General Election

Don Dan

I hope you're right, as a trade union member too, I hope you're right, I think you're wrong mind, I think Corbyn will be pulled this way and that by McClusky and co'.

That's what Vic and I are saying though, bud, Len, for example does not have anything like the clout someone like Mick Mc Gahey had.

Different times.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you're right, as a trade union member too, I hope you're right, I think you're wrong mind, I think Corbyn will be pulled this way and that by McClusky and co'.

No. Corbyn is comitted to a similar but more functional course. His whole political life has been based on the belief that the Labour Party should be organised and run from the grass roots of the party. That will continue but the input of the trade unions will never replicate that of old. The grass roots are no longer consisted of the numbers of traditional trade union worshipping workforces of industries. The industries either no longer exist, are greatly diminished or have moved past the grip of the unions. People don't want it.

That's what Vic and I are saying though, bud, Len, for example does not have anything like the clout someone like Mick Mc Gahey had.

Different times.

I agree that the Unions don't have the power they did, but there's not been a left wing Labour government in power to give them it, under Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott I'm not sure they'd not be allowed to become overly powerful again?

Space Mackerel

10 mins till the exit polls. I've got a half bottle of Balvennie keyed up. I apologise in advance.

Getting ready to get a slap in the dish of a 70+ tory welt majority exit poll prediction. A custard pie right in the pus. Please not but.

I put a bet on Tory Majority of 49-74.

Delighted to lose if less.

Gutted if more.

Certainly don't want May getting to do as she pleases with a huge majority.

Space Mackerel

Getting ready to get a slap in the dish of a 70+ tory welt majority exit poll prediction. A custard pie right in the pus. Please not but.

That would do me fine in the grand scheme of things.

We can watch the Torys tear the UK to bits.

I can't call it!! Could be you're right but I don't THINK it'll be such a big margin, I think the SNP will loose seats but not that many.

Who ever wins, especially if, unlikely I know, that there are people who live and work in the countryside and not in a city.

Nearly time.  My guess - and it is a wild guess - is Tories 335, Labour 238, SNP 50, LD 6, the rest 21.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Looking forward to a cheap holiday now as the pound shits itself!

:pleasing:

Mayhem hitting the skids according to exit poll.

Nae luck.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Shinner abstentionism means the Tories are safe in terms of control but May is toast!

deesidejambo

****s sake Spacey!      You wanted the Tories to have a landslide and they may not get it!      Now what for Indy?   **** it.

Shinner abstentionism means the Tories are safe in terms of control but May is toast!

I wonder. There's nothing to stop them putting a spanner in the works.

deesidejambo

Still more than half the seats.

Jesus!  What has gone wrong?  Time for UDI?

Space Mackerel

****s sake Spacey! You wanted the Tories to have a landslide and they may not get it! Now what for Indy? **** it.

Looks like the English working class have mobilised at last

Space Mackerel

Jesus! What has gone wrong? Time for UDI?

Indy Ref 2 will still go ahead.

34 is about double of the previous record total pre 2015. A slide but still a huge block.

ToadKiller Dog

34 for the SNP? :eek:

Bit of a shock if that comes to pass , unionist tactical voting and a big up turn for labour ?.

Radio Ga Ga

Aye, but the support for the SNP and independence has gone through the floor (pleasing)

Space Mackerel

Aye, but the support for the SNP and independence has gone through the floor (pleasing)

Still got Brexit to go (pleasing)

deesidejambo

But the support has gone.      How the **** can Indy be won.   Nicola will have to bin it and resign.

Radio Ga Ga

Still got Brexit to go (pleasing)

Here's me thinking you were a Remoaner as well as a Roster!

SwindonJambo

Bloody hell! Wow - just wow! The Pound is going to take a boot in the knackers when the markets open. Expect the FTSE to tank as well

Space Mackerel

But the support has gone. How the **** can Indy be won. Nicola will have to bin it and resign.

Calm yourself down, no one would've put any money on this result 7 weeks ago.

Space Mackerel

Here's me thinking you were a Remoaner as well as a Roster!

*roaster

Thanks.

Captain Sausage

:rofl:

Disarray everywhere. Obviously exit polls are a stab in the dark, so I'll take them with a pinch of salt. However, it looks like...

May has shafted herself by taking the electorate for granted. Meanwhile, Sturgeon has lost almost half her seats!

Overall I couldn't be happier with how that's turned out. Brexit will have to be agreed by a cross party review and the arse has fallen out of the Scottish National Party vote. Beautiful.

But the support has gone.      How the **** can Indy be won.   Nicola will have to bin it and resign.

I think Sturgon's time is coming to an end, she should resign and hand over the reigns to someone else.

Corbyn and McDonnell have done better than I ever thought they would, this leaves the Labour party in a pretty difficult place, it's stick or twist for the Blairites.

Rudolf's Mate

I said a loss of 10 for SNP would be pretty bad [emoji15] Still apparently loads of them could go either way.

I'm downing this Balvennie 12 year old now. :lol:

the only thing youll enjoy tonight

Guess The Crowd

Shortly after the election was called, I read an article on the potential winnings for a bet on Labour retaining every one out of approximately 20 (marginal) seats.

I wonder if anyone (on here?) went for such a bet - small fortune if these exit polls are accurate

As long as the Tories are wiped out up here.

Archived