***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes I just feel embarrassed reading comments like this.

You probably felt the same when we tried to get Danny Wilson on loan from Liverpool.  Oh wait....

better_call_saul

You probably felt the same when we tried to get Danny Wilson on loan from Liverpool.  Oh wait....

Aye- cause the circumstances are the same right enough.

You probably felt the same when we tried to get Danny Wilson on loan from Liverpool. Oh wait....

Of course cause Liverpool had paid how much for him?

Sadly JKB has highlighted the amount of spangles in our support

Don't know why the experts are so dismissive of the thought of Snodgrass to Hearts on a season long loan.  The cost approx ?50,000 should be affordable.  Of course he may not be interested but should we not be at least showing a bit of ambition?

Don't know why the experts are so dismissive of the thought of Snodgrass to Hearts on a season long loan.  The cost approx ?50,000 should be affordable.  Of course he may not be interested but should we not be at least showing a bit of ambition?

Where do you get your figure of ?50k from?

Don't know why the experts are so dismissive of the thought of Snodgrass to Hearts on a season long loan. The cost approx ?50,000 should be affordable. Of course he may not be interested but should we not be at least showing a bit of ambition?

Hiya George Bush, hiya George

Don't know why the experts are so dismissive of the thought of Snodgrass to Hearts on a season long loan. The cost approx ?50,000 should be affordable. Of course he may not be interested but should we not be at least showing a bit of ambition?

?50,000 a week maybe lol

better_call_saul

Wow.

"approx. ?50,000".

Just wow.

Do you think a two WEEK deal is worth it??

They've just signed Marko Arnautovi? though, like-for-like replacement.

Never felt Snodgrass had the pace a club like WHU require.

Quite surprised they signed him in the first place.

Arnautovic has that and the ability Snodgrass doesn't. He's a tidy player, but not top half EPL quality which WHU hope to achieve and more.

It depends on how he is. His last few appearances for Scotland were that of a near 30yr old winger who's body isn't letting him do what it used to. He looked slow and generally not up to his usual standard. West Ham it was much the same and now they're saying he is free to go.

He probably will go into the championship but I don't think he's got much more time left at that level.

In Scotland he could do some real damage though. Walker doesn't need the pace to do it and neither would he.

Making a fud of yourself here bud.

Wow.

"approx. ?50,000".

Just wow.

My mistake I meant it might cost us about ?500,000 for the year if we could agree something with West Ham.  Glad to see I invoked such a mature response.

My mistake I meant it might cost us about ?500,000 for the year if we could agree something with West Ham. Glad to see I invoked such a mature response.

And you keep digging.....

better_call_saul

My mistake I meant it might cost us about ?500,000 for the year if we could agree something with West Ham.  Glad to see I invoked such a mature response.

Aye cause ?500,000 would be well within our budget.

Don't mock the clubs 'ambition' because we won't show interest in an EPL player on ?60K per week. A major coup for Hearts was signing Lafferty. That, for me, shows the ambition of the club considering where we are right now.

Stupid comments get stupid responses.

Aye cause ?500,000 would be well within our budget.

Don't mock the clubs 'ambition' because we won't show interest in an EPL player on ?60K per week. A major coup for Hearts was signing Lafferty. That, for me, shows the ambition of the club considering where we are right now.

Stupid comments get stupid responses.

There are ways other than operating budget to fund a transfer.  Takes a bit of thinking out the box.  All the original poster suggested was at least investigating the possibility.  Glad we have Saatchi and Saatchi on hand to provide insight, advice and knowledge.  

better_call_saul

Yes, and the original poster got shouted down for talking utter nonsense.

I get that a football forum is about debate and discussion but come on. But yeah, let's "investigate the possibility"...

Can we afford it? No. Could we afford it? No. Is chat like signing Snodgrass embarrassing? Yes.

There are ways other than operating budget to fund a transfer. Takes a bit of thinking out the box. All the original poster suggested was at least investigating the possibility. Glad we have Saatchi and Saatchi on hand to provide insight, advice and knowledge.

OK Daniel Levy :rofl:

Lucille's Thirsty

I'm not so sure. With big fees come big salaries. We won't ever go down the ?10k per week route again imo. I think we'll stick to paying smaller fees and picking up bargains like the players you mention tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're last sentence there is something I would settle for if we can pick up players of the Goncalves and Souttar ilk, it's good business that money for those players.

I agree 10k is far too much maybe capped at about 5k or 6k.

Lucille's Thirsty

The talk of Snodgrass is utter nonsensical for a club like ours.

