Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

His seat in the House of Lords isn't affected. 

They don't do elections.

You've simultaneously nailed the point Victorian was making whilst completely missing the point Victorian was making!

Just now, Sooperstar said:

You've simultaneously nailed the point Victorian was making whilst completely missing the point Victorian was making!

Yes,  I should have amplified.

Tory MPs seem to be happy to avoid rocking the boat,  finding some morals and pushing out Spaffer.  Better to attempt to ride it out and leave him in place through and beyond the next scheduled election.  A new leader brings a danger of them seeking a fresh personal mandate,  and before the backlash from this episode has diminished.  Some also believe Spaffer has sufficient 'qualities' that significantly enhance electoral prospects.  A personal cache.

Party comes first with these parasites, always.

Then it's their own interests.
Then it's the interests of their friends, family and donors.
Then it's the interests of foreign oligarchs.

Then and only then is the interest of the voting public.

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Yes,  I should have amplified.

Tory MPs seem to be happy to avoid rocking the boat,  finding some morals and pushing out Spaffer.  Better to attempt to ride it out and leave him in place through and beyond the next scheduled election.  A new leader brings a danger of them seeking a fresh personal mandate,  and before the backlash from this episode has diminished.  Some also believe Spaffer has sufficient 'qualities' that significantly enhance electoral prospects.  A personal cache.

No, I thought your post was clear enough.

@I P Knightley my apologies , been busy this week and he has now been charged in connection with the incident too…. To appear in court at a later date. 

https://www.thenational.scot/news/20059008.scottish-tories-suspend-robbie-withey-candidate-throat-grab-video/ Not a fan of the national but the words of what was said are accurate.

BBC version

A candidate standing for election to Aberdeenshire Council has been charged in connection with a disturbance in a village.

Police Scotland said a 41-year-old man was expected to appear in court at a later date following an incident in Alford, Aberdeenshire, on Saturday. 

It is understood to be Robbie Withey, who is seeking re-election next month.

The Scottish Conservatives said they could not comment on an active court case.

An 18-year-old man was also charged.

Heralds version - which is about as accurate as saying James never changes his mind 😉  https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/20059219.scottish-conservative-candidate-robbie-withey-suspended/

JudyJudyJudy
30 minutes ago, sadj said:

@I P Knightley my apologies , been busy this week and he has now been charged in connection with the incident too…. To appear in court at a later date. 

https://www.thenational.scot/news/20059008.scottish-tories-suspend-robbie-withey-candidate-throat-grab-video/ Not a fan of the national but the words of what was said are accurate.

BBC version

A candidate standing for election to Aberdeenshire Council has been charged in connection with a disturbance in a village.

Police Scotland said a 41-year-old man was expected to appear in court at a later date following an incident in Alford, Aberdeenshire, on Saturday. 

It is understood to be Robbie Withey, who is seeking re-election next month.

The Scottish Conservatives said they could not comment on an active court case.

An 18-year-old man was also charged.

Heralds version - which is about as accurate as saying James never changes his mind 😉  https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/20059219.scottish-conservative-candidate-robbie-withey-suspended/

Im happy im not a tree. :) ps was it really neccesary to bring me into that  posting...

OIP.jpg

Edited by JamesM48

WorldChampions1902
6 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

I imagine he has been called worse.

A projector is normally very bright but the bulb seems to be missing in this case.

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Im happy im not a tree. :) ps was it really neccesary to bring me into that  posting...

OIP.jpg

Always my friend always 😉🤣 you at least have a sense of humour (most of the time) 

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, sadj said:

Always my friend always 😉🤣 you at least have a sense of humour (most of the time) 

R (3).gif

33 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

:bravo: take a bow Dan Stevens (whoever you are)

Edited by pablo

The Mighty Thor

Wait til Nadine Dorries sees that. She'll be fuming. She'll no doubt remove adverts from the BBC to deny them income. 

The Mighty Thor

Another Week In Tory, which doesn't even cover a week and is a huge litany of jaw dropping Tory criminality and feckwittery. 

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Dearie me !

Edited by JamesM48

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, pablo said:

:bravo: take a bow Dan Stevens (whoever you are)

Think he was in that awful “ upstairs downstairs “ rip off “ downtown abbey “? 

0BB841A1-E1A8-4455-BB51-D64F82C6F7D4.gif

JudyJudyJudy

Political heavy weights having a spat . It’s getting more surreal 

The Mighty Thor

This should flush out a few of our resident racists.

I suppose depositing people in Africa against their will is a significant change from our historical position of removing them from Africa against their will. 

Empire 2.0

Caring is sharing. 

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I suppose depositing people in Africa against their will is a significant change from our historical position of removing them from Africa against their will. 

Empire 2.0

Caring is sharing. 

Anyone who supports this tory party is a racist, or supports the actions of racists

A Boy Named Crow
2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Empire 2.0

Caring is sharing. 

He is just making good on his promise to follow the Australian immigration model!

For what it's worth, most decent folk in Australia don't approve of the off-shore detention,  but it was a desperate measure intended to "stop the boats".

2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Empire 2.0

Caring is sharing. 

Offshore detention... but we've got a lot of islands right ? It's surprising they weren't symbolically sent to the Isle of Wight! 

WorldChampions1902
55 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

He is just making good on his promise to follow the Australian immigration model!

For what it's worth, most decent folk in Australia don't approve of the off-shore detention,  but it was a desperate measure intended to "stop the boats".

