General Election

Don Dan

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watt-Zeefuik

Sorry, after the unending nightmare that started in November, I'm living vicariously through this election.

:jjyay: :jjyay: :jjyay:

GIRUY May

Footballfirst

That's a good deal...if the price of the ? hadn't just dropped against the ?.

Uly quids in. :lol:

That's why I bought a load of Euros this week for my hols next month

Talk of the wee chav Mhairi Black being oot a job by tomorrow (nae mair business class champagne breakfasts for her) and the fud Robertson snp Westminster leader being booted oot as well.

Oh dear how could it all go so wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geoff Kilpatrick

Strange post from someone who resides on the other side of the world and this constituency matters not a jot to their lives.

More to do with the arsehole in question!

:jjyay:

SwindonJambo

Sorry, after the unending nightmare that started in November, I'm living vicariously through this election.

:jjyay: :jjyay: :jjyay:

GIRUY May

Is there much interest in our election over there, UA ?

May the coward getting her just deserts it seems...any leader who bottles appearing in debates deserves to be given a proverbial kick up the backside.

She has lost many votes simply down to this and the feelings that she is 'bottling it'.

Calling a snap election has also hurt her as the voters have seen through her shameless grab for power never mind making it clear a 'hard brexit' is not the wish of the people.

Amazingly Corbyn made no major gaffes in the campaign though I just can't see the day enough people would vote for him to give Labour power.

May has to go and the Conservatives are never slow to put the knife in..she knifed others to get voted in as leader and revenge will be sweet for them.

BUT.........recent events have shown Polls are hardly reliable so it may be May gets a majority but she has been dealt a blow in that it appears unlikely she will get that vote for a hard brexit she claimed she needed for negotiations

BBC saying that the first two results show swings that are better for the Conservatives than the exit poll figures.

However, both results are in the North East of England, and that's the part of England where I thought the Tories would get the biggest improvement in their vote.

Space Mackerel

More to do with the arsehole in question!

Your opinions on U.K or Scottish politics plus someone who views Hearts on a TV are dismissed by many on here as a UKIP flyer through the letterbox.

BBC saying that the first two results show swings that are better for the Conservatives than the exit poll figures.

However, both results are in the North East of England, and that's the part of England where I thought the Tories would get the biggest improvement in their vote.

UKIP votes down massively. Looks like the UKIP voters have went back to the Tories.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Your opinions on U.K or Scottish politics plus someone who views Hearts on a TV are dismissed by many on here as a UKIP flyer through the letterbox.

Dear pot, love kettle!

indianajones

Talk of the wee chav Mhairi Black being oot a job by tomorrow (nae mair business class champagne breakfasts for her) and the fud Robertson snp Westminster leader being booted oot as well.

Not entirely sure why you think Tories gaining these seats can be a good thing?

Unless you are a Tory scumbag then its totally understandable.

The ignominy of Scottish seats propping up a Tory government.

Democracy is a bitch at times.

Indeed.

Long night ahead. Could still end up a bare Tory majority.

I'd have thought my posts so far reveal where my votes have went. Or maybe your blinkered by your nationalist views

Or maybe not

Space Mackerel

Dear pot, love kettle!

You live in Australia FFS! [emoji23]

Now shooooshed. Away and have VB and worry about skin cancer.

Roxy Hearts

Appears to be a bit of a bonkers GE. I vote SNP and the Mrs informs me she voted SNP. She's not political but supports the Union.

We will probably have the wee dumpling Jardine as our MP. Not impressed as already got that twat Cole-Hamilton as MSP. Corstorphine is good Jambo country but not good voting country!

Labour would win Mhairi's seat. But rumour is Salmond out to Liberals, Wishart and Robertson to the Tories.

Buzzfeed Journalist for Scotland Jamie Ross tweeted he received a text from his Lib Dem contact. All it said was "**** me".

Interesting night ahead.

indianajones

I'd have thought my posts so far reveal where my votes have went. Or maybe your blinkered by your nationalist views

Ive not read anything other than this page so i have no idea which is why i was asking.

The Tories gaining seats in Scotland is nothing short of an absolute disgrace. 

That's the theme to look at. Labour look like gaining UKIP vote share but the Tories have gained more so far. It might be a regional anomoly but if those swings reflect across the country, Tory welts win quite easily.

Appears to be a bit of a bonkers GE. I vote SNP and the Mrs informs me she voted SNP. She's not political but supports the Union.

We will probably have the wee dumpling Jardine as our MP. Not impressed as already got that twat Cole-Hamilton as MSP. Corstorphine is good Jambo country but not good voting country!

Grew up that way. Everyone I know there has said they've voted LibDem. Thomson has soured things a bit.

Watt-Zeefuik

Is there much interest in our election over there, UA ?

In some quarters. A majority of Americans probably couldn't tell you what the four home nations are, so if I walked out on the street and started actively chatting about the UK elections I'd get a lot of blank stares. But for those who pay attention to international news in the least, this is big news.  May's cozying up to Trump along with his getting frozen out by the rest of Europe has probably boosted the profile of this.

SwindonJambo

Indeed.

Long night ahead. Could still end up a bare Tory majority.

Yep. The exit poll in 2015 put them 15 seats short of what they ended up with. This exit poll put them 12 short. I can see them crawling over the line on their hands and knees. May would still have to go I think.

A chunk of Tory voters are very shy about admitting to it at any level - be that an opinion poll or an exit poll. They could surprise us yet.

You live in Australia FFS! [emoji23]

Now shooooshed. Away and have VB and worry about skin cancer.

A horrible and vile turn of phrase. Typical nasty nat.

Assuming you haven't had relatives or friends suffer from cancer.

Radio Ga Ga

Labour would win Mhairi's seat. But rumour is Salmond out to Liberals, Wishart and Robertson to the Tories.

Buzzfeed Journalist for Scotland Jamie Ross tweeted he received a text from his Lib Dem contact. All it said was "**** me".

Interesting night ahead.

I'll need clean underwear if this comes to pass!!!

Ive not read anything other than this page so i have no idea which is why i was asking.

The Tories gaining seats in Scotland is nothing short of an absolute disgrace.

I agree

He send that text to the right person?

An interesting night ahead for all. But especially Jamie.

Radio Ga Ga

Put him on ignore mate, he's a fruitloop Walter Mitty

Watt-Zeefuik

If May is out and Rudd loses but the Tories crawl across the line, who gets #10?  Not Return of the Boris surely?

Yep. The exit poll in 2015 put them 15 seats short of what they ended up with. This exit poll put them 12 short. I can see them crawling over the line on their hands and knees. May would still have to go I think.

A chunk of Tory voters are very shy about admitting to it at any level - be that an opinion poll or an exit poll. They could surprise us yet.

B-b-but we'd not have a strong and stable government... we'd have another "unelected PM"...

gashauskis9

Tories never admit to being Tories. Tory majority of 20 seats, that's my prediction. SNP to lose 15 as opposed to the 22 predicted.

If May is out and Rudd loses but the Tories crawl across the line, who gets #10? Not Return of the Boris surely?

Hammond

Gove

Bojo

Soubry

Dare I say... Kenneth Clarke.

Space Mackerel

My mum died of breast cancer when I was 25. What point are you making here chum?

SwindonJambo

If May is out and Rudd loses but the Tories crawl across the line, who gets #10?  Not Return of the Boris surely?

I bloody hope not! It's widely mooted that Rudd was being lined up to replace Hammond as Chancellor of the Exchequer but clearly that can't happen if she loses her seat.

Can we send him over your way please? He was born there ! He could be President :)

AlphonseCapone

I'd be surprised as she is highly regarded. Never know though.

The language in your post is ridiculously bitter though. Pretty pathetic that folk can't speak with abusing other folk because they believe in different things.

My mum died of breast cancer when I was 25. What point are you making here chum?

I don't believe you.

Think my point was clear enough.

SwindonJambo

B-b-but we'd not have a strong and stable government... we'd have another "unelected PM"...

Very good point. What a bloody mess. But a very interesting mess ;)

AlphonseCapone

I think they call it faux outrage.

We've all lost people to cancer, nothing offensive in what you said.

I'd be surprised as she is highly regarded. Never know though.

The language in your post is ridiculously bitter though. Pretty pathetic that folk can't speak with abusing other folk because they believe in different things.

Don't believe I've abused anyone on this thread. Carry on thinking that though. Mean it's not like I've made incredible stupid and crass comments about cancer.

Space Mackerel

I don't believe you.

You want me to produce a death certificate or get other posters on here who know me to back me up?

Your choice? What is it?

Radio Ga Ga

I don't believe you.

As I said Don, he's loopy...

Roxy Hearts

Grew up that way. Everyone I know there has said they've voted LibDem. Thomson has soured things a bit.

Goes to show you X2 that propaganda works and Michelle Thomson suffered because of it. It wasn't about policies but that's always the way.

Can't stand British politics.

AlphonseCapone

Don't believe I've abused anyone on this thread. Carry on thinking that though. Mean it's not like I've made incredible stupid and crass comments about cancer.

I never said you abused anyone in the thread. You called one MP a chav and another a fud.

It's not difficult to speak about folk you disagree with or even dislike without using abusive language.

As I said Don, he's loopy...

Yep I know m8 Surprised he's not been banned yet. I can't use the ignore function as on phone at moment unfortunately

Space Mackerel

I think they call it faux outrage.

We've all lost people to cancer, nothing offensive in what you said.

Flippant comment to mind people in other countries to mind their own business. :)

I never said you abused anyone in the thread. You called one MP a chav and another a fud.

It's not difficult to speak about folk you disagree with or even dislike without using abusive language.

:2thumbs:

Tbf looking at many posts on this thread my language regarding MP's I dislike is quite moderate in comparison. Are you always so easily offended ? Or you just pissed off Don Corleone is a better boss than Capone? Lol

Archived