***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

True. So we motivate him to give his all in his final year. Modern football means that players will, understandably, run their contracts down. We benefit from it, as well.

Easier said than done.  Maybe you could say how we've failed to do so far and what we should do to remedy it.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easier said than done. Maybe you could say how we've failed to do so far and what we should do to remedy it.

Any chance you could do a bolt to the Walker thread?

Any chance you could do a bolt to the Walker thread?

No

It's related to transfers especially if we get money for him.

jamboinglasgow

couple of players arriving at Riccarton tomorrow for talks/trial, before you ask haven't a clue who they are.

all i've been told is they both arrived in Edinburgh today and are being shown round the city, individually or together, again i don't know.

Interesting. Guess we will have to wait to find out more

I notice in today's Scotsman, they are suggesting that Hull are showing interest in Chris Cadden.

We really can't afford to be fannying about with this transfer stuff. It's a nap Walker will be subject to a last minute bid from Rangers so we need midfield players.

Lucille's Thirsty

I notice in today's Scotsman, they are suggesting that Hull are showing interest in Chris Cadden.

We really can't afford to be fannying about with this transfer stuff. It's a nap Walker will be subject to a last minute bid from Rangers so we need midfield players.

The new manager might have different targets mate.

Hull can pay the 500k asking price.

We can't.

End of story.

If Walker had gone for the asking price last month then maybe we could have done a deal but we can't fund half a million transfers on ifs.

Lucille's Thirsty

Hull can pay the 500k asking price.

We can't.

End of story.

If Walker had gone for the asking price last month then maybe we could have done a deal but we can't fund half a million transfers on ifs.

Hearts as a football club can't afford ?500k it's quite depressing.

Hopefully when the stand is all done and dusted with the money coming in from us we'll be able to at least afford to pay money for our targets.

couple of players arriving at Riccarton tomorrow for talks/trial, before you ask haven't a clue who they are.

all i've been told is they both arrived in Edinburgh today and are being shown round the city, individually or together, again i don't know.

any more news on these two?

Hopefully Komosavi was at the airport to intercept

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Hearts as a football club can't afford ?500k it's quite depressing.

Hopefully when the stand is all done and dusted with the money coming in from us we'll be able to at least afford to pay money for our targets.

We have paid over ?500,000 only a handful of times in our history.....and only about 3 pre VR.

It's far from depressing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RustyRightPeg

Heard something similar to jambogjh.

2 potentially 3 players are now in talks with the club.

This is all I've been advised.

fraz the postie

The Chriss Cadden story goes on and on,

Maybe we/ Hearts don't think he is worth ?500K ? .

Three things as far as I can see.

1, he has to be a quality player for us.

2, there has to be a we bit room for him to develop further.

3,if he is gonna ( inevitabley) move on ,he needs to have a good sell on value.

What happened with our bad signings,I won't go on and name them,I don't know.

Martins...

U20s players or first teamers?

Maybe we have our new head coach agreed but not yet disclosed....

Lucille's Thirsty

We have paid over ?500,000 only a handful of times in our history.....and only about 3 pre VR.

It's far from depressing.

The revenue coming in from the new stand and FOH contributes will see us paying that amount of money more often IMO.

We've done some good business when paying money.

?170K for Goncalves and Souttar is good business but I feel to compete more a few ?500K signings could be the difference of us winning a cup or not.

Hull can afford ?500,000 fee and hugely inflated wages compared to us and any Scottish club bar the gruesome twosome.

Why is there no PHM up at the training ground with a telephoto lens then? eh???

The revenue coming in from the new stand and FOH contributes will see us paying that amount of money more often IMO.

We've done some good business when paying money.

?170K for Goncalves and Souttar is good business but I feel to compete more a few ?500K signings could be the difference of us winning a cup or not.

I'm not so sure. With big fees come big salaries. We won't ever go down the ?10k per week route again imo. I think we'll stick to paying smaller fees and picking up bargains like the players you mention tbh.

Two One goalkeeper, Giedrius Arlauskis (Watford)(Lithuanian)  Vladimir Stojkovic (Nottingham Forest) just been released yesterday

We like a Lith

Two goalkeepers Giedrius Arlauskis (Watford)(Lithuanian)  Vladimir Stojkovic (Nottingham Forest) just been released yesterday

We like a Lith

This a guess?

Two goalkeepers Giedrius Arlauskis (Watford)(Lithuanian)  Vladimir Stojkovic (Nottingham Forest) just been released yesterday

We like a Lith

Arlauskis signed with Cluj and Stojkovic with Partizan Belgrade

Good news :) Well, hopefully good news :P

Hope so

Although just as likely to be a couple of random unknown gambles, at this point in time it's much less of a gamble bringing in one player who knows the Scottish leagues as opposed to two European who get here play a couple of decent games, decide they don't fancy it and disappear for the rest of there contracts

Bazzas right boot

Hull can afford ?500,000 fee and hugely inflated wages compared to us and any Scottish club bar the gruesome twosome.

Only one club can "afford" it.....

alicante jambo

Lets be honest if we took the derisory offer sevco offered us how much would we actually get straight away?Hull can.possibly have 500k in the bank overnight.

Two One goalkeeper, Giedrius Arlauskis (Watford)(Lithuanian) Vladimir Stojkovic (Nottingham Forest) just been released yesterday

We like a Lith

Are u a Hibby :)

Bowmans_Boot

Hope so

Although just as likely to be a couple of random unknown gambles, at this point in time it's much less of a gamble bringing in one player who knows the Scottish leagues as opposed to two European who get here play a couple of decent games, decide they don't fancy it and disappear for the rest of there contracts

I would have said, "more likely to be a couple of random unknown gambles". Lets be honest. 

I've been pm'd the name Jon McLaughlin by a mysterious stranger...

He's alright. Edinburgh lad. I thought he'd gone back to Bradford.

I've been pm'd the name Jon McLaughlin by a mysterious stranger...

I've given my knowledge of Jon earlier in this thread. Not the first time his name had cropped up and I would be very interested to see him at the club.

Edit- knowledge of his non league days.

Unknown user

I've given my knowledge of Jon earlier in this thread. Not the first time his name had cropped up and I would be very interested to see him at the club.

Edit- knowledge of his non league days.

Tbh I'd never heard of him, but Mr PM says he's one of the players that's up just now

Tbh I'd never heard of him, but Mr PM says he's one of the players that's up just now

I couldn't say if he'd be good or not for us. Just happy to see him play for the famous.

Is Mr PM a reliable source?

Unknown user

I couldn't say if he'd be good or not for us. Just happy to see him play for the famous.

Is Mr PM a reliable source?

**** knows mate, I guess we'll find out soon

torino calcio

Was burton albions 1st choice goalkeeper last season

Noticed a tweet on Twitter from someone who supports both Hearts and Burton Albion that in his opinion McLaughlin is better than either of our past two goalkeepers.  I presume that he's meaning Alexander and Hamilton.

Someone will be along shortly to tell us how underwhelmed they are [emoji3]

Not me he would be just what the doctor ordered.

Looks to be exactly what we need. Bags of experience and 29 which seems a good age for a keeper. Hopefully we get it done ASAP.

me [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Unknown user

I'm whelmed to an appropriate level I reckon

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Im kind of desperate for a midfielder of substance.

But grateful for a solid keeper being added

RustyRightPeg

Keeper incoming.

Wide player potentially being looked at but will be difficult to get deal finalised. Time scales not an issue however.

Keeper incoming.

Wide player potentially being looked at but will be difficult to get deal finalised. Time scales not an issue however.

Why difficult getting deal finalised??

Archived