Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Footballfirst

Just a reminder of Boris' knowledge of the Covid regulations in his response to Josephine (aged 7) in March 2020.

Happy birthday! I am glad to hear you are staying at home, though I am sorry to hear about your party! We have all got to do our bit to protect the NHS and save lives, and that is exactly what you are doing, so well done! You are setting a great example. If we can work together we can send coronavirus packing. And once we have done that, you can DEFINITELY have a party with your friends! 

Meanwhile, just 3 months later on his birthday .......

"“It did not occur to me then or subsequently that a gathering in the cabinet room, just before a vital meeting on Covid strategy, could amount to a breach of the rules. That was my mistake and I apologise for it unreservedly.”

On 16/04/2022 at 07:22, JamesM48 said:

I heard it somewhere and I'm gullible as hell, but I'm trying to bluff like I'm trolling and I know what I'm doing. :whistling:

No bodder, James.  :whistling:  :toasting:

4 hours ago, Victorian said:

The Tory custom & practice,  default tactic of turning the menaces on anyone with influence who speaks out against their snakery has fairly rancid similarities with what might be expected of totalitarianist / dictatorial regimes of the present time and the past.  They'll probably be threatening to sell off the CofE.

Did some Tory MP not have a go at the Archbishop of Canterbury for "virtue signalling" over the weekend?

But isn't virtue signalling what Archbishops are supposed to do?

Jambo_jim2001
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Just a reminder of Boris' knowledge of the Covid regulations in his response to Josephine (aged 7) in March 2020.

Happy birthday! I am glad to hear you are staying at home, though I am sorry to hear about your party! We have all got to do our bit to protect the NHS and save lives, and that is exactly what you are doing, so well done! You are setting a great example. If we can work together we can send coronavirus packing. And once we have done that, you can DEFINITELY have a party with your friends! 

Meanwhile, just 3 months later on his birthday .......

"“It did not occur to me then or subsequently that a gathering in the cabinet room, just before a vital meeting on Covid strategy, could amount to a breach of the rules. That was my mistake and I apologise for it unreservedly.”

Which one is the three year olds hand writing,mines is on the reply 🤔

Jambo_jim2001
1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

Would be great if the police had the gonads to do that, without fear or favour my bahookie.

WorldChampions1902

@Footballfirst gonna be interesting to see so many backbenchers being forced to either back the POS, or stick by their morals and back the motion. No chance that the motion will be carried so Labour can then name and shame the Tories that back the POS.

Lord Montpelier
23 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

**** me. 

A tory with balls. 

Someone finally called him out. 

Edit: Mark Harper former Tory whip. 

Good on him. Hopefully more follow

It is though one more than the number of SNP sycophants who have ever challenged dear Nicola the Supreme Leader, about anything, ever. 

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

@Footballfirst gonna be interesting to see so many backbenchers being forced to either back the POS, or stick by their morals and back the motion. No chance that the motion will be carried so Labour can then name and shame the Tories that back the POS.

I'm sure that is Labour's intention. Name and shame everyone who votes against referral and use it in subsequent election material.

I note that Chris Bryant has offered to recuse himself as chair of the standards committee as he has previously made a number of statements criticising the PM over partygate. Perhaps he feels that more Tories would be liable to vote for the motion in the knowledge that the review committee would be chaired by a Tory.

dobmisterdobster
16 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

It is though one more than the number of SNP sycophants who have ever challenged dear Nicola the Supreme Leader, about anything, ever. 

Joanna Cherry did and she was made an outcast. Her and Salmond are far better politicians than the dwarves who run the SNP now.

JudyJudyJudy
25 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

True that 

7 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Joanna Cherry did and she was made an outcast. Her and Salmond are far better politicians than the dwarves who run the SNP now.

She’s head and shoulders above that vengeful , twisted person and cone to think of it even Salmond is 

8 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Oh you two will cop it shortly when the attack dogs awake from their afternoon siesta 

Lord Montpelier
37 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Fair point. Cherry did, your right. 

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

😂

Aye but Sturgeon but.

Every time.

Risible.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Imaman said:

Oh you two will cop it shortly when the attack dogs awake from their afternoon siesta 

Im shaking in my boots     ...........................  lol 

JudyJudyJudy

well least there was some good news today. NS confirming that after the next Indy ref she will  be in a job. Well not leading the SNP anymore.  Honestly at last. 

Footballfirst

The Tories say "Lets kick the can down the road again".

The Labour motion already stated that the standards committee wouldn't carry out their investigation until the conclusion of the Met investigation.

The Tories are just looking to shut down any discussion of the matter, and save their MPs from the embarrassment associated with voting against the Labour motion.

Edited by Footballfirst

The Mighty Thor
14 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The Tories say "Lets kick the can down the road again".

The Labour motion already stated that the standards committee wouldn't carry out their investigation until the conclusion of the Met investigation.

The Tories are just looking to shut down any discussion of the matter.

It's almost like they're not prepared to let it be investigated and put to bed so they can get on with the job at hand? 

Surprising that. 

While people might be thinking about the Police fines just now, the big problem is Sue Gray's report. From her summary I think it's going to be devastating. 

Footballfirst
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

While people might be thinking about the Police fines just now, the big problem is Sue Gray's report. From her summary I think it's going to be devastating. 

At the current rate of progress of the Met's investigations, it seems highly unlikely to be completed before the local elections.  The amendment buys BoJo time and he will hope that stopping the Labour motion in its tracks avoids a negative impact on the May election.

