The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

Poor centre half...even worse left back

He played well at LB for us. Thought he was better there than CB.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could offer me ?500k plus all three of Bates, Dodoo and Holt and I'd still turn it down. 

EH?  Dont get it.  Catholic referee for what?

always better with a Jehovah's witness...good at witnessing... :)

Take the ?500k, **** the swaps. Their players are shite.

Walker doesn't want to be here so I'll take all the cash we can get.

Take the ?500k, **** the swaps. Their players are shite.

Walker doesn't want to be here so I'll take all the cash we can get.

600k surely? Their previous offer. Still too low. I agree, effectively paying 100 grand for someone like Holt would be madness. It would have to be an increased cash offer plus a player for us to talk.

Holt wasnt good enough last time he was here and now isnt good enough for rangers. This would be an appaling deal

ToadKiller Dog

Holt won't improve our midfield a filler role until we can get something better at best. Nothing stands out from his time as an Orc.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Ah ok.  I can think of a certain Catholic referee i would rather not have though.  Yeah it is not too bad apart from the weather.  Nice place to live. 

Only place that I come back to Aberdeen for a heat though! Nice place and people

To take a player in part exchange that isn't going to improve is not good business as we'd be replacing one wage with another that we don't really want/need.

I don't think any of the names mentioned would improve us and Levein is no mug, so can't see it happening unless it's someone like Lee Wallace.

Geoff the Mince

Cash only , really don't want any of the Tribute Acts players .

If we want to improve squad taking failures from them really aint going to help .

None of these players is worth anything even like 200k. Would be better taking the original cash offer if it was 700k.

Walker's actions have backed us into a bit of a corner. He's completely burned his bridges here

A_A wehatethehibs

Holt won't improve our midfield a filler role until we can get something better at best. Nothing stands out from his time as an Orc.

Holt > Martin

Absolutely no doubt about that.

Holt > Martin

Different players. Holt is more of a Cowie or Bauben type and I'd take both over him. He's similar to Martin (so far) in that he's very lightweight and disappears in games. Always thought Holt was just a poor man's Gomis, which is why he never played much for us when he was our player.

Holt > Martin

Martin doesn't play though and it sounds like we're trying to get rid.

Don't think Holt would improve us so we'd have another 'dead' wage.

David Bates seems solid for his age, would certainly learn from the likes of Berra etc. Would be a great acquisition as long as the cash was right and up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It should be our choice of player, certainly not theirs I would be inclined to wait for O'Halloran if necessary. I don't see what else they have worth having

1M or **** Off.

Walker can either sign a new deal with a release clause, or sit in the reserves for a year. Then find out next summer how much Rangers really want him.

I'd guess he is on about 2k just now.  ish.

If his contract runs down.  Why would anyone offer him more than that during the summer to sign for them, knowing that he needs to find a new club.

If we don't sell him this window for what we want, he will be at Dundee or the likes next summer after Rangers don't offer him a deal.

He ain't no Messi.

Hagar the Horrible

Holt was a poor mans Walker,  If he is not good enough to cut it 1?broke I dont want him,    Bench warmer wist us as well,

It should be our choice of player, certainly not theirs I would be inclined to wait for O'Halloran if necessary. I don't see what else they have worth having

Jordan Rossiter?

What makes folks think Holt would want to come back to us in the first place?  Besides he's not improved since he couldn't get a game for us the last time.

As for the other two, i wouldn't take them even if sevco gave us them for free, both are garbage and would only drain wages until we found some other mug to take them off our hands.

Money up front in cash or no deal.

Hagar the Horrible

Holt is better than anybody from our midfield, sadly.

He is not better than Walker?  why should we swap with a rival???

Holt is hopeless and lightweight and did nothing when here previously. If he was any good Rangers wouldn't be letting him go.

Levein likes big physical players so thankfully this is unlikely to happen.

A_A wehatethehibs

Martin doesn't play though and it sounds like we're trying to get rid.

Don't think Holt would improve us so we'd have another 'dead' wage.

Holt is a young, hungry Scottish player & Hearts fan who hasn't hit the heights, I think theres at least a slim chance Levein could develop him into a steady SPFL level CM given a year or 2 when he's maturing at 25-26.

Martin is a busted flush Tiger Lilly Tw@ who can't run - in the El Hass/ Anderson bucket IMO. No chance. 

I know who I'd rather have in the squad. 

If we had a strong midfield I'd say feck holt cough up the cash. But since we are so so weak there I'd take 650k plus holt. With djoum, martin, buaben, cowie and the new lad from Raith as the only options its a case of beggars cant be choosers at present. Less for pro-holt reasons and more for "our midfield is god awful" reasons 

ToadKiller Dog

Would we have looked at any of the 3 on offer if not part of a deal, of course not.

So we shouldn't do so now

All roads lead to Gorgie

Holt is hopeless and lightweight and did nothing when here previously. If he was any good Rangers wouldn't be letting him go.

Levein likes big physical players so thankfully this is unlikely to happen.

Not always. Valois.

600k surely? Their previous offer. Still too low. I agree, effectively paying 100 grand for someone like Holt would be madness. It would have to be an increased cash offer plus a player for us to talk.

In January we could lose him for free anyway, and he clearly doesn't want to be here so let's cash in on him while we can.

?500k plus Dodoo and Holt on loan for a season, with an option to take either one of them for nothing if we like them ?

Might work. No risk if it doesn't.

Watt-Zeefuik

Strange comments on here about Holt -- "poor man's Walker" and that.

He's an odd player -- never puts a pass wrong but also never makes the killer pass that cuts open a defense. Not a player (at least a year ago, maybe he's bulked up) to get stuck in against an opposing midfield and break up play, but he's also fast and reliable in the middle of the park. Doesn't get caught on the ball the way Buaben does now.

I don't know what he'd add in our best XI but I think he'd be an excellent squad player for putting in to hold a lead. He can hold the ball in possession in an opposing team's half, even if he doesn't create much with it there.

Offer Well ?150k plus Walker for Cadden. Let Jamie rot there for a year.

I think Jamie would far rather rot here than at Motherwell. Its his choice after all. You knew he has a choice Aye ?

Watt-Zeefuik

I think Jamie would far rather rot here than at Motherwell. Its his choice after all. You knew he has a choice Aye ?

I do -- it was mostly tongue in cheek. 

Spot the Sevco players about to be available on a free tomorrow.

Cash only - up front

Good point.

I'd take Wallace or maybe Windass as part of the deal.

Strange comments on here about Holt -- "poor man's Walker" and that.

He's an odd player -- never puts a pass wrong but also never makes the killer pass that cuts open a defense. Not a player (at least a year ago, maybe he's bulked up) to get stuck in against an opposing midfield and break up play, but he's also fast and reliable in the middle of the park. Doesn't get caught on the ball the way Buaben does now.

I don't know what he'd add in our best XI but I think he'd be an excellent squad player for putting in to hold a lead. He can hold the ball in possession in an opposing team's half, even if he doesn't create much with it there.

Urgency and confidence on the ball, that's what he'd bring. That and an ability to score goals from midfield and occasionally get beyond strikers into scoring positions. None of our current midfield crop come close to that (and I include Djoum).

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived