General Election

Don Dan

Geoff Kilpatrick

So, Jeremy Corbyn is bad because:

A] He refuses to take part in a world-ending, open-ended exchange of nuclear weapons.

B] He helped bring about the end of the 30 year civil war in Northern Ireland.

Right.

Gotcha.

Corbyn did the square root of feck all in Northern Ireland, except suck Gerry Adams root.

And would you mind telling me where this "civil war" took place, you ignoramus?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim Jong May being her usual evasive, bullshitting self tonight

Quite an apt description given that we learned tonight that May's UK Government are giving North Korea money so that they can fire nuclear weapons at Corbyn's UK, just to force him to PRESS THE BUTTON!. Not only that, that poor woman's story about her husband being thrown out of the country because he was overqualified, we're throwing out intellectuals. When did we turn into Cambodia?

Seymour M Hersh

This format was better. Seeing politicans being grilled by ordinary punters is a better gauge of their character. Put them together and they'll invariably try to shout each other down.

May never says much or gives away anything. That seems to be her thing. Corbyn is great with sound bites and rabble rousing. When he gets asked a question about his past, he shits himself.

That's because his past is his present and his future. That's one leopard that definitely won't change his spots regarding extremists and his support for them. I also wonder what has happened to the once very vocal and overt supporters momentum and the Unions? Both gone very quiet recently. Thing is they're the ones who'll be pulling the strings in Downing Street if Corbyn ever got elected. So why are we not hearing their manifestos? Is it because they're even further left than the back to the 60's Labour one?

Maroon Sailor

So, Jeremy Corbyn is bad because:

A] He refuses to take part in a world-ending, open-ended exchange of nuclear weapons.

B] He helped bring about the end of the 30 year civil war in Northern Ireland.

Right.

Gotcha.

You would make a good character in a Harry Enfield sketch.

A. Won't answer a simple Yes or No on using Nuclear Weapons

B. Wrong !

Get it now. ?

Well, that's my decision made...the primary quality I've always looked for in a Prime Minister, would they press the nuclear launch button!

Doesn't matter if i'm already dead from an initial nuclear attack...all I NEED to know is if my Prime Minister would launch a counter strike and wipe out Millions of other people.

Jesus, I honestly despair...some people really are halfwits.

ToadKiller Dog

It is mental Corbyn Condemned for not singling out IRA killings are wrong ( he condemned all killings as wrong ) and condemned for not wanting to initiate a first strike killing likely millions of not ending the human race .

The mentality of the Tory Spivs mind is just crazy bat shit .

The guy worrying about a non existing threat of a direct nuclear attack by North Korea or Iran on the UK , up there in the fantasy land along with Bliars 35 minutes from Iraq attack .

There was no answer that Corbyn could have given to somebody with that outlook which would have pleased him .

...a bit disco

Well, that's my decision made...the primary quality I've always looked for in a Prime Minister, would they press the nuclear launch button!

Doesn't matter if i'm already dead from an initial nuclear attack...all I NEED to know is if my Prime Minister would launch a counter strike and wipe out Millions of other people.

:laugh:

It was a bit Dr Strangelove last night, that's for sure!

Captain Sausage

I really don't get it either. Didn't think Corbyn said anything particularly wrong on this.

I think the Conservatives would be better focusing on why people should vote for them, rather than why people shouldn't vote for Labour.

This whole era of grievance politics is an embarrassment and does a real disservice to democracy.

Edit - I should add that while I wholly disagree with his policies, I do respect Corbyn for focusing on why people should vote for him, not not vote for the Tories. His shadow cabinet on the other hand...

AlphonseCapone

Exactly mate. Bunch of old, right-wing nutjobs desperate to know that someone would murder millions of people.

Tell me you'd kill them all Jeremy or I'll not vote for you!

If they were Americans we'd all be mocking them.

Far be it from me to champion the Loony Left, but.......if Corbyn pulls this off will it be the first victory in modern times achieved without backing from Murdoch or the MSM ? Including up here actually.

There's something rather appealing about that.

One extremely valid point on the ridiculous nuke debate was completely brushed aside...

what's the point in spending billions on it if we're never going to use it. It's hardly a deterrent when the guy with his finger on the button won't actually press it first. See these pesky nukes are bit feckin pointless if you wait for one to hit before launching yours!

I don't particularly like discussing politics.

All I will say is that the two leaders on display last night are a pair of shifty arseholes who, when pressed on certain issues, floundered badly.

As were the seven other clowns during the shoutfest a few days ago.

And no doubt will be the same on Sunday with Sturgeon and whoever else is appearing.

If Sturgeons performance last night on the STV leaders debate was anything to go by then she's going to get ripped on this version.

Roxy Hearts

I really don't get where people are coming from re May being crap at debates. All we've really got to go on is her performances in PMQ's and tbh she's battered Corbyn in them.

On the back of those I'd have said Corbyn would have struggled. Regardless I'm shocked she's still refusing to do one.

Not appearing was a tactic however it's looking like that's backfiring and she needs to change if she wants to turn things around.

Question for some SNP voters. If the polls show the lead is being cut even further closer to voting. Would anyone vote Labour in order to try and oust the Tories?

I wouldn't vote Labour again. We voted to stay on this rotten union so just get on with it as that's what no voters wanted.

Rudolf's Mate

I wouldn't vote Labour again. We voted to stay on this rotten union so just get on with it as that's what no voters wanted.

I can't vote SNP down here and a vote for Lib Dems, Greens & so on is a wasted vote. That leaves Tories or Labour.

As I live in York, I'm in the same boat myself...but I'd categorically never vote for the Tories.

I'd feel like a Scottish Uncle Tom if I ever voted for that lot...how anyone in our country (never mind the rest of the UK), that doesn't earn a significant salary would consider voting for that party is beyond me.

And note...I'd be financially better off voting Tory personally, but prefer to look at the bigger picture.

I honestly cannot understand how working class people vote for them...turkeys voting for Christmas!

SwindonJambo

As I live in York, I'm in the same boat myself...but I'd categorically never vote for the Tories.

I'd feel like a Scottish Uncle Tom if I ever voted for that lot...how anyone in our country (never mind the rest of the UK), that doesn't earn a significant salary would consider voting for that party is beyond me.

And note...I'd be financially better off voting Tory personally, but prefer to look at the bigger picture.

I honestly cannot understand how working class people vote for them...turkeys voting for Christmas!

I doubt I could ever bring myself to vote Tory, but I can't stand Corbyn either. But one thing I will never do is harbour a grudge against anyone for their choice. My vote is my choice and theirs is theirs too. I have family members who vote Tory and it changes nothing. They're still family.

Captain Sausage

I doubt I could ever bring myself to vote Tory, but I can't stand Corbyn either. But one thing I will never do is harbour a grudge against anyone for their choice. My vote is my choice and theirs is theirs too. I have family members who vote Tory and it changes nothing. They're still family.

Great point!

That is not the attitude that'll get any where on JKB!!!

SwindonJambo

That is not the attitude that'll get any where on JKB!!!

Yes I know ;). But I firmly believe that taking an aggressive, menacing stance to those whose voting choice you disagree with is bitter cave man like behaviour.

Yes I know ;). But I firmly believe that taking an aggressive, menacing stance to those whose voting choice you disagree with is bitter cave man like behaviour.

Totally agree.

:thumbsup:

Another day, another Tory plant in a BBC audience.

uldhfMI.jpg

Did any of these online stalkers take the time to consider his circumstances may have changed since those photos were taken ? Perhaps the tux was only a rental and the designer top a present ? I'm not sure - it's possible the guy is a liar & a Tory plant but I find this online outing as an attempt to discredit his question a little unsettling.

uldhfMI.jpg

At no point did he say he needed his zero hour to buy food. That's total bollox and paranoia at its best. He asked about zero hours and said for students it suited them as they could pick up casual jobs. It's bullying, you should be ashamed.

SwindonJambo

The Tories have made a horse's arse of this campaign :rofl:

I agree. A Survation Poll, just published, has them on 40%, 1 point ahead of a Labour Party that they ought to have thrashed. That is very definitely hung parliament territory and if that happens, then May has to go. No idea who would succeed her.

I still expect them to be the biggest party in either a hung parliament or similar or even reduced majority. She wanted a thumping unchallengeable majority and that's now looking unlikely. Looking at it neutrally, it probably serves her right for being so presumptuous and arrogant. The minute any politician of any hue, takes their support for granted, they are in well deserved trouble.

I agree. A Survation Poll, just published, has them on 40%, 1 point ahead of a Labour Party that they ought to have thrashed. That is very definitely hung parliament territory and if that happens, then May has to go. No idea who would succeed her.

I still expect them to be the biggest party in either a hung parliament or similar or even reduced majority. She wanted a thumping unchallengeable majority and that's now looking unlikely. Looking at it neutrally, it probably serves her right for being so presumptuous and arrogant. The minute any politician of any hue, takes their support for granted, they are in well deserved trouble.

Can I ask why you think that " they ought to have thrashed" them.?. I find it hard to articulate why anyone would vote for this Tory party apart from ex UKIP or self centred Ars.....e who seem to care more about themselves than others. I cannot understand if a Tory on this thread could name a Tory minister they trust. They all talk .s....e.

SwindonJambo

Can I ask why you think that " they ought to have thrashed" them.?. I find it hard to articulate why anyone would vote for this Tory party apart from ex UKIP or self centred Ars.....e who seem to care more about themselves than others. I cannot understand if a Tory on this thread could name a Tory minister they trust. They all talk .s....e.

I'm not a Tory voter. Labour are currently further left than they've been in the last 35 years and that historically attracts their core support only with little interest from the middle ground where elections are won and lost. As I said in an earlier post, I bear no grudge against anyone's voting choice or their reasons for doing so. It's democracy, a free and secret and their and no-one else's just as your vote is. I have family who vote both and it makes no odds to me.

The Tories have messed up their campaign terribly with backtracking, inconsistency and their leader's avoidance of debate and it's costing them votes.

Maroon Sailor

I love all these Tory plant things.

I was half expecting a Tory plant post for Sturgeon on Ask The Leaders

Truth is - genuine audience - genuine questions - genuine Sturgeon squirming

Elections you can vote for

Independence you are stuck with

You are just seeing what you want to see.

NS was her usual calm and confident self.

We are talking about the ask the leaders question programme on Friday night aren't we ?

As for the May and Corbyn Question Time Special. I agree with Boris the two leaders should have been asked like for like questions.

frankblack

There was a meltdown from Nats on my facebook feed about the audience for Sturgeon's Ask The Leaders.

Apparently the BBC was biased against the SNP and filled the crowd with people who hate the SNP instead of giving her a free pass.

hughesie27

uldhfMI.jpg

0 hours contract doesn't mean he works 0 hours. He could be holding down a full time job on 0 hours. Or even more. It literally means there is no guarantee of work on a week to week basis. That's it.

Rudolf's Mate

Well said SJ.

You just need to look at my earlier posts re Corbyn to see I can't stand the man. That said, we're not voting for the person leading the party though I appreciate this does sway some.

0 hours contract doesn't mean he works 0 hours. He could be holding down a full time job on 0 hours. Or even more. It literally means there is no guarantee of work on a week to week basis. That's it.

That's alright then, who needs to plan for the future anyway?

robroy1874

At no point did he say he needed his zero hour to buy food. That's total bollox and paranoia at its best. He asked about zero hours and said for students it suited them as they could pick up casual jobs. It's bullying, you should be ashamed.

Correct

I take it most people are voting Conservative then? Not read anything on here but after watching alot of Question Time and the likes it seems the most sensible option.

SwindonJambo

Well said SJ.

You just need to look at my earlier posts re Corbyn to see I can't stand the man. That said, we're not voting for the person leading the party though I appreciate this does sway some.

I would normally vote for his party. But there are too many in its upper echelons that I neither like nor trust - Abbott and McDonnell in particular. I really shudder to imagine how they would respond to events such as yesterday's in London. I voted for Milliband last time even though I'd have much preferred his brother as leader.

Rudolf's Mate

I would normally vote for his party. But there are too many in its upper echelons that I neither like nor trust - Abbott and McDonnell in particular. I really shudder to imagine how they would respond to events such as yesterday's in London. I voted for Milliband last time even though I'd have much preferred his brother as leader.

Said exactly the same re the Milliband's.

Agree about Abbott but if the Tories win you can take comfort in the fact that Boris is a safe pair of hands.

Oh wait....

SwindonJambo

Agree about Abbott but if the Tories win you can take comfort in the fact that Boris is a safe pair of hands.

Oh wait....

Boris is an embarrassment. Not our own Boris, who's very dignified but Mr Johnson. Clown. If the Tories win as expected, I really hope he isn't Home Secretary. Amber Rudd's a stick on for Chancellor.

...a bit disco

I take it most people are voting Conservative then? Not read anything on here but after watching alot of Question Time and the likes it seems the most sensible option.

After watching QT myself, all I'm expecting is a Tory win followed by...

PROD-Atomic-bomb-explosion.jpg

Captain Sausage

Boris Johnson is an absolute disgrace. The absolute epitome of politicking during Brexit - his personal bank account should be emptied to help pay for the mess he led us into.

On some leve, there's a modicum of acceptance for Farage. Like Sturgeon, there's an idealogical driver for independence. No particular concern for the outcome. But Boris used Brexit as a drive for personal gain.

The fact he hasn't been taken to task on it is shameful.

SwindonJambo

Boris Johnson is an absolute disgrace. The absolute epitome of politicking during Brexit - his personal bank account should be emptied to help pay for the mess he led us into.

On some leve, there's a modicum of acceptance for Farage. Like Sturgeon, there's an idealogical driver for independence. No particular concern for the outcome. But Boris used Brexit as a drive for personal gain.

The fact he hasn't been taken to task on it is shameful.

Agree with all of that. It was pure opportunism to support his personal ambitions. His dad used to work for the EEC and most of the Johnson family were remainers. Boris simply picked the side he thought would give him the best chance of being PM when the dust settled, cosying up to Gove with the big red bus scandal before Gove stabbed him in the back. A thoroughly shameful episode and I hope neither ever get near No 10. The red bus was tantamount to fraud.

I'd rather stick my head in a vat of boiling acid.

"We promise to sell off the NHS, sell your house to fund your care, slash taxes so that all remaining public services fall apart, sell weapons to brutal regimes who use them on civilians, block half of the internet, storm out of the EU talks with no deal because we're the Glorious British Empire, starve the economy by reducing immigration, entrench inequality from birth by bringing back grammar schools and let toffs rip foxes to pieces with packs of dogs"

But, never mind all that badly though-out, totally uncosted bullshit!

We're also pledging to end the world in a nuclear holocaust because that's what the British public demand!

Vote Tory

Archived