A month or two's delay could equally work against BoJo if the May election results are bad for the Tories.  Their MPs may then be minded to view BoJo as an electoral liability going forward and either vote for a review or initiate a confidence vote via Graham Brady. 

Edited by Footballfirst

The Mighty Thor

Rattled much? 

When you get past the affrontery of a member of this Tory government asking anyone to correct the record and actually read the letter and get to the 'Kremlin sympathiser' bit you realise where these amoral reptiles have got to. 

The Tories have taken nearly £3 million in 'Kremlin sympathy' and Spaffer made the son of a KGB colonel a Lord. 

Lord Montpelier
3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

😂

Aye but Sturgeon but.

Every time.

Risible.

Sturgeon in for me. She's proven she can't deliver your nationalist day dreams. 

But just keep doing as she tells you MT, toe the party line, it's the SNP way. 

The Mighty Thor
10 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Sturgeon in for me. She's proven she can't deliver your nationalist day dreams. 

But just keep doing as she tells you MT, toe the party line, it's the SNP way. 

Sturgeon doesn't need to do anything. 

Just let the Tories keep on Torying. 

Lord Montpelier
5 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Sturgeon doesn't need to do anything. 

Just let the Tories keep on Torying. 

Your right MT, she doesn't do anything. 

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Rattled much? 

When you get past the affrontery of a member of this Tory government asking anyone to correct the record and actually read the letter and get to the 'Kremlin sympathiser' bit you realise where these amoral reptiles have got to. 

The Tories have taken nearly £3 million in 'Kremlin sympathy' and Spaffer made the son of a KGB colonel a Lord. 

The aggression towards every person and organisation who threatens or challenges or speaks about the institutional deceit is quite striking.  They're basically in the foothills of complete intolerance of any dissent.  The very opposite of what Dowden proposes.

BBC

Channel 4

Independent scientific advisers

Archbishop of Canterbury

Her Majesty's opposition

All being menaced or warned off from singing the wrong tune.  Who next?  Put the whole press under government control?  Censor the OBR and BofE?  Privatise the civil service?

The self-styled champions of free press have a remarkable record of disengagement from speaking to the free press.  Especially the harder hitting broadcast media such as Channel 4 News.

Odd.

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Rattled much? 

Starmer still hasn’t had a proper apology from Johnson over his Savile outburst, where he accused Starmer of not prosecuting Savile because he was too busy going after journalists. His apologists only tried to deny he said it, initially, then that he didn’t mean it in the way it came over.

He clearly and unambiguously accused Starmer of turning a blind eye to Savile, in a fit of rage. He lost control of himself when pressured. It was a completely false accusation blurted out in temper.

I’m fairly sure he almost repeated the slur during PMQs today, when denying he criticised the BBC’s coverage of Putin in Ukraine, but managed to stop himself this time.

I’m no fan of Starmer, but it’s hypocritical of any Conservative to think Johnson now deserves an apology from anybody over unsubstantiated claims against him. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Your right MT, she doesn't do anything. 

I’d second that . She does nothing rather well . 

Roxy Hearts
6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I’d second that . She does nothing rather well . 

Not true. She winds the unionists and Britnats right up!

On 19/04/2022 at 19:28, Victorian said:

This government has been markedly reluctant to even consider the demand side of the energy market by attempting energy efficiency.  But even the biggest energy corporates are now crying out for it in order to head off some of the poverty carnage to come.

Beggars belief that even the commercially advantaged are more interested in social justice and basic human rights.

Mmmm

I think they might just realise that it's a question of can't pay won't pay.

So looking for government(us our money)

Perhaps if they were serious they'd announce a freeze of dividends etc(not sure if they can)

They know most or at least an awful lot wont be able to pay.

Unfortunately the poorest will have to top up their prepay meters.

The government even this shower of scumbags will be forced to do something.

But please don't imagine the robbing bstartz at the likes of Scottish Power give a single fek about social justice.

8 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I'm not sure she does on the whole. A handful, sure, but the majority love her as they know she doesn't want independence and even if she did isn't skilled enough to deliver it. The only people who should be wound up by her are those in favour of independence. For that reason, she does indeed wind me right up 

I'm not sure she does on the whole. A handful, sure, but the majority love her as they know she doesn't want independence and even if she did isn't skilled enough to deliver it. The only people who should be wound up by her are those in favour of independence. For that reason, she does indeed wind me right up 

JudyJudyJudy
24 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Urgghh, multiple posts. Sorry 🤦🏻‍♂️

I was well worth reading thrice...  :) 

The Dragon Reborn
30 minutes ago, Taffin said:

The stuff about Sturgeon not wanting independence is absolutely bonkers imo 🤪

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

James you've changed your views since you got dressed

Oh come on IM not that bad :) 

image-23-10-21-11-03-1.gif

54 minutes ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

The stuff about Sturgeon not wanting independence is absolutely bonkers imo 🤪

We'll see, I guess. If someone can't deliver it against a backdrop of Brexit and Tory chaos then I'm left to arrive at two conclusions:

1. Doesn't want it 

2. Isn't capable of delivering it 

I think it's a bit of both. If independence is delivered, it won't be under Sturgeon, of that I'm certain.

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

We'll see, I guess. If someone can't deliver it against a backdrop of Brexit and Tory chaos then I'm left to arrive at two conclusions:

1. Doesn't want it 

2. Isn't capable of delivering it 

I think it's a bit of both. If independence is delivered, it won't be under Sturgeon, of that I'm certain.

She doesn't want to go for the throat until sure they'll win. It's pretty understandable really, lose the next one and a bunch of people WILL be scunnered on the conversation.