Season ticket renewal thread ( merged )

bauld willie

I think we are in a situation now where it would be be possible to give the OF two sections and still fill the stadium.

A lot depends on form and if the team are playing well we would be OK. If things take a downturn we could then offer them extra tickets on a match by match basis.

It would be crazy to make a decision at the start of the season to give up the Roseburn to OF fans when we may need it ourselves.I would be really pissed off with the club if they just handed the Roseburn Stand over to the OF for the season.

Absolutely. There's 1,300ish Cat A walk up seats available and almost 1/3 of them are single seats. The club is open about wanting to expand the fan base so I'd be really surprised if the Roseburn wasn't open to home fans for all matches. The Rangers home game isn't until the end of October and Celtic and Hibs are in December. The Aberdeen game to open the stand will be a decent enough indicator if we can fill the stadium and I'd expect the answer to be yes.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we are in a situation now where it would be be possible to give the OF two sections and still fill the stadium.

A lot depends on form and if the team are playing well we would be OK. If things take a downturn we could then offer them extra tickets on a match by match basis.

It would be crazy to make a decision at the start of the season to give up the Roseburn to OF fans when we may need it ourselves.I would be really pissed off with the club if they just handed the Roseburn Stand over to the OF for the season.

I agree totally.I personally think the days of their mobs coming through and getting tickets to fill the roseburn are long gone.I think it's fantastic the club took the stance they did and restrict their allocation.They griped a bit saying blah blah but what could they do,they give us bugger all anyway.

I've managed to squeeze in one more dot count so you all don't have an unbearable 3 days waiting for Footballfirst to get back up to speed.

The main thing to note tonight is that the remaining unsold seats on the upper wings of T and N have been removed/blocked out from sale. I guess it's highly unlikely that these were all sold en masse today, so these may well re-appear as matchday sales tickets - but who knows. To make sure I don't overstate sales, I've cautiously assumed no sales in sections T and N today - so apologies if you bought one in either of those sections today.

Dot count at 5.30pm today:

Wheatfield

A - 138

B - 68

C - 27

D - 3

E - 33

F - 89

G - 128

Total   486

Roseburn

H -706

J - 574
Total  1,280

Main

N - 70*

P - 34

Q - 0

Prem - 192

R - 4

S - 12

T - 33*
Total   345

*Assumed 99 seats removed from sale in upper N and T

Gorgie

V - 127

W - 26

X - 18

Y - 50

Z - 140

Total   361

Overall seats left for sale:    2,472 (including 1,192 Cat A seats)

Number sold since last count (5pm-ish last night): 21 (assuming no sales made in N and T today)

Rolling total of season ticket sales excluding hospitality and wheelchair & carer sales: 13,187 (FF's previous caveat meaning sales may be up to 100 less still applies)

Minimum total of season ticket sales including hospitality and wheelchair & carer sales: 13,278 (although actual sales almost certainly higher as previously noted).

Side note: For anyone hoping for a seat in the lower sections of the new main stand, 1 single seat remains in the front row of lower N.

With only 153 non-premium season tickets now available in the main stand, it appears a realistic prospect that these will be sold out before the our first home game.

Hi JALBO I sit in B in the Wheatfield so I can only comment on that if there's only 68 left that's pretty good.Not wanting to tout but section B is pretty good,put your hand in your pockets and snap up these few desirable seats !

Heartsmad1874

Aberdeen have just announced that they have broken the 10,000 barrier.

Joke of a club :lol:

kingantti1874

Including their 6 game packages

Hi JALBO I sit in B in the Wheatfield so I can only comment on that if there's only 68 left that's pretty good.Not wanting to tout but section B is pretty good,put your hand in your pockets and snap up these few desirable seats !

I actually sat in B once, and it seemed a fine section. There's over 800 seats in section B, so to be left with just 68 (and counting) is excellent really.

I'm a committed N man myself.