We cannot and will not shop in that type of market as we couldn't attract a player from PL and wages.

Snodgrass will come back to Scotland to retire that all.

Yes, and the original poster got shouted down for talking utter nonsense.

I get that a football forum is about debate and discussion but come on. But yeah, let's "investigate the possibility"...

Can we afford it? No. Could we afford it? No. Is chat like signing Snodgrass embarrassing? Yes.

Shouting down anybody's chat on here is embarrassing.  Some of the things I have read on here make me laugh, cringe but it's a forum.  It's one thing to disagree but at least try to avoid the condescending manner.  

better_call_saul

Shouting down anybody's chat on here is embarrassing.  Some of the things I have read on here make me laugh, cringe but it's a forum.  It's one thing to disagree but at least try to avoid the condescending manner.  

However this is still a public forum. While you post on here you represent Heart of Midlothian.

Chat of signing Snodgrass etc has to be pulled up for the embarrassment that it is. The entire notion of signing a player of that quality makes us all look bad.

Shouting down anybody's chat on here is embarrassing. Some of the things I have read on here make me laugh, cringe but it's a forum. It's one thing to disagree but at least try to avoid the condescending manner.

Calm down buddy. Could you please explain where the elasticity in our operating budget would come from so we could afford Snodgrass?

Chronic chat absolute chronic horse dung give it a rest on snodgrass FFS

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Chronic chat absolute chronic horse dung give it a rest on snodgrass FFS

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It is, but let's not forget some of the utter drivel that you have come out with.

Calm down buddy. Could you please explain where the elasticity in our operating budget would come from so we could afford Snodgrass

Sponsorship?   Who knows.  Just a thought.   Of course it's not going to happen but there's no reason to ridicule the thought.    

Is this still the Potential Transfers/Rumours thread ? 

Or can we maybe get it renamed The Look at Me, look at me, dont shout at me , dont shout at me, im right you are wrong, i know , you dont, so there, PM me please..... Thread  ?

Seriously some amount of absolute roasters flopping about on here !

Anyway, back to the Topic of The Thread....   Billy Paynter spotted in Lidl on Dalry Road...   make of that what you will  !

However this is still a public forum. While you post on here you represent Heart of Midlothian.

Chat of signing Snodgrass etc has to be pulled up for the embarrassment that it is. The entire notion of signing a player of that quality makes us all look bad.

Very good.  Is school not back in yet?

Sponsorship? Who knows. Just a thought. Of course it's not going to happen but there's no reason to ridicule the thought.

Apologies I didn't realise you were so sensitive

Is this still the Potential Transfers/Rumours thread ?

Or can we maybe get it renamed The Look at Me, look at me, dont shout at me , dont shout at me, im right you are wrong, i know , you dont, so there, PM me please..... Thread ?

Seriously some amount of absolute roasters flopping about on here !

Anyway, back to the Topic of The Thread.... Billy Paynter spotted in Lidl on Dalry Road... make of that what you will !

Used to see him in the old B&Q all the time.

Really ?   We represent Heart of Midlothian ?  ya beeza..can i have the number 11 jersey...

yaassssss.... !

better_call_saul

Really ?   We represent Heart of Midlothian ?  ya beeza..can i have the number 11 jersey...

yaassssss.... !

Nah, that's getting saved for Snoddy.

I think 14 is free?

Nah, that's getting saved for Snoddy.

I think 14 is free?

Thats your age surely ? 

Cracking come back there.

Well, thankyou !

Dont be getting all high and mighty now, remember who you are representing !

Used to see him in the old B&Q all the time.

Did he seem ok  ?

Last time i saw him, he was a bit Emulsional...

I suspect he hasn't yet got fed up making loads of money. Do you honestly think he will come back to Scotland for 200k a year when he could make that in a month at Middlesboro for example?

Aside from it not happening anyway, Snodgrass still wants to play for Scotland.

English Championship at minimum is the place for that.

Did he seem ok  ?

Last time i saw him, he was a bit Emulsional...

He's like that all the time - it's the thought of running out at Tynie in a Hearts strip, can't say I blame him. 

Aye- cause the circumstances are the same right enough.

That suggests you know the facts so tell us about the differences.

Do we really need another CB?

I would say we need a big bruising dominant-in- the-air CB and that aint Gilhespy who is lucky if he is 6ft tall.

Please chaps. It's bad enough that West Ham wasted money on "Snoddy" I was under the impression he had retired anyway. During a game. It was emotional [emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived