General Election

Don Dan

I think that's what he was trying to insinuate. :lol:

Shut up you clown away and cuddle your see you Jimmy hat. Muppet.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watt-Zeefuik

If it did come to a hung parliament and the Tories couldn't form a government, and Labour came calling to SNP, what then for the referendum?  Best I can figure is Corbyn would take Indy2 off the table but grant something closer to DevoMax, which I presume Sturgeon would take?

If it did come to a hung parliament and the Tories couldn't form a government, and Labour came calling to SNP, what then for the referendum?  Best I can figure is Corbyn would take Indy2 off the table but grant something closer to DevoMax, which I presume Sturgeon would take?

Both Labour and the SNP have said no coalition and Labour going alone as a minority govt with deals being thrashed out on an issue by issue basis

Thunderstruck

I'll go with 39%. Either way the "landslide" you hope for comes about only because the Unionist parties votes are split leading to fptp handing seats to the SNP.

IndyRef2 here we come then. Latest poll has Yes at 43%.

I suspect that the Tories will still win which is a pity not least because a Labour win would be the beginning of the end for the SNP. Once the anti-Tory protest vote evaporates, they are back to the hardcore Nats - not enough to win any referendum.

It also looks like Sturgeon doesn't expect to win IndyRef2 and is already suggesting that IndyRef3 will not be far behind.

I suspect that the Tories will still win which is a pity not least because a Labour win would be the beginning of the end for the SNP. Once the anti-Tory protest vote evaporates, they are back to the hardcore Nats - not enough to win any referendum.

It also looks like Sturgeon doesn't expect to win IndyRef2 and is already suggesting that IndyRef3 will not be far behind.

She'll nail it on indyref6...that should be around 2024...The will of the people says it's the right thing to do!!

Space Mackerel

Shut up you clown away and cuddle your see you Jimmy hat. Muppet.

Sorry pal, didn't know you had eyes and ears on IS HQ lately. :-/

May. "The police and security services do a GOOD job and THEY will want to learn any lessons".

Says it all. In other words... must do better and they were at fault. By implication, not her.

****ing reptile.

John Findlay

Jeremy Corbyn has changed his mind over whether Theresa May should resign over cuts to police numbers while she was Home Secretary.

The Labour leader this morning said he backed calls from some, including David Cameron?s former strategist Steve Hilton, that the prime minister should quit in the wake of the terror attacks on London Bridge.

However Corbyn later clarified that he did not think May should resign and that people should vote her out of office one June 8.

The choice for the UK as a whole is as bad as the choice the Americans had. Swop Clinton or Trump for Corbyn or May.

Brutal.

Captain Sausage

Good news for the decent left leaning among us. Bad news if yer an inward looking right wing fud.

So it's okay to be a decent left winger who calls anyone from right of center a fud.

What an embarrassment that post is. There are good people on the right, good people on the left. Bad people on the right, bad people on the left.

Divisive pish like that you've posted adds nothing to the topic and, to me at least, serious alienates people in the center.

Captain Sausage

The choice for the UK as a whole is as bad as the choice the Americans had. Swop Clinton or Trump for Corbyn or May.

Brutal.

We've got it worse. Neither of ours has body slammed someone at Wrestlemania...

JC could pull it off, with a finisher like The People's (nationalized) elbow.

TM could have the Stone Cold Strong and Stable Stunner.

There are some vote winners.

Geoff the Mince

Yawn

Snake Fish is to be ignored ,

Probably catching up on Infowars as we speak .

:thumbsup: a troll.

Space Mackerel

What's wrong with laughing at his absurdity of predicting when the next IS attack is here?

maroonlegions

So this Tory mantra of "Strong and Stable" and  not forgetting that beauty that appealed so much to the gullible who voted them in last time of  "in it together" takes on a more sinister meaning from the info below.

Seems the "strong and stable" and "in it together" election rally cries  are really for the upper reaches of the rich in our society , no fecking way did they really mean for ALL. or the less well off.  :laugh4:

Anyone who thinks that we all are in it together and would be strong and stable from a caring strong and stable  Tory government really need to wake up to their bullshite and clever manipulated lies and spins. 

That a party would allow a woman of no real moral or caring attributes in her nature   make 9 u turns from a manifesto that fails on just about every level of what anyone would recognise as a caring, fair and  in it together society is damning in its self.

NHS sell offs seem to be manifesting and once again the Tories lie and deceive the public. 

Their true motives in regards to the NHS and public services are getting more transparent.

The list of NHS related services up for private tenure is fecking scary.

They are taking the utter james hunt out of us.

We are being lied too time and time again by these public asset strippers, the thieves are well and truly  in deep with their snouts in the public trough , w******. 

More reasons to vote this bunch of traitors out. They've sold our country and its infrastructure to their pals. Disgusting people not fit to be called British! Shame on them

THECANARY.CO

Here is just a sample below, the list is long.

Completed Transactions;

Report Date: 16th March 2017

Completed Date Property Address Zone Contracted Sales Price (?m) Site Area (Ha) Tenure;

01/04/16 Edge Hill Health Centre Liverpool, L7 5QL North West ?303,457.80 0.138 Freehold
21/04/16 St James Hospital (Light & Gleave Site) Locksway Road, Southsea, Portsmouth, PO4 8LD South East ?2,200,000.00 1.231 Freehold
25/04/16 Pershore Cottage Hospital Defford Road, Pershore, WR10 1HZ West Midlands ?125,000.00 0.140 Freehold
28/04/16 Dalton Health Centre Rotherham, S65 8PX North Central ?57,468.04 0.193 Freehold
28/04/16 Dalton Health Centre - Land Rotherham, S65 8PX North Central ?- 0.146 Freehold
28/04/16 Upton Clinic Weston Grove, Upton, Chester, CH2 1QJ North West ?268,000.00 0.091 Freehold

28/04/16 Holly Hall Clinic Dudley, DY1 2ER West Midlands ?260,477.04 0.120 Freehold
28/04/16 Poltair Hospital Penzance, TR20 8SR South West ?500,624.10 0.914 Freehold
28/04/16 Land at Jubilee House Bloxwich Lane, Walsall, WS2 7JL West Midlands ?17,500.00 0.021 Freehold
05/05/16 Alcester Hospital Priory Road, Alcester, B49 5DZ West Midlands ?1,400,000.00 0.647 Freehold
11/05/16 Pennfields Upper Zoar Street, Wolverhampton, WV3 0JH West Midlands ?375,000.00 0.260 Freehold
02/06/16 Collier Row Clinic Hulse Avenue, Romford, RM7 8NS London ?475,605.40 0.078 Freehold
02/06/16 Suttons Drive Suttons Drive, Birmingham, B43 7BB West Midlands ?570,543.14 0.265 Freehold

What's wrong with laughing at his absurdity of predicting when the next IS attack is here?

It was an observation about how change can create perceived weakness. Now off you trot back to your caravan and your blow up Nicola doll.

Space Mackerel

It was an observation about how change can create perceived weakness. Now off you trot back to your caravan and your blow up Nicola doll.

You mean your imagination got the better of you for a moment?

maroonlegions

A wee heads here in regards to postal voting.

This caught my attention..

The postal vote is administered by a Company owned by Peter Lilley. Ex Tory Cabinet Minister. :laugh4: 

250,000 postal voting forms were missing in the 2015 GE. :laugh4: 

Could not make that up. 

In it together eh.. :laugh4:  

What you need to do if your postal vote has gone missing

Plymouth residents whose postal vote forms have not arrived will still be able to vote - but only if they can attend the council offices in person before Thursday. That's the advice issued by the...
PLYMOUTHHERALD.CO.UK

:laugh4:

Geoff the Mince

I take it Sturgeon doesn't have a change of clothes ?

maroonlegions

May is all over the place and totally desperate , making things up now. :laugh4:

A  viewer has made a formal complaint to police about Theresa May's comments concerning Diane Abbott, which the Tory leader made during the BBC's Question Time special.

The comments - that Abbott planned to wipe the DNA records of 'criminals and terrorists' from police databases - were without foundation and making a false statement about a candidate during an election period is a criminal offence under section 106 of the Representation of the People Act 1983.

An offence that can result in disqualification from public office, as well as leading to criminal penalties. :laugh4:

The Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) had originally advised the complainant to report the matter to North Yorkshire Police, as the comments were made from a studio in York.

Now, in a remarkable turnaround, :laugh4:  the MPS has decided that it will take on the case. :laugh4:

A response from the MPS' 'SCO1 Special Investigations Team' confirms a case reference to the complaint and states that it is taking the allegations 'very seriously'.

A formal statement from the Met has been requested.

May underestimating the harm and just how much she has  pissed  off the police with her cuts and under-funding ,maybe, hope so.. :laugh4:  

May is all over the place and totally desperate , making things up now. :laugh4:

A viewer has made a formal complaint to police about Theresa May's comments concerning Diane Abbott, which the Tory leader made during the BBC's Question Time special.

The comments - that Abbott planned to wipe the DNA records of 'criminals and terrorists' from police databases - were without foundation and making a false statement about a candidate during an election period is a criminal offence under section 106 of the Representation of the People Act 1983.

An offence that can result in disqualification from public office, as well as leading to criminal penalties. :laugh4:

The Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) had originally advised the complainant to report the matter to North Yorkshire Police, as the comments were made from a studio in York.

Now, in a remarkable turnaround, :laugh4: the MPS has decided that it will take on the case. :laugh4:

A response from the MPS' 'SCO1 Special Investigations Team' confirms a case reference to the complaint and states that it is taking the allegations 'very seriously'.

A formal statement from the Met has been requested.

May underestimating the harm and just how much she has pissed off the police with her cuts and under-funding ,maybe, hope so.. :laugh4:

This crying wolf must stop. Let them bite like wolves.

You mean your imagination got the better of you for a moment?

At least I've got an imagination. Can't imagine someone as boring as you could possibly have such a thing.

Space Mackerel

At least I've got an imagination. Can't imagine someone as boring as you could possibly have such a thing.

I'm imagining a day when Scotland is an independent country and we can break from this neo liberal route we are ever going down and set up something more progressive instead.

Geoff the Mince

I'm imagining a day when Scotland is an independent country and we can break from this neo liberal route we are ever going down and set up something more progressive instead.

Never going to happen .

Suck it up Snake Fish .

Space Mackerel

Never going to happen .

Suck it up Snake Fish .

Mince by name.

Mince for brains.

Jambos_1874

Watching yet another debate on STV. Dugdale is about as unconvincing as Corbyn; really not leader material. Sturgeon has been on the back foot quite a bit in recent debates; not often she looks uncomfortable. Rennie and Davidson generally seem to perform well.

On a side note I just found out Dugdale is a Hibee!!!

Thousands of postal votes gone missing in an area that contains several key marginal seats

:conspiracy:

Watt-Zeefuik

Watching yet another debate on STV. Dugdale is about as unconvincing as Corbyn; really not leader material. Sturgeon has been on the back foot quite a bit in recent debates; not often she looks uncomfortable. Rennie and Davidson generally seem to perform well.

At a guess the SNP had a planned closing argument of "we're the best stand against the Tories."  Labour's surge has flanked them -- they don't want to turn on Labour but hard to argue SNP are the only alternative when suddenly Labour has an outside shot at a plurality.

Space Mackerel

Another debate, another mish mash of Devolved and Westminster issues getting discussed.

gashauskis9

SNP getting it tight and rightfully so. Scotland is waking up to the fact that she's doing feck all with her devolved powers. They're on a downward spiral and they know it. If IndyRef 2 happens it will be a massacre for them. How long before Eck steps in to spare her blushes again?

Rennie doing well tonight. I fancy the Libs to have a good night on Thursday.

Jambos_1874

Another debate, another mish mash of Devolved and Westminster issues getting discussed.

Yeah, it really is so confused and doesn't really adequately address the main issues at hand. I'm dead against Scottish independence but I am sick of hearing the pro-Union parties banging on about it.

I wasn't actually fully aware of how bad the SNPs track record in government was until this election. Really hope that they're voted out even though there's no chance.

SNP getting it tight and rightfully so. Scotland is waking up to the fact that she's doing feck all with her devolved powers. They're on a downward spiral and they know it. If IndyRef 2 happens it will be a massacre for them. How long before Eck steps in to spare her blushes again?

Except that Darth Mooth insists on both decrying the SNP for not excercising devolved tax raising powers, even though they have, as well as spouting that Scotland must not become the highest taxed area of the UK.

That's not opposition. It's deceitful double talk.

Space Mackerel

NS is the First Minister of Scotland, this is to elect a PM.

The Yoons will be all out of bluster come Indy 2 if they are not careful.

Lib Dems are on 6% of a percentage of UK vote last I heard.

gashauskis9

Except that Darth Mooth insists on both decrying the SNP for not excercising devolved tax raising powers, even though they have, as well as spouting that Scotland must not become the highest taxed area of the UK.

That's not opposition. It's deceitful double talk.

Quite perilous up here sadly, it's a feckin shambles.

gashauskis9

Eh?

Are you happy with what's on offer in the way of Scottish representation on that stage?

Kim Jong May promising to rip up human rights again because pesky things like Habeas Corpus are stopping her from locking up anybody she sees fit, without charge, evidence or trial.

You know what would be better?

Funding the existing security services properly. They have all the tools they need. They just need to be able to gather evidence and build cases faster and that means more bodies and more money.

Kim Jong May promising to rip up human rights again because pesky things like Habeas Corpus are stopping her from locking up anybody she sees fit, without charge, evidence or trial.

You know what would be better?

Funding the existing security services properly. They have all the tools they need. They just need to be able to gather evidence and build cases faster and that means more bodies and more money.

Correct. But we keep being told it's not about numbers and money... by the people who ****ed up the numbers and money.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Thousands of postal votes gone missing in an area that contains several key marginal seats

:conspiracy:

I blame the posties. Too busy cutting and pasting things on here.

Uh-oh. Baroness Shami is on newsnight and the subject is human rights. Minefield for Shami.

Shami performs well. On the other hand, Dominic Grieve has let the cat out of the bag that May's human rights laws changes are not needed and that suspects can be detained indefinitely within the framework of the law already.

Makes one wonder why May is promising necessary human rights laws changes. No it doesn't... it's yet another sleight of hand.

Shami performs well. On the other hand, Dominic Grieve has let the cat out of the bag that May's human rights laws changes are not needed and that suspects can be detained indefinitely within the framework of the law already.

Makes one wonder why May is promising necessary human rights laws changes. No it doesn't... it's yet another sleight of hand.

She's been banging that drum since the HRA was enacted.

She should pick up a history book. Those rights in the European Convention of Human Rights, which the Human Rights Act gives effect to in the legal jurisdictions of the UK, were a foreign policy victory for the post-war British government if Winston Churchill.

Bloody thing was practically written by his Home Secretary, David Maxwell-Fyfe. A Scottish lawyer, who practiced in the English courts and had prosecuted Nazis at Nuremburg.

But no. Three mad men in a van and a nut job in a concert venue mean we should disavow one of the UK's greatest post-war achievements.

If people hadn't been fed nostalgic, "standing alone", better times behind us, right-wing bullshit from the Sun, the Mail and the Express for the past 30 years this would be laughed out. She'd never have had a sniff of power.

I hope to whatever benevolent forces left in this world she gets beaten on Thrusday night. Britain and its people deserve better than "UK-A-OK brought to you by Dacre & Co".

SwindonJambo

Uh-oh. Baroness Shami is on newsnight and the subject is human rights. Minefield for Shami.

Ah - that'll be Baroness Whitewash-Hypocrite of Harrow with her oh so fair and thorough investigation into anti-Semitism in the Labour Party and her opposition to Grammar schools for being socially divisive even though she sends her own son to fee paying Dulwich College.

I have no time or respect whatsoever for that 2 faced self serving little shit. Corbyn appointed her to carry out the enquiry and rewarded her with a place in the Lords as a Labour peer, months after she joined the party and after giving him the enquiry outcome he wanted. Gives me the boak.

Ah - that'll be Baroness Whitewash-Hypocrite of Harrow with her oh so fair and thorough investigation into anti-Semitism in the Labour Party and her opposition to Grammar schools for being socially divisive even though she sends her own son to fee paying Dulwich College.

I have no time or respect whatsoever for that 2 faced self serving little shit. Corbyn appointed her to carry out the enquiry and rewarded her with a place in the Lords as a Labour peer, months after she joined the party and after giving him the enquiry outcome he wanted. Gives me the boak.

Whilst, at the end of the day, she's been tarred by the Labour elevation to the Lords and so on. She has been a voice of light on human rights in Britain for many many years. She was an excellent director of Liberty as well.

If we are to have a choice between a descent into a Tory designed pull out of the HRA and ECHR or a Corbyn government with her as Attorney General standing up for those bits of paper, I'll pick her everyday of the week.

This really is a choice between small, narrowminded Dacreism and something more normal, more in line with our neighbouring EU nations.

May is as much a risk, as are her cabinet disciples of laissez faire free markets, small stater backstabbers as any Corbyn government.

SwindonJambo

Whilst, at the end of the day, she's been tarred by the Labour elevation to the Lords and so on. She has been a voice of light on human rights in Britain for many many years. She was an excellent director of Liberty as well.

If we are to have a choice between a descent into a Tory designed pull out of the HRA and ECHR or a Corbyn government with her as Attorney General standing up for those bits of paper, I'll pick her everyday of the week.

This really is a choice between small, narrowminded Dacreism and something more normal, more in line with our neighbouring EU nations.

May is as much a risk, as are her cabinet disciples of laissez faire free markets, small stater backstabbers as any Corbyn government.

The Tories will limp to a small majority, bin May and hopefully Labour will bin Corbyn and his acolytes and rebuild. I will then feel comfortable voting Labour again. If Labour even had a Kinnock or Smith type leader (not really 'New Labour' types) I reckon that would be enough to win. I voted for Kinnock in '92. I will never be a slave to any party.

Archived