Don Dan

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Space Mackerel

the only thing youll enjoy tonight

Very nice it is too [emoji106]

Radio Ga Ga

As long as the Tories are wiped out up here.

If the Exit Poll is correct and the SNP have lost 22 seats, I think you'll find it's the exact opposite and the Tories will have taken a good number of them

Interesting exit poll.

If the SNP has lost so many seats, hopefully they are to labour, even the odd Lib dem, and not the Tories.

Not sure it really deflates the Indy ref 2 calls. May just make Sturgeon more reticent about holding it though!

Rudolf's Mate

Hopefully it's worse than even the exit polls suggest. Conservative/SNP coalition?

If the Exit Poll is correct and the SNP have lost 22 seats, I think you'll find it's the exact opposite and the Tories will have taken a good number of them

The ignominy of Scottish seats propping up a Tory government.

deesidejambo

Very nice it is too [emoji106]

Glenfiddich Rich Oak for me.

Im going to get wasted.     You persuaded me to vote SNP.

Then you say I should have voted Tory because a Tory landslide is best.

Now I get neither.

Now Nicola has to proceed with Indy2 with dwindling support. 

deesidejambo

The only reason the Tories are doing well is because Nicola bloody called Indy2.   Otherwise they would be wiped out.

It looks like Corbyn will be the only winner tonight, Tories not getting anywhere near the seats they expected and the SNP wrongly calling for an indyref2, but timing by the parties and thier advisors.

ToadKiller Dog

Going to be an interesting night ahead .

Lots of close calls could be many recounts .

Space Mackerel

Glenfiddich Rich Oak for me.

Im going to get wasted. You persuaded me to vote SNP.

Then you say I should have voted Tory because a Tory landslide is best.

Now I get neither.

Now Nicola has to proceed with Indy2 with dwindling support.

12 year old Balvennie double cask here. Probably pass out and laugh at 7am the morn.

SwindonJambo

I'd really love it if we beat them

DB090ckXcAM2aPt.jpg

That's funny btw and very well done :) I'm stunned. Tbqh , May took the electorate for granted and has earned herself a well deserved slap in the face. I think she has to go. I have no time for Corbyn whatsoever but outside the festherbedded elite of society, people are pissed off with low or no wage increases and inflation impoverishing them while those at the top get inflation busting increases. People need an outlet to vent their spleen and Corbyn is picking up support from there. I'm far from impressed with his plans though.

Fascinating election and it will be interesting to see the final figures. May is a lame duck and it's self inflicted and well deserved.

I think a deal will be done with either the Lib Dems or Ulster Unionisfs to crawl over the line led by a New Tory Leader.

And unfortunately Corbyn will remain in post :(

deesidejambo

12 year old Balvennie double cask here. Probably pass out and laugh at 7am the morn.

Och well.  I have 50 quid on the Tories winning Aberdeen South and also I got a gam.

But what will Nicola do now?   Go ahead with Indy2 regardless?

Is it really important how many SNP seats there are in Westminster? (As long as it's not Tories that replace them).

Space Mackerel

Och well. I have 50 quid on the Tories winning Aberdeen South and also I got a gam.

But what will Nicola do now? Go ahead with Indy2 regardless?

Long night ahead but Brexit talks start in next 9 days or something.

Everything could change.

deesidejambo

Is it really important how many SNP seats there are in Westminster? (As long as it's not Tories that replace them).

But its because Nicola called Indy2 that the Tories are getting them.   She needs a slap.

It's not that vital. As you say, the vital thing is where they go. It could transpire that a very small number go Tory and get them to crawl over the line.

Adam Murray

So, after a poor campaign by May, and the gamble not paying off, will she resign to be replaced by another 'un-elected PM'...........and round and round we go!!

SwindonJambo

That would be proper mental Boris! But nothing would shock me now. I think there may well be a few more surprises to come yet.

Sooperstar

Hopefully it's worse than even the exit polls suggest. Conservative/SNP coalition?

Behave yourself.

SNP could fare a bit better than 34 and lose none to the Tories, maybe meaning this could be even more catastrophic for May.

Could mean another GE not that long down the road .

I don't think so, I think the Tories will lick thier wounds for as long as possible, don't think they'll go near anothe GE with a barge pole!!!! May will survive and lead untill after the next GE in four years, no one will want anther Leadership contest then another GE, heads will be kept down for a good while.

Adam Murray

I'm pretty sure if, and it may still happen, the SNP were to only lose a couple of seats, keeping themselves in the 50 plus margin, The First Minister and her supporters would be saying it was a 'clear mandate for Indyref2', and we may have even heard/hear the, thrown in the dustbin for now saying of, 'The will of the Scottish people'

Psychedelicropcircle

Pete Wishart projected to lose!

:jjyay:

Great day for Oz eh

Interesting exit poll.

If the SNP has lost so many seats, hopefully they are to labour, even the odd Lib dem, and not the Tories.

Not sure it really deflates the Indy ref 2 calls. May just make Sturgeon more reticent about holding it though!

Mainly Labour, but according to the BBC the exit poll suggesting wins for the Conservatives in Berwickshire, Roxburgh & Selkirk, Dumfries & Galloway, Moray, Perth & North Perthshire and West Aberdeenshire & Kincardine.

BBC just saying Dunbartonshire East and Edinburgh West could be heading for the LDs.

Conservative gains predicted in Wales as well, including Wrexham and Newport East.

Space Mackerel

Pete Wishart projected to lose!

:jjyay:

Strange post from someone who resides on the other side of the world and this constituency matters not a jot to their lives.

Wouldn't she be a busted flush, Dawn?

She maybe, but I think another leadership contest and another GE is what nobody wants now, better off with her than the upset I feel.

Only 10 polling stations in Scotland going towards the exit poll. 34 could be off by a bit.

ToadKiller Dog

I think but could be wrong the samples for the Scottish exit polls are taken from 10 seats ,so their could be variation in different areas .

Looks like a lot of squeaky bums and close calls .

SwindonJambo

So, after a poor campaign by May, and the gamble not paying off, will she resign to be replaced by another 'un-elected PM'...........and round and round we go!!

Could mean another GE not that long down the road .

Agree with both of these posts. It's going to be chaos. Before my time as I was only 7 but we had 2 6 months apart in 1974 which I'm sure some older posters remember well.

Rudolf's Mate

Politics is all about the numbers. :laugh:

I had ?3 in my account and it was the best return I could get [emoji23]

I had ?3 in my account and it was the best return I could get [emoji23]

If the bet doesn't deliver for you I'll send you the price of a pint!  :laugh:

Yeah that is a reasonable synopsis.

Bet you'd never thought you'd say that about me Jonno :laugh4:

Rudolf's Mate

If the bet doesn't deliver for you I'll send you the price of a pint! :laugh:

:profit: [emoji23]

Only 10 polling stations in Scotland going towards the exit poll. 34 could be off by a bit.

Or a lot.

It's predicting 15 Conservative seats in Scotland.

John Curtice reminding people that the 2015 exit poll underestimated the Tory seat haul by 15.

deesidejambo

Agree.  No way can the SNP lose 22 seats.

ToadKiller Dog

Looking like tactical voting in places like Perth helping the Tory party and Moray .

But SNP favorite to hold Banf and Buchan

But again lots of tight calls .

SwindonJambo

Amber Rudd apparently "in trouble" in Hastings and Rye. So we might be getting a new Home Secretary. She got a rough time at her hustings the other night.

If exit polls are correct if even close that's the end of nippy nic and the Indy movement.

Will they accept the result? Not a chance, they'll be in George Square tomorrow with their braveheart battle paint screaming for a GE2017.2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rudolf's Mate

That's a good deal...if the price of the ? hadn't just dropped against the ?.

Uly quids in. :lol:

[emoji23]

Looking like tactical voting in places like Perth helping the Tory party and Moray .

But SNP favorite to hold Banf and Buchan

But again lots of tight calls .

That's going to be part Sturgeon's speech should the SNP lose seats!

ToadKiller Dog

Don't know where he gets the figures but from a post on facebook Bella Caledonia

Seats forecast too close to call [sNP held in 2015]

Aberdeen South, the Conservatives have a 63% chance of victory, Labour has a 11% chance of victory, the SNP has a 26% chance of victory

Airdrie & Shotts, Labour has a 23% chance of victory, the SNP has a 77% chance of victory

Argyll & Bute, the Conservatives have a 4% chance of victory, the Liberal Democrats have a 36% chance of victory, the SNP has a 60% chance of victory

Ayr, Carrick & Cumnock, the Conservatives have a 35% chance of victory, Labour has a 1% chance of victory, the SNP has a 64% chance of victory

Banff & Buchan, the Conservatives have a 25% chance of victory, the SNP has a 75% chance of victory

East Lothian, the Conservatives have a 24% chance of victory, Labour has a 55% chance of victory, the SNP has a 20% chance of victory

Edinburgh East, Labour has a 49% chance of victory, the SNP has a 51% chance of victory

Edinburgh South West, the Conservatives have a 37% chance of victory, Labour has a 27% chance of victory, the SNP has a 36% chance of victory

Fife North East, the Conservatives have a 7% chance of victory, the Liberal Democrats have a 73% chance of victory, the SNP has a 20% chance of victory

Glasgow Central, Labour has a 59% chance of victory, the SNP has a 41% chance of victory

Gordon, the Liberal Democrats have a 51% chance of victory, the SNP has a 49% chance of victory

Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch & Strathspey, the Liberal Democrats have a 48% chance of victory, the SNP has a 52% chance of victory

Kirkcaldy & Cowdenbeath, Labour has a 25% chance of victory, the SNP has a 75% chance of victory

Lanark & Hamilton East, the Conservatives have a 5% chance of victory, Labour has a 16% chance of victory, the SNP has a 79% chance of victory

Ochil & Perthshire South, the Conservatives have a 31% chance of victory, Labour has a 23% chance of victory, the SNP has a 46% chance of victory

Paisley & Renfrewshire North, Labour has a 21% chance of victory, the SNP has a 79% chance of victory

Paisley & Renfrewshire South, Labour has a 54% chance of victory, the SNP has a 46% chance of victory

Renfrewshire East, the Conservatives have a 32% chance of victory, Labour has a 58% chance of victory, the SNP has a 10% chance of victory

Rutherglen & Hamilton West, Labour has a 41% chance of victory, the SNP has a 59% chance of victory

Stirling, the Conservatives have a 56% chance of victory, Labour has a 3% chance of victory, the SNP has a 41% chance of victory

Space Mackerel

If exit polls are correct if even close that's the end of nippy nic and the Indy movement.

Will they accept the result? Not a chance, they'll be in George Square tomorrow with their braveheart battle paint screaming for a GE2017.2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess what, still pro Independence [emoji106]

Archived