General Election

Don Dan

Thinking about a tactical vote to oust that fat cow Cherry from South West. Normally True Blue every day of the week but really torn on what's the best option to bloody the Nats noses! 

Hate how the Union vote's being split like this.

In fact **** it! I couldn't bring myself to vote for any of the rest!

Mon the Tories!!! :whyaretherenounionflagsmilies:

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinking about a tactical vote to oust that fat cow Cherry from South West. Normally True Blue every day of the week but really torn on what's the best option to bloody the Nats noses! 

Charming.

I started off in this thread saying I'd be voting conservative as I felt they'd be best for me and my family. Over the course of the past month I've completely switched and went for labour.

I'm in Edinburgh south and I hope Murray keeps his seat.

Well in, nice one.

Hasselhoff

I'll pish myself silly if Fluffy and Murray are given the boot.

Likewise when Angus Robertson and Pete Wishart lose their seats

Space Mackerel

What a lovely human being you've become.

deesidejambo

I've decided that as this is a Westminster election I voted for the SNP as Calum McCaig is a decent MP and the best person to represent Scotland at Westminster.  Wife and son have done the same.

AlimOzturk

Well, I went today and voted SNP. Hoping for a hung Parliament and Labour have to beg the SNP to go into a coalition to keep the Tories out. The only way SNP will do that is if they guarantee a indy ref2.

Imagine Sturgeon and Corbyn running this country and the seethe it could create

:pleasing:

I think everyone knows it would take a big swing for Yes to win a referendum at present and I dont believe the unionist parties are scared of it.

I do believe, however, that it is the only negative they see for the SNP and the only way they can successfully attack them. Unionists on here keep on about how poor the SNP have been in power, if that was the case then why not use these arguments to attack them? The simple answer is that the SNP have actually done very, very well in power and using peoples fear of/reluctance to another referendum is all the unionists have.

the negative for the SNP is that, in 10 years they've done sod all but bump their gums about Westminster, bedroom tax, freeze on council tax and bus pases. the big decisions economy, health and safety(police) will be a telling list, from polis weegie being a shambles, the health service went over a steep cliff and the economy worse than the rest of the UK 

Space Mackerel

I've decided that as this is a Westminster election I voted for the SNP as Calum McCaig is a decent MP and the best person to represent Scotland at Westminster. Wife and son have done the same.

Knew you would see sense in the end pal. [emoji41]

deesidejambo

Knew you would see sense in the end pal. [emoji41]

Well its Westminster only.        I may convert to Indy if May ****s up Brexit.

Space Mackerel

Well its Westminster only. I may convert to Indy if May ****s up Brexit.

I think you'll be converted to Indy when you see the pigs ear she's going to make of it. That's a given.

HaymarketJambo

Heading up tonight to vote for Joanna Cherry SNP -  Edinburgh South West to keep the Tories out.      

Strachsuit

Voted for the only party that can actually stop this horrific Tory government and their savage cuts; the Labour Party. 

Well, I went today and voted SNP. Hoping for a hung Parliament and Labour have to beg the SNP to go into a coalition to keep the Tories out. The only way SNP will do that is if they guarantee a indy ref2.

Imagine Sturgeon and Corbyn running this country and the seethe it could create

:pleasing:

So it's all just a good laugh eh ?

...a bit disco

Wow.

AlimOzturk

So it's all just a good laugh eh ?

Aii, pretty much.

Politics is laughable and anyone who gets caught up in it all and actually think that a certain party will somehow change their lives for the better need to get a grip. The only person who can do that is yourself.

The modern political landscape is screwed. Corbyn might be a decent guy but he will fail to implement any of manifesto if he somehow manages to win. The Tories are utter detestable.

**** the lot of them. Anything that screws up the system or makes the sheep seethe I find funny.

Charming.

What a lovely human being you've become.

Wow.

You're all very welcome!

:fing10:

Aii, pretty much.

Politics is laughable and anyone who gets caught up in it all and actually think that a certain party will somehow change their lives for the better need to get a grip. The only person who can do that is yourself.

The modern political landscape is screwed. Corbyn might be a decent guy but he will fail to implement any of manifesto if he somehow manages to win. The Tories are utter detestable.

**** the lot of them. Anything that screws up the system or makes the sheep seethe I find funny.

If it's laughable, why vote ?

That would make you a sheep, no ?

I don't think you've thought this one through !

AlimOzturk

If it's laughable, why vote ?

That would make you a sheep, no ?

I don't think you've thought this one through !

It is my Democratic right to vote. How can I moan and bitch about anything if I don't even have a say?

I usually spoil my ballot paper but decided it would be funnier if the scenario I already explained played out.

And...we area all sheep. Go to work, pay your taxes, vote in corrupt politicians to waste said taxes and around and round we go.

Hope i don't ill or injured. Don't think I could handle that scenario under any of the options currently being touted. Jeezo.

Psychedelicropcircle

Stuck a wee X in the keravan gadgies box!

Pans Jambo

Aye because Labour is going to spend spend spend out of whose pockets??

As for sturgeon, she's done nothing but divide the country!!

Aye divide the country. Dont agree with Tories so your divisive. Gid yin.

maroonlegions

Wow.

They are all like that, rude arrogant and all about their self worth , its all about me,me me, and feck the rest, embarrassing .

18342326_1744809658870439_86294621061448

:clock:  :rolleyes:

In Edinburgh west which is a coin flip between the Lib Dems and the SNP. The latter of whom put forward a crook last time out and the former who have the most sensible tax policy out of all the main parties (despite various other issues including a weak, god-bothering leader). LD for me.

deesidejambo

I think you'll be converted to Indy when you see the pigs ear she's going to make of it. That's a given.

Better still.  My neighbours daughter is only 19 and hates the SNP for the University Caps which nailed her so she promised me a blow-job if I vote Tory.  I told her I would and just got the BJ in my kitchen.   Still voted SNP though!   Double result!

10pm or so should be interesting when the exit poll is announced. Tight call... sound of a million bags of popcorn rustling. Big May majority... national grid wattage draw takes a nose dive.

John Findlay

Better still. My neighbours daughter is only 19 and hates the SNP for the University Caps which nailed her so she promised me a blow-job if I vote Tory. I told her I would and just got the BJ in my kitchen. Still voted SNP though! Double result!

You should be a politician.

For telling lies that is.

John Findlay

Better still. My neighbours daughter is only 19 and hates the SNP for the University Caps which nailed her so she promised me a blow-job if I vote Tory. I told her I would and just got the BJ in my kitchen. Still voted SNP though! Double result!

Jambof3tornado

My posts are not contradictory. The SNP are for independence but hardly mention it as there are more important and relevant issues at present.

The unionist parties have tried to dumb down this GE by trying to make independence the only issue for Scotland. Some people are able to see past that, others just swallow it all.

Snp stopped talking about independence as they knew they were losing votes because of it. Doesnt mean its not part of the big plan.

Pans Jambo

Snp stopped talking about independence as they knew they were losing votes because of it. Doesnt mean its not part of the big plan.

Well it has been since they started the party decades ago. Didnt you know aunty May said no referendum as shes too busy with Brexit...unyet she wasnt busy enough it would seem as I was along voting only today!

deesidejambo

All true.

Apparently she has been up and down the street providing a "gams for votes" service.

Space Mackerel

:lol:

Nae need!

Space Mackerel

Choking to vote on something again soon. There's no enough of this.

Me too. All this talk of too much politics and democratic choice is laughable.

Guess it will be Indy Ref 2 next.

For now.. the unpalatable bit. The poll reactions.

Very much looking forward to Mooth shouting about how her 5 Scottish seats is a humungous victory over the SNPs 43.

A holyrood vote will be before indyref2 ever sees the light of day.

Anyone got any objections to the SNP winning a Holyrood majority on a clear referendum manifesto and voting through another bill to have one?

In that scenario... Mooth... we WILL have wanted one and we WILL have asked for one. Oh, and May... we WILL have given "public consent".

Yep and the fact that support for independence has dropped to 39%

Bowmans_Boot

So you are criticising the SNP for talking about issues other than independence? Even though independence isnt a big issue for this election?

You couldnt make it up.

Space Mackerel

For now.. the unpalatable bit. The poll reactions.

Very much looking forward to Mooth shouting about how her 5 Scottish seats is a humungous victory over the SNPs 43.

What'll be will be.

I'm actually hoping for a Tory landslide. That'll make Independence inevitable.

Bowmans_Boot

the negative for the SNP is that, in 10 years they've done sod all but bump their gums about Westminster, bedroom tax, freeze on council tax and bus pases. the big decisions economy, health and safety(police) will be a telling list, from polis weegie being a shambles, the health service went over a steep cliff and the economy worse than the rest of the UK

You would think one of the unionist parties would have picked up on this, no?

I came home from work to a last minute SL flier: it mentioned SNP more than it mentioned Labour. The two main points:

Why I shouldnt vote SNP: they want another, divisive referendum.

Why I should vote SL: they dont want another, divisive referendum.

Space Mackerel

Another scudding for the Yoons [emoji41]

What'll be will be.

I'm actually hoping for a Tory landslide. That'll make Independence inevitable.

Amazing how you've changed your tune...Who told you to start spinning this line...was it Nicky herself or one of her minions?

Please tell us why.....

I came home from work to a last minute SL flier: it mentioned SNP more than it mentioned Labour. The two main points:

They do pick up on it but snp just fire of the usual snp bad/ deflection/Westminster etc

Space Mackerel

Amazing how you've changed your tune...Who told you to start spinning this line...was it Nicky herself or one of her minions?

Please tell us why.....

It's just long term political strategy, think a wee bit outside the box.

I was delighted with the Brexit result too even though I voted to remain.

Sturgeon has crumbled twice under pressure not about indy but her parties performance in 10 years of power both from audience members. Why Davidson did jump on this I don't know. Why Dugdale didn't is even more puzzling given Sturgeon was hold the phone call chat ace up her sleeve. Very poor.

It's just long term political strategy, think a wee bit outside the box.

I was delighted with the Brexit result too even though I voted to remain.

So your now saying you're happy with a Tory win..no in fact want a tory win? Fishy the turncoat would have thought it.

Space Mackerel

So your now saying you're happy with a Tory win..no in fact want a tory win? Fishy the turncoat would have thought it.

Correct. And even though I don't vote Tory and never will, I'll more than likely be better off financially.

It's a no lose situation, 1 step closer to Independence, I can get even more blootered at weekends.

Archived