The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

Just heard he wants to go down south.

If true then he goes with my best wishes. I will never respect any Hearts player that tries to wrangle a move to the hun. At least if he goes down south he is testing himself and not strengthening a competitor.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've handled this poorly as a club and Walker hasn't been any better.

Berra is in my cool book but aside form him, I'm starting to wonder if there's a single other player at Hearts I like. Worst squad ever.

How have we handled it and what should we have done?

That whole article wouldn't be out of place on an RFC forum or in a fanzine.

which is pretty much where it is.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

?600,000 bid from Rangers rejected

Source EEN

We should make a counter offer of ?600k plus Lee Wallace.

Son Of Anarchy

Sevco don't change. ******* detest them. We want ?1m. How about just over half that? No nothing under ?1m. So ?600k then? **** of ya scummy zombie weedgie *****. Ok, be back tomorrow with another nowhere near your figure offer.

Bowmans_Boot

I hope the club haven't actually put a figure of ?1m out there as a fixed figure particularly if teams in England are interested....

We publicly stated that we would accept ?1M so that's that.

Seymour M Hersh

You didnt agree with me slating Rangers and saying they should be hammered for tapping up our player?!?! I am surprised....

You didn't see the smilie at the end of the sentence? I'm not so surprised. 

Bowmans_Boot, on 16 Jun 2017 - 3:31 PM, said:

We publicly stated that we would accept ?1M so that's that.

What made ya change your Avatar?

Bowmans_Boot

Really?  We have made it impossible for Jamie to remain if we are unable to accept a deal from any club, so we are pretty much bound to selling: for ?1M maximum. Had we not issued the first statement slating him then we may have been able to keep him for the year.

Personally, I think ?1M is a low figure to quote as what we will accept. Generally speaking clubs talk up their "minimum acceptable price" and an agreement is met a little lower than that, so we are probably waiting for a ?750,000 bid, or something in that region. For me, that is incredibly low for a player of Jamie's ability.

Bowmans_Boot

You didn't see the smilie at the end of the sentence? I'm not so surprised. 

I was joking when I typed that, although I realise it didn't come over that way! I was on my phone and couldn't do smilies.... :) 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Shouldn't have made it so clear that he was unhappy or for sale. Clubs will mess about with low bids now and we can't possibly hang onto him

Think we will take 700k with add-ons taking it to a possible mill

Looks likely. Maybe a player to make up the million value...

Only difficulty being Rangers higher wages....

Put it like that, and considering how much hibs are getting for a player yet to score in the top division, or the rumours of ?5m for Jackson Irvine at Burton, I have to wonder if we are underselling ourselves a bit.

The fact that Rangers think they can get him for less than half of the Cummings fee says it all. What would Rangers be asking for if he was already their player? Not less than a million, that's for sure.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Really? We have made it impossible for Jamie to remain if we are unable to accept a deal from any club, so we are pretty much bound to selling: for ?1M maximum. Had we not issued the first statement slating him then we may have been able to keep him for the year.

Personally, I think ?1M is a low figure to quote as what we will accept. Generally speaking clubs talk up their "minimum acceptable price" and an agreement is met a little lower than that, so we are probably waiting for a ?750,000 bid, or something in that region. For me, that is incredibly low for a player of Jamie's ability.

His ability has less to do with it than the length of time remaining on his contract. The club doesn't exactly hold many aces here since he can sign a pre-contract in January.

Holyrood_Hearts

?600,000 bid knocked back according to Banderson on Twitter

Rangers can **** off. They know the asking price. Just pay that then Jamie can GTF to Ibrox.

Jamie can do better than Rangers,Real Madrid might need a replacement for Ronald.

Is that Ronald who makes the tea...... :)

Really?  We have made it impossible for Jamie to remain if we are unable to accept a deal from any club, so we are pretty much bound to selling: for ?1M maximum. Had we not issued the first statement slating him then we may have been able to keep him for the year.

Where have you read that it will be ?1m maximum?  Read what Cathro has said. Players of his quality can bring up to ?3m so no chance of selling for less than seven figures.

So, they haven't gone away then. If we get ?1m, I'd be impressed/surprised. I kinda expect that we'll accept the next offer from Greyskull.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Can you not block nuisance calls any longer. They were told the price and bid 40% less.

Peasants

Glamorgan Jambo

For a club that's not going to pay what we want for Walker they aren't half coming back with a lot of bids. Lets see what they get for McKay first before judging,

Holyrood_Hearts

Really? We have made it impossible for Jamie to remain if we are unable to accept a deal from any club, so we are pretty much bound to selling: for ?1M maximum. Had we not issued the first statement slating him then we may have been able to keep him for the year.

