More Tory lies

aussieh

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

If the cabal had their way, that 'abusive and harrassing' post would see you in one of Patel's re-education camps. 

Criticism of the party will not be tolerated. 

:Agree:  subversive,  seditious terrorist that I am.  Working against the party state for alien powers (humans).

• Replies 27.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WorldChampions1902
2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Time to move on comrades 

No it’s not and we won’t. Justice needs to be done.

9F2B43C7-D004-4079-8E2B-FB093230B62F.jpeg

2 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Depends on your views on lobbying I guess. Read about him and forms your own views, for me it throws up some interesting questions about what is actually under the hood politics wise. 

I have. You saying Steve Bray is a lobbyist ? And my original question still stands - who is paying him ? 

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

He and his enablers are mumping about no right of appeal and 17 witnesses who he wanted to present but couldn't.

Lies.

The 17 witnesses made submissions and they were read and considered as part of the evidence.  He had legal counsel.  The appeal formed part of the process.

The standards commissioner described this case as the worst ever example of paid advocacy.  

Brilliant demolition of this on C4News from a Labour spokesman. There is an appeals process and he used it. He was also allowed & did call character witnesses.

C4N said he wasn't allowed to call all 17.

Though quite why you'd need 17 people to say what a good chap you are remains unclear.

5 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Brilliant demolition of this on C4News from a Labour spokesman. There is an appeals process and he used it. He was also allowed & did call character witnesses.

C4N said he wasn't allowed to call all 17.

Though quite why you'd need 17 people to say what a good chap you are remains unclear.

Law of probability type thing.  Swamp the hearing with character witness submissions.  Rely on the hearing to be fooled into assuming that one has to be a non-liar/cheat/thief/snake.

Edited by Victorian

2 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

You don't see how drawing attention to an individual could invite trouble or a pile on? Ok, nothing I can say to that.

Do you know anything about the guy ? Have you seen him on TV (cos you should have , many times, during the "no deal brexit" times" a few years back ).

The Tories hate him and he is well known to them, he was seen frequently in the background of TV interviews at Westminster and he hassles govt ministers to-ing & fro-ing in Whitehall. 

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Law of probability type thing.  Swamp the hearing with character witness submissions.  Rely on the hearing to be fooled into assuming that one has to be a non-liar/cheat/thief/snake.

It was interesting how it ended ,  I can't recall the verbatim but it went  like this -

"He wasn't allowed to call all 17 witnesses"*

"Even in a court of law , you can't just bring in as many witnesses as you like". 

* AT this point I was shouting at the telly as the Tories are clearly lying about the lack of appeal and being prevented from calling witnesses. 

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It was interesting how it ended ,  I can't recall the verbatim but it went  like this -

"He wasn't allowed to call all 17 witnesses"*

"Even in a court of law , you can't just bring in as many witnesses as you like". 

* AT this point I was shouting at the telly as the Tories are clearly lying about the lack of appeal and being prevented from calling witnesses. 

The irony is the insistence to align this process to other employment tribunals,  disciplinary processes and some kind of quasi-legal standards.

Fine.  Make these acts legally proscribed and prosecuted in a court.  

Edited by Victorian

But no.  They want a supposed legal system standard of process... but without the end consequences,  natch.

Edited by Victorian

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

There will be a 3 page spread in the Daily Heil tomorrow about how poor Owen Patterson was being victimised. 

The utterly brazen Andrea Ledsom on C4 news earlier was actually trying to claim that this was not about changing the rules to get one of their criminals off the hook. 

Tory leadership contender Andrea Leadsom said leaving EU would be 'disaster' – then campaigned for Brexit

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The irony is the insistence to align this process to other employment tribunals,  disciplinary processes and some kind of quasi-legal standards.

Fine.  Make these acts legally proscribed and prosecuted in a court.  

100%.

The Tories want some  kinda quasi legal process without any involvement of the legal system. 

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

A particularly troubling person.  She has a veneer of pleasantries but it doesn't take a great deal for the hubris and annoyance to surface under interview.  Deals with scrutiny like tidying up after a jobbied dog.

She lost her shit when interviewed by Cathy Newman on C4 news saying "your accusations don't make a case !! " or words to that effect but Newman wasn't smart/quick  enough to say , the accusations being quoted actually came from MPs in her own party. 

