More Tory lies

aussieh

40 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

1h

EXCL: Simon Case and team had a Christmas party on Dec 17 2020 at 5.30 pm in room 103 of the Cabinet Office. The digital calendar invites sent in advance called it "Christmas party!"

When is a party not a party ? 

You just couldn't make this up, could you?

• Replies 27.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Questions raised about the appointment of Martin Thomas (a mate of BoJo) as the head of the Charities commission.

A short time later

And these things are coming out whilst they are in power...........just imagine what'll come out when they aren't in power.

39 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

You just couldn't make this up, could you?

Just seeing on Twitter - he actually had TWO parties and now Tories on Twitter are asking "why didn't he say so at the time ?".

In fact he was asked and govt members were asked (if he attended any parties) and they refused to answer !. 

5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Simon Case removed from the case.

Given No 10s assurances that Case had been appointed following "due diligence" does that now mean there is now a need for an investigation into exactly what that "due diligence" comprised?

image.png.a18a2035cf6ece0dac8d529ccead1106.png

17 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Given No 10s assurances that Case had been appointed following "due diligence" does that now mean there is now a need for an investigation into exactly what that "due diligence" comprised?

image.png.a18a2035cf6ece0dac8d529ccead1106.png

Read it again - he never says "due dilligence" has been carried out. In fact, it's a completely inappropriate term. Case was aksed and so were senrior Tories - did he attend Xmas parties ? They all refused to answer. 

10 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Read it again - he never says "due dilligence" has been carried out. In fact, it's a completely inappropriate term. Case was aksed and so were senrior Tories - did he attend Xmas parties ? They all refused to answer. 

I'm not sure I get your point? What's the significance of due diligence "has been followed " versus "has been carried out"?

14 minutes ago, RobboM said:

I'm not sure I get your point? What's the significance of due diligence "has been followed " versus "has been carried out"?

I didn't make it clear - the simple statement is "due dilligence has been carried out" - that's what he infers. And even if due dilligence was followed it doesn't mean Case was cleared  due dilligence is a process not an outcome. 

But he doesn't say that because he opens by saying  "I think".... in other words, he doesn't know. But he knows (or should know) that Case point blank refused to publicly confirm whether he attended Xmas parties. 

7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I didn't make it clear - the simple statement is "due dilligence has been carried out" - that's what he infers. And even if due dilligence was followed it doesn't mean Case was cleared  due dilligence is a process not an outcome. 

But he doesn't say that because he opens by saying  "I think".... in other words, he doesn't know. But he knows (or should know) that Case point blank refused to publicly confirm whether he attended Xmas parties. 

OK thanks Nano understood. I didn't read it with any significance to the "I think" part. The "I" means No 10 Spokesperson on behalf of No 10. In other words No 10 thinks No 10 has followed due dilligence in appointing Case.

nntr

I'm loving the "drip, drip, drip" way this is all unfolding.

Drip! New claim in the press

Drip! Ministers deny it

Drip! Denial proven to be false

Day after day after day.

It's glorious.

Konrad von Carstein
2 minutes ago, Cade said:

I'm loving the "drip, drip, drip" way this is all unfolding.

Drip! New claim in the press

Drip! Ministers deny it

Drip! Denial proven to be false

Day after day after day.

It's glorious.

These things happen, time to move on Comrades...

:qqb006:

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Just seeing on Twitter - he actually had TWO parties and now Tories on Twitter are asking "why didn't he say so at the time ?".

In fact he was asked and govt members were asked (if he attended any parties) and they refused to answer !. 

Little wonder that Johnson was happy to have him lead the "investigation"

WorldChampions1902

Finally……finally…….large numbers of The Gullibles are starting to see the Liar-in-Chief for what he is. Not before time and more and more Gullibles are snapping out of their self-induced slumber of denial. Tick Tock.

96615629-52AA-4A17-948F-C32D64D7D7C8.png

WorldChampions1902

Sir Roger Gale saying today about Johnson, “Three strikes and he’s out”. He is already on two strikes, Partygate and the North Shropshire humiliation. Looks like the Tories are now desperately trying to nip any potential Third Strikes in the bud, with the Simon Case scenario.

Tick Tock.

Nucky Thompson

Boris is toast.

Unfortunately for most on this thread, their new leader will be primed for the next GE and they don't have much to beat in Sir Keir 

The shit show just keeps on rolling. 

The new head of the charity watchdog dramatically quit yesterday before even taking up his post.

Martin Thomas, 58, a friend of Boris Johnson, stepped down from his new job after it emerged he had resigned from a previous post after being found guilty of ‘inappropriate’ conduct.

It came after questions were raised about his appointment at the Charity Commission in the wake of a probe into alleged bullying earlier this year, when he was chairman of Women for Women International UK.

He faced three formal misconduct complaints at the charity, which helps women in warzones rebuild their lives, in five years.

In one incident, Mr Thomas sent a junior female employee a picture on WhatsApp of himself taken in a Victoria’s Secret lingerie store. He said he had intended to send it to the charity’s chief executive.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10322797/New-head-charity-watchdog-forced-resign-starting-job.html#comments

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Boris is toast.

Unfortunately for most on this thread, their new leader will be primed for the next GE and they don't have much to beat in Sir Keir 

Whichever party is in Government, it needs a PM who can do the job.  Johnson is toast because he deserves to be.

