Iain Cathro ongoing Poll and discussion Thread

cylawny

Cathro Poll  

1,521 members have voted

1. 1. Cathro stay or go

Tasavallan

Cathro does not help himself with statements like "passive defending" against St Johnstone. I would be more concerned about the "Heart of Midlothian 0" suffix.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was he not well thought off as a coach at Newcastle?

Definitely was & still is

Was he not well thought off as a coach at Newcastle?

Have heard to the contrary but  have never quoted this source and still won't but I would be surprised if he ended back there no matter how things turn out here.

Stephen Muddie

I think Cathro was quite highly thought of in Newcastle as one of the coaching staff and they take him back in September/October.

Agree. If he can't turn things around here he'll walk back into a decent backroom role there.

I'm not for one second predicting he will turn his awful HMFC record around, but I'm one of the undercover hobos who is prepared to give him that chance

Agree. If he can't turn things around here he'll walk back into a decent backroom role there.

I'm not for one second predicting he will turn his awful HMFC record around, but I'm one of the undercover hobos who is prepared to give him that chance

Outing yourself  :tiny:

Maroon Sailor

Cathro speaks gobbledegook in his interviews.

I don't know WTF he is on about half the time

Really? Thought he was very clear. Stated that no point to pretending & the real work starts after today.

kingantti1874

Really? Thought he was very clear. Stated that no point to pretending & the real work starts after today.

Heard it all before.. remember the bit about fighting to the death before the sheep, pre match comments before derby

siegementality

Heard it all before.. remember the bit about fighting to the death before the sheep, pre match comments before derby

Are you trying to bore people into submission?

Point was it's wasn't gibberish. Think the performance shows he's slowly getting through & the onus is on the players coming in.

Maroon Sailor

He said " we can't pretend any longer the more important work for us isn't after today also "

That's not clear at all

The more important work IS after today

bauld willie

I think the players have to carry the majority if the blame. Technically are they the worst in the league, no way. In terms of effort, passion & application? Yes they are.

Cathro can just do no wrong with some. 5 wins in 26 games, just think about that for a while.

Season ticket sale collapse.

Silvery_Moon

No doubt only losing 2-0 will put The 'Cathro Stay' vote up but be in no doubt we are going nowhere under this guy. He will probably be on a high after today's scoreline and consider it a good result. Nowhere near the standard required for Heart of Midlothian and as the season ticket sales limp along (I am renewing) Ann Budge will finally realise action is required.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

If Cathro showed more tactical awareness throughout the season like he did today he would have a lot more backing him.

The fact is this mess could have been avoided is unforgivable.

Booooooooo. Absolute charlatans the lot of them. We are as bad a Hearts side as I can remember. A rudderless shambles.

Geoff Kilpatrick

We used 35 players this season. 35!

When that tube Jackson talked about faceless casts of thousands, who knew he was being prescient?

allystrachan

Takes over in second place, ends up as close to the relegated Inverness as we were to 4th place StJohnstone.

Terrible run of games. If it doesn't improve by our first home game next season he should be punted.

Agreed. He's a fantasist. If were a tenth as good as his confidence suggests we wouldn't be the worst performing team in the division in his tenure. We are utter mince.

Cathro can just do no wrong with some. 5 wins in 26 games, just think about that for a while.

Season ticket sale collapse.

Have at no point t said he has done nothing wrong. In fact if you look at most match threads if disagreed with several decisions.

And if people choose not to get a season ticket based on the manager then they are very poor supporters & quite happy I won't have to listen to their crap next season.

I'm a supporter of Heart Of Midlothian. Not Ian Cathro Athletic. Through the good times & the bad.

kingantti1874

And if people choose not to get a season ticket based on the manager then they are very poor supporters & quite happy I won't have to listen to their crap next season.

I'm a supporter of Heart Of Midlothian. Not Ian Cathro Athletic. Through the good times & the bad.

A lot of hearts fans go to be entertained.. their money is worth the same.

Cruyff Turn

It is clear to see the guy is hopeless.

The football is pish, the results are pish, our league position is below expectations and his record speaks for itself. Everyone who wants rid is judging him on those things, normal people call them facts.

Well if you've supported Hearts longer than a few years, as I'm sure you have, you'll know it ain't always like that. We go through some very bad patches. If anyone just goes for some pretty football I'd suggest they are unfortunately following the wrong team.

peter_hmfc

:lol:

Some people can't justify spending hundreds and hundreds of pounds on a group of players that don't give a rats arse, a manager that has no idea what he's doing, a DOF unwilling to accept responsibility, and a "ruthless" owner unwilling to do anything about it. This is on top of FOH contributions, merchandise, food at the game and cost of transport to the game.

It's well know that the low quality of Scottish football barely justifies the high ticket prices even at the best of times.

Let's just put this season behind us and get behind Cathro and the team for next season. Our love for HMFC is greater than any manager or players.

kingantti1874

Well if you've supported Hearts longer than a few years, as I'm sure you have, you'll know it ain't always like that. We go through some very bad patches. If anyone just goes for some pretty football I'd suggest they are unfortunately following the wrong team.

Every team is the same..it wasn't long since we averaged 11k, we are in danger of going back there because of the momentum lost this year through poor choices.

Every team is the same..it wasn't long since we averaged 11k, we are in danger of going back there because of the momentum lost this year through poor choices.

Give it till September and wait & see.

Let's just put this season behind us and get behind Cathro and the team for next season. Our love for HMFC is greater than any manager or players.

This

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Fans go to see Hearts win. Whether you want to admit it or not that's a fact.

Eye bleedin fitbaw = 14k Tickets sold.

Cathro total football = considerably less.

kingantti1874

Give it till September and wait & see.

No one will be happier than me, but I've seen nothing to suggest he can turn it around and to be honest he hasn't built up any sort of rapport with the fans.. it's hard to actually like him..

I want someone in that role who knows how hearts play, what OUR style is,who knows what this club is all about and has a bit of gravitas.. someone who knows how we play, hard, neverr bullied, midfielders running from deep,wingers who can beat a man, a cult hero or 2.. not this slow aimless possession which about 3 teams in the world execute well because it relies on a standatd of player we will never have.

I fear we are going to chuck next season under a bus also

In budgement day it all happened so fast, Locke out, Robbie/Levein in. The players arrived almost instantly which made it obvious they'd been planning it for a while.

I suspect that we're about to see that again, as close as Monday / Tuesday next week. Cathro out / new man in who has already been involved in the player recruitment.

No chance. He's here for a while yet.

No one will be happier than me, but I've seen nothing to suggest he can turn it around and to be honest he hasn't built up any sort of rapport with the fans.. it's hard to actually like him..

I want someone in that role who knows how hearts play, what OUR style is,who knows what this club is all about and has a bit of gravitas.. someone who knows how we play, hard, neverr bullied, midfielders running from deep,wingers who can beat a man, a cult hero or 2.. not this slow aimless possession which about 3 teams in the world execute well because it relies on a standatd of player we will never have.

I fear we are going to chuck next season under a bus also

I'm not saying he is definitely going to turn it round, but I think he can, with the right signings. I think the club know they've not done well with the recruitment and will make it right in the next couple of months.

If by September it's still isn't happening, I will make the Cathro oot banner myself and march with you down Gorgie Road.

Cathro's Big Game record (Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs, Rangers):

1 win. 1 draw. 9 defeats.

bauld willie

Someone else living in fantasy land.

A huge percentage of our support want the apprentice removed from our club.

Even those who believe in the tooth fairly are still wishing him reviewed around September/October. If you have to do this, what is the point.

We can't afford this rumored season ticket collapse to continue. Budge must act.

Even those who believe in the tooth fairly are still wishing him reviewed around September/October. If you have to do this, what is the point.

We can't afford this rumored season ticket collapse to continue. Budge must act.

Why is he living in fantasy land? Because he wants to give Cathro a bit of time & believes that improvement will come with new players?

Maybe move out of greeting faced depression land?

The club have made it clear Cathro is staying. Can we please just get behind him and curb the negativity over the summer.

There have been signs of improvement in recent weeks and Cathro has had enough time now to assess the weaknesses in the side and recruit appropriately over the summer.

If next season starts badly he will be sacked.

As for season ticket sales, they won't be as bad as many are predicting as we are the most loyal support in Scotland.

Looking at the poll on this thread, the majority want Cathro to remain.  

'Huge percentage', couldn't make it up.... oh, wait, you just did!

Different Class

Cathro's Big Game record (Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs, Rangers):

1 win. 1 draw. 9 defeats.

:rofl: :rofl:

'Huge majority', couldn't make it up.... oh, wait, you just did!

Aye but it's all Hibs fans that voted for him to stay, because that suits his argument.

Nelly Terraces

'Huge majority', couldn't make it up.... oh, wait, you just did!

Oh well. People deserve what they get then.

People Who Grinned Themselves to Death still leading the poll after another defeat. Must be holding out for the new players who can be coached to arrive...

Jam Tarts 1874

The club have made it clear Cathro is staying. Can we please just get behind him and curb the negativity over the summer.

There have been signs of improvement in recent weeks and Cathro has had enough time now to assess the weaknesses in the side and recruit appropriately over the summer.

If next season starts badly he will be sacked.

As for season ticket sales, they won't be as bad as many are predicting as we are the most loyal support in Scotland.

It didn't look like that when I was standing on an empty terracing in the 70's and 80's.

Oh well. People deserve what they get then.

I hope we ALL get what we deserve for showing some patience and backing the long term vision of the club.   

Nelly Terraces

I hope we ALL get what we deserve for showing some patience and backing the long term vision of the club.

Thanks Ian.

People Who Grinned Themselves to Death still leading the poll after another defeat. Must be holding out for the new players who can be coached to arrive...

Not one person has grinned through this. Just willing to give the summer. The continuous oh do you enjoy getting beat & you must be living in fantasy land or your clueless chat is pathetic.

The ones willing to give tine are actually giving reasoned arguments on why that's their view, rather than childish slurs.

If there is no improvement by the end of September he will go. Moaning like a lil child all through the summer is t going to help is it? Why not wait and see who comes in?

It didn't look like that when I was standing on an empty terracing in the 70's and 80's.

That was way before my time. I starting going in 2000.

Archived