Indy Ref Part Deux

Armageddon

AlphonseCapone

Local council elections in May will be even more interesting now. All the polls so far have suggested an easy SNP victory again but this is a chance for the electorate to give them a bloody nose if they are angry about this new referendum.

Especially the ones who vote SNP but don't back independence, the ones whose fault this is. The ones who don't understand you can't cherry pick from a manifesto at the ballow box. The ones who vote for a manifesto which states an independence referendum can be held if there is a material change in circumstance then moan a vote for the SNP is not a vote for Independence. Maybe not but it's certainly a vote for a referendum.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Psychedelicropcircle

How dare she have luxury. She is only the hardest working person in the UK and has the most demanding job. Damn her and her ?3.99 extravegance!!! Damn Tories

Hardest worker in the UK ? I reckon I could kick **** oot her

Wrong. Indy2 (as you call it) will lead to independence and therefore no need for further debate/vote.

That's not fair, don't we get another vote 4 years after to rejoin the UK after people realise what they have let themselves in for.... a bit like brexit!

They would make it harder if we leave yes. At present based on the last set of figures for 2015 we exported ?50bn to the rUK and just over ?12bn to the EU a difference of some ?37.5bn

Out of that ?50bn how much will be lose? It will be quite a considerable amount by the time we have to pay tariffs and we will also be limited. We will already be saddled with a bill for leaving the U.K. Along with major logistical bills for infrastructure and quite possible having to secure a hard border with England. Where will all this money be coming from? Just because we leave the U.K. Does not mean our ?12bn EU exports will automatically increase we. Ant force people to buy more of what they are buying now is all they need or are limited to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, they exported ?63b to us add that to the ?230b they export to the EU. Aye but they can...

Block indyref2 and the SNP will either have it anyway or every MP will resign and if 30 MPs are reelected they'll declare Independence.

That's not fair, don't we get another vote 4 years after to rejoin the UK after people realise what they have let themselves in for.... a bit like brexit!

They could if that's what Labour/Libs/Tory were elected to government based on.

Seymour M Hersh

When I have a client meeting at my work I make an effort. Do you think it is fair that one of the most important women in the world maybe likes to look her best?

That wasn't really my point. I'm not going to abuse someone for wearing 1k leather trousers any more than I am if they're wearing clothes from Primark. As you say it's about making an effort and I'll bet you can look just as good in clothes from primark as you can in designer stuff. I'll bet Merkel's clothes are expensive but she wears them like potato sacking. Having a sense of style needn't cost a lot of money. In addition it's what they individual does and says that counts. Nippy (tbf) always looks smart and well turned out but all she does is slaver utter pish as soon as her whiney weejie voice starts up.

If EU citizens resident in Scotland are not allowed to vote in Indyref2, neither will rUK citizens. End of.

That should give a Yes vote of 90%

All rUK remainers who don't want brexit welcome, a nice wee 14.5 m population transplant?

The question should be and I bet May won't back down on it like Cameron did...

Should Scotland remain part of the UK

See all the people slagging off folk for voting snp. Who are they voting for? I genuinely can't think of one party in the uk including the snp who are attractive to vote for. Which party is the most attractive to people on here?

See all the people slagging off folk for voting snp. Who are they voting for? I genuinely can't think of one party in the uk including the snp who are attractive to vote for. Which party is the most attractive to people on here?

Greens or Labour(post independence) when they return to the party they were supposed to be.

maxresdefault.jpg

Greens or Labour(post independence) when they return to the party they were supposed to be.

Labour need to bin corbyn to become relevant again.

I was making the case on the question in front of me.

But i admit it may make me abstain.

Voting for an independent Scotland outside the EU is economically and culturely sound.

That's why I want a referendum on European membership AFTER Independence.

Just as the SNP are saying circumstances have changed since the last Indy ref the circumstances will have changed after Independence.

It would also keep Yes voting Brexiteers on side with the campaign for Independence.

Labour need to bin corbyn to become relevant again.