Including their 6 game packages

Exactly. Not sure how they can count these in their overall numbers. It's a third of their home games. Cheeky and illusions of grandeur

I actually sat in B once, and it seemed a fine section. There's over 800 seats in section B, so to be left with just 68 (and counting) is excellent really.

I'm a committed N man myself.

its a very fine section mate as is N I'm sure hhgh

kingantti1874

Exactly. Not sure how they can count these in their overall numbers. It's a third of their home games. Cheeky and illusions of grandeur

Makes them feel better.. Said it many times - on the field this is as good as it gets for Aberdeen and their crowds are garbage.. I've no doubt that if we had performed as they have over the last couple of seasons we'd shift 20k season tickets NAP.. (I know we can't)

But the only way is down, the capitalised we'll with hearts, hibs and Rangers all being weak.. They must be concerns about what will happen when they return to their usual shitness..

If you took out the OF  ATT  from Aberdeens  home gates then there average would be about 10k ..Red Army

kingantti1874

If you took out the OF ATT from Aberdeens home gates then there average would be about 10k ..Red Army

Quickly heading towards a Dundee United level support

That's decent for them and i'm not being patronising. Honestly !

Parted with the additional Benjamins and moved over to section PS.

Where are the prick seats located ??

Mars plastic

Is that the posh seats?

Not sure you'd call them that, Zhibs. They are somewhat more comfortable than the ones we're in just now.

I'll be sure to throw you a wave from time to time.

Not sure you'd call them that, Zhibs. They are somewhat more comfortable than the ones we're in just now.

I'll be sure to throw you a wave from time to time.

The very comfy and spacious seats is an accurate description.

Mars plastic

The very comfy and spacious seats is an accurate description.

Sounds about right mate. That jamboelite chap seems to have got a wee bit over excited a couple of posts back. Had I been a grass I'd report his post, however, thars not the style of the plastic fellah.

Even the announcement reeks of a wee pishy club. :D

Sounds about right mate. That jamboelite chap seems to have got a wee bit over excited a couple of posts back. Had I been a grass I'd report his post, however, thars not the style of the plastic fellah.

No you have a whole different other style MP.

Haven't been listening to radio forth lately so not sure if club advertising sale of season tickets. Seems low key especially cat b tickets. Would expect a sales push sometime. Possibly all down to timing and trust sales personnel to do so as and when required.

Still having sales at this time is a great effort. There will probably be a wee spike just before the seasons starts.

New signings could affect sales too. I don't know when the cut off point is but if we be beat Celtic on the opening day that could provide another boost.

We might fall short of 14,000 but it's an amazing effort by the best fans in Scotland. No one even gets close.

August Landmesser

How many STs had we sold at this time last season? I know it might be different circumstances as we had a home game a month earlier but would be interested to get an idea of progress

Edit: Just found the thread from last year, it was about 13,700ish around 5/6th July 2016. Assuming we'll be selling them for a bit longer this time around since we've no game until 9th Sept.

Morgaro Gomis

How many STs had we sold at this time last season? I know it might be different circumstances as we had a home game a month earlier but would be interested to get an idea of progress

Edit: Just found the thread from last year, it was about 13,700ish around 5/6th July 2016. Assuming we'll be selling them for a bit longer this time around since we've no game until 9th Sept.

I'm sure we started selling them a few weeks earlier last season too.

Footballfirst

Unfortunately the holiday's over, so here's my first count back.

A    138
B    66
C    27
D    2
E    33
F    89
G    128
Total   483

H    703
J    570
Total  1273    

N    64
P    34
Q    0
Prem    192
R    3
S    12
T    33
Total   338

V    126
W    25
X    18
Y    50
Z    136
Overall    2449

That's 23 fewer than Jalbo's last count.  It's the first I've actually seen the "dots" for the last 10 days and was surprised how the availability in the narrow blocks in N & T had disappeared.  I'll need to go back and review each day's count to see how my overall estimate of actual seat sales is affected.  Meanwhile, I'll use Jalbo's last count and estimate 13,210 sales (excl hospitality etc) 

Apparently Q is the place to be. Anyone know where the temporary directors box will be for lc matches..?

Mars plastic

A    138

B    66

C    27

D    2

E    33

F    89

G    128

Total   483

H    703

J    570

Total  1273    

N    64

P    34

Q    0

Prem    192

R    3

S    12

T    33

Total   338

V    126

W    25

X    18

Y    50

Z    136

Overall    2449

That's 23 fewer than Jalbo's last count.  It's the first I've actually seen the "dots" for the last 10 days and was surprised how the availability in the narrow blocks in N & T had disappeared.  I'll need to go back and review each day's count to see how my overall estimate of actual seat sales is affected.  Meanwhile, I'll use Jalbo's last count and estimate 13,210 sales (excl hospitality etc) 

192 still available in Premium. We'll be able to put our feet up on the seats in front. :)

A 138

B 66

C 27

D 2

E 33

F 89

G 128

Total 483

H 703

J 570

Total 1273

N 64

P 34

Q 0

Prem 192

R 3

S 12

T 33

Total 338

V 126

W 25

Y 50

Z 136

Overall 2449

That's 23 fewer than Jalbo's last count. It's the first I've actually seen the "dots" for the last 10 days and was surprised how the availability in the narrow blocks in N & T had disappeared. I'll need to go back and review each day's count to see how my overall estimate of actual seat sales is affected. Meanwhile, I'll use Jalbo's last count and estimate 13,210 sales (excl hospitality etc)

Welcome back Footballfirst

A day or so ago the remaining seats in the wings of upper N and T disappeared. I believe that was 99 seats in total and I didn't include them as sold in my count.

Footballfirst

A day or so ago the remaining seats in the wings of upper N and T disappeared. I believe that was 99 seats in total and I didn't include them as sold in my count.

Kila's last full dot image on 2nd July suggested that there were 46 and 65 unsold in the wings of N and T respectively, so I don't know how accurate your estimate of 99 seats being withdrawn from sale is likely to be (I assume a few were sold between 2nd and 10th July).  I'd also like to know if anyone who had bought seats in the wings has been left in situ or has been moved to another seat within the section.  I'm tempted to re-base my sales numbers to exclude any seats sold in the wings sections. That way I would have a guaranteed minimum number.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/169648-season-ticket-renewal-thread-merged/?p=6101333

Kila's last full dot image on 2nd July suggested that there were 46 and 65 unsold in the wings of N and T respectively, so I don't know how accurate your estimate of 99 seats being withdrawn from sale is likely to be (I assume a few were sold between 2nd and 10th July).  I'd also like to know if anyone who had bought seats in the wings has been left in situ or has been moved to another seat within the section.  I'm tempted to re-base my sales numbers to exclude any seats sold in the wings sections. That way I would have a guaranteed minimum number.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/169648-season-ticket-renewal-thread-merged/?p=6101333

Yes, seats had been sold in-between times in the wings for sure. I made (with hindsight) the mistake of not separating out the count in the upper wings from the upper main sections of N and T - I just added them all together. So my way of dealing with that yesterday was to assume no sales at all in N and T over that 24 hour period when the remaining seats in the wings were removed from sale. Subtracting the remaining seats showing from the previous evening's total, left a combined total of 99 seats having being removed. If anything, this runs the risk of underestimating sales in N and T as it's possible/probable that at least a seat or two were sold in these sections during that day - but, like you, I'm more inclined to be cautious than run the risk of over-estimating sales. Does that make sense?

Your question about whether or not people who bought season tickets in the wings have been asked to move is an interesting one. As you say, it would be helpful to know. I'm not sure we can assume it though - the obvious thing we would have seen would have been a big chunk of the remaining seats in N and T disappearing to re-seat those displaced, and that hasn't happened. If it is going to happen, it'll need to be soon, as there aren't a whole lot more seats left in N and T to re-house them.

One other thing - the second estimate of seats sold that you'll see on my various posts was based on the club's announcement of 'over 13,000' sales at the end of June. I perhaps very conservatively took that to mean 13,001 seats sold,and made a running total by adding the seats that we were suggesting were sold each day since then to the figure of 13,001. 

Hope that helps. It's all yours Footballfirst!

Silvery_Moon

Welcome back Football First but thanks to Jalbo for some excellent dot counting the last two weeks.

August Landmesser

Welcome back Football First but thanks to Jalbo for some excellent dot counting the last two weeks.

Seconded. Great work from the dot counters, as always!

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Yes, seats had been sold in-between times in the wings for sure. I made (with hindsight) the mistake of not separating out the count in the upper wings from the upper main sections of N and T - I just added them all together. So my way of dealing with that yesterday was to assume no sales at all in N and T over that 24 hour period when the remaining seats in the wings were removed from sale. Subtracting the remaining seats showing from the previous evening's total, left a combined total of 99 seats having being removed. If anything, this runs the risk of underestimating sales in N and T as it's possible/probable that at least a seat or two were sold in these sections during that day - but, like you, I'm more inclined to be cautious than run the risk of over-estimating sales. Does that make sense?

Your question about whether or not people who bought season tickets in the wings have been asked to move is an interesting one. As you say, it would be helpful to know. I'm not sure we can assume it though - the obvious thing we would have seen would have been a big chunk of the remaining seats in N and T disappearing to re-seat those displaced, and that hasn't happened. If it is going to happen, it'll need to be soon, as there aren't a whole lot more seats left in N and T to re-house them.

One other thing - the second estimate of seats sold that you'll see on my various posts was based on the club's announcement of 'over 13,000' sales at the end of June. I perhaps very conservatively took that to mean 13,001 seats sold,and made a running total by adding the seats that we were suggesting were sold each day since then to the figure of 13,001.

Hope that helps. It's all yours Footballfirst!

Good effort Jalbo

Season's no started yet....!

:beatnik2:

I'll go back to being a supersub. FF and Clerry are our main strikers.......

A 138

B 66

C 27

D 2

E 33

F 89

G 128

Total 483

H 703

J 570

Total 1273

N 64

P 34

Q 0

Prem 192

R 3

S 12

T 33

Total 338

V 126

W 25

Y 50

Z 136

Overall 2449

That's 23 fewer than Jalbo's last count. It's the first I've actually seen the "dots" for the last 10 days and was surprised how the availability in the narrow blocks in N & T had disappeared.

I suspect they've disappeared because they are restricted view and you can't see the goals, not because they've been sold.

It's good to see that there's hardly any blocks of seats left for sale in the Wheatfield, Gorgie or Main Stand. Tynecastle should look packed every week, even if we're 1k short of an actual sell-out.

Hopefully a good start to the season will see a lot of walk ups to fill the Roseburn as well.

It would be great if our all of our attendances this season are more than the Old Main Stand Tynecastle capacity, just over 17,000. The average attendance last season was 16,327.

PeterintheRain

They've sold more than 10,000.  No barriers have been broken so why do people still use such a pointlessly stupid phrase. 

When I'm Supreme Ruler of The Universe it'll be the death penalty for anybody still doing it.   See also adding -gate to anything.

Coburg Hearts

Seconded.

The Treasurer

It's good to see that there's hardly any blocks of seats left for sale in the Wheatfield, Gorgie or Main Stand. Tynecastle should look packed every week, even if we're 1k short of an actual sell-out.

Hopefully a good start to the season will see a lot of walk ups to fill the Roseburn as well.

It would be great if our all of our attendances this season are more than the Old Main Stand Tynecastle capacity, just over 17,000. The average attendance last season was 16,327.

With our first 4 games being away, a decent start along with a good showing in the LC group games, could have a big impact on the final total of ST's.

Archived