Season ticket renewal thread ( merged )

bauld willie

Mars plastic

With our first 4 games being away, a decent start along with a good showing in the LC group games, could have a big impact on the final total of ST's.

That could also go the exact opposite way....

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've sold more than 10,000. No barriers have been broken so why do people still use such a pointlessly stupid phrase.

When I'm Supreme Ruler of The Universe it'll be the death penalty for anybody still doing it. See also adding -gate to anything.

Aberdeen still including / selling their 6 game season ticket?

Allowayjambo1874

That could also go the exact opposite way....

How come, we've sold what we've sold so the figure as of today is the minimum we will sell, even 4 straight defeats isn't going to impact negatively we just won't sell anymore.

Mars plastic

How come, we've sold what we've sold so the figure as of today is the minimum we will sell, even 4 straight defeats isn't going to impact negatively we just won't sell anymore.

I would say not selling any more tickets is fairly negative. :)

I would say not selling any more tickets is fairly negative. :)

Especially when the club sit down to make a decision about the Roseburn.

A good start, and a wee spike in sales may mean two sections for away fans....Cat A and B.

It is vital we start well.

Mars plastic

Especially when the club sit down to make a decision about the Roseburn.

A good start, and a wee spike in sales may mean two sections for away fans....Cat A and B.

It is vital we start well.

The club should offer up a ST for feardies, those who don't go to Celtic and Rangers games because of the bad men who come from Glasgow.

The club should offer up a ST for feardies, those who don't go to Celtic and Rangers games because of the bad men who come from Glasgow.

They have, it's a Cat B season ticket.

kettering jam tart

We must be at 14,000 by now including hospitality etc

Clerry Jambo

We must be at 14,000 by now including hospitality etc

Don't think we will be near that yet

kettering jam tart

See that Aberdeen have just announced over 14000 season tickets sold

Good effort

Seems a quick jump from their 10,000 announcement last week but fair play to them

That's for the game tomorrow

stirlingshirejambo

That's for the game tomorrow

Oh dear

Silly me

Apologies

Thought they had adopted the jimmy calderwood method of fan counting

Footballfirst

I've had a look at each of the sections to see how many seats are not available for sale in order to get a better baseline for calculating seats sold, and how the staduim capacity has dropped over the years.

A (rear) - 22 seats next to the side wall n/a for STs

B (rear) - 14 seats in the back row have disappeared, reducing capacity

D (front) - 24 seats lost to the camera platform a few years ago, reducing capacity

D (front) - 24 seats lost to the new tunnel, reducing capacity and n/a for STs

D (rear) - 56 seats in the back two rows lost to the media section a few years ago, reducing capacity

F (rear) - 12 seats in the back row have disappeared, reducing capacity

G (rear) - 22 seats next to the side wall n/a for STs

K (rear) - 9 seats in the back row have disappeared (camera platform?), reducing capacity

K - 574 seats reserved for walk-ups or away fans, n/a for STs

L - 718 seats reserved for walk-ups or away fans, n/a for STs

M - 758 seats reserved for walk-ups or away fans, n/a for STs

N (rear) - 190 seats in the wing section and back row n/a for STs (I believe that 18 or so had been sold before the section was withdrawn from sale)

Prem (front) - Up to 250 seats lost for the dugouts and the space immediately behind, n/a for STs

Prem (rear) -  81 seats lost capacity due to the installation of rows of 25 instead of 28.

Prem (rear) - Up to 50 seats in Prem ST are n/a for STs (possibly for partitioning)

Prem (rear) - Further seats may be lost due to partitioning of the hospitality areas.

R (front) - Potentially 100 seats lost adjacent to the dugout area (security reasons?)

T (front) - 90 seats in the wing section n/a for STs

T (rear) - 190 seats in the wing section and back row n/a for STs (I believe that 22 or so had been sold before the whole section was withdrawn from sale)

X (rear) - Up to 422 hospitality seats (depending on the configuration needed) n/a for STs

Taking all the above together, I'd estimate that the total capacity of the stadium will be a maximum of 19,893, Season tickets are limited to 15,482 for Joe public (excl hospitality). Walk-ups, away fans and segregation in the Roseburn account for 2050, Hospitality and Directors 1,445, with 350 held back for security and other purposes around the dugout areas, at least 50 for partitioning, and the remainder due to poor sight lines in the wings or back rows of the stands.

Using yesterday's dot count, I've revised down the minimum ST sales figure (excluding all hospitality and other unknowns) to 13,033, with the virtual certainty of a further 40 having been sold in the wing sections of N & T before they were withdrawn from sale, making the running total 13,073.

The figures quoted by the club will include hospitality sales to date, plus wheelchair users and carers. 

I've had a look at each of the sections to see how many seats are not available for sale in order to get a better baseline for calculating seats sold, and how the staduim capacity has dropped over the years.

D (front) - 24 seats lost to the camera platform a few years ago, reducing capacity

D (rear) - 56 seats in the back two rows lost to the media section a few years ago, reducing capacity

K (rear) - 9 seats in the back row have disappeared (camera platform?), reducing capacity

N (rear) - 190 seats in the wing section and back row n/a for STs (I believe that 18 or so had been sold before the section was withdrawn from sale)

Prem (front) - Up to 250 seats lost for the dugouts and the space immediately behind, n/a for STs

Prem (rear) - 81 seats lost capacity due to the installation of rows of 25 instead of 28.

Prem (rear) - Up to 50 seats in Prem ST are n/a for STs (possibly for partitioning)

Prem (rear) - Further seats may be lost due to partitioning of the hospitality areas.

R (front) - Potentially 100 seats lost adjacent to the dugout area (security reasons?)

T (rear) - 190 seats in the wing section and back row n/a for STs (I believe that 22 or so had been sold before the whole section was withdrawn from sale)

X (rear) - Up to 422 hospitality seats (depending on the configuration needed) n/a for STs

Taking all the above together, I'd estimate that the total capacity of the stadium will be a maximum of 19,893, Season tickets are limited to 15,482 for Joe public (excl hospitality). Walk-ups, away fans and segregation in the Roseburn account for 2050, Hospitality and Directors 1,445, with 350 held back for security and other purposes around the dugout areas, at least 50 for partitioning, and the remainder due to poor sight lines in the wings or back rows of the stands.

Using yesterday's dot count, I've revised down the minimum ST sales figure (excluding all hospitality and other unknowns) to 13,033, with the virtual certainty of a further 40 having been sold in the wing sections of N & T before they were withdrawn from sale, making the running total 13,073.

The figures quoted by the club will include hospitality sales to date, plus wheelchair users and carers.

Terrific work, FF, but what about Y and Z ?

Footballfirst

Terrific work, FF, but what about Y and Z ?

I can't see any differences in the sections not mentioned.

I can't see any differences in the sections not mentioned.

Just re-read post. I mis-read it !

Apologies.

Prem (rear) -  81 seats lost capacity due to the installation of rows of 25 instead of 28.

That must have been a days work FF - well done! I still remain curious if some of the areas where seats don't appear to have been sold have been sold in some way and we just don't know about it. Upper X certainly had season ticket holders near the front and back last season.

Just one thing on capacity - did you include the wheelchair and carer seats in the total of 19,893? The last figures I found for each stand were Wheatfield 50, Roseburn 24, Gorgie 32, and I counted 84 on the plan for the new main stand. A total of 190 seats/spaces.

Footballfirst

That must have been a days work FF - well done! I still remain curious if some of the areas where seats don't appear to have been sold have been sold in some way and we just don't know about it. Upper X certainly had season ticket holders near the front and back last season.

Just one thing on capacity - did you include the wheelchair and carer seats in the total of 19,893? The last figures I found for each stand were Wheatfield 50, Roseburn 24, Gorgie 32, and I counted 84 on the plan for the new main stand. A total of 190 seats/spaces.

I haven't included the Wheelchair slots in the capacity.  I basically just used the dot counts and what I can extrapolate from the plans, seat and row numbers. If fully occupied that would make the capacity 20,073.

Here's today's count as a screenshot:

MMYYq8u.jpg

So, 27 sold today.

David McCaig

I haven't included the Wheelchair slots in the capacity. I basically just used the dot counts and what I can extrapolate from the plans, seat and row numbers. If fully occupied that would make the capacity 20,073.

MMYYq8u.jpg

So, 27 sold today.

So presumably when the tunnel is removed from the Wheatfield we'd go up to 20,097.

If we have improved media facilities in the new stand, is there scope to reclaim some seats in the Wheatfield?

Mars plastic

I haven't included the Wheelchair slots in the capacity.  I basically just used the dot counts and what I can extrapolate from the plans, seat and row numbers. If fully occupied that would make the capacity 20,073.

MMYYq8u.jpg

So, 27 sold today.

Looking forward to meeting the other 55 like minded souls in Premium come the 9th of September.

fireeagle51

Looking forward to meeting the other 55 like minded souls in Premium come the 9th of September.

Just wondering why is it you chose to sit in premium? I get it it's a terrific view but the atmosphere will be crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wondering why is it you chose to sit in premium? I get it it's a terrific view but the atmosphere will be crap

Get to lie across several seats :)

Mars plastic

Quite simply, because I could.

Reckon premium will have a steward on hand just to throw the ball back should it end up in that section? Don't want dirty paws when eating prawn sandwiches :whistling:

Mars plastic

Reckon premium will have a steward on hand just to throw the ball back should it end up in that section? Don't want dirty paws when eating prawn sandwiches :whistling:

:lol:

I'll not be engaging in throwing the ball back. One of the desperados sitting either side of our plush section can go fetch it.

I haven't included the Wheelchair slots in the capacity.  y.

I think as a rough guide there are 4 wheelchair users and 4 carers in each section of the older stands.

It would be a good idea for FOH to purchase any unsold seats in the Premium section.

Then they could use the seats as prizes in raffles to raise funds for FOH.

Don't suppose the high and mighty toffs in that section would take too kindly in having to mingle with ordinary Joe Punter though it would be a good fundraiser for the new stand.

Mars plastic

It would be a good idea for FOH to purchase any unsold seats in the Premium section.

Don't suppose the high and mighty toffs in that section would take too kindly in having to mingle with ordinary Joe Punter though it would be a good fundraiser for the new stand.

Oh no no no. I didn't move seats to be surrounded by ordinary Joe punter.

At ?695 a pop, that's commercially a non starter.

Oh no no no. I didn't move seats to be surrounded by ordinary Joe punter.

At ?695 a pop, that's commercially a non starter.

Where were you before, MP ?

Good idea or even JKB.

Disagree about the atmosphere being crap. Surrounded by "ordinary" fans Premium is just a few seats with more leg room and a great view. I know a few guys who've bought there and they're no different to anyone else. When the discount period ends for renewals in the main stand I might move over.

All roads lead to Gorgie

That sounds a good idea and maybe even buy some of the single seats left elsewhere as runners up prizes. We could maybe even have a booby prize of seat behind the police box. Ha ha.

It's a nice idea but FoH wasn't set up to purchase tickets. The second thing is that FoH contributions are just that "a contribution" - if money is used to buy tickets then Hearts are obligated to pay the VAT. At that point your contribution has been reduced by 20%

It would be nice for JKB to attempt something too but again - buying tickets results in a chunk of that money being taxed. The best support we (as FoH or Kickback members) can do is to help the club build the infrastructure again. 

Mr God Awful Ugly

Wasn't that always that way?

I'm pretty sure when first opened an exit was put there to a proposed hospitality suite.

My mates dad got a season ticket right next to it for that reason but it never happened.

Dagger Is Back

Good idea or even JKB.

We've 'raffled' STs through JKB many times in the past. It worked really well and we raised enough funds to find multiple purchases.

I'm sure though that the situation now is that we can't permit raffles as it's considered a form of gambling and it breaks some kind of rules.

We used to raffle hospitality places too which again was a great earner but that too falls foul of the current rules.

Anything now has to be purely on a donation only basis. I'm sure I've got that right and not imagining it

If the Premium seats are priced not to much dearer on match days I'm sure they will sell anyway.

Might even have the odd game there myself.

Bazzas right boot

They've sold more than 10,000. No barriers have been broken so why do people still use such a pointlessly stupid phrase.

When I'm Supreme Ruler of The Universe it'll be the death penalty for anybody still doing it. See also adding -gate to anything.

Mm, you want to impose barrier- gate!

jambo-in-furness

Mm, you want to impose barrier- gate!

It's called a cattle grid!

Footballfirst

Today's count

nLyVepe.jpg

There have have apparently been two blocks in "H" set aside, one with 50 seats in the front section and the other with 20 seats in the rear.  I'd guess that these have been reserved for the youngsters who play at half time and mascots etc.  Other than that, a quiet day with just seven seats sold. 

Today's count

nLyVepe.jpg

There have have apparently been two blocks in "H" set aside, one with 50 seats in the front section and the other with 20 seats in the rear.  I'd guess that these have been reserved for the youngsters who play at half time and mascots etc.  Other than that, a quiet day with just seven seats sold. 

We need a couple of decent signings to reignite the sales.

fireeagle51

We definitely need to have cash gates in operation for home games next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

August Landmesser

By which you mean tickets available on the day, from the ticket office, as we have done for years?

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

All roads lead to Gorgie

It would have to be correct money only and even then I don't think the modern turnstiles have the facilities to handle cash.

Archived