He'll be irrelevant in an independent Scotland. Maybe Big Gordie might fancy the gig or Ian Murray.

Win or lose this will be Scotland's final independence vote. If it's no then I for one will be done.

By The Light..

So what we might be seeing here is a Scottish spring.

Freedom from Westminster but freedom to?

We need a poll

Votes Yes last time, will vote No the next. Absolute farce this has gone to a 2nd referendum, the people voted and the majority wanted to remain in the UK. Get over it Sturgeon you abrasive wee cow.

Maybe we should have a poll on what people voted last time and what they plan on voting next.

Im certain it'll be a resounding No vote this time round, something like 62% in favour this time or something similar.

I'm a bit sceptical of people on here who have clearly been Unionist SNP bashers suddenly proclaiming that they voted Yes the last time.

As old VM would say I just don't believe it.

Anyway it will all be decided in the referendum and not by people on JKB trying to be dramatic.

Arnold Rothstein

The question should be and I bet May won't back down on it like Cameron did...

Should Scotland remain part of the UK

Absolutely this.

The Real Maroonblood

I'm a bit sceptical of people on here who have clearly been Unionist SNP bashers suddenly proclaiming that they voted Yes the last time.

Anyway it will all be decided in the referendum and not by people on JKB trying to be dramatic.

The drama queens on both sides is cringeworthy.

Arnold Rothstein

Lol. What on earth would they have to gain by saying that?

Space Mackerel

Lol. What on earth would they have to gain by saying that?

Because their lies stick out a mile with the sentence ending "abrasive wee cow"

He/She was never a Yes voter before.

Arnold Rothstein

Because their lies stick out a mile with the sentence ending "abrasive wee cow"

He/She was never a Yes voter before.

Newsflash, not every yes voter loves the SNP.

The Real Maroonblood

You are correct but a lot of people think they are.

Not guaranteeing that the EU nationals who live and work here can stay after Brexit is a bit of an own goal for Westminster I think. There must be more than 100,000 of them in Scotland alone. The couple next door to me are Polish. Both have a mortgage, kids and work full time. Both voted NO last time. He's now going to vote YES. So will the other 100,000 I think.

Space Mackerel

No need for the abrasive language then, don't you agree?

Nookie Bear

Win or lose this will be Scotland's final independence vote. If it's no then I for one will be done.

Clearly you will be done if it is a win !

But the after effects of a yes will rumble on long into the future - you cannot believe that Scotland will sudden become a fully united nation.

Not guaranteeing that the EU nationals who live and work here can stay after Brexit is a bit of an own goal for Westminster I think. There must be more than 100,000 of them in Scotland alone. The couple next door to me are Polish. Both have a mortgage, kids and work full time. Both voted NO last time. He's now going to vote YES. So will the other 100,000 I think.

You need a reciprocal arrangement for our ex Pats, and we can't show our hand until the EU agree on this.  Its really that simple.

If we say they can all stay and the EU tell our ex-Pats to GTF, how would you feel?

Clearly you will be done if it is a win !

But the after effects of a yes will rumble on long into the future - you cannot believe that Scotland will sudden become a fully united nation.

No, but it will when the see Scotland post independence. All our democracy and sovereign Parliament reinstated. And we decide where the tax is spent. No crown no lords no wm no trident no wars no UK debt interest payments etc... all spent here decided by all of us.

I wouldn't be surprised if the PM tells the SNP that they can have an Indy 2 vote but only after the next Scottish Parliament Election, once Brexit is signed, sealed, and delivered.

More importantly now, it is clear that Scotland will be out of the EU and Single Market by the time of any Indy 2 Referendum.   Will the Scottish people get a say on the deal the SNP does to gain entry?

• We will have lost our rebate and have no veto on issues, for example?
  • Will the SNP pull the rug from under our fishermen and let the likes of Spain carve up our seas?
  • Will we have to take the Euro?
  • Will we need a passport to get on a train down south?
  • Are employers with head offices down south going to want to change their systems to pay Scottish workers in Euros?
  • How will the likes of Edinburgh manage after all the Financial Sector jobs go down south?

doctor jambo

You need a reciprocal arrangement for our ex Pats, and we can't show our hand until the EU agree on this.  Its really that simple.