And so the rowing back on brexit begins. Even folk like Parrish can see what's coming -

The Tories have lost their keel, their ballast, their balance; lost the centre of gravity that keeps a political movement from capsizing in the face of any sudden gust. And it didn’t start with Johnson. It started when David Cameron called a referendum on Europe.

WorldChampions1902
17 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

And so the rowing back on brexit begins. Even folk like Parrish can see what's coming -

The Tories have lost their keel, their ballast, their balance; lost the centre of gravity that keeps a political movement from capsizing in the face of any sudden gust. And it didn’t start with Johnson. It started when David Cameron called a referendum on Europe.

How very true! Not that the hard of thinking will concede they were conned.

WorldChampions1902
56 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

They certainly seem to recruit the good lookin burdz though ay 

Only three blondes too. There goes another myth.

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Ian Hislop has summed up that Times Parrish article nicely……..

Ian Hislop
22 HOURS AGO
Matthew Parris has given us a totally accurate analysis of the situation. The Tory Party was riven by Brexit. There is no reconciling the ERG fantasists pursuing their sunlit uplands and the more traditional conservatives seeking practical solutions to practical problems. Only a dissembler like Johnson, who believes in nothing other than his own advancement, was able for a while to paper over the cracks in the Tory Party. As a result of Johnson's hubristic belief in one rule for him and another set of rules for others those cracks have now been revealed for all to see. The electorate has now lost faith in a divided party trying to pretend that all is well. Even if the Tories were to find a more honest new leader, how could such a person reconcile the factions in the party and pretend that all is fine?

4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The drip effect is gathering pace

Magnificent. 

The lying mutant is a dead man squawking. 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Implosion imminent?

Nah. They sneaked out the news that UK had caved in re EU involvement on the NIP on the night of the N Shrops disaster. No surprise Frost has quit IMO,  after all his bluster and BS and threats about "triggering!  Art16, he has spectacularly failed.

Brexit reality is biting. 

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Brexit reality is biting. 

So are all of Mogg's happy British fish, straight into the nets of the newly licensed French trawlers 

:muggy:

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

So are all of Mogg's happy British fish, straight into the nets of the newly licensed French trawlers 

:muggy:

France has basically been given all the outstanding fishing permits apart from around 60 which they're now pursuing through the EU - which was also announced this week. 

"Taking back control" never looked more out of control. 

3 minutes ago, Costanza said:

"The single set of rules in the single market makes it easier for us to operate across all of Europe." 

By definition, not being in the SM makes it more difficult for "us". 

As we're about to find out next year , unless Doris gets yet another delay on introducing in-bound customs checks. 

WorldChampions1902
5 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

France has basically been given all the outstanding fishing permits apart from around 60 which they're now pursuing through the EU - which was also announced this week. 

"Taking back control" never looked more out of control. 

French fishermen still threatening blockades in January over the remaining ungranted U.K. licences.

Edited by WorldChampions1902

From Peston...(my emphasis) ...

Confirmed: Brexit minister Lord Frost will resign from the government at end of year (as per report in

@MailOnline

). According to a colleague: Frost handed his resignation to

@BorisJohnson

“earlier this month after opposing the Plan B covid measures in cabinet”. MTF

😂

Aye, nothing to do with "caving in"  on the EUCJ role in the NIP.

Things getting fractious behind the scenes tonight with the fabulous brexit  boys.   Arch right wing nut job Steve Baker kicks out Dorries for her @rselicking support for Clownshoes and the brexit Napoleon Bridgen applauds. 

2 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

The images from the WhatsApp group chat that Nadine Dorries got kicked out of tonight are FAF. If genuine of course. 😉

You just beat me to it. Sam Coates is tweeting it, so I'm assuming it's legit. 

Looks like the real reason for brexit becomes clearer with the leaking of the WhattsApp convo - "radical supply side reform". Who could've guessed it was never about "taking back control". It's actually about getting rid of controls. I can't believe Steve Baker and his American right wing nut job money would lie like this. 

12 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

"The single set of rules in the single market makes it easier for us to operate across all of Europe." 

By definition, not being in the SM makes it more difficult for "us". 

As we're about to find out next year , unless Doris gets yet another delay on introducing in-bound customs checks. 

It's incredible when you think about it.

Argues during the referendum that leaving the Single Market is a bad idea. Then as an unelected individual, negotiates a Brexit Deal that he then spends a year trying to undo to make it harder and worse and then quits just before the reality of the custom check changes come in.

Allegedly there is much more footage from that press conference where the parties were joked about.

The other footage has all kinds of uncomfortable content, including jokes about Boris' mistresses and his kids.

I'm sure it's just a matter of time before it's published.

Drip, drip, drip.

WorldChampions1902
9 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Looks like the real reason for brexit becomes clearer with the leaking of the WhattsApp convo - "radical supply side reform". Who could've guessed it was never about "taking back control". It's actually about getting rid of controls. I can't believe Steve Baker and his American right wing nut job money would lie like this. 

FFS. If people just forget their ‘cult’ for just one minute and contemplate that last line, “Deregulate financial markets”. That was one of the main reasons for the last financial crash in 2008. Deregulation allowed the Financial sharks to indulge in their dodgy property-related financial transactions (sub-prime anyone?) and lax/cheap credit.

Of course, anyone who watched the films ,”Inside Job” and “The Big Short”, will realise that it is just a matter of time, before we do it all again.