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

She lost her shit when interviewed by Cathy Newman on C4 news saying "your accusations don't make a case !! " or words to that effect but Newman wasn't smart/quick  enough to say , the accusations being quoted actually came from MPs in her own party. 

Cathy Newman is a fine journalist but not great at keeping up the pressure when hassled back.  She gets a bit muddled.  Leadsom would have been aware of it.

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I have. You saying Steve Bray is a lobbyist ? And my original question still stands - who is paying him ? 

Lobbyist, activist, professional protester, erstwhile/prospective? LibDem candidate, not really sure how one would categorize him. No idea who is paying him now, pretty sure his crowdfunding page won't cover it though. 

Have to confess seeing him target Gove early one morning outside the cabinet office was fascinating - he was there right up in his face with the megaphone and had a snapper in tow, Gove was cool as a cucumber smiling and brushing it off, totally professional.

7 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Lobbyist, activist, professional protester, erstwhile/prospective? LibDem candidate, not really sure how one would categorize him. No idea who is paying him now, pretty sure his crowdfunding page won't cover it though. 

Have to confess seeing him target Gove early one morning outside the cabinet office was fascinating - he was there right up in his face with the megaphone and had a snapper in tow, Gove was cool as a cucumber smiling and brushing it off, totally professional.

Fair enough. I've followed him for years on twitter and he's a really decent bloke (so far !) - and def not a lobbyist. He's answered the innuendo about how he supports himself (not directed at you) when the Tories tried to undermine his popularity. His anti brexit stuff in the gardens opposite Westminster during TV interviews is hilarious . He's no threat to anyone . 

This is why Johnson has ripped up the PSC process. They're all at it and Patterson was by no means the worst :

@DamianHastie

·

28m

Long thread coming in the next week on how one big related family operating 17 different companies, managed to secure £2 billion in covid related contracts. It starts with one of the first DHSC contracts awarded in April 2020 for the future father in law of a govt minister

Johnson himself was the subject of an ongoing review by the standards commissioner.  **** knows about what though,  could be a number of things.  

Listening to Chris Bryant then Kwasi Kwarteng on the today program - this is a serious blunder by the government imo - one laid out coherently the case for action the other was sent into bat without any pads!!!

14 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

You don't see how drawing attention to an individual could invite trouble or a pile on? Ok, nothing I can say to that.

I'm seeing this differently to you. What reasonable expectation of privacy does a sitting MP have, in public, outside Westminster?

It's not an aggressive confrontation, it's nowhere near the level of a press scrum, it's nothing.

Governments should fear the public, it certainly shouldn't be the other way round.

I doubt Johnson gives a shiny one about Owen Patterson, and it's obvious Patterson is swimming up to his neck in the brown stuff. But maybe the reason the government is willing to use up so much political capital by throwing him a life raft is because Patterson knows where too many bodies are buried.

As one commentator said yesterday,  when you get into the routine of cheating,  lying and evading,  it's difficult to stop doing it.  It's normalised.

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

It’s like Sturgeon appointing the SG judge to head the enquiry into her 

Ooh,  whataboutery from our erstwhile Yes voting but now, staunchly vehement, Pro union correspondent...

:greggy:

7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

What's  that you say Skippy? 

15 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Time to move on 

:greggy:

U-turn announced as Moggy tells the house that the abolishing of the standards committee will no longer go ahead.

This is after Kwarteng went on national telly this morning to suggest that the chair of the committee should resign after Parliament voted to abolish the committee.

:rofl:

4 minutes ago, Cade said:

U-turn announced as Moggy tells the house that the abolishing of the standards committee will no longer go ahead.

This is after Kwarteng went on national telly this morning to suggest that the chair of the committee should resign after Parliament voted to abolish the committee.

:sweeet:

The likes of Laura Kuenssberg will champion the Conservatives for doing the right thing. 

Just watch the reaction of Sam Coates at the end of the clip.:24_shocked:

This has to be unprecedented. 

At least Sky are willing to say what the BBC/Fragrant laura will not dare to.

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Just watch the reaction of Sam Coates at the end of the clip.:24_shocked:

This has to be unprecedented. 

At least Sky are willing to say what the BBC/Fragrant laura will not dare to.

Speechless

manaliveits105

Good government right there willing to admit they were wrong and change course - would never happen up here with Nippoleon and her diddies 

Huzzah 

56 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

It's absolutely nothing like that. 

And I don't like the SNP. 

1 hour ago, Beni said:

I doubt Johnson gives a shiny one about Owen Patterson, and it's obvious Patterson is swimming up to his neck in the brown stuff. But maybe the reason the government is willing to use up so much political capital by throwing him a life raft is because Patterson knows where too many bodies are buried.

I think you can be pretty sure that when the public enquiry starts and there's scrutiny on the award of multi-million £ contracts to Tory friends & relations , people are going to be gobsmacked. the ByLineTimes investigation has already unearther some staggering revelations. What Patterson did doesn't even get close. This is worse, much worse and if Labour had done it the Tory MSM would have had it across every front page months ago. 

I don’t think there were any media outlets or commentators were supporting the sleaze balls on this one. I also think the electorate were up in arms well most of them. 

Edited by Boy Daniel

4 hours ago, Victorian said:

Johnson himself was the subject of an ongoing review by the standards commissioner.  **** knows about what though,  could be a number of things.  

He wanted money from the Tory party to redecorate No10 but couldn't get it (illegal) so he got it directly from Tory backers ?

Maybe the resident Conservative & Unionist voters  on here can confirm.

7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Good government right there willing to admit they were wrong and change course - would never happen up here with Nippoleon and her diddies 

Huzzah 

1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

Shocking sleaze from the Tories on this one. Change has to come.

When even the Daily Heil has had enough ....

SectionDJambo

The level of corruption and arrogance of power of this Conservative government is even worse that the last time they thought they were untouchable. They got dumped out of power back then when the British people, Conservative voters amongst them, realised they had to be stopped.

This staggering u turn by Rees Mogg, probably hung out dry by Johnson, is only due to the outrage felt by the media, public and many decent Conservative MPs who see this affair for what it is. They know they have tried to go too far this time and are on a damage limitation exercise, but they still want to change the investigatory system to help hide past and future corruption.
There will be corruption, lies and dishonesty in all colours of British politics, but the inner circle of this government have taken it to a whole new level, helped by a weak Labour party who are too busy squabbling about how far on the left they should be to offer a reliable alternative.

Randox are also heavily implicated here, as they were during the covid contracts scandal, due to their contacts within the Conservative party.

U-turn on the new,  corrupted standards system.  But the commons needs to vote again on Paterson.  It's a racing cert they'll whip like crazy and get him off.  Normal practice is for these to be nodded through.  

Edited by Victorian

SectionDJambo
7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

U-turn on the new,  corrupted standards system.  But the commons needs to vote again on Paterson.  It's a racing cert they'll whip like crazy and get him off.  Normal practice is for these to be nodded through.  

I don't think they will.  If it's not a free vote next time, as it's always been in the past, then the search will be on for the skeletons they are trying to hide.

Johnson won't risk his own skin. He'll dump anybody to save himself or line his own pockets.

34 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Huzzah 

😂😂😂😂 What a sad sad life you must have 

Possible new vote on suspending Paterson on monday.

Tory MP who was fired from her cabinet role for abstaining last night has been given her job back.

An absolute omnishambles.

12 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I don't think they will.  If it's not a free vote next time, as it's always been in the past, then the search will be on for the skeletons they are trying to hide.

Johnson won't risk his own skin. He'll dump anybody to save himself or line his own pockets.

Yeah I agree. Can’t see them involving the whips this time.

31 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Thing is with Patterson,  he's at zero risk of a by-election being called by his constituency (they're all mad brexit Tories around here) so he could have gone ahead with the findings of the PSC and it would've all blown over.  If there's no free vote (as per last time) then why bother - with 80 seat majority (and Labour abstentions too) he's home and dry (even though 27 Tories voted gaianst the motion). Amazingly, it might be the Daily Mail wot done it.

SectionDJambo
4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Thing is with Patterson,  he's at zero risk of a by-election being called by his constituency (they're all mad brexit Tories around here) so he could