General Election

Don Dan

Space Mackerel

Does that invalidate what she said?

She brought up a matter that's Devolved, this is a GE for down South.

Everything she said is invalidated. She may well have asked what colour of carpet the FM has in her living room.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Space Mackerel

and again when it suits, MSM is fine and dandy with spaced oot.

he doesn't half get roond the red tops for someone who doesn't read the MSM.

Thought that paper would be on your level of intellect, that's why I used it ;)

Thought that paper would be on your level of intellect, that's why I used it ;)

what you mean is, your a 2 faced **** and anything you say/print isn't worth tuppence, "this reply has no childish smiley"

Any particular reason why the sub human piece of filth that is Diane Abbott continually goes under the radar? She could potentially be one of the most important people in UK politics in the next few weeks.  Her clear contempt for all things British, her complete disregard for national security and her continual distasteful and inappropriate comments  (all through her career) seem to always be brushed under the carpet.  Is she untouchable because of who and what she is? 

Space Mackerel

what you mean is, your a 2 faced **** and anything you say/print isn't worth tuppence, "this reply has no childish smiley"

Charming! :-/

Space Mackerel

JC taking part in tonight's debate

:jjyay:

Kim Jong May back in hiding

Strong and stabley bricking it.

Charming! :-/

It's amazing how you are around today. Yet yesterday when your hero released her manifesto you were on your boat or some other coincidental activity. Hiding until someone who understood it wrote some replies you could use I suspect.

Space Mackerel

Just think you could end up with a Tory/SNP coalition :ninja:

Just imagine the meltdowns on here :lol:

Thunderstruck

She brought up a matter that's Devolved, this is a GE for down South.

Everything she said is invalidated. She may well have asked what colour of carpet the FM has in her living room.

Another useful deflection tactic but, if it is a devolved matter, why did Sturgeon even answer let alone agree with her about the pay issue.

I think you need to adjust your radar.

Lovely way to describe someone who you don't agree with as well.

I don't agree with anyone in the Labour Party but she is the only one I talk in that way about (sometimes Corbyn) so that blows what you said right out the water.  I talk like that about her as I find her utterly vile and I see her as a serious risk to our national security.

She seems to support anyone and everything that is not the United Kingdom and she seems to be very relaxed in playing the 'race' card which I find utterly despicable. 

Space Mackerel

Another useful deflection tactic but, if it is a devolved matter, why did Sturgeon even answer let alone agree with her about the pay issue.

Why don't you ask NS? How am I to know?

Just imagine the meltdowns on here :lol:

Funny as feck, albeit disastrous for the UK as a whole.

Space Mackerel

Funny as feck, albeit disastrous for the UK as a whole.

2 or 3 progressive party's leading the UK out a an economic catastrophe and a right wing ultra neo liberal authoritarian future?

Hardly disastrous. :)

ToadKiller Dog

Just think you could end up with a Tory/SNP coalition :ninja:

Would be interesting if the Tory spivs offered the SNP a referendum unhindered and at the time of holyroods choice and most of their wishes for Europe . for if not coalition at least propping them up and Labour refused the referendum as Dugdale seems to passionately want .

I wonder if they would be tempted .

My main point was that you think she has been 'under the radar', well I am saying this is not the case. I couldn't care less what you call her, your agressive posting style is your choice.

On Diane Abbott - I would be very surprised if she ever ends up Home Secretary, even if Corbyn becomes PM, if she does it won't be for long. As to the race card, I am not that surprised that she would feel the need to play it as I am pretty sure she wil have encountered plenty of racism in her time.

The only person I am seeing right now (31st May 2017) who has a problem with skin colour is Diane Abbott.

SwindonJambo

Would be interesting if the Tory spivs offered the SNP a referendum unhindered and at the time of holyroods choice and most of their wishes for Europe . for if not coalition at least propping them up and Labour refused the referendum as Dugdale seems to passionately want .

I wonder if they would be tempted .

There is absolutely no chance of a Tory/SNP coalition. I doubt if the Lib Dems would hook up with them again either. I think they'd govern as a minority after binning May as leader then there would be yet another GE in 6 months under a new leader. I'll repeat again that the Tories ought to have walked this election but May is making a complete arse of herself and is missing an open unguarded goal from 2 yards. The Peter Van Vossen of politics.

2 or 3 progressive party's leading the UK out a an economic catastrophe and a right wing ultra neo liberal authoritarian future?

Hardly disastrous. :)

It's a shame you've not read the SNP manifesto not sure we're seeing a sound economic recovery plan from wishy washy.

Any welcome back from your boat.

SwindonJambo

Teresa May still saying "strong and stable"

More than once

One of several ways in which she is doing herself no favours at all. She's rapidly becoming a caricature of herself. I've historically been a Labour voter, but the idea of a Corbyn-Abbot-McDonnell government scares the shit out of me. Look out for the pound taking a big hit on the exchange markets if it happens.

Labour has come under fire for its manifesto pledge to replace council tax with a Land Value Tax (LVT), which would hit people with gardens the hardest. I wonder if anyone will tackle him on this tonight?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Labour has come under fire for its manifesto pledge to replace council tax with a Land Value Tax (LVT), which would hit people with gardens the hardest. I wonder if anyone will tackle him on this tonight?

LVT is a good idea. Land can't move, unlike labour and capital.

LVT is a good idea. Land can't move, unlike labour and capital.

True but people are concerned how it would affect what they currently pay.

'The Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR) has said the LVT might become a ?tax on gardens?, which could tempt homeowners to sell off gardens to lower their bills.

The IPPR warns that there will be ?many losers? and the tax ?might push some heavily mortgaged homeowners over the edge?.

Land Value Tax would be tax on the rental value of land, not counting houses or any other structures built on it.

This means that homeowners with gardens and farmers with agricultural land could see bills rise but those in flats without gardens could pay less."

Space Mackerel

Labour has come under fire for its manifesto pledge to replace council tax with a Land Value Tax (LVT), which would hit people with gardens the hardest. I wonder if anyone will tackle him on this tonight?

Sounds like you've just finished reading another Daily Mail story?

Sounds like you've just finished reading another Daily Mail story?

Your a first class muppet with a one eyed view on anyone who doesnt agree with you and WoS.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/29/tax-homes-treble-labour-plans-land-value-tax/

http://www.hortweek.com/labour-manifesto-garden-tax-concerns-raised/parks-and-gardens/article/1434977

Broaden your horizons eh

labour-land-value-tax-manifesto-general-election-2017-jeremy-corbyn-john-mcdonnell-a7738766.html

SwindonJambo

Someone, somewhere is going to have to pay more tax.

Oddly enough:). Because everything costs money. I hate it when Governments of any hue say things are 'free'. Because they really aren't and encourage a grab all attitude. It always costs someone money. We still have a fiscal deficit so taxes will have ro rise sooner or later as our National Debt is mental.

True but people are concerned how it would affect what they currently pay.

'The Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR) has said the LVT might become a ?tax on gardens?, which could tempt homeowners to sell off gardens to lower their bills.

The IPPR warns that there will be ?many losers? and the tax ?might push some heavily mortgaged homeowners over the edge?.

Land Value Tax would be tax on the rental value of land, not counting houses or any other structures built on it.

This means that homeowners with gardens and farmers with agricultural land could see bills rise but those in flats without gardens could pay less."

All sounds good to me

Space Mackerel

Apologies the more mature readers Tory supporting paper, The Telegraph.

Sounds like a good idea.

http://www.landvaluetax.org/what-is-lvt/

Rudolf's Mate

Offt a bit harsh.

Maroon Sailor

Someone, somewhere is going to have to pay more tax.

Well it's not going to be the dregs of society who are too fecking lazy to get off their arses and pay their way

AlimOzturk

I can live with this result.

3eccc6a4892add9ca854aa24737eb434.png

Hmmm I can't. Really sickens me how any scot can vote Tory up here after what they did to this country. Honestly, how can they live with themselves.

This is a party who used our country as a test pilot for poll tax, who shut down our coal mines and ruined our industry and unions. Who want to privatise the NHS.

DxB Hearts

The sooner Scotland has some sort of credible opposition to the SNP that Tory vote will disappear.

In a strange sort of way the complete collapse of Scottish Labour has been a bit of a pain for the Sturgeon.

Personally I'd vote for them over anyone else but that's mainly to do with a lack of opposition. A more central party who also support independence and they'd get a lot of votes in today's climate in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

The sooner Scotland has some sort of credible opposition to the SNP that Tory vote will disappear.

In a strange sort of way the complete collapse of Scottish Labour has been a bit of a pain for the Sturgeon.

Personally I'd vote for them over anyone else but that's mainly to do with a lack of opposition. A more central party who also support independence and they'd get a lot of votes in today's climate in my opinion.

If the Tories disappear then Sturgeon would have absolutely nothing to talk about. She is utterly obsessed with them ? bordering on psychotic.  She is a strange little fella.

51/2/2/4

SNP collapsing! rule brittania

:rofl:

Not getting any bigger though Cade.  This is essential if you are to achieve your dream.

Up yez!

DxB Hearts

If the Tories disappear then Sturgeon would have absolutely nothing to talk about. She is utterly obsessed with them ? bordering on psychotic. She is a strange little fella.

I think that's because she has to - if someone gave her something half decent to argue against apart from just being a Tory I think it would actually help her.

But she is a little odd.

AlimOzturk

Not getting any bigger though Cade. This is essential if you are to achieve your dream.

Up yez!

Your no happy because may and the Tories are crumbling

Up yez

Your no happy because may and the Tories are crumbling

Up yez

Not so sure I see where you get that.  They have not been as popular in Scotland for decades and are certain to win the election. You need to stop listening to the wee felly.

Report on terrorism funding may never be published, admit Home Office.

The report is thought to point out that Saudi Arabia funds mosques in the UK who radicalise young men with their Wahabi doctrine.

:whistling:

AlimOzturk

Not so sure I see where you get that. They have not been as popular in Scotland for decades and are certain to win the election. You need to stop listening to the wee felly.

Nothings certain

And as other have said, Tories gains in Scotland will short lived as soon as Scottish labour get their act together.

Space Mackerel

Hmmm I can't. Really sickens me how any scot can vote Tory up here after what they did to this country. Honestly, how can they live with themselves.

This is a party who used our country as a test pilot for poll tax, who shut down our coal mines and ruined our industry and unions. Who want to privatise the NHS.

Torys haven't gone up that much, don't listen to all the bluster on here and the MSM Yoon hacks.

8cb7a5e6c536842f41a4a016bba26bed.png

deesidejambo

Torys haven't gone up that much, don't listen to all the bluster on here and the MSM Yoon hacks.

8cb7a5e6c536842f41a4a016bba26bed.png

This doesn't account for the tactical voting that will go on.

Also SNP at 43% will do me fine.  Farewell Indy!

Space Mackerel

This doesn't account for the tactical voting that will go on.

Also SNP at 43% will do me fine. Farewell Indy!

So much for your 33%. That'll be your area that's Troo Bloo up there?

deesidejambo

So much for your 33%. That'll be your area that's Troo Bloo up there?

Aberdeen South will go Tory due to tactical voting.     I put 50 quid on it.

Space Mackerel

Aberdeen South will go Tory due to tactical voting. I put 50 quid on it.

You haven't got ?50.

Archived