Indy Ref Part Deux

Armageddon

the uk will be free to negotiate new trade agreements

Scotland will lose its main 80% trading partner and have to let the EU negotiate for us.

the uk is there already quite able to stand on its own, Scotland seems to need somebodies hand to hold.

you say negative I say reality. the reality is that so far the separatists aren't winning over any new converts, it actually seems the other way. they didn't even get a peoples mandate to try again, it was forced through only by holyrood, as the polls have shown little taste for another referendum.

80% main trading partner?  That's shot up a bit, hasn't it?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
deesidejambo

Latest from Curtice.

Thats the freedom of movement myth blown up in the SNPs faces.  If Nicola campaigns for it she will get a bloody nose.  But she is smart enough to read the analysis and expect a shift in tactics from the SNP away from freedom of movement.

And the acolytes will follow.

Adam Murray

Latest from Curtice.

Thats the freedom of movement myth blown up in the SNPs faces.  If Nicola campaigns for it she will get a bloody nose.  But she is smart enough to read the analysis and expect a shift in tactics from the SNP away from freedom of movement.

And the acolytes will follow.

The same article was posted this morning, maybe a different source, from Hasselhof, but none of the Nationalists have commented on it.

manaliveits105

Trade was 63% with RUK in 2015 

and gosh the Scots want the same as RUK from Brexit according to Curtice survey but of course that wont be an acceptable WOS survey 

Homewards to think again Krankies.

deesidejambo

The same article was posted this morning, maybe a different source, from Hasselhof, but none of the Nationalists have commented on it.

My bad.

As it is not aligned to Nats previous campaign messages then they will have to volte face if they genuinely want to keep their support.

But they are getting more and more misaligned from the popular views now.........

manaliveits105

Had a look at another website which is 98% snp supporters and some polls definitely have them on the run - changing their tune from Indyref2 to oh its just a smart move by SNP  to make sure Scotland gets a good deal from Brexit - interesting  :toff:

• Moderators

Hello Indy Ref thread. This is your daily reminder to keep it civil and debate the post rather than the poster.

Your cooperation is appreciated. Thank you.

scott herbertson

the uk will be free to negotiate new trade agreements

Scotland will lose its main 80% trading partner and have to let the EU negotiate for us.

the uk is there already quite able to stand on its own, Scotland seems to need somebodies hand to hold.

you say negative I say reality. the reality is that so far the separatists aren't winning over any new converts, it actually seems the other way. they didn't even get a peoples mandate to try again, it was forced through only by holyrood, as the polls have shown little taste for another referendum.

Doesn't make sense  - if we are still in the EU we would be part of the negotiating body, if we are not, we would be free to make our own arrangements - you can't have both the negative possibilities

Doesn't make sense - if we are still in the EU we would be part of the negotiating body, if we are not, we would be free to make our own arrangements - you can't have both the negative possibilities

Scotland won't be in the EU. Once Independent it will have to wait years to join from the back of the queue.

It would need to meet all criteria for membership and can't do that until it has an independent history.

jambos are go!

Anyone know what the SNP policy was to have a Great Repeal Bill to get us out of the UK and long it would take?

Space Mackerel

Scotland won't be in the EU. Once Independent it will have to wait years to join from the back of the queue.

It would need to meet all criteria for membership and can't do that until it has an independent history.

Aaaaaaaaaannnnd......unlucky!

From the guy who actually wrote Article 50. Another massive swing and a miss, again. Trapper John epic. :lol:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jamieross/the-man-who-wrote-article-50-says-its-balls-to-say-scotland?utm_term=.tkzG4B1gKb&ref=mobile_share#.bfvR1OQrmx

scott herbertson

So it would be free to negotiate its own trade agreements, which was my point - either it can join the EU and be part of their negotiation with the remnant of the UK, or it can negotiate directly with the remnant of the UK. I wasn't saying wither of these are good or bad, just pointing out it is illogical to say we could do neither should we become independent.

jambo lodge

From the guy who actually wrote Article 50. Another massive swing and a miss, again. Trapper John epic. :lol:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jamieross/the-man-who-wrote-article-50-says-its-balls-to-say-scotland?utm_term=.tkzG4B1gKb&ref=mobile_share#.bfvR1OQrmx

Aye, but define very fast in EU terms.......years.  

jack D and coke

Music to the Nats ears but most of it is nonsense. Scotland will be required to take a share of UK debt,the rest is just speculation.

Is it nonsense just because it's not what you want to hear? The British government also confirmed that before Indy ref the first time they would be responsible for the debt too. No asset sharing then no debt.

Space Mackerel

Aye, but define very fast in EU terms.......years.

Just accept that we would be back in fairly fast and stop with aye but no but.

I'm getting pretty tired of the utter drivel and lies posted on here by you Yoons trying to muddy the waters. It's actually pretty embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

deesidejambo

I'm getting pretty tired of the utter drivel and lies posted on here by you Yoons trying to muddy the waters. It's actually pretty embarrassing.

Care to comment on the awkward Freedom of movement info posted by Curtice?

jambo lodge

Is it nonsense just because it's not what you want to hear? The British government also confirmed that before Indy ref the first time they would be responsible for the debt too. No asset sharing then no debt.

Aye but think the debt will be more than the asset value.

jambo lodge

There cannot be any exploratory talks with the EU unless and until Scotland is an independent country. Spain would make sure of that So there will be a time ( if independence was voted for ) when Scotland would be out of the UK and not yet a member of the EU. Budgets would have to be agreed, borders erected with England, Currency, new laws  etc .........YEARS!!  

Who's posting lies? People are, like you and the article linked, merely expressing there opinion.

Until such time as the EU confirm that an independent Scotland can join the EU very quickly then the subject shall be open for debate.

I note this particular Lords opinion and shall watch with interest.

Space Mackerel

There cannot be any exploratory talks with the EU unless and until Scotland is an independent country. Spain would make sure of that So there will be a time ( if independence was voted for ) when Scotland would be out of the UK and not yet a member of the EU. Budgets would have to be agreed, borders erected with England, Currency, new laws etc .........YEARS!!

Putting things in CAPS LOCK doesn't make your point true Tory Boy.

I bet you there are talks going on behind the scenes with the Scottish Government and the EU right now about any future membership.

deesidejambo

Putting things in CAPS LOCK doesn't make your point true Tory Boy.

I bet you there are talks going on behind the scenes with the Scottish Government and the EU right now about any future membership.

I hope so as SNP will then get locked into the freedom of movement requirement. Then they will get hammered back home.

I guess the Curtice data is more lies?

Poor wee Nic having to work overtime :-/

03f3acc88861b73653e9ad0a90d58d81.png

Is anyone actually running the country while this arsehole sits about manufacturing grievance? It's becoming laughable.

Is anyone actually running the country while this arsehole sits about manufacturing grievance? It's becoming laughable.

Shoes off, feet up. Looks like she's doodling in the latest sudoku mag to me.

Space Mackerel

I hope so as SNP will then get locked into the freedom of movement requirement. Then they will get hammered back home.

I guess the Curtice data is more lies?

Never read the article

Space Mackerel

She looks awfy relaxed [emoji41]

deesidejambo

Never read the article

There's a surprise.

For your info it sinks Nicolas EU aspirations.

Freedom of movement is nowhere near a popular as she would like.

Yes another example of the SNP drifting away from popular consensus.

It will catch up with her.

Tick-tock

She looks awfy relaxed [emoji41]

Resigned to the fact she's misjudged this one, and is out of step with public opinion, more like.

Trapper John McIntyre

Notice any similarities?

C8L--pRXUAAP5yD.jpg

C8L--pSXQAA5cr5.jpg

C8L--pfWsAMRORS.jpg

Space Mackerel

There's a surprise.

For your info it sinks Nicolas EU aspirations.

Freedom of movement is nowhere near a popular as she would like.

Yes another example of the SNP drifting away from popular consensus.

It will catch up with her.

Tick-tock

Link to article please.

Space Mackerel

Resigned to the fact she's misjudged this one, and is out of step with public opinion, more like.

TM doesn't seem to share these views of yours or she would've said go ahead right now eh?

TM doesn't seem to share these views of yours or she would've said go ahead right now eh?

No, she wouldn't. She's looking after Scotland's best interests.

Space Mackerel

Already provided but anyway go to whatscotlandthinks

What Scotland thinks will change drastically in the next few years, a catastrophe of a Brexit and oil back up to $70 ish a barrel.

You heard it here first.

We invented the Bank as you know it today, the BOE was for funding warmongering!

We? No a Scotsman founded the Bank of England. Because a Scotsman founded it doesn't make it Scotland's. What is this, rules of the play ground?

Do we get Canada too?

:cornette:

The article is the opinion of someone who has no say on the matter.

The reality is the Spanish will veto any attempt by Scotland to negotiate while part of the UK.

Scotland would then have to prove they meet the criteria for entry and that means years of audited financial history as an independent state. That looks dodgy at best if the SNP are betting on Oil to bankroll the economy.

The earliest Scotland could enter would be sometime after 2025 if they had everything in place.

the uk will still have its own money.

it will still have its financial sector.

it will still be in control of its economy.

---------------------------------

independent Scotland

we will use English money

we will let the EU run everything else

Really? Come on that's fooling nobody.

deesidejambo

What Scotland thinks will change drastically in the next few years, a catastrophe of a Brexit and oil back up to $70 ish a barrel.

You heard it here first.

So back to the point in question. Is Curtice talking Bolx or not?

Psychedelicropcircle

We? No a Scotsman founded the Bank of England. Because a Scotsman founded it doesn't make it Scotland's. What is this, rules of the play ground?

Do we get Canada too?

Factual information, it's you that's turning this into playground politics well not just you! Both sides are preaching to the converted. The way for a settled once & for all settlement is to fully federalise the country stops the blame game in its tracks the yoons still have their yoon. I know this as do you & TM does as well. It suits Tory England for Scotland to vote SNP gives them a clear run at power. Remember this the next time you hear roof Saying country / families divided.

Space Mackerel

So back to the point in question. Is Curtice talking Bolx or not?

I've still not read the article

I think we are all getting a bit ahead of ourselves. Give it a year and see what's happening then regards brexit and how it is shaping up and then see.

At the moment there is a lot of posturing and bravado, from all sides. Once the reality dawns, minds may change, again, from all sides.

Trapper John McIntyre

Not going to educate yourself?

The only truth to be found is in The National.

Space Mackerel

I think we are all getting a bit ahead of ourselves. Give it a year and see what's happening then regards brexit and how it is shaping up and then see.

At the moment there is a lot of posturing and bravado, from all sides. Once the reality dawns, minds may change, again, from all sides.

I doubt the independence movement will disappear come what may. It's here to stay now. It's inevitable.

Trapper John McIntyre

I doubt the independence movement will disappear come what may. It's here to stay now. It's inevitable.

Plenty of it were in evidence outside Holyrood the other night.

They were outnumbered by dog-walkers.

Archived