The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

I would maybe take that Hodson, don't think he's looked that bad, and especially if the Man City boy isn't going to be playing anytime soon. Just hope it's all over soon either way.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is embarrassing trying to find rangers players we might want to take. It's like rummagging in the old HMV bargain bin hoping to find a gem that's worth buying.

Wallace, ohalloran or Dorrans are the only rangers players worth anything to us.

Rudolf's Mate

No because literally noone did that. Holt couldn't get into our championship side regularly and chose to reject a new contract.

Tbf quite a few wanted to keep as they believed there was a player in there. Taking him back is a different matter though. People were far from going nuts though.

If genuinely take the money. 500k.

Self important rats like him are better away from the club. Hopefully he has a thoroughly miserable career at Rangers.

What's the point in getting rid of a winger to bring in a central midfielder. We need wingers especially if Walker goes.

...a bit disco

"Aye, bring ma pal Jamie here. Luvs the 'Gers! No goin tae Hertz though...!"

:lol:

Hun fun in the sun. Together.

Djoum is shite and has been for months. The sooner he is gone the better

I've been hearing this on here all over the place and while it was certainly true last season, the two league games I've seen him this season (Killie & Motherwell) he's been pretty decent. Is it not possible that he was just pony under Cathro, like so many others, as nobody knew what they were supposed to be doing. A different manager could see him back to his best which is easily good enough for us.

iwasthere1954

In January we could lose him for free anyway, and he clearly doesn't want to be here so let's cash in on him while we can.

Maybe so. However, signing a pre-contract only allows him to start playing for them next season.

Looking at the Rangers squad there is pretty much nobody that I would welcome that would be a realistic target in an exchange deal.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

A certain poster who seems close to Holt & Walker would sort these rumours out, but he's posted missing at the moment. Strange because he's always nad a lot of info re Holt.

Everybody Loves Baz!

Don't budge from our initial valuation. If we do we'll look weak.

Send him to Riccarton to train by himself, why should we keep him 'sharp' so he can move next season?

And I mean next season, not January. Sends a message out to players already here not to **** with us.

Little ill advised judas prick that he is.

Greedy_Jambo

Doubt there would be enough time to get a replacement in with the money we received anyway. 

Probably best just holding on to him. 

Don't budge from our initial valuation. If we do we'll look weak.

Send him to Riccarton to train by himself, why should we keep him 'sharp' so he can move next season?

And I mean next season, not January. Sends a message out to players already here not to **** with us.

Little ill advised judas prick that he is.

The club has already budged.

ohallaran is the only player i would take. unfortunately he is away on loan so its a no goer. 800k would be my limit. if they dont pay he can sit out the remainder on his contract with the youth team important to send a message we wont be held to ransom by anyone

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I've been hearing this on here all over the place and while it was certainly true last season, the two league games I've seen him this season (Killie & Motherwell) he's been pretty decent. Is it not possible that he was just pony under Cathro, like so many others, as nobody knew what they were supposed to be doing. A different manager could see him back to his best which is easily good enough for us.

I think some of the posters on here, having a go at Djoum, because he disappeared after his return from African Nations, were only old enough to go online/attend games from the beginning of this year.  He was more than decent up until that.

He has picked up since Cathro disappeared and I think you're right that we'll see more from him under Levein.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Doubt there would be enough time to get a replacement in with the money we received anyway.

Probably best just holding on to him.

The replacement is talking to us today

Henry's perm

?1 million or no deal. Hearts should seek a sell on clause and add ons when he inevitably gets the international call ups that all old firm scots get.if they really want him they'll pay. They wouldn't think twice about spending big on foreign imports, but still try and rip off their competitors...some things never change.

I used to love this guy, no one bigger than hearts tho.

Give Walker hasn't done anything of note since February, we should take ?500k and run. Let him enjoy warming the bench at Rangers. Not a hope we'll get a penny more than half a million

The Internet

Really is quite hard to find any Rangers players I'd actually want to swap :lol: Holt wouldn't be too bad I think if we were getting like ?700k to along with him. Failing that a couple of their youngsters like Barjonas or Hardie would be ok.

Clerry Jambo

Really is quite hard to find any Rangers players I'd actually want to swap :lol: Holt wouldn't be too bad I think if we were getting like ?700k to along with him. Failing that a couple of their youngsters like Barjonas or Hardie would be ok.

Don't think we will be offered more than 600K and that's without any other player involved

Greedy_Jambo

The replacement is talking to us today

Milinkovic?

We'l be signing him regardless though. May as well have him and Walker. 

The worst thing about a deal (if one is done) is that the fee will be undisclosed. Then there will dozens of pages of speculation about how much we actually got. No-one will shed any light on that of course, but lots will be furious just the same.

Think the ship has sailed for Jamie on this one.

We should play hardball

There is absolutely no assurity that rangers will want a unfit Jamie Walker, who hasn't played, next year.

Greedy_Jambo

I've got a feeling Jamie's attitude will change once the window shuts as well. He'll not want to spend a year training with the youngsters. 

I think some of the posters on here, having a go at Djoum, because he disappeared after his return from African Nations, were only old enough to go online/attend games from the beginning of this year. He was more than decent up until that.

He has picked up since Cathro disappeared and I think you're right that we'll see more from him under Levein.

He wasn't playing well before he went to the AFCON. I was at the Killie game and didn't think he was great and I can't comment on Motherwell but he constantly talks about leaving when the fact of the matter is nobody else will take him.

If he can get back to the form he was in when he was playing for a long term contract then maybe that would change my mind but until then he wouldn't be in my side.

Anyway back to Walker I would take ?700,000 with no Rangers rejects and try and get 2 more in with the money

Winston Ingram

Holt isn't happening. No idea where that has come from.

Think about this logically.. we give a player away for (next to) nothing then suddenly deem him a makeweight for a ?1m deal to the tune of several hundred thousand pounds?! After he has done nothing whatsoever to suggest improvement. It would be one of the strangest decisions ever.

I've been a huge advocate for the sale of Walker and hope that it still goes ahead, freeing up a wage and hopefully some funds to add a player who actually wants to wear maroon. But I will be massively underwhelmed if Holt is any part of the deal. He is of a level we should be trying to get out of our squad not adding yet another mediocre, slow player. Wasn't good enough for the SPL when last with us and won't improve us now.

Fairly certain that Wilson can play left back.

He can certainly play there but he's far too slow to be effective.

Show me where please.

They are in negotiations when before it was ?1m or gtf. All reports suggest the club went back to the table with this as per clerrys post.

No thanks to Holt ,Wilson or any other sevco duds.. !

Cash.. all of it upfront.. or no deal

If we get anything near a million , we go for cadden 500k

Everybody Loves Baz!

They are in negotiations when before it was ?1m or gtf. All reports suggest the club went back to the table with this as per clerrys post.

So we've went back and started negotiations with the Huns?

Can't ever remember seeing that.

All I've ever read is Hearts turning down each ludicrous offer that's came in.

So again, show me where we're backing down to Rangers 2.0 please.

Edit. And another thing, you said "they are in negotiations"

Surely you mean we? As in Hearts?

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived