Indy Ref Part Deux

Armageddon

Our previous leaders fictitious amounts apparently came direct from companies and "experts" as well.

So You'll forgive me and the rest of those who are not brainwashed if we don't all jump up and down at this latest coincidently timed announcement of apparent new oil riches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rofl: Nae luck Onionists

Oil bonanza on tap.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
deesidejambo

Game over

Bye bye rUK

Silly Aussie.

One billion recoverable?

Add that to the 5 billion from existing fields, that. Gives six. Still 18 billion to go to reach Ecks estimate.

And at $50 per barrel the treasury will get.

Guess

Zero.

Otherwise the field will not be developed.

Possible find of oil of the coast of Shetland announced the day prior to an indy2 vote!! Call me cynical but is this announcement and its timing trying to influence the vote?

I must have missed the announcement of the vote.

Space Mackerel

So, the Yoons on here have been skelped about the place on firstly the EU, secondly the GERS figures and now there last big stick...oil.

Still no name for the Bitter Taegether 2 leader :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Possible Good news for Shetland and the Orkneys if this turns out to be a good find.

Will wee nippy grant Shetland and Orkneysbtheir independence referendum to be independent from Scotland? Or will the wee nasty gnats be hypocrites and refuse another referendum to the islands and harvest their possible oil finds.

***BREAKING NEWS***

The meeting has been "cordial, business like"

And

"NO CONCESSIONS" have been given by the PM

There will be NO 2nd referendum until AFTER Brexit.

How you like those grapes gnats?

Wee Krankie slapped down again. Hahaha

Psychedelicropcircle

Lets reverse your statement.

What credit rating will Scotland have after they have left the EU, left the UK, have a massive deficit with Oil and Gas, and lost tariff free access to the UK markets?

We could go one step further and hand the royals their p45 and sell her two giant cooncil hooses to some iyal sheik? Much would that bring in?

Thunderstruck

So, the Yoons on here have been skelped about the place on firstly the EU, secondly the GERS figures and now there last big stick...oil.

Still no name for the Bitter Taegether 2 leader :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You really do need to broaden your reading list. This focus on "The National" and SNP publications is clearly stunting your intellectual development.

The truth is out there.

HaymarketJambo

***BREAKING NEWS***

And

What a load of rubbish. 

Earlier today and yesterday we had all the wee extremists gnashing their teeth saying TM was coming to kiss NS arse that she would be giving in and compromise etc etc etc.

BBC News now

"No concessions"

"No 2nd Indy Ref until AFTER Brexit"

Yep that sounds like the PM has kissed nippys arse right enough or given in.

Yep wee nippy has been ragdolled in her own backyard.

AlphonseCapone

If there is a big oil reserve off the West Coast then it's either good for Scotland or the UK, don't know how this could cause a commotion on here.

SwindonJambo

Game over

Bye bye rUK

ignoramus!  You really gaven't a clue, have you? Do you work in the Oil Industry or have any idea how Oil Finances work ?  In truth, the UK Oil Industry is very badly set up in terms of how much Revenue flows into State Coffers.  Most of it flows straight into private pockets, most of them not even Scottish.  Not so in Norway where the Government owns the main oil company, STATOIL so keeps all profits and tax receipts. A decent find, yes but at $50-55$ a barrel (and even that artificially propped up by the recent OPEC agreement) it will make comparatively little for State Coffers and all of the other economic problems remain.

ignoramus! You really gaven't a clue, have you? Do you work in the Oil Industry or have any idea how Oil Finances work ? In truth, the UK Oil Industry is very badly set up in terms of how much Revenue flows into State Coffers. Most of it flows straight into private pockets, most of them not even Scottish. Not so in Norway where the Government owns the main oil company, STATOIL so keeps all profits and tax receipts. A decent find, yes but at $50-55$ a barrel (and even that artificially propped up by the recent OPEC agreement) it will make comparatively little for State Coffers and all of the other economic problems remain.

Waste of time trying to point out facts to the loony brainwashed hard of thinking.

Someone mentions oil and it sends them into a wankfest frenzy.

Just home watching the news. Picture of Nippy with a face like a well skelped erse sat next to the PM.

What was that Spacey was posting from The National comic yesterday? I hope you don't get your lottery numbers from there!

:pleasing:

SwindonJambo

Waste of time trying to point out facts to the loony brainwashed hard of thinking.

Someone mentions oil and it sends them into a wankfest frenzy.

1. Don?t argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. ?Greg King
  2. Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. ?Mark Twain
  3. Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. ?Proverbs 26:4 (King James version)

Pleading guilty as charged :(

Trapper John McIntyre

***BREAKING NEWS***

And

God Bless Theresa May.

• Don?t argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. ?Greg King
  • Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. ?Mark Twain
  • Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. ?Proverbs 26:4 (King James version)
Pleading guilty as charged :(

Momentary lapses are allowed.