The club haven't made it impossible. Jamie & his family have done this. They created this situation.

When did the club state that they wanted ?1m? I've seen it suggested by journos but then some of them already have Jamie in the Rangers team...

Five to One

The Rangers Tribute Act are a bit like the guy on eBay who offers half the listed price for your lawnmower. You explain that it's brand new, couldn't possibly sell for less than xxxx, and you don't desperately need the money. So he slaps a fiver on the original offer in the vain hope you'll say yes. Desperate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nookie Bear

Yep, we should be looking for double that, based on what other players are going for.

Player is desperate to go to one club and one club only. Sad

Sevco have unsettled the player but aren't willing / able to pay the sum the club have intimated we're looking for. Offer 500k and we respond by stating we're looking for 1m. They respond by increasing to 600k.

This is going to be painful. Suspect a player might be offered but wages will probably preclude such a likelihood

Oi

Masonic bigot lodge mutants

ONE MILLION POUNDS STERLING!!!!!

or

GTF!

Think we will take 700k with add-ons taking it to a possible mill

With Jamie's knees I wouldn't hi for add ins because they likely won't happen. I'd take ?700k and either O'Halloran or McKay.

Five to One

Player is desperate to go to one club and one club only. Sad

Sevco have unsettled the player but aren't willing / able to pay the sum the club have intimated we're looking for. Offer 500k and we respond by stating we're looking for 1m. They respond by increasing to 600k.

This is going to be painful. Suspect a player might be offered but wages will probably preclude such a likelihood

Selling on the cheap would make us look weak and sets the bar for other fees for other players at the club. It'll be more costly in the long run. Be raging if we take less than 1m. In my opinion, he's worth a bit more when looking at other prices flying around. Letting him rot in the reserves would be a statement not to mess even if he signs a precontract in January.

Rangers are employing the old tactic of bidding low in the hope that slightly improved offers suddenly appear attractive. They're probably budgeting for around 750k and will no doubt say that it's their final offer. We need to stand firm and say no to anything below 1m.

I'd take ?700K and O'Halloran on the proviso that they paid up at least part of his contract with them so that we'd find it easier to agree terms with him.

Five to One

As an aside where are Sevco getting the money from.

Dave King's tax fund.

marshallschunkychicken

As an aside where are Sevco getting the money from.

I'd suggest they're blowing the season ticket cash, in the hope they get a decent run in Europe and some cash from that.

Unfortunately Fortunately we do not have as cosy a relationship with Celtic.

FTFY.

What annoys me is that bluenose mouthpiece Richard Wilson, already has Jamie in the Sevco team for next season.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40274993

I hope the club have seen this and ban that hun ******* Wilson from Tynecastle. Simple as that. 

Utterly disgraceful "journalism". 

Bowmans_Boot

When did the club state that they wanted ?1m? I've seen it suggested by journos but then some of them already have Jamie in the Rangers team...

Yeah, I thought I had read that but maybe picked up the journalists spiel rather than an actual figure.

I would have liked us to state a figure around ?2M, though, to then bargain down to ?1.5ish.

For me its either down south or spend the next year on the bench training by himelf. Send a clear message we will not supply the hun with players. 

See if Jamie is still an attractive option a year older with zero competitive football. Doubtful.

Bowmans_Boot

I'd take ?700K and O'Halloran on the proviso that they paid up at least part of his contract with them so that we'd find it easier to agree terms with him.

I dont think O'Halloran is anywhere remotely close to Jamie in terms of ability, end product and potential, so that is a bad deal for us.

Plus the transfer fee would just go straight to the new stand rather than the team.

Bowmans_Boot

For me its either down south or spend the next year on the bench training by himelf. Send a clear message we will not supply the hun with players.

See if Jamie is still an attractive option a year older with zero competitive football. Doubtful.

What sort of message would that send out to players we try to sign? Particularly given that our main selling point is, "do well for us and you will get a good move".

What sort of message would that send out to players we try to sign? Particularly given that our main selling point is, "do well for us and you will get a good move".

The message it would send is we are not going to sell to rival clubs on the cheap.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

As much as it does for our strength in the market.

Got to stay strong but between a rock and a hard place

Bowmans_Boot

The message it would send is we are not going to sell to rival clubs on the cheap.

No, the post was either down South or a year out. So we will tell all prospective signings that if they do incredibly well and Celtic/Rangers want to sign them then tough, we wont sell.

If Jamie has to leave then I want him to go to a club outside of Scotland, fully agreed, by the way.

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived