Iain Cathro ongoing Poll and discussion Thread

cylawny

Cathro Poll  

1,521 members have voted

1. 1. Cathro stay or go

Annoying though it is I don't accept calling the coach stupid names. The man is, so far, an abject failure that I don't see improving and I agree he seems arrogant, which was a label I have heard applied to him by people who knew him in Tayside, but calling him names does nothing in a debate with those who still support him  :2thumbsup:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've also not been brainwashed, I just happen to think differently from you.

I apologise if that's to difficult to comprehend. Oh look I'm an apologist

siegementality

We're going to finish 30 points behind Aberdeen and I'd say 15 behind St Johnstone. Now that is sheer and utter disgrace. If anyone back this manager to lead us to anywhere your absolutely deluded.

No amount of chat at a meet the manager event will make me back this charlatan. We're forever told it's a results driven business!! Absolute shite. We're being used as a training ground for apprentices.

We're Hearts ffs. We're No toy for some experiments to boost some failed managers ego as a director of football.. 15 points behind St Johnstone is absolute dreadful enough but 30 behind Aberdeen is an utter disgrace. Let that sink in!!' Laughing stock of Scottish football. No f.....n Wonder!!

I thought you were in the huff?

Our supports pish because they are supporting the club? Hmmm sure that makes sense somewhere

I'd separate the club and what the club is doing from Cathro and his management of the first team.

I back the club. Broadly.

I do not back Cathro all that much.

The Real Maroonblood

How about Cathro is a wimp and he's got Hearts playing like spineless wimps.

That's fair enough.

Is this what it was like to be a Hibs fan under Butcher? Pure denial and a refusal to accept we're spiralling into oblivion with these clowns at the helm, it's very worrying for those of us that don't want to see Hearts near the bottom of the league next season.

I do not think he is the man to revive us on the pitch next season.

Need a clean slate in my view.

Thanks for the effort. But it's not goid enough and I don't think it's working out Ian.

fabienleclerq

He must be hoping for the easiest run at the start of the year because if we have three away games to begin with and we don't start like ****ing burleys team he's got to go.

This is Butcher-esque. Freefalling but with a manager insisting all we need is a new parachute.

Butcheresque is very apt. He openly criticised players and said he was bringing in new ones. Utterly ridiculed here.

Our management team openly talk about bringing in new players at a fans presentation despite the fact they were complicit in bringing some of them in. Feted as visionaries.

I'd separate the club and what the club is doing from Cathro and his management of the first team.

I back the club. Broadly.

I do not back Cathro all that much.

Which is fair enough.

I don't understand people not renewing season tickets and the like because they don't like the manager. That's not backing the club, not aimed at you,

Is this what it was like to be a Hibs fan under Butcher? Pure denial and a refusal to accept we're spiralling into oblivion with these clowns at the helm, it's very worrying for those of us that don't want to see Hearts near the bottom of the league next season.

Implying that some I'd would love to see us at the bottom of the league. Cool

siegementality

Spot on. It's not the players it's the man running the team.totally inept .Just listen to him again .. he take some pish

So it's not the players that are responsible for being totally gutless, it's the managers fault. So a new manager will suddenly turn this bunch of spinless non griefs into what exactly?

Before tonight's game our season was over, we had a squad of disinterested player's and were going to require major summary in the summer. I'm not sure how the result either reinforces anyone's opinion or changes anyone's mind.

The key thing is and remains the summer recruitment. Get that right and we can have a better season.

Implying that some I'd would love to see us at the bottom of the league. Cool

It's weird though because some people don't want the worst manager in our history emptied, setting new lows week after week. It's scary.

kingantti1874

So it's not the players that are responsible for being totally gutless, it's the managers fault. So a new manager will suddenly turn this bunch of spinless non griefs into what exactly?

if Robbie had stayed in charge we'd have finished with at least 20 points more.

If managers don't have any affect why bother with one.. get the tea lady to do it.. unlikely she'd do any worse than cathro

Before tonight's game our season was over, we had a squad of disinterested player's and were going to require major summary in the summer. I'm not sure how the result either reinforces anyone's opinion or changes anyone's mind.

The key thing is and remains the summer recruitment. Get that right and we can have a better season.

And you really think Cathro will be able to motivate these summer recruits??? Really????

ToadKiller Dog

It's really fecking enjoyable listening to the club being laughed at as a joke on the radio .

Time for the board to swallow some pride and admit it's not working and make a change .

If Robbie had stayed; I am sick of hearing this. We need to look towards a better future and stop casting our minds back. This summer is quite simply massive in terms of recruitment. We can't get it so wrong again.

To think the amount of folk on here creaming themselves when he was appointed because of the way he spoke in interviews!! Jesus wept some folk are easily fooled.Budge now needs to show her ruthless side which she must possess and admit to the mistake and get rid before or after the Celtic pumping!

I think we have to ask what positives we've seen from Cathro?

A first half against Dundee (then capitulation)

A 5-0 win against a struggling Kilmarnock (who were setup not to press -when being pressed is our major weakness)

A fantastic 4-1 win against Rangers.

A 3-0 away win against a struggling 10 man Motherwell.

They can complain about signings and talk about signings all they want but the evidence suggests that things won't turn around.

I want Cathro to succeed.

I want Hearts to be the team that took the outsider made him boss, backed him when things were bad and watched as the faith was repaid.

I don't see it happening though.

His team setup has been erratic and unclear.

His selections and subs have been baffling at times - the Cowie sub the other week was outrageous.

He's punted Rherras after 1 bad game yet played other players who have constantly been poor.

He dropped our captain after our (and his) game of the season and has essentially frozen him out since- presumably because he doesn't fit into his "plan".

Yet the last game our captain played he was the only one of our midfield to setup a bloody goal.

ford donald

Must admit I agree. Good manager + average players is always better than average manager + good players. And Im not sure Cathro is even an average manager.

Tommy Wright......

Watt-Zeefuik

If Robbie had stayed; I am sick of hearing this. We need to look towards a better future and stop casting our minds back. This summer is quite simply massive in terms of recruitment. We can't get it so wrong again.

The very simple reason for making this point is to make sure the next time we have a head coach who has us finishing third and qualifying for Europe we don't have any more half-wits flying planes and hanging sheets at Tynecastle or posting "phoodle out" flyers outside the stadium.

Hungry hippo

I don't think anyone is looking back when saying this but it is massively important when assessing Cathro's ability going forward to understand that the squad he inherited was clearly capable of so much more. I have been desperate for Cathro to succeed but I think everyone must agree that there are questions marks over his major motivational skills - to put it very mildly.

PS I've not been one of those talking about 'if Robbie had stayed' so I'm not saying the above to justify any previous comments.

It's weird though because some people don't want the worst manager in our history emptied, setting new lows week after week. It's scary.

Yeah weird that people want to give a new manager time eh.

Never met a fairy before, let alone been anywhere with one son.

Never said we have great support, but we did save the club, so we're not that bad are we?

You're right you are a visionary and everyone with a different opinion to yours is clueless.

Is anyone happy with what has happened? No? But some are willing to see what players are brought in over th summer & give Cathro the first round of fixtures next season. Realistically I would say unless we're flying a defeat to Hibs early on will be the nail in the coffin. However if the players that are brought in are of a higher standard to those we have then we might actually be ok.

I'm happy to accept other people's opinions and can 100% understand it. What I am absolutely sick of, is the insinuation that anyone who is willing to give that time is clueless, stupid, a Hibs fan or an apologist. Wtf would we have to apologise for. It's utter horse shit and I'm bored of it.

So if its a Hibs defeat you foresee being the final nail in the coffin, why were the draw and subsequent defeat okay? We are all Hearts fans mate, the difference is some are more tolerant than others. All I will say is the fans who are willing to give IC time best stop expecting 3rd, and challenging Aberdeen, getting to Hampden in the cups etc. If we as a support are willing to drop our goals to getting into the top six then I agree to crack on with Cathro.

However, I do like the hammerings of Hibs, and the odd trip to Hampden.

Ibrahim Tall

It's not "casting our minds back" at all, it's pointing out that Cathro is completely incompetent. Part of looking to the future is looking behind and realising the mistakes you've made, fixing them and then preventing them happening again. Cathro was the mistake.

kingantti1874

He's had more than enough.. there should be some positives after 6 months / there are none. He's brought nothing to HMFC

So if its a Hibs defeat you foresee being the final nail in the coffin, why were the draw and subsequent defeat okay? We are all Hearts fans mate, the difference is some are more tolerant than others. All I will say is the fans who are willing to give IC time best stop expecting 3rd, and challenging Aberdeen, getting to Hampden in the cups etc. If we as a support are willing to drop our goals to getting into the top six then I agree to crack on with Cathro.

However, I do like the hammerings of Hibs, and the odd trip to Hampden.

Disagree that we have to lower expectations. My view is that he should be give a little bit more time to meet those expectations. The recruitment has been a shambles since we were promoted. That's not Cathro's fault. He stayed clearly that January was not going to bring in the players that would name the difference, it was bringing in the best they could get at the time. Which is why they are on short term deals, they are a stop gap. One that had been shit but was always viewed as a stop gap.

They simply need to get the recruitment right this summer. Do that and I think we can not only progress, but prosper. Do it not and we're on a hiding to nothing and significant changes are required. I do not think the club will make the mistakes with recruitment that they have in the past,

Get it right and I think Cathro can be a success. I could be wrong, I admit that, but I think it is sensible to give him the first round of fixtures after the summer.

I don't expect that everyone will agree. I don't really care. I can respect other people's opinions.

I'm also big entries admit if I'm wrong & come September I will state as much. However I do not feel I will have to.

peter_hmfc

Nope.

You are okay.

You haven't a clue.

Patronising prick.

:pleasing:

HenrySmith

The coach has to motivate and prepare the tactics with the team, i see none of the two.

A decent coach would get more out of the players , christ we were 2nd when he took over, granted a couple have left or injured but come on !.....

He goes on about re building , was it that bad when he took over ?

He's had more than enough.. there should be some positives after 6 months / there are none. He's brought nothing to HMFC

And I disagree. He was brought in at a time that is not ideal. The signings were all about getting in numbers and this forum was fawning over the majority of them after the first couple of games. The problem has been the players character.

I think he needs a summer, 6 months is not enough in my opinion to make the changes he wants to.

And you really think Cathro will be able to motivate these summer recruits??? Really????

I'd be lying if I said that I didn't have significant doubts. But then as I've been open about since the appointment was made, I don't think that he should have got the job in the first place.

Conversely now that he's here, I think he should at least be given the summer to shape his own team. Sacking the coach just seems too easy.

The coach has to motivate and prepare the tactics with the team, i see none of the two.

A decent coach would get more out of the players , christ we were 2nd when he took over, granted a couple have left or injured but come on !.....

He goes on about re building , was it that bad when he took over ?

We weren't 2nd.

Disagree that we have to lower expectations. My view is that he should be give a little bit more time to meet those expectations. The recruitment has been a shambles since we were promoted. That's not Cathro's fault. He stayed clearly that January was not going to bring in the players that would name the difference, it was bringing in the best they could get at the time. Which is why they are on short term deals, they are a stop gap. One that had been shit but was always viewed as a stop gap.

They simply need to get the recruitment right this summer. Do that and I think we can not only progress, but prosper. Do it not and we're on a hiding to nothing and significant changes are required. I do not think the club will make the mistakes with recruitment that they have in the past,

Get it right and I think Cathro can be a success. I could be wrong, I admit that, but I think it is sensible to give him the first round of fixtures after the summer.

I don't expect that everyone will agree. I don't really care. I can respect other people's opinions.

I'm also big entries admit if I'm wrong & come September I will state as much. However I do not feel I will have to.

Fair enough bud :thumbsup: And I hope you are saying I told you so in 6 months time.

All I will add is that I honestly believe that Tziolis, Isma, Struna etc would be very good players in another side. They get banded as stop gaps but had someone like Aberdeen signed Tziolis he'd have sat in defensive midfield dictating play all game no doubt. I feel our manager isn't able to get the best out of them.

Isma would smash them in week in week out for Aberdeen.

Nelly Terraces

Cathro's performance matters not one iota to Budge or those in charge. Just shut up, keeping giving them your money and don't create any atmos in the ground, there's a bunch of good boys.

I understand that is less than a point a game now, he's a record breaker I'll give him that. The saddest thing is so many of us arguing over a shameless charlatan who is deluding himself as well as us when he says he can get it right. There is not one shred of evidence to suggest he can other than blind faith in the fabled new players. Who would actually want to play for him, anyone can see they are coming into a horrible situation. Every time he talks it's about him, the lack of respect he has for our club and fans is frankly outrageous. Utterly desperate times.

Spot on. His interview tonight showed further contempt for the fans. The fact he has delivered such disgraceful results and has shown no humility, when the fact is its him that is the problem, shows an arrogance that is beyond deluded.

BroughtyJambo

Poor results on the pitch this season and potentially the start of next willl not rid us of Cathro.

Poor season ticket sales, poor attendances, poor retail sales, poor sponsorship or lack off will determine his position. A new half built main stand, full of empty seats has to be the catalyst for Ms Budge to tell Levein his experiment has failed and it's time to suck in that bottom lip.

This is going to come down to money or lack off it. If Ms Budge is the great business woman we have been told she is, then when the p**s poor financial figures start to show, she has to tell Levein that this farce hasn't / isn't just killing the football side of the club but the business side as well.

Time to do what? Get us relegated? He's had ample time to show at least something and he's got us on a run of relegation form, it's utterly desperate and he doesn't deserve any more time, giving him more time could end up in disaster for everyone.

siegementality

I think we have to ask what positives we've seen from Cathro?

A first half against Dundee (then capitulation)

A 5-0 win against a struggling Kilmarnock (who were setup not to press -when being pressed is our major weakness)

A fantastic 4-1 win against Rangers.

A 3-0 away win against a struggling 10 man Motherwell.

They can complain about signings and talk about signings all they want but the evidence suggests that things won't turn around.

I want Cathro to succeed.

I want Hearts to be the team that took the outsider made him boss, backed him when things were bad and watched as the faith was repaid.

I don't see it happening though.

His team setup has been erratic and unclear.

His selections and subs have been baffling at times - the Cowie sub the other week was outrageous.

He's punted Rherras after 1 bad game yet played other players who have constantly been poor.

He dropped our captain after our (and his) game of the season and has essentially frozen him out since- presumably because he doesn't fit into his "plan".

Yet the last game our captain played he was the only one of our midfield to setup a bloody goal.

When you say you want Hearts to be the team that took an outisder made home boss, etc, etc, you do know that you have a part to play in that backing?

Over 51% for this freefall to continue

:facepalm:

ffs is this hibs.net?

You are assuming that the problem was the players and not a head coach who is clueless!

Hungry hippo

I don't have permission to vote. Why?

I assume there's a minimum number of posts before you can vote.

I don't have permission to vote. Why?

Speak up!

Nelly Terraces

Over 51% for this freefall to continue

:facepalm:

ffs is this hibs.net?

In the real world it's about 99% in favour of getting shot of him.

This place is a freak magnet.

In the real world it's about 99% in favour of getting shot of him.

This place is a freak magnet.

It does appear that everybody in real life want him sacked and just pretty much laugh at him, maybe the folk on here are bots or something.

Archived