:biggrin:

God Bless Theresa May.

I think she deserves credit for taking time out of her very busy and hectic schedule to fit in wee Krankie today. Who said she doesn't listen?

Very Motherly like. She knows nippy has problems, she's mentally unhinged yet she looks after her kinda humouring her.

I think she deserves credit for taking time out of her very busy and hectic schedule to fit in wee Krankie today. Who said she doesn't listen?

Very Motherly like. She knows nippy has problems, she's mentally unhinged yet she looks after her kinda humouring her.

Is it true she brought wee Krankie a Lego model kit of the Houses of Parliament?

Trapper John McIntyre

It was like being kind to animals day.

Space Mackerel

Earlier today and yesterday we had all the wee extremists gnashing their teeth saying TM was coming to kiss NS arse that she would be giving in and compromise etc etc etc.

BBC News now

"No concessions"

"No 2nd Indy Ref until AFTER Brexit"

Yep that sounds like the PM has kissed nippys arse right enough or given in.

Yep wee nippy has been ragdolled in her own backyard.

Section 30 letter getting popped in the post for the last collection at 5.15pm.

Let's see Maggie Mays hand at the first round of the Brexit talks, Junker will be pishing himself when he sees a pile of 2,3 and 4's

Is it true she brought wee Krankie a Lego model kit of the Houses of Parliament?

Yes with the bonus of the additional add on set available at Toys R Us.

It's called the Parliament repairs and upgrade special edition.

Very thoughtful of Mrs May imo.

SwindonJambo

Section 30 letter getting popped in the post for the last collection at 5.15pm.

Let's see Maggie Mays hand at the first round of the Brexit talks, Junker will be pishing himself when he sees a pile of 2,3 and 4's

They'll be the ones shitting themselves. Losing the UK, the EU's 2nd biggest economy was a hammerblow to them and it's in their interests as well as ours to thrash out a good deal.  The biggest economy, Germany sell us 900,000 cars a year as well as millions of items of white goods so no way do they want tarifs added to that unless they want to cut off their noses to spite their faces.

There will be give and take, protracted negotiations and a deal will be done. I do not get NS's haste for a 2nd indyref as even if successful, it's not as if it would expedite Scotland rejoining the EU on its own.  She talks of 'before it's too late'.  Too late for what exactly? Even from her aims, I think she's been naiive and not a small bit silly. Another defeat ends her career.

Psychedelicropcircle

If it's once in a generation why have you lot got a Hard-on till not once in a generation?

Blackford Hearts

"I had been under the impression, given weekend media reports, that we may be about to get some kind of offer around powers for the Scottish government, but nothing of that nature emerged," said Ms Sturgeon

Maybe going on hard facts not media speculation might help?

Trapper John McIntyre

"I had been under the impression, given weekend media reports, that we may be about to get some kind of offer around powers for the Scottish government, but nothing of that nature emerged," said Ms Sturgeon

I know; a typically lame and naive statement.

Maybe Wings over Scotland will enlighten her.

Space Mackerel

They'll be the ones shitting themselves. Losing the UK, the EU's 2nd biggest economy was a hammerblow to them and it's in their interests as well as ours to thrash out a good deal. The biggest economy, Germany sell us 900,000 cars a year as well as millions of items of white goods so no way do they want tarifs added to that unless they want to cut off their noses to spite their faces.

There will be give and take, protracted negotiations and a deal will be done. I do not get NS's haste for a 2nd indyref as even if successful, it's not as if it would expedite Scotland rejoining the EU on its own. She talks of 'before it's too late'. Too late for what exactly? Even from her aims, I think she's been naiive and not a small bit silly. Another defeat ends her career.

Something's saying to me that you don't read the papers I do, this will not end well for the UK as most top end commentators have said, UK gets a good deal then it's the end of the EU. And that's not going to happen. You should know that. It's the very basics.

You're kidding yourself on if you believe the UK is going to get a special deal. Utterly deluded.

Space Mackerel

I know; a typically lame and naive statement.

Maybe Wings over Scotland will enlighten her.

Just saw the news, TM shites it and holds it in a hotel room and plays the only hand she has got to play as predicted.

Advantage Oor Nic the morrow when the Section 30 letter is winging its way down to No 10.

And I agree with her, now is not the time, let's see the shambles Brexit produces and oil will be creeping up to $70 bucks a barrel by then. Timing couldn't be more perfect. [emoji106]

Nookie Bear

An unusually weak statement there from Sturgeon.

SwindonJambo

Something's saying to me that you don't read the papers I do, this will not end well for the UK as most top end commentators have said, UK gets a good deal then it's the end of the EU. And that's not going to happen. You should know that. It's the very basics.

You're kidding yourself on if you believe the UK is going to get a special deal. Utterly deluded.

I never said anything about a 'special' deal' and I am NOT deluded. I voted remain btw. But the difference is that we are BIG and so a WORKABLE deal will be negotiated. A bad deal will hurt both sides so something will be negotiated. Just because we're leaving the EU does not mean we can't have a good working relationship with it. I think the 1st few years may be tough but we will evolve and adapt, free to negotiate our own separate deals with India, China and other Asian countries. I'd rather we'd stayed, but the EU is a bloated, wasteful, bureaucratic mess with a currency which suits one country only. Gordon Wilson described it as the 4th Reich. Europe is in relative long term decline and looking elsewhere to grow our economy may well prove to be a good shout.

I never said anything about a 'special' deal' and I am NOT deluded. I voted remain btw. But the difference is that we are BIG and so a WORKABLE deal will be negotiated. A bad deal will hurt both sides so something will be negotiated. Just because we're leaving the EU does not mean we can't have a good working relationship with it. I think the 1st few years may be tough but we will evolve and adapt, free to negotiate our own separate deals with India, China and other Asian countries. I'd rather we'd stayed, but the EU is a bloated, wasteful, bureaucratic mess with a currency which suits one country only. Gordon Wilson described it as the 4th Reich. Europe is in relative long term decline and looking elsewhere to grow our economy may well prove to be a good shout.

The nats are praying that the UK gets a bad deal

Strengthens their hand.

Trapper John McIntyre

It was great to be out and about in Aberdeen today meeting young voters.

C78k32xXUAA1zh9.jpg

0 replies2 retweets5 likes

Retweet

Nicola can't hide her feelings :lol:

Wee nippy's Face like a bulldog chewing a wasp. Saying she is raging would be an understatement. She'll be sitting in Bute house tonight with her paper and crayola's writing her secshun furty.

Trapper John McIntyre

Wee nippy's Face like a bulldog chewing a wasp. Saying she is raging would be an understatement. She'll be sitting in Bute house tonight with her paper and crayola's writing her secshun furty.

Dictated by Eck soon as he's aff the telly.

Space Mackerel

So this deal appears to be paying the same if not more money to gain entry into the single market with no voice at the top table?

The separate country's leaders who make up the EU have been adamant about this from the start.

The negotiations are doomed to failure, unless TM who was a Remainer is playing the long game and hoping public opinion in the U.K. changes more pro European.

Space Mackerel

It was great to be out and about in Aberdeen today meeting young voters.

C78k32xXUAA1zh9.jpg

0 replies2 retweets5 likes

Retweet

Screen grabbing a frame from a YouTube video, pretty damning stuff John.

Another swing and a miss and another 1/10.

SwindonJambo

So this deal appears to be paying the same if not more money to gain entry into the single market with no voice at the top table?

The separate country's leaders who make up the EU have been adamant about this from the start.

The negotiations are doomed to failure, unless TM who was a Remainer is playing the long game and hoping public opinion in the U.K. changes more pro European.

We won't have to pay them the same money though I can see us paying them some money. Most member nations are small. The biggies are Germany, France, Italy and ourselves. The separate nations can say what they like - it's all posture and bluster. When it comes to the crunch, they need us as we are a very big market and a bad deal hurts them as much as it hurts us - Lose-Lose. If a small country, like say Austria had enough and left, there wouldn't be anything like the same fuss.

ignoramus!  You really gaven't a clue, have you? Do you work in the Oil Industry or have any idea how Oil Finances work ?  In truth, the UK Oil Industry is very badly set up in terms of how much Revenue flows into State Coffers.  Most of it flows straight into private pockets, most of them not even Scottish.  Not so in Norway where the Government owns the main oil company, STATOIL so keeps all profits and tax receipts. A decent find, yes but at $50-55$ a barrel (and even that artificially propped up by the recent OPEC agreement) it will make comparatively little for State Coffers and all of the other economic problems remain.

Do YOU work in the oil industry?

Space Mackerel

We won't have to pay them the same money though I can see us paying them some money. Most member nations are small. The biggies are Germany, France, Italy and ourselves. The separate nations can say what they like - it's all posture and bluster. When it comes to the crunch, they need us as we are a very big market and a bad deal hurts them as much as it hurts us - Lose-Lose. If a small country, like say Austria had enough and left, there wouldn't be anything like the same fuss.

"Lets take back control"....they all cried on the Eurosceptic side of the English right wing.

And let the German multi nationals dictate our future. What an utter waste of time and hypocrisy.

Genuine question.

Why did the UK treasury give Shell an ?81m tax break but the same company paid ?2.7Bn in tax to Norway (& ?377Million in tax to Denmark)?

Is Westminster just shit?

Screen grabbing a frame from a YouTube video, pretty damning stuff John.

Another swing and a miss and another 1/10.

1/10,a bit much SM.:)

Archived