Iain Cathro ongoing Poll and discussion Thread

cylawny

Cathro Poll  

1,521 members have voted

1. 1. Cathro stay or go

I was going to suggest that it was because most people voted in January. But after checking, this thread is only a few weeks old. So I've no idea. A mixture of Hibs fans, idiots and masochistics I guess.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And you can add 4 cup games against lower league oposition which we failed to win over 90 minutes - another 3 draws and one loss. Horrific stats!

Spot on. And 2 of those games were against the side that's just been relegated from the Championship, a league full of absolute dross.

Not one person I speak to in real life wants him a minute longer at our club. However, I have a rule in life not to speak to Hibees. This forum however..

Which is fair enough.

I don't understand people not renewing season tickets and the like because they don't like the manager. That's not backing the club, not aimed at you,

No. But it's really the only way fans can really show disapproval.

tolcross lad

Leveins project is in a complete mess.Its what happens in cloud cuckoo land.Cathro is of course exhibit A.

I think I may have been the only person on the original Cathro thread that said he was too young, nice and inexperienced for top flight management. It was obvious.

I think I may have been the only person on the original Cathro thread that said he was too young, nice and inexperienced for top flight management. It was obvious.

I'm not sure about nice, he's come across as a bit of a prick in his last few post match interviews. Maybe he's just acting up in front of the media though.

Cathro has been at the Helm for 5 months and thus far we haven't seen the desired results or upturn in performances which we'd have expected given such a substantial period of time.

Now, the team which he's built in those 5 months will be deconstructed and we'll start again in June, with an unknown calibre of players at our disposal.

So, basically, the 5 month counter will be reset again and he'll need to rebuild from scratch, as he did In January.

If he couldn't turn it around in the 5 months between January and May - what on earth are people seeing that suggests he'll turn it around in the closed-season which is closer to 5 weeks than it is to 5 months???

So since the defeat last night 4 or 5 people have voted him to stay, I wonder if they can come on and explain why? They must see something in him, I suspect it is laughter, but none the less it would be nice to hear their point of view.

Five to One

I'm not sure about nice, he's come across as a bit of a prick in his last few post match interviews. Maybe he's just acting up in front of the media though.

He's definitely on the defensive, but obviously has belief he can turn it around. Time will tell. He's not the only manager under pressure. Pedro Cashqai appears to be losing his marbles too. 

The reason 4 or 5 people have voted him to stay, is that a good number of Hibbies are on the forum pretending to be Jambos. A far better indication of how we feel about IC was at the end of the Aberdeen game when IC led his players out for a lap of honour. The ground was virtually empty when the players came out. Even Levein was missing.

Player moral is now rock bottom- even committed Jambos like Jamie are fed up. Will it get worse - yes

Bazzas right boot

Don't know why people are exepcting anything atm, its like every defeat is a suprise and causes more outrage, despite predications of a defeat before hand

We have been utter dug since January. As discussed many times, some players have clearly downed tools in anticipation of moving on and don't care. Statto put a good post on the match day thread, even in this rancid form, it is fine margins.

Quite cleary nothing will change until the summer.

Once Cathro gets a full summer of prep and a real transfer window to get his players we will either improve and implement his ideas and if not we'll continue this poor form and he'll be sacked.

In all honesty I don't think he'll get much longer than the lc and the first 6 games, the first 3 games will tell us allot as we are away and if we continue this seasons away form we'll be  bottom after three games.

The repeating of the same points over and over again is clogging this board up  and making it pretty dull.

I understand all the concerns and that some want him gone now.

I also understand that he is getting the summer to fix things and implement his  vision.

Winston Ingram

Don't know why people are exepcting anything atm, its like every defeat is a suprise and causes more outrage, despite predications of a defeat before hand

We have been utter dug since January. As discussed many times, some players have clearly downed tools in anticipation of moving on and don't care. Statto put a good post on the match day thread, even in this rancid form, it is fine margins.

Quite cleary nothing will change until the summer.

Once Cathro gets a full summer of prep and a real transfer window to get his players we will either improve and implement his ideas and if not we'll continue this poor form and he'll be sacked.

In all honesty I don't think he'll get much longer than the lc and the first 6 games, the first 3 games will tell us allot as we are away and if we continue this seasons away form we'll be  bottom after three games.

The repeating of the same points over and over again is clogging this board up  and making it pretty dull.

I also understand that he is getting the summer to fix things and implement his  vision.

Good post. 

Bazzas right boot

Cathro has been at the Helm for 5 months and thus far we haven't seen the desired results or upturn in performances which we'd have expected given such a substantial period of time.

Now, the team which he's built in those 5 months will be deconstructed and we'll start again in June, with an unknown calibre of players at our disposal.

So, basically, the 5 month counter will be reset again and he'll need to rebuild from scratch, as he did In January.

If he couldn't turn it around in the 5 months between January and May - what on earth are people seeing that suggests he'll turn it around in the closed-season which is closer to 5 weeks than it is to 5 months???

All been answered several times by several posters.

The bigger question is  why do folk keep asking the same questions every week?

All been answered several times by several posters.

The bigger question is  why do folk keep asking the same questions every week?

Because it is a forum for discussion and not a newspaper column? I personally am resigned to Cathro getting longer but I totally get that some fans want to express a view that he needs to go now. Finishing at least 12 points behind St Johnstone really could be the final straw for many.

Quite cleary nothing will change until the summer.

Once Cathro gets a full summer of prep and a real transfer window to get his players we will either improve and implement his ideas and if not we'll continue this poor form and he'll be sacked.

In all honesty I don't think he'll get much longer than the lc and the first 6 games, the first 3 games will tell us allot as we are away and if we continue this seasons away form we'll be bottom after three games.

The repeating of the same points over and over again is clogging this board up and making it pretty dull.

I also understand that he is getting the summer to fix things and implement his vision.

Well uf you've heard he's getting the summer to fix things and implement his vision we are all stuffed. I've never known such deluded people on here and running Hearts that can't see Cathro can't manage Hearts.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Cathro has shown nothing so far. Zilch.

Going to be a miracle if he turns out to be any good.

A_A wehatethehibs

The prospect of allowing this man to be in charge of pre season fills me with utter utter dread.

It does appear that everybody in real life want him sacked and just pretty much laugh at him, maybe the folk on here are bots or something.

No its because folk on here love trolling. They like causing arguments and then calling you 'snowflake' when you react to them. It's an embarrasing side of our support this place - full of Hibs fans and the likes. The majority of people on here have never been in the Home end at Tynecastle, im sure of it.

If you are happy with Cathro in charge of Hearts you're a ****ing idiot - its akin to self harm.

The Comedian

Yeah know what he's been dealt a shite hand this guy. Loads to it, especially the awful way we scout and sign players.

Pans Jambo

I'll give him the summer and a few months into next season. 

This is where I was a couple of months ago but no more. I have seen enough.

Can anyone tell me a Hearts Manager in the last 50 years that has had as bad a set of results as this?

Why are we ignoring the facts? He will NOT be a manager. He's a football trainer/coach and NOT a football dressing room motivational leader of players. 

Do people actually think he will get better?

EDIT: Those who voted for him to stay (above) and are regretting it I would suggest you change your vote to reflect what you think.

kingantti1874

This is where I was a couple of months ago but no more. I have seen enough.

Can anyone tell me a Hearts Manager in the last 50 years that has had as bad a set of results as this?

Why are we ignoring the facts? He will NOT be a manager. He's a football trainer/coach and NOT a football dressing room motivational leader of players.

Do people actually think he will get better?

Last 50? Try the Last 143 years.. There isn't one

Pans Jambo

Last 50? Try the Last 143 years.. There isn't one

Well there you go. But still there's the 'lets give him the summer and a good pre-season, lets be positive' brigade. GTF with that shite!

He's done!

Cathro has not shown anything to make anybody believe that he knows what he's doing or how to turn things around.
We're going backwards at an ever increasing rate of knots.

I'm genuinely fearful for next season if this clown is still in charge.

Sorry about the last sentence of my last my post. All i can do is blame my work for disracting me lol.

Bazzas right boot

Well uf you've heard he's getting the summer to fix things and implement his vision we are all stuffed. I've never known such deluded people on here and running Hearts that can't see Cathro can't manage Hearts.

Yip, your stance is pretty clear.

I understand it, don't agree with it.

Bazzas right boot

Poor results on the pitch this season and potentially the start of next willl not rid us of Cathro.

Poor season ticket sales, poor attendances, poor retail sales, poor sponsorship or lack off will determine his position. A new half built main stand, full of empty seats has to be the catalyst for Ms Budge to tell Levein his experiment has failed and it's time to suck in that bottom lip.

This is going to come down to money or lack off it. If Ms Budge is the great business woman we have been told she is, then when the p**s poor financial figures start to show, she has to tell Levein that this farce hasn't / isn't just killing the football side of the club but the business side as well.

Budge will give Cathro a full transfer window and not s much the time, but the players to implement his ideas, if things don't improve , quickly he'll be gone. Budge won't suffer fools, she also will give her staff a fair crack at the whip, in this case the summer window being that chance.

Trying to champion some sort of boycott to force a change is bollocks.

Everyone knows the football side is poor atm, it won't be news at Hearts and things must improve, imo that starts with the playing staff in the summer.

After Cathro gets the summer and the players he wants, Budge will not take football matters lightly, especially on the back of the poor form now.

Bazzas right boot

Because it is a forum for discussion and not a newspaper column? I personally am resigned to Cathro getting longer but I totally get that some fans want to express a view that he needs to go now. Finishing at least 12 points behind St Johnstone really could be the final straw for many.

In that case why not move the disucuion froward.

1 point, 12 points its all shite.

Again it has all be done to a death, pretty much every day.

Be my last post until the Celtic game, a game we are winning! :2thumbsup: 

Budge will give Cathro a full transfer window and not s much the time, but the players to implement his ideas, if things don't improve , quickly he'll be gone. Budge won't suffer fools, she also will give her staff a fair crack at the whip, in this case the summer window being that chance.

Trying to champion some sort of boycott to force a change is bollocks.

Everyone knows the football side is poor atm, it won't be news at Hearts and things must improve, imo that starts with the playing staff in the summer.

After Cathro gets the summer and the players he wants, Budge will not take football matters lightly, especially on the back of the poor form now.

Problem is next season could be over by October, with the prospect of another January overhaul. It's a shambles.

In that case why not move the disucuion froward.

1 point, 12 points its all shite.

Again it has all be done to a death, pretty much every day.

Be my last post until the Celtic game, a game we are winning! :2thumbsup:

Coming form the biggest broken record on here, thats rich.

We get it Tosh, you're trying real hard to come across as the worlds biggest, most positive minded, see's the best in everything kinda PHM ever known to man kind. Whatever floats your boat.

Regardless however, you're as guilty of constantly repeating yourself on here as anyone else. You've been banging the same drum for weeks.

Also, willing to bet that the above isnt your last post until the Celtic game as well by the way.

People say give it time - 

Cathro either picked the transfer targets or they were picked for him, he either plans the tactics or they are planned for him, he either picks the team or it's picked for him, he either motivates the team and something else is affecting it, or he is the affecting factor. Something needs to change, in fact lots of things need to change... 

But I tell you one thing that won't help on it's own.. TIME! It'll do hee effing haw, it's as much use on it's own as burning your dinner and hoping that staring at the clock will fix everything. It won't.

Time is not the bloody answer - it's something CHANGING.

Winston Ingram

People say give it time - 

Cathro either picked the transfer targets or they were picked for him, he either plans the tactics or they are planned for him, he either picks the team or it's picked for him, he either motivates the team and something else is affecting it, or he is the affecting factor. Something needs to change, in fact lots of things need to change... 

But I tell you one thing that won't help on it's own.. TIME! It'll do hee effing haw, it's as much use on it's own as burning your dinner and hoping that staring at the clock will fix everything. It won't.

Time is not the bloody answer - it's something CHANGING.

You are contradicting yourself. Time, by virtue of a long break and summer transfer window, permits a fundamental and big change: to the playing staff. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm beginning to see parallels between us and Dundee United at the end of McNamara's tenure.

Rudolf's Mate

Wanting to keep this guy is a wind up.

Right?

Double edge sword for me.

I've been prone to knee jerk reactions with previous managers and decided early that he should have pre-season and next season. That said, I didn't think things to be as bad as they've been.

Also bringing in another manager or coach would likely see the players be given a clean slate and up to next Jan to prove their worth. Or even longer!

As much as he's made errors with some acquisitions I hope that he knows what's needed to put it right. Despite my comments I'm not convinced he will especially seeing as he thinks 4 players is all that's required.

When you say you want Hearts to be the team that took an outisder made home boss, etc, etc, you do know that you have a part to play in that backing?

I've backed him and the team plenty but I'm allowed to state my opinion on this public forum.

My vote is remaining firmly in the stay camp.

I always said no matter what happened this season he should get the summer and a start on next season. After that if it's not working he's out.

Trying to champion some sort of boycott to force a change is bollocks.

Everyone knows the football side is poor atm, it won't be news at Hearts and things must improve, imo that starts with the playing staff in the summer.

Ok so Budge gives Cathro the summer transfer window and he signs 4 to 5 players on 3 year contracts. Say Cathro gets sacked after 6 games a new manager comes in and says he has to work with players he doesn't rate but he can't move them on so he's now up to his neck in the brown stuff.

Sorry but the time to sack Cathro is now. Give the new QUALITY manager a budget that will at least give us a chance to compete on the pitch and the fans will be happy.

Oh and what you say about Budge. I believe she is putting up with someone who is out of his depth and she is gambling big time on Cathro because Craig Levein is backing his man.

I always said no matter what happened this season he should get the summer and a start on next season. After that if it's not working he's out.

No matter what happened !!

Hello there get in the real world. We would be getting relegated if this wimp had been in charge all season.

Unknown user

The decision's been made that he'll be here at the start of next season, so I just don't see the point in stamping my feet and greeting about the situation. We will see changes, they'll either work or they won't and Cathro will either be in a job or not as a result, even if this place melts down.

I suspect Murray's scouting had a lot to do with the heartless players we've been signing and now that this side of the club is getting changed, we'll hopefully see results.

So I await summer in hope rather than expectation but I must admit it worries me when he says things like "we played well" or "we didn't deserve to lose" when we can all see we were shit.

Barely believable that The People Who Grinned Themselves to Death still trumping hard evidence in the poll!

The decision's been made that he'll be here at the start of next season, so I just don't see the point in stamping my feet and greeting about the situation. We will see changes, they'll either work or they won't and Cathro will either be in a job or not as a result, even if this place melts down.

I suspect Murray's scouting had a lot to do with the heartless players we've been signing and now that this side of the club is getting changed, we'll hopefully see results.

So I await summer in hope rather than expectation but I must admit it worries me when he says things like "we played well" or "we didn't deserve to lose" when we can all see we were shit.

We all assume that is the case but only Budge and Levein absolutely know. I would be surprised if that did not happen but the current situation is dire. Virtually unheard of for me not to go to Tynecastle or to games in Tayside in previous seasons over many years but last night was not the first game I could not get be bothered with recently (I even went to the Dillon testimonial!) as you just know you are missing nothing.

Presumably the aeroplane enthusiasts are in favour of Cathro staying?

After what he said about replacing players in the Meet the Manager event, it was evident that the remaining games wold be a matter of going through the motions.  Is that acceptable?  Absolutely not, but it's the reality of the very poor situation we have.  I'm not going to jump on the anti-Levein train (I don't know the man from Adam), but he is the Director of Football.  He is ultimately responsible for the quality of the playing staff and the coaching staff.  Our pish signing policy predates Cathro; our inability to hang onto our brightest prospects predates Cathro.  Cathro is an easy target, though - cause he talks a wee bit differently and some folk, likesay, cannae unnerstaun' him.  Oh, and let's not forget that his wee pal's a hippy.

We've been told that the recruitment policy is being addressed.  We've been told that new players are coming in.  Cathro will get at least the first round of games.  Save your enamel some gnashing in between then and now, because the remaining results of this season ain't going to change anything.

We may as well delete the the poll. It is highly innacurate.  Very very clearly the vast majority want the dynamic young duo to leave with immediate effect.

Presumably the aeroplane enthusiasts are in favour of Cathro staying?

After what he said about replacing players in the Meet the Manager event, it was evident that the remaining games wold be a matter of going through the motions. Is that acceptable? Absolutely not, but it's the reality of the very poor situation we have. I'm not going to jump on the anti-Levein train (I don't know the man from Adam), but he is the Director of Football. He is ultimately responsible for the quality of the playing staff and the coaching staff. Our pish signing policy predates Cathro; our inability to hang onto our brightest prospects predates Cathro. Cathro is an easy target, though - cause he talks a wee bit differently and some folk, likesay, cannae unnerstaun' him. Oh, and let's not forget that his wee pal's a hippy.

We've been told that the recruitment policy is being addressed. We've been told that new players are coming in. Cathro will get at least the first round of games. Save your enamel some gnashing in between then and now, because the remaining results of this season ain't going to change anything.

No player or manager worth their salt 'goes through the motions'.

Cheating scumbags go through the motions. They cheat their club, fellow team mates, fans and themselves. This was a time for Cathro to show the fans what he was made of and HE'S FAILED.

Unknown user

We may as well delete the the poll. It is highly innacurate. Very very clearly the vast majority want the dynamic young duo to leave with immediate effect.

Or maybe those who don't agree just can't be ****ed with the same old argument again and again and are keeping it to themselves.

I seem to remember you being unhappy that others wanted a poll re run because they didn't like the result by the way, independence referendum ring a bell?

I can just see the posters going up saying.

BUY YOUR HEARTS SEASON TICKET

WE HAVE CATHRO IN CHARGE

IF WITH 3 MONTHS OF THE SEASON

LEFT WE CAN'T WIN ANYTHING THE

TEAM WILL BE JUST GOING THROUGH

THE MOTIONS......buy now.

No player or manager worth their salt 'goes through the motions'.

Cheating scumbags go through the motions. They cheat their club, fellow team mates, fans and themselves. This was a time for Cathro to show the fans what he was made of and HE'S FAILED.

I can just see the posters going up saying.

BUY YOUR HEARTS SEASON TICKET

WE HAVE CATHRO IN CHARGE

IF WITH 3 MONTHS OF THE SEASON

LEFT WE CAN'T WIN ANYTHING THE

TEAM WILL BE JUST GOING THROUGH

THE MOTIONS......buy now.

In my post, which you quoted, I did say that going through the motions was unacceptable. 

I renewed my season ticket last night because I'm a Hearts supporter.  I would never not renew on account of not being a supporter of a particular manager.  As a true Hearts supporter who cares passionately about his/her club, I'm sure you've also renewed, Mitch.

I also won't be cheer-leading any supporters to buy or not buy season tickets.  They can make their own minds up.  I've never really been one for soap-box posturing.  I'm far too lazy.

Pans Jambo

That was me. Seen enough mate.

Archived