kila

The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

Rudy T

Sevco lied and misled Jamie. No surprise in that at all. They, Rangers, both versions, are despicable welts.

Nothing much has changed. They still use the media to do all their tapping up for them. Quick call to their wee lap dug Keith Jackson and it's all over the paper.

socrates82

Walker said agent can speak to whoever he wants about his clients and it's not tapping up. When a player is offered a new contract and he asks his agent if there's interested clubs with better offers how do you think they get the information?

That is tapping up! He is employed by the player.

socrates82

Not all that 'closet', either.  There's an awfy lot of anti-Hearts types on what's supposed to be a Hearts forum.

It does feel like an anti-Hearts forum a lot of the time. You'd expect to have to defend your club on other teams' forums, but not your own

Jammy T

Levein will call out clowns and charlatans that'a for sure.

Looking forward to this second coming now

;)

karipidis

maroonnicky63

Should he not have been playing his heart out for the last eight months as well ?

BTW what team did you play for ?

Is that how you became a football agent ?

eight months ???????? what have you be watching , football agent , ok then

maroonnicky63

We all know agents are employed by players to get the best deal for them and that will undoubtedly mean speaking to other clubs, but as someone already said the blatant manner this was done was out of order with no regard for a club he supposedly has an affinity for.

As for your comment regarding playing his heart out if picked your clearly a friend or family member as he's not played his heart out for a very long time.

Don't see the point in giving a player game time that has no commitment past January to our club.

And Grow up ???? Seriously

seriously ? '' yes'' Family member no , if I was I would come no where near a place like this where some fans just slate for the sake of it. Jamie may not have been playing at his best but there maybe other reason behind it that we don't know about. I said at the time it was madness to keep him against his will we should have took the money and moved on 500k or more for a club like Hearts who need the money was bonkers

Des Lynam

seriously ? '' yes'' Family member no , if I was I would come no where near a place like this where some fans just slate for the sake of it. Jamie may not have been playing at his best but there maybe other reason behind it that we don't know about. I said at the time it was madness to keep him against his will we should have took the money and moved on 500k or more for a club like Hearts who need the money was bonkers

Against his will :rofl:

On 3/4k a week :rofl:

I'm willing to be a hostage Hearts

kingantti1874

Not madness.. Now our players, Rangers and every other club trying to buy our players will know that when we quote a price.. We mean it.. Pay up or **** off..

Long term.. It's the correct call..

Deevers

Against his will? He's a player contracted to Hearts until the end of this season. A contract he signed and is getting paid good money to perform and act properly for. He needs to get his head round the fact that he's been shafted by Sevco who obviously don't rate him as highly as Hearts do. He and his agent backed him I into this corner. I hope he wakens up and smells the coffee. He needs to start performing at the level we know he can while he is on our books and picking up a wage here. What he does after his contract finishes quite frankly does not interest me one bit now. That's entirely up to him.

stevie1874

Not slating JW for the sake of it, just think we should not play a player who has no interest in playing for our club as us supporters are basically paying him a wage. I'm also glad Hearts didn't just fold to Rangers and hand them a player we've developed into a good player for less than market value. But when he eventually gets away from being kept against his will you can toddle off over to Bears Den and see how they react if he doesn't come up to scratch.

Escobar PHM

Not slating JW for the sake of it, just think we should not play a player who has no interest in playing for our club as us supporters are basically paying him a wage. I'm also glad Hearts didn't just fold to Rangers and hand them a player we've developed into a good player for less than market value. But when he eventually gets away from being kept against his will you can toddle off over to Bears Den and see how they react if he doesn't come up to scratch.

So, not only are you happy for us to pass up on a fee for him (this player who doesnt want to be here but has publicly said no such thing) in fact you think its a great show of strength which will stand us in good stead for many years to come, you want him to sit in the stand for 3/4k a week for a year (another ?170k or so wasted). Bit of a pricey way to prove a point isn't it ?

You want to keep this very good player but you don't want him to play. All due respect but that's utter stupidity and luckily Craig Levein doesn't have that level of stupidity and will be desperate for Walker to play and make an impact.

Anyway its a moot point, Jamie Walker, our best player last season by a distance, will be playing this year and very probably he'll be our best player this year, despite those who want him severely punished for what amounts to little more than him looking after his future career, as have many previous very good Hearts players.

Edited by Escobar PHM

deejtee

So, not only are you happy for us to pass up on a fee for him (this player who doesnt want to be here but has publicly said no such thing) in fact you think its a great show of strength which will stand us in good stead for many years to come, you want him to sit in the stand for 3/4k a week for a year (another ?170k or so wasted). Bit of a pricey way to prove a point isn't it ?

You want to keep this very good player but you don't want him to play. All due respect but that's utter stupidity and luckily Craig Levein doesn't have that level of stupidity and will be desperate for Walker to play and make an impact.

Anyway its a moot point, Jamie Walker, our best player last season by a distance, will be playing this year and very probably he'll be our best player this year, despite those who want him severely punished for what amounts to little more than him looking after his future career, as have many previous very good Hearts players.

Agree completely. Season starts tomorrow for certain people including Walker and Levein. They all have to earn their wages and try to turn things around working together.

stevie1874

So, not only are you happy for us to pass up on a fee for him (this player who doesnt want to be here but has publicly said no such thing)

I was responding to a poster who stated he is being kept against his will.

in fact you think its a great show of strength which will stand us in good stead for many years to come, you want him to sit in the stand for 3/4k a week for a year (another ?170k or so wasted). Bit of a pricey way to prove a point isn't it ?

You must be happy selling our players to a rival club for well under the market value on the never never, my opinion differs from yourself.

You want to keep this very good player but you don't want him to play.

I said we developed him into a good ( not very good) player.

All due respect but that's utter stupidity and luckily Craig Levein doesn't have that level of stupidity and will be desperate for Walker to play and make an impact.

Everybody has their own opinions but unlike yourself I've no interest in watching a player who seemed to go missing for a large part of last season after he renaged on the contract Hearts offered him, ( the same applies to Djoum) . I would be delighted to see Walker sign an extension with a release clause, knuckle down and get back to playing like we all know he can. Then if a club offer the market value for him I'd wish him all the best.

The club is bigger than any player and hope that if he does play he performs.

lewis2006

Never want to see the wee rat in a Hearts jersey again.

He's well and truly nailed his colours to the mask.

Would much rather see a youngster given a chance now.

ford donald

He will need to give 100% every game for Hearts,or he will be sitting it out.We want players who are hungry for success.

I am sure Levein, will not tolerate anything less.

Jocam2325

Mask?

The Treasurer

So if sevco had offered only ?50k would it still be "madness to keep him against his will"

Sevco wanted to buy, they were quoted a fair price, for whatever reason they chose not to meet that price.

Lovecraft

So if sevco had offered only ?50k would it still be "madness to keep him against his will"

Sevco wanted to buy, they were quoted a fair price, for whatever reason they chose not to meet that price.

Indeed.

We are a selling club and always will be.

But, If we start selling our assets below what we currently value them at.  We will always be seen as a soft touch.  

Fast forward 2 years.  Let's say Brandon or Cochrane come on tons, and are looking like great players.  They only have one year left on their contracts and are getting interest from other teams.  We say 2m if you want to buy them.   Why would anyone take our statement seriously?

Now everyone knows if we say X amount, we mean X amount, or very close to it.

Basic business dealings ffs.

Let's see you go into Richer Sounds and try and get a ?1500 TV for ?100.  They would quite rightly tell you to **** off.

Edited by Lovecraft

maroonnicky63

they didn't offer 50k, Jamie is in the last year of his contract if he goes he goes for nothing and to me that doesn't make sense, I don't want him to go to Rangers I would rather he moves down south he is to good for Rangers IMO

Escobar PHM

You only have to consider one thing.

Is this player worth keeping at ?3/4k per week, or is he a busted flush who will be disruptive at worst and a waste of a wage at best and we'll get him off the wage bill and get a fee. If Sevco offered even ?50k and we seriously thought that Walker would be sitting in the stand all season on ?3/4k a week, FINANCIAL good sense dictates we should have taken it.

Of course you are speaking hypothetically about ?50k and it appears we were offered 10 times that.If he's an empty jersey now we should have taken it irrespective what we thought he was worth, because what we think he is worth is actually meaningless and clearly wrong if no-ones paying it

Edited by Escobar PHM

Escobar PHM

Indeed.

We are a selling club and always will be.

But, If we start selling our assets below what we currently value them at.  We will always be seen as a soft touch.  

Sorry but that's nonsense. Our 'assets' are worth what someone is willing to pay for them. What we think they are worth is irrelevant.

maroonnicky63

You are like so many on here. If Jamie turns it around you will be on here saying how wonderful he is .He has been badly advised thats all he will come good

maroonnicky63

Sorry but that's nonsense. Our 'assets' are worth what someone is willing to pay for them. What we think they are worth is irrelevant.

woe never thought I would agree with you but spot on

Escobar PHM

woe never thought I would agree with you but spot on

Oh great. Ive been waiting months for you to agree with me :rolleyes5: That's that box finally ticked. Just Everest and the 3some with Kylie to go

Edited by Escobar PHM

kingantti1874

The price we value him at will dictate whether he is sold or not. We obviously determined that the bid was below what he can offer to us this season.. For example if we thought he could help us achieve a higher league position or a cup run then this has monetary value..

There is also a principle which needs set.. In that we will hopefully not have to deal with ridiculous bids in future..

Edited by kingantti1874

maroonnicky63

oh my god are you serious with that quote ''us supporters are basically paying him a wage'' Every player in the UK HATES THIS STUPID QUOTE.You don't pay a players wage at all

Escobar PHM

The price we value him at will dictate whether he is sold or not

Precisely.

When your selling something you want to sell, you put a price on it. That's perfectly fair. If it doesn't sell you either have to re-evaluate your price or you keep it if its worth keeping.

We've obviously decided he is worth keeping. I imagine that means we think he will play a decent part for the next year. If we don't think that's happening, we've been utterly foolish. I don't believe for a minute we've decided to keep him and sit him in the stand.

Edited by Escobar PHM

Jammy T

This is partly true but JW and his agent engineered a situation whereby they restricted the "market" for Jamie Walker to one club. Thus they took competition as regards market value out of the equation. Therefore JW didn't really have a market value. He had a value that was dictated by the single club that he was prepared to move to.

His value then becomes a two layered process. The club value him at ?1m but Sevco are only prepared to pay ?500k. At this point the club has to ask itself, do we get more value out of JW staying at Hearts for a season than selling him to a rival club at half of what we think a fair value in a competitive market would be.

It is not therefore irrelevant what Hearts think a player is worth as, as an asset, part of a player's value is what he brings to the team.

On form, JW could be win a cup final and/or get us one or two places higher up the league - there is value in that.

Des Lynam

they didn't offer 50k, Jamie is in the last year of his contract if he goes he goes for nothing and to me that doesn't make sense, I don't want him to go to Rangers I would rather he moves down south he is to good for Rangers IMO

Have the red cross been in to see him?

Pray for Jamie.

#freewalker

Escobar PHM

This is partly true but JW and his agent engineered a situation whereby they restricted the "market" for Jamie Walker to one club. Thus they took competition as regards market value out of the equation. Therefore JW didn't really have a market value. He had a value that was dictated by the single club that he was prepared to move to.

His value then becomes a two layered process. The club value him at ?1m but Sevco are only prepared to pay ?500k. At this point the club has to ask itself, do we get more value out of JW staying at Hearts for a season than selling him to a rival club at half of what we think a fair value in a competitive market would be.

It is not therefore irrelevant what Hearts think a player is worth as, as an asset, part of a player's value is what he brings to the team.

On form, JW could be win a cup final and/or get us one or two places higher up the league - there is value in that.

I think we can all pretty much agree that Walkers agent is an erse and Jamie isn't the brightest lad so had to trust him.

stevie1874

oh my god are you serious with that quote ''us supporters are basically paying him a wage'' Every player in the UK HATES THIS STUPID QUOTE.You don't pay a players wage at all

Your a bit touchy on this thread you seem to take everything personal. Player perhaps?

Sorry I'll put it a different way so you understand. Hearts pay his wages and most of Hearts money is generated by supporters. Hope it clears that up.

Robbo-Jambo

Why not just let him get on with his football and see how it goes.

He is our player and if he plays the way he can he will be a huge asset to the team.

If he doesn't Levein will simply not play him.

Bored rigid with all the sevco chat now, season has started lets get behind all players that step onto the pitch in a maroon jersey including Jamie Walker.

maroonnicky63

Your a bit touchy on this thread you seem to take everything personal. Player perhaps?

Sorry I'll put it a different way so you understand. Hearts pay his wages and most of Hearts money is generated by supporters. Hope it clears that up.

Well it's no secret I am an ex player so don't get your point but still a hearts supporter and season ticket holder for many years but you explained it better that time

LeftBack

Who did we tap up? Perry kitchen?

stevie1874

Well it's no secret I am an ex player so don't get your point but still a hearts supporter and season ticket holder for many years but you explained it better that time

Ive never really noticed that you are an ex player but let's hope that JW knuckles down and get on with what he does best as someone else pointed out on another thread there's an ex player, Internationalist who once famously called some players wage thiefs.

And he happens to be Hearts manager.

Des Lynam

Who are you?

Jodami

Who are you?

Ooh, Ooh,

Ooh, Ooh,

I really wanna know...

Des Lynam

Ooh, Ooh,

Ooh, Ooh,

I really wanna know...

:rofl:

maroonnicky63

Ooh, Ooh,

Ooh, Ooh,

I really wanna know...

Ooh, Ooh,

Ooh, Ooh,

I really wanna know...

be careful mate that could be taken the wrong way all that ooh oohing

maroonnicky63

Who are you?

who are you ?

Des Lynam

be careful mate that could be taken the wrong way all that ooh oohing

:what:

Des Lynam

who are you ?

Mr Des Lynam. I was fairly popular on the TV in the 80's and 90's.

You go......

maroonnicky63

:what:

pardon

maroonnicky63

You go......

You go......

You go......

ahh good old Des

Des Lynam

ahh good old Des

How you doing flipper?

maroonnicky63

How you doing flipper?

oh you know ducking and diving , have you had the rat under your nose trimmed you can't see your lips move now ?

The Treasurer

You only have to consider one thing.

Is this player worth keeping at ?3/4k per week, or is he a busted flush who will be disruptive at worst and a waste of a wage at best and we'll get him off the wage bill and get a fee. If Sevco offered even ?50k and we seriously thought that Walker would be sitting in the stand all season on ?3/4k a week, FINANCIAL good sense dictates we should have taken it.

Of course you are speaking hypothetically about ?50k and it appears we were offered 10 times that.If he's an empty jersey now we should have taken it irrespective what we thought he was worth, because what we think he is worth is actually meaningless and clearly wrong if no-ones paying it

No offense, but you and others that are saying "anything is better than nothing" are totally missing the point.

If we gave in this time and accepted an offer way below our valuation, regardless of whether the player doesn't perform and then leaves at the end of his contract, it would mean in the future no-one would take us seriously as a selling club. They would just make a token offer, knowing that we we'd bend over and accept whatever crumbs they chuck at us.

If this means we've missed out on a few quid this time(don't forget they were offering it in instalments) then so be it.

OTT

No offense, but you and others that are saying "anything is better than nothing" are totally missing the point.

If we gave in this time and accepted an offer way below our valuation, regardless of whether the player doesn't perform and then leaves at the end of his contract, it would mean in the future no-one would take us seriously as a selling club. They would just make a token offer, knowing that we we'd bend over and accept whatever crumbs they chuck at us.

If this means we've missed out on a few quid this time(don't forget they were offering it in instalments) then so be it.

Its ridiculous folk aren't getting this. Short termism at its worst.

Bozi

Have the red cross been in to see him?

Pray for Jamie.

#freewalker

Hearts are holding him against his will, holding him hostage,etc... Well in that case maybe our plan is for him to get Stockholm syndrome and reidentify himself as a Jambo

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk