.

The end result is that we are down a very good player and he needs replaced, and not by some bloke plucked from the English Conference either.

better_call_saul

A Hearts supporting player who has been with us his entire career: what the hell would make someone one of our own?

Someone who puts the club before themselves...

Can you remember the Neil McCann transfer to the Old Rangers having this much nonsense? No. Walker has brought this on himself IMO, and good riddance.

The Old Tolbooth

He's 100% correct though.

Absolutely mate [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

William H. Bonney

I actually worry about Jamie's wellbeing judging by the ****ing bampots on here.

If he goes it gives me another reason to hate em so fair enough. Loyalty is a bygone thing in football now however there is a way to do things and JW aint done it. Players like Weir and Wilson have gone there but Wilson took a pay cut to stay with us when he could easily have f'd off. Might not be great players bit a wee bit more class than Walker. Hope his next shite is a hedghog

sairyinthat

English clubs can't make public any player they are interested in till their window opens,does not mean they can't make personal enquiries to other clubs.I think it is very likely that has already happened and the push by Rangers and undercover agents is because they feel any offer made will be trumped when the window for English clubs opens.imo

Paterson: I agree and was always fully supportive of him, just as I am being with Jamie.

It didnt stop our great support crucifying him, though. Or is that just forgotten about now we can joyously and gloriously unite in true hatred against another young player?

There's a massive difference between the actions of both players.  Any abuse Walker gets is completely justified. 

To be fair, "OOOO" is such a subjective phrase. What it means to me may wildly differ from what it means to you, so perhaps we'll just have to agree to differ. In my view, one of our own wouldnae take the ***** out of the club, and the fans, the way he's done.

Forgiven my ignorance, but would we be due compensation for Walker if he moves at the end of his contract, or is he too old by then?

His latest 'like' of another Rangers-related story makes me wonder if he's given his agent access to his Instagram account.  It all seems so very calculated, or so very thick-as-shit-in-the-neck-of-a-bottle.

Slimy Walker,

From the moment he changed his mind about the contract offer, including the deliberately getting sent off so not to play against Rangers (the old "show us you want to come to us" bullshit) he has been deliberately agitating to engineer or force-through what he thinks is his dream move. All with the collusion, prompting and cajoling of his agent who has previous.

Hearts have done what they can - what more than offering to make him the highest, most valued player at the club, can they do?

Now it comes down to whether Levein/Budge want to play hard ball to set a marker or capitulate for an amount from the huns that is far below any reasonable assessment of Walker's value. Even if another club comes in, who is to say Walker won't reject them out of hand now that his head has been turned?

I hate when players go west but equally if they do a Hartley and insist on all parties being looked after, I won't hate them for it.

If the club do decide to tell the huns to go forth and multiply with their pathetic offers, I trust they will set that marker and send Walker to train with the kids. I honestly believe a firm stance here would shock a few players out of their comfort zones.

One of our own wouldn't engineer a move a way dirty handed and disrespect the support and the club whilst doing so.  One of our own my arse - he's letting down thousands of the support who love (d) him. 

Probably not but this episode is just the latest negative moment in a glorious 2017 for the club.

The end result is that we are down a very good player and he needs replaced, and not by some bloke plucked from the English Conference either.

All very true Nookie, but it doesnae excuse the snakey behaviour of JW. The laddie's a wee rat. He's proven that this last few weeks.

That's nowt to do with where we might sign his replacement from now, is it?

Can't even be bothered getting into the argument re the truly braindead and sleekit Jamie Walker, he's made his bed and he'll need to lie in it. Celtic must be pishing themselves that he's the level Rangers are bringing in.

But please ffs will people stop comparing Pressley, a leader of men, cup winning captain and Hearts legend and someone who has more intelligence in his big toe than this wee bawbag. Walker was a standout in the Championship and has done well against the bottom 6 in th SPHell but it's like trying to find Wally when we face anyone of any quality or consequence.

Spot on.

Something has gone wrong with the Academy graduates. Of that there is no doubt. Where once we had Naysmith signing a new contract just so Everton would have to pay us a ?2m fee when he moved on, now they all want to leave on freebies...It could be that we just happen to have a bunch of total primadonna ingrates coming through the Academy or there is a problem that needs addressed. Perhaps these guys think they have given enough for the club by being there in the hard times, or perhaps there are agents whispering in their ears or perhaps they talk to each other, or perhaps the likes of Walker doesn't want to stay if his buddies are moving on? I don't know what the truth is but something has gone wrong, so let's just clear out all these disaffected guys, hope that Levein has identified and addressed any problem and start again.

Something has gone wrong with the Academy graduates. Of that there is no doubt. Where once we had Naysmith signing a new contract just so Everton would have to pay us a ?2m fee when he moved on, now they all want to leave on freebies...It could be that we just happen to have a bunch of total primadonna ingrates coming through the Academy or there is a problem that needs addressed. Perhaps these guys think they have given enough for the club by being there in the hard times, or perhaps there are agents whispering in their ears or perhaps they talk to each other, or perhaps the likes of Walker doesn't want to stay if his buddies are moving on? I don't know what the truth is but something has gone wrong, so let's just clear out all these disaffected guys, hope that Levein has identified and addressed any problem and start again.

Along with Naysmith there was Ritchie and Magic.  It's part and parcel of the game.  The way Levein is selling the club is sign for a few years, peform and move on to another level, you can't then expect the players to sign new deals and risk a move themselves.  Thankfully the development fee has come in to assist us. 

Fozzyonthefence

Of course Walker is being so fair and respectful to HMFC and their fans.

He's not being  disrespectful to Sevco though - that's all that BB cares about.

English clubs can't make public any player they are interested in till their window opens,does not mean they can't make personal enquiries to other clubs.I think it is very likely that has already happened and the push by Rangers and undercover agents is because they feel any offer made will be trumped when the window for English clubs opens.imo

How come Everton have signed a goalie and Man Utd a defender then? Burton have bid for Boyce and Cardiff Hayes, if there was English teams that want players they will bid now.  Walkers agent has probably made clear there is nowhere else he wants to go. 

Bowmans_Boot

He's not being disrespectful to Sevco though - that's all that BB cares about.

Try reading my posts rather than presuming what I am going to post.

Would sevco need to have Walker signed by June 19 UEFA registration to play in Europe?

I'm very much of the primadonna train of thought. Jamie Walker, and so many others like him, massively over estimate their worth / importance in the game.

Thinks he deserves more importance, thinks he deserves more money, thinks he deserves a big move, thinks he deserves to play on a bigger stage etc etc etc.

I suppose what this comes down to is greed. Plain and simple.

Even in the half season he could be bothered to play, his performances didn't exactly set the heather alight did they. Awol on numerous occasions, injury prone, etc etc - basically I beg to differ. I don't think he did anything this year worthy of ANY pay rise, whether it was ?20 pw, ?40 pw or ?400pw.

JW had the potential to hone his skills, and develop in to a very good player with Hearts. But as is the case with so many youngsters in this country, he battered in a few goals and immediately assumed he was the next Messi.

So Make Some Noise..

I'm not convinced that there's anything wrong with the acadamey as such. Unfortunately the game has changed and the loyalty that once was, has gone. Footballers now act like spoilt bairns more than ever and have social media to emphasise it all on. 

Internally, with regards to the graduates that were forced into first team football when we got relegated - it's a double edged sword. IMO, only one of them have really done the business and that's Paterson. He's come on leaps and bounds and is without doubt ready to move onto a bigger stage - and been honest with his intentions to do so. He's also rewarded the club with putting that clause into his contract.

The rest, Nicholson, McGhie, Brad Mackay, Holt & now Walker have let it all go to their heads expect to be first pick regardless of form (premadonas) and have or need to just p*ss off.

The latest photo of Walker on the motorway with Holt and the new Rangers signings is outrageously disrespectful and a clear indication into the boys attitude. Get him TF. 

Son Of Anarchy

His agent should be barred from tynie and all our youth players warned about dealing with the ****.

Sevcos red top PR machine should be reported.....nah they are untouchable. Sevco themselves should be.....nah untouchable too :( **** it, hang em all, slap JW and give us ?1m plus a player and we'll not take further action :)

I don't want us doing business with those hun ****s. 

If he ends up leaving on the expiration of his contract so be it, but it will be after a year stuck on the bench. See if the huns are still keen then.

He's done wrong by the supporters in how he's approached this. Its less about leaving the club and more about going to the huns, if it was about progress he'd try his hand down south.

HamishMcGonagall

Imagine we accepted bids from Rangers and another team n he chose to go to the other team! Ha! There'd be a fair few sheepish folk on here...

Things as they seem to be though, I've unfollowed him on Instagram. If that doesn't hurt him....

So Make Some Noise..

I don't want us doing business with those hun ****s. 

If he ends up leaving on the expiration of his contract so be it, but it will be after a year stuck on the bench. See if the huns are still keen then.

He's done wrong by the supporters in how he's approached this. Its less about leaving the club and more about going to the huns, if it was about progress he'd try his hand down south.

Not even tempted by a ?750,000 + sell on clause + O'halloran deal? I'd walk his suitcase along the M8 for something like that.

http://i4.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article6144258.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Screen-Shot-2015-07-26-at-213220.png

That's a photo that scot Allan's and also Jamie's agent the same guy, Leaked to press whilst trying to manufacture Allan's move to rangers

Hubs rebuffed the pressure and held steadfast for 1.5 mill from someone else . Hearts surely must do the same

Unfortunately we do not have as cosy a relationship with Celtic.

I've not paid attention to this for a few days and have to say I'm sad at the way things seem to be going. It's hard to put up any remotely credible defence of Jamie here. Get him out ASAP.

I've not paid attention to this for a few days and have to say I'm sad at the way things seem to be going. It's hard to put up any remotely credible defence of Jamie here. Get him out ASAP.

True but, there's hardly a queue of other clubs trying to outbid the Huns. If it's them or nothing do we sell cheaply or let him rot in the under 20s with big Osh for a season?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Someone who acted with a little dignity, self respect and a some respect for his fellow Hearts fans. Jamie Walker wants to move on, fair enough but he doesn't have to act like an arsehole and by that I am referring to all the social media pish.

Someone who acted with a little dignity, self respect and a some respect for his fellow Hearts fans. Jamie Walker wants to move on, fair enough but he doesn't have to act like an arsehole and by that I am referring to all the social media pish.

Your so good at calling Jamie Walker names when you don't know the full story. If all our fans acted like you mouthing off at players who wanted to move on our credibility as a club would be zero. Try finding out the truth from tbe source before believing biased reporting from ill informed sources.

Don't see them getting it

Interesting though that the club have set out their position, so Sevco either coughs up ?1m or Walker doesn't go there, at least not for the remainder of his contract.  Looks as though the club is taking the hard stance that we (well, most of us) want to see.

Haken, on 15 Jun 2017 - 1:43 PM, said:

Interesting though that the club have set out their position, so Sevco either coughs up ?1m or Walker doesn't go there, at least not for the remainder of his contract.  Looks as though the club is taking the hard stance that we (well, most of us) want to see.

yep but is that ?1 mill  with or without add ons

Your so good at calling Jamie Walker names when you don't know the full story. If all our fans acted like you mouthing off at players who wanted to move on our credibility as a club would be zero. Try finding out the truth from tbe source before believing biased reporting from ill informed sources.

What are these ill informed sources that you are talking about?

The Treasurer

Much better to follow your lead and mouth off about a management team that are working hard at turning our fortunes around

What have you found out and whats your source then?

Quite strange that none of the folk leaping to Walkers defence are willing to name their sources..... In fact, no, its actually not strange at all, its completely predictable.

Good on the club. Were financially not desperate to sell him so rangers can't get away with what they have in the past and and get him on the cheap.  The good thing is Hearts know rangers are skint and can't afford him but by doing this we alert other teams that he is available for ?1M which is pennies to most clubs outside of Scotland.

So Make Some Noise..

Sorry mate, this is pure pish.

Regardless of what the 'full story' is. He's acting like a t*t. If he's your pal, pal's pal, nephew, son, brother-in law etc. then please tell him so. Instragrams of 'sometimes change is needed' and photos with 4 rangers players right slap bang in the middle of speculation over him moving there is very unprofessional and quite frankly,  a total disgrace. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

How do we know other clubs haven't put a bid in? His agent might be putting the word out that under no uncertain circumstance would he sign for anyone other than Rangers.

bajthejambo

He's just posted a picture of Ronaldo giving it the shhhh gesture.

With the the comment - "Sometimes the best answer it's to be quiet"

The man is clearly not very bright. He's hardly been quiet on the situation. I just want him gone now. I don't want him anywhere near the squad tomorrow. If he does rock up to Riccraton, then I hope they take his number 7 shirt off him and make him train with the kids.

Nookie Bear

I'm very much of the primadonna train of thought. Jamie Walker, and so many others like him, massively over estimate their worth / importance in the game.

Thinks he deserves more importance, thinks he deserves more money, thinks he deserves a big move, thinks he deserves to play on a bigger stage etc etc etc.

I suppose what this comes down to is greed. Plain and simple.

Even in the half season he could be bothered to play, his performances didn't exactly set the heather alight did they. Awol on numerous occasions, injury prone, etc etc - basically I beg to differ. I don't think he did anything this year worthy of ANY pay rise, whether it was ?20 pw, ?40 pw or ?400pw.

JW had the potential to hone his skills, and develop in to a very good player with Hearts. But as is the case with so many youngsters in this country, he battered in a few goals and immediately assumed he was the next Messi.

Fans voted him Player of the Year which shows how much we know.

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived