Indy Ref Part Deux

Armageddon

deesidejambo

Whatever :rofl:

Imagine if you asked any country on this planet and went:

"Here, would like the raw product and the subsequent tax take from North Sea oil on your door step?"

"Nah, its shite, no thanks, keep it"

[emoji23]

Keep up with the smileys etc.     

The truth is the NS revenues to the country at $50 per barrel are next to zero.  

And Ecks 24 billion barrels recoverable was a downright lie.  But you of course will fall for it.

go on post a few more smileys.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's hardly a proper Politician in the SNP. They are mostly looney, inbred, anti English foamers and as for that wee weedy green party dude :rofl::rofl::rofl:

SNP are xenophobic bitter bigots and hell bent on independence at any cost even if it means destroying this country to get it.

Sturgeons passive aggressive stance is contemptible. I've just read her utterly ridiculous comments she does not seek confrontation with the U.K. Government then a few sentences later she basically does that very thing by stating she will enter talks in good faith and willing to compromise but only if the U.K. Government agree to her demands. How stupid and moronic can this woman get? Obviously her daft wee lap dogs will all be foaming and thrashing themselves into comas over this.

Seriously though this is supposed to be the first minister of Scotland she is a disgrace. Thankfully TM will slap her down again and she'll be shown up for the bitter twisted little xenophobe that she is.

Never has a political party created so much division and anger in Scotland than what the SNP have caused. They won't be happy until we're another Northern Ireland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Space Mackerel

And Ecks 24 billion barrels recoverable was a downright lie. But you of course will fall for it.

Was it you that said there was 10-15 years max left?

[emoji23]

jambo lodge

Great to see the 15 or so nutters with flags outside Holyrood celebrating their masters victory. 

Space Mackerel

And Ecks 24 billion barrels recoverable was a downright lie. But you of course will fall for it.

https://www.oilandgaspeople.com/news/13802/billion-barrel-oil-field-discovered-west-of-shetland/

"beyond 2050"

"its absolutely colossal"

?It would be quite easy to say it is 800million barrels and it probably wouldn?t be difficult to get to a billion."

"The super find comes in stark contrast to many stories that Scotlands oil is running out"

"Hurricane Energy's Chief Executive Officer Robert Trice said: ?We believe that the Greater Lancaster area is a single hydrocarbon accumulation, making it the largest undeveloped discovery on the UK Continental Shelf."

Aye ok, deeside [emoji23]

SNP are xenophobic bitter bigots and hell bent on independence at any cost even if it means destroying this country to get it.

Sturgeons passive aggressive stance is contemptible. I've just read her utterly ridiculous comments she does not seek confrontation with the U.K. Government then a few sentences later she basically does that very thing by stating she will enter talks in good faith and willing to compromise but only if the U.K. Government agree to her demands. How stupid and moronic can this woman get? Obviously her daft wee lap dogs will all be foaming and thrashing themselves into comas over this.

Seriously though this is supposed to be the first minister of Scotland she is a disgrace. Thankfully TM will slap her down again and she'll be shown up for the bitter twisted little xenophobe that she is.

Never has a political party created so much division and anger in Scotland than what the SNP have caused. They won't be happy until we're another Northern Ireland.

Cast your mind back to the traitorous *******s who sold Scotland's soul for English gold,you keep it laddie,you can be proud saying you kissed Judas/Mundell,well done you.

Harry Potter

The other one the halfwit used the other day was "onionist"

Must have really worked that brain cell thinking up that bit of comical genius.

Lol, can feel the seeth if the 2nd indy vote does not happen, be running round like headless chickens.

deesidejambo

https://www.oilandgaspeople.com/news/13802/billion-barrel-oil-field-discovered-west-of-shetland/

"beyond 2050"

"its absolutely colossal"

?It would be quite easy to say it is 800million barrels and it probably wouldn?t be difficult to get to a billion."

"The super find comes in stark contrast to many stories that Scotlands oil is running out"

"Hurricane Energy's Chief Executive Officer Robert Trice said: ?We believe that the Greater Lancaster area is a single hydrocarbon accumulation, making it the largest undeveloped discovery on the UK Continental Shelf."

Aye ok, deeside [emoji23]

I don't disagree with that. 

But you are not too bright.

The question is how much revenue will this field generate?

Firstly, if it goes to development, all previous exploration costs are automatically carried forward tax deductible from future revenues.

Then add the development costs, either a platform or a number of platforms, or FPSO, or other form of subsea development, including wells.  Probably around $10 billion.

Then the operating costs, requiring other a pipeline (unlikely given the location) or an FPSO with export tanker offtake. Field life at least 20 years say, maybe more., but all that time the operating costs are incurred and are tax deductible.

What is left is liable for tax but unless the Govt put a sensible tax deal on the table the development will not proceed and even if it does the revenue to the exchequer will be pretty small.

Post some laughing smiley please.

Lol, can feel the seeth if the 2nd indy vote does not happen, be running round like headless chickens.

Imagine the seethe when they are told NO again hahaha

I love this woman.

C8A21PeWkAE38hA.jpg

A god fearing weirdo? I can see why she's so loveable.

:gok:

Mooth is in her element. It wouldn't surprise me if she secretly wants the referendum. A huge opportunity to have her ego massaged. Labour hasn't decided what it wants and is incapable of conveying a coherent message. Any remain campaign seems certain to be dominated and possibly even officially led by Mooth. That increases the leave vote share by a few points.

Trapper John McIntyre

Mooth is in her element. It wouldn't surprise me if she secretly wants the referendum. A huge opportunity to have her ego massaged. Labour hasn't decided what it wants and is incapable of conveying a coherent message. Any remain campaign seems certain to be dominated and possibly even officially led by Mooth. That increases the leave vote share by a few points.

If you're gibbering on about this girl, then bring it on.

Maroon Sailor

Get in !

Love seeing that horrible ferret shot down like that

Space Mackerel

I don't disagree with that.

But you are not too bright.

The question is how much revenue will this field generate?

Firstly, if it goes to development, all previous exploration costs are automatically carried forward tax deductible from future revenues.

Then add the development costs, either a platform or a number of platforms, or FPSO, or other form of subsea development, including wells. Probably around $10 billion.

Then the operating costs, requiring other a pipeline (unlikely given the location) or an FPSO with export tanker offtake. Field life at least 20 years say, maybe more., but all that time the operating costs are incurred and are tax deductible.

What is left is liable for tax but unless the Govt put a sensible tax deal on the table the development will not proceed and even if it does the revenue to the exchequer will be pretty small.

Post some laughing smiley please.

Dunno why Hurricane bother then, you should write a wee email to the guy I quoted last and explain he is wasting his time.

After all, you teach the snowplough for a living, that's enough for him to sit up a listen I would've thought?

I think she's an impressive performer. No doubt. But one fact that cannot be denied is that she's a Tory.

Space Mackerel

HAVE A POLL TO SEE IF THE COUNTRY WANTS A REFERENDUM KRANKIE ( We dont)

By the way what about these absolute bawbags outside parliament with the flags - deary me.

There an online petition, shame it's mostly English people who have signed it though.

Space Mackerel

I think she's an impressive performer. No doubt. But one fact that cannot be denied is that she's a Tory.

A former BBC reporter too, another link to that institution of bastion, truth and honesty. :-/

A happy Aussie H.

C8BWvxRWkAQ1Dlh.jpg

What's the problem here? Is it because he's probably (!?)gay, or a Yes voter?

Does it disagree with God and Mother Theresa?

Nookie Bear

What's the problem here? Is it because he's probably (!?)gay, or a Yes voter?

Does it disagree with God and Mother Theresa?

Why presume his sexuality?

No need for the faux offence. ..Aussieh can take a joke and dish it out as well.

deesidejambo

Dunno why Hurricane bother then, you should write a wee email to the guy I quoted last and explain he is wasting his time.

After all, you teach the snowplough for a living, that's enough for him to sit up a listen I would've thought?

Hurricane will of course profit.

They took the exploration risk.

They will pay the development costs.

So it's only right that they get a good rate of return hence a profit otherwise they will not attract the investment costs.

What you can't understand is that it's how much the treasury will get, not Hurricane.

And btw Hurricane are based in England.

You can't tell the difference between treasury share and investor share.

Space Mackerel

Hurricane will of course profit.

They took the exploration risk.

They will pay the development costs.

So it's only right that they get a good rate of return hence a profit otherwise they will not attract the investment costs.

What you can't understand is that it's how much the treasury will get, not Hurricane.

And btw Hurricane are based in England.

You can't tell the difference between treasury share and investor share.

Based in England but where are their investors based?

You think oil exploration is a wee man going about with dividing rods in a wee rowing boat in the middle of nowhere?

Psychedelicropcircle

I'm really unsure how every week between my two vehicles to average a guess of 80 litres which is 057.95 per litre fuel duty ?46.36 per week FD could be bad for a Scottish Gov ? Or any gov come to think of it!

Trapper John McIntyre

There's a lot (more) of them about these days.

Nookie Bear

There's a lot (more) of them about these days.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion but it's a shame that the Brave New Independent Scotland displays open contempt for a large percentage of the population.

I was hoping for better tbh

deesidejambo

Based in England but where are their investors based?

You think oil exploration is a wee man going about with dividing rods in a wee rowing boat in the middle of nowhere?

At the moment they don't have any investors other than private equity to fund the exploration costs. To fund the development they will need to attract billions of new capital.

They won't get any funding unless the rate of return is attractive. And at current oil price, which the funding will be based on, is such that tax take on the field will have to be small.

But the more drivel you post the more the reality comes out to smack you in the pus.

More smileys please.

Trapper John McIntyre

Everyone's entitled to an opinion but it's a shame that the Brave New Independent Scotland displays open contempt for a large percentage of the population.

You have to hand it to the SNP and Jeremy Corbyn, they've increased the likelihood of a lot of people in Scotland deciding to vote Tory for purely pragmatic reasons ie to get rid of the Natz.

An early Scottish election would  be interesting in a PR system where every vote counts.

deesidejambo

It's the job of the Yes campaign to persuade others to vote Yes.

Doing this by smileys, tick-tocks and glib comments about Yoons will not persuade anyone to change their vote.

In fact it may work against them as more peeps see they are not credible.

Mintit etc. Rofl etc.

Space Mackerel

At the moment they don't have any investors other than private equity to fund the exploration costs. To fund the development they will need to attract billions of new capital.

They won't get any funding unless the rate of return is attractive. And at current oil price, which the funding will be based on, is such that tax take on the field will have to be small.

But the more drivel you post the more the reality comes out to smack you in the pus.

More smileys please.

Where did the private equity come from then? Who put it in?

Space Mackerel

Fiver in the post bud.:)

Just don't **** us on Sunday, that's all I ask.

I could play golf instead if it's a nice day.

deesidejambo

Where did the private equity come from then? Who put it in?

Er........

Private Equity Companies often underwritten by banks.

Space Mackerel

Er........

Private Equity Companies often underwritten by banks.

So who are these private equity companies that are underwritten by banks but its private investment?

deesidejambo

So who are these private equity companies that are underwritten by banks but its private investment?

You are getting confused again.

Google Private Equity Firm

deesidejambo

He's never mentioned Celtic once on this thread, it's a political one.

You're the one constantly banging on about republicanism, Celtic and your daft implied sectarian rubbish.

What has Earl Haig got to do with Indy2?

Just don't **** us on Sunday, that's all I ask.

I could play golf instead if it's a nice day.

I can see Dundee beating the Sheep on Friday so it could well be a draw,it's free on Sky Sports mix on Sunday so as long as Hearts don't win and break our unbeaten record then I'll be happy with that,deal?

Space Mackerel

I can see Dundee beating the Sheep on Friday so it could well be a draw,it's free on Sky Sports mix on Sunday so as long as Hearts don't win and break our unbeaten record then I'll be happy with that,deal?

Post that fiver, it'll pay for golf balls. :lol:

coconut doug

Good post Doug.  It's nice to see that respectful, articulate and informed debate is still possible from time to time.  I've already agreed with Pans Jambo that Norway has managed its oil wealth far better than we have.  They do have about double what we have but that's not to say ours couldn't have been better managed.

Norway has huge state control of its oil.  But it has open free market economics for everything else.  It just shows the folly of applying the same philosophy to everything. Free market economics usually works best but by no means always.

Unfortunately, the days of $100 a barrel oil are probably long gone for a while with the World awash with cheap oil and huge overstock, a situation likely to continue for several years with plentiful cheap shale oil in America.

It's ridiculous that we appear to be ruled and governed by dogma. This is what the future offers the UK. There is no prospect of change  It's a major reason why we need to remove ourselves from the UK asap. The idea that you would bail out the banks in the way we did it but not invest in your own national assets defines the UK for me. Labour and Tory governments sold national assets at knock down prices to the rich and when that ran out they mortgaged the future with PFI and equivalents. Soon we will have private companies, many American, providing services and having an even bigger share of the NHS budget. The Tax burden will increase to pay for the services and their profits in a similar way to the railways. The only people who will gain are the private investors. Like the railways it will result in poorer service and higher costs. 

Space Mackerel

Then why did you ask?

How did the Cairn wells turn out?

How's your mate Bill?

Cairn found the exact amount of diddly squat.

But I found out how these small independent (there's that word again) companies finance themselves.

Do you think Shell, BP and the rest were laughing at them calling them too poor, too wee, too stupid? :rofl:

deesidejambo

Cairn found the exact amount of diddly squat.

But I found out how these small independent (there's that word again) companies finance themselves.

Do you think Shell, BP and the rest were laughing at them calling them too poor, too wee, too stupid? :rofl:

Well now you should know that Hurricane will need to finance the development of their discovery.

That will be billions.

As you claim to be loaded maybe you could sub them a few million. Think of the massive "bonanza" that you will get back in profit.

Space Mackerel

Well now you should know that Hurricane will need to finance the development of their discovery.

That will be billions.

As you claim to be loaded maybe you could sub them a few million. Think of the massive "bonanza" that you will get back in profit.

I sure that won't be a problem them getting capital now if it proves to be true what they have found.

Unfortunately, I'm only liquid up to ?100,000 but I could sell everything I own and possibly make just under a ?million.

That should be enough to fund the works T bar...maybe.

You have to hand it to the SNP and Jeremy Corbyn, they've increased the likelihood of a lot of people in Scotland deciding to vote Tory for purely pragmatic reasons ie to get rid of the Natz.

An early Scottish election would be interesting in a PR system where every vote counts.

No it wouldn't. The SNP are still in the lead.

Psychedelicropcircle

An early Scottish election would be interesting in a PR system where every vote counts.

If someone could go back to the 2014 version and grab a few tripper quotes on how he hates tories. I'd go but I'm Scotland Yard on the thread.

Trapper John McIntyre

No it wouldn't. The SNP are still in the lead.

Yes it does.

Being in the lead doesn't guarantee a majority as the Greens may well lose a lot of secondary votes this time.

It would be a risky thing for the gnatz to call a snap election right now. 

manaliveits105

SNP have lost the support of many voters with their poor performance on key issues , the fact they went back on their once in a generation premise, the fact that Sturgeon is a dislikeable person, and to cut it short the majority of scots do not want indyref2 within the forseeable future but crack on and get a bloody nose .Those woofters outside parliament today probably convinced a few more undecided that snp is not the way forward.

Archived