If we say they can all stay and the EU tell our ex-Pats to GTF, how would you feel?

take UK citizenship

simples

show commitment to your new country

become one of us, give up your Polish passports

If you want a vote, give up your parachute- none of the rest of us have one

Fair point. Common sense says they would have surely put in a caveat to say if the EU threw out our ex-pats then we would reciprocate. A lot of businesses now really nervous. One of my customers (Caledonian Produce in Bo-ness who eploy around 500) claim they cant employ enough Scottish folk and without the EU nationals, they will have to downsize dramatically or close the doors. Same right across the country. Some of the EU nationals are now in mid management levels withing Scottish businesses now. This plays right into the hands of the YES campaign...which is nice.

Space Mackerel

Maggie May is in a serious political problem on 4 fronts now.

She has obviously the SNP calling for indyref2, the Nationalists gaining a serious foot hold in power in NI, her own battle with the UKIP'ers and the battle with 27 other EU countries.

What a headache. I bet she doesn't know what to do now.

Arnold Rothstein

He might genuinely feel that strongly about her.

I wouldn't be surprised if the PM tells the SNP that they can have an Indy 2 vote but only after the next Scottish Parliament Election, once Brexit is signed, sealed, and delivered.

More importantly now, it is clear that Scotland will be out of the EU and Single Market by the time of any Indy 2 Referendum.   Will the Scottish people get a say on the deal the SNP does to gain entry?

• We will have lost our rebate and have no veto on issues, for example?
  • Will the SNP pull the rug from under our fishermen and let the likes of Spain carve up our seas?
  • Will we have to take the Euro?
  • Will we need a passport to get on a train down south?
  • Are employers with head offices down south going to want to change their systems to pay Scottish workers in Euros?
  • How will the likes of Edinburgh manage after all the Financial Sector jobs go down south?

We stay in the EU or the single market and there wont be enough buildings in Edinburgh to house the big Financial institutions re-locating to Edinburgh & no, we wont be using the Euro (see Sweden who are in the EU but still use the Krona).

doctor jambo

Fair point. Common sense says they would have surely put in a caveat to say if the EU threw out our ex-pats then we would reciprocate. A lot of businesses now really nervous. One of my customers (Caledonian Produce in Bo-ness who eploy around 500) claim they cant employ enough Scottish folk and without the EU nationals, they will have to downsize dramatically or close the doors. Same right across the country. Some of the EU nationals are now in mid management levels withing Scottish businesses now. This plays right into the hands of the YES campaign...which is nice.

Then take UK citizenship

and out expats can take Spanish citizenship and so on

I really don't get the big deal

You want to live in a country- join it

I would have it no UK passport, no vote

40 years of EU financial regulation and banking laws to wrangle about will no doubt have serious implications for the City of London.

Of course it will but not overly huge by all accounts. London is too vital on every level.  Here is some food for thought, every day London trades twice as much currency on a daily basis than New York (it?s nearest rival).  We are currently part of the 4th most traded currency on the planet, and the Natcretins want us taken out of this into the uncertainty of a Jimmy Crankie pound?

Of course it will but not overly huge by all accounts. London is too vital on every level.  Here is some food for thought, every day London trades twice as much currency on a daily basis than New York (it?s nearest rival).  We are currently part of the 4th most traded currency on the planet, and the Natcretins want us taken out of this into the uncertainty of a Jimmy Crankie pound?

If the bankers thing they can make ten bob more by moving to Edinburgh and remaining part of the EU then they will. Its just geography to them. Cash is king.

Natcretins?  :kirklol:

I want someone to tell me why they are so determined and desperate to be part of the EU.  It all reeks a bit of bullshit to me.  I don?t think anyone deep down is too bothered, it just gives them a cause.  The ?single Market? does not wash with me as half the NatCretins have no concept of what it actually is and it is certainly not anywhere near the biggest market for Scotland.

During Indyfail1 the European Union was merely a footnote (if anything) as the NatCretins never had it trending everyday.  Now oil has been swept aside (as proven a non argument) and the European Union that 27 months ago was not even 1% of the argument is now 100% of the argument.  Is no-one seeing how this is working? As I said earlier if the UK voted to remain in the EU the SNP would cry that they wanted out as they are born contrarians.

So start making yourself busy (not like many have actual jobs) with your face painting and your harassment on streets.  Start your hashtags, have your meetings, your protests and start the name calling, we, the No voters will just work away paying our taxes and contributing, go to the ballot box and make our voice heard and not be a public nuisance and a national disgrace.

If the bankers thing they can make ten bob more by moving to Edinburgh and remaining part of the EU then they will. Its just geography to them. Cash is king.

Natcretins?  :kirklol:

You don't work in finance do you?

We stay in the EU or the single market and there wont be enough buildings in Edinburgh to house the big Financial institutions re-locating to Edinburgh & no, we wont be using the Euro (see Sweden who are in the EU but still use the Krona).

• We can't stay as we will already be out and need to reapply - which will put us in the queue behind countries like Bosnia and Montenegro.  The timescale is not in Nippy's control - Westminster has to tell Nippy when or if she is allowed to have one.
  • Sweden is a poor comparison as the Krona is their own currency.  We can't take the Pound Sterling as that is controlled by the BOE and Westminster government. 
  • You want to create a Scottish pound - what value would that have on exchange rates?

Space Mackerel

I want someone to tell me why they are so determined and desperate to be part of the EU. It all reeks a bit of bullshit to me. I don?t think anyone deep down is too bothered, it just gives them a cause. The ?single Market? does not wash with me as half the NatCretins have no concept of what it actually is and it is certainly not anywhere near the biggest market for Scotland.

During Indyfail1 the European Union was merely a footnote (if anything) as the NatCretins never had it trending everyday. Now oil has been swept aside (as proven a non argument) and the European Union that 27 months ago was not even 1% of the argument is now 100% of the argument. Is no-one seeing how this is working? As I said earlier if the UK voted to remain in the EU the SNP would cry that they wanted out as they are born contrarians.

So start making yourself busy (not like many have actual jobs) with your face painting and your harassment on streets. Start your hashtags, have your meetings, your protests and start the name calling, we, the No voters will just work away paying our taxes and contributing, go to the ballot box and make our voice heard and not be a public nuisance and a national disgrace.

Name calling?

"Natcretins"

"Public nuisance"

"National disgrace"

Name calling?

"Natcretins"

"Public nuisance"

"National disgrace"

As opposed to 

"you are not Scottish"

"Racist"

"Bigot"

p.s "public nuisance" is not name calling.

He might genuinely feel that strongly about her.

All right then I think Auld Granny Mae is a patronising auld biddy.

Frequently seen around the corridors of power in EU looking like a geriatric on the loose from hospital with nobody to talk to. If she had any morals she wouldn't have put herself up for the PM job as like Cameron she was against Brexit. At least Cameron had the decency to resign.

Name calling?

"Natcretins"

"Public nuisance"

"National disgrace"

As opposed to 

"you are not Scottish"

"Racist"

"Bigot"

p.s "public nuisance" is not name calling.

Frequently seen around the corridors of power in EU looking like a geriatric on the loose from hospital with nobody to talk to. If she had any morals she wouldn't have put herself up for the PM job as like Cameron she was against Brexit. At least Cameron had the decency to resign.

The abrasive language or 'clever' nicknames from both sides doesn't help -

I don't care if its 'NatCretin' or 'Yoony', 'Nippy' or 'Rooth the Mooth', 'Wee Jimmy Krankie' or 'Maggie May', 'Natsi' or 'Traitors'.

When I start seeing this language I generally skip past the rest of the details in the post as I'd rather not waste my time reading insults and empty rhetoric.

A bit inflammatory towards the elderly there pal.  Not that she is anywhere near 'elderly'.

Archived