Oz set up their immigration centre on Nauru over 20 years ago. Their illegal immigration numbers have continued to soar, to the extent that they have almost doubled over the past 5 years alone. So, this horrendously expensive and probably illegal strategy does not work.

This is just more political guff from our own Junta to appease the U.K. racists, which is yet another complete waste of (our) taxpayers money.

1 hour ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

That Australian offshore camps were not only shut down after being slammed by the UN, but they cost $1.9million PER REFUGEE.

:cornette:

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Empire 2.0

Caring is sharing. 

Shameful and yet we are letting countless Ukrainians in , is it cause they is white. ? 

dobmisterdobster
11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Shameful and yet we are letting countless Ukrainians in , is it cause they is white. ? 

I thought we were letting hardly any Ukrainians in. 🤔

Japan Jambo
3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Empire 2.0

Caring is sharing. 

Nice to see a pearl amongst your usual dross - I have to take my hat off to you for that line... 👏

Konrad von Carstein
14 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Wowsers!

There is uproar in the media and Twitterverse about this UK government's overly restrictive application policy for Ukrainians...so it's not a brown Vs white refugee contest.

A Boy Named Crow
37 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Oz set up their immigration centre on Nauru over 20 years ago. Their illegal immigration numbers have continued to soar, to the extent that they have almost doubled over the past 5 years alone. So, this horrendously expensive and probably illegal strategy does not work.

This is just more political guff from our own Junta to appease the U.K. racists, which is yet another complete waste of (our) taxpayers money.

34 minutes ago, Cade said:

That Australian offshore camps were not only shut down after being slammed by the UN, but they cost $1.9million PER REFUGEE.

:cornette:

I wasn't referencing the Australian model as an endorsement of this strategy. It's inhumane, and stupid...Tories gonna Tory though innit 

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

Spitonastranger
10 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Think he was in that awful “ upstairs downstairs “ rip off “ downtown abbey “? 

0BB841A1-E1A8-4455-BB51-D64F82C6F7D4.gif

WorldChampions1902
58 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

I wasn't referencing the Australian model as an endorsement of this strategy. It's inhumane, and stupid...Tories gonna Tory though innit 

I know you weren’t, so apologies for giving the impression that I was disagreeing with you - that is not the case. I was just attempting to reinforce the sentiment of your OP, albeit clumsily. 👍

A Boy Named Crow
4 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

I know you weren’t, so apologies for giving the impression that I was disagreeing with you - that is not the case. I was just attempting to reinforce the sentiment of your OP, albeit clumsily. 👍

Aye, all good.

I love living in Australia,  but there are elements here with some pretty ****ed up ideas about what's ok when it comes to people who want to move here now...or whose ancestors got here tens of thousands of years ago...either extreme freaks the headbangers out!

5 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Nothing to see here no doubt either. Or fine number three or fine number 4. Everything’s “fine”.

DFBB707B-1BD9-45B1-9886-C0213CA77B90.jpeg

No,  yes,  but he was repeatedly assured that nobody had left to initiate the holding of a leaving event.  If there had,  he had been misinformed that he wasn't present at it.

5 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Empire 2.0

Caring is sharing. 

Partygate?
Inflation?
NI rises?
Rishi's dodgy tax issues?
Brexit backlog at Dover?

Time for a dead cat!

image.jpeg.5c21191a8090f66336621c85b7403d04.jpeg

17 hours ago, Victorian said:

No.  Just one without the vested interest of a commons seat to protect.

17 hours ago, Victorian said:

Never suggested it was.  What are you reading that I'm not typing?

:)

FWIW, I mis-read (or skim-read) your 'without' as 'with', thereby completing reversing the point you were correctly making. :lol: 

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

Nice to see a pearl amongst your usual dross - I have to take my hat off to you for that line... 👏

Merci

Damned with faint praise 👍

The Mighty Thor

Of course the obvious question in all this is who will run the Rwanda concentration camps and how much will they be making from it?

You can bet your bollocks to a barn dance that every single step ofthis inhumane process will be outsourced to chums/sponsors/donors.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Of course the obvious question in all this is who will run the Rwanda concentration camps and how much will they be making from it?

You can bet your bollocks to a barn dance that every single step ofthis inhumane process will be outsourced to chums/sponsors/donors.

Probably a Russian company will run it.

JudyJudyJudy

Well I suppose if anything he’s certainly appealing to his core supporters . It’s what they want it seems judging by the comments on this article  . He’s rather canny I’ll give him that and for the record I don’t support this at all . Just in case the usual suspects round on me 

https://www.gbnews.uk/gb-views/royal-navy-will-take-over-responsibility-for-tackling-people-crossing-channel-from-today-pm-confirms/271973?fbclid=IwAR2eXH6fKLsNd8umy0o74FFHD8k0rW7uyWziQV1g1I5F47vcpx1CbOlCSFY

Edited by JamesM48

joondalupjambo

Plans to send potentially tens of thousands of single desperate men into goodness knows what type of accommodation, general conditions and security has a recipie for disaster written over them.  Forget the politics in all this, and the party who is planning it but it is just plain stupid and unworkable.  Nobody in their right mind would see this as a sensible solution apart from folk in Kent!!

joondalupjambo
57 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

And tell me the Rwandans are to be trusted in all of this.  It has bribery and corruption written all over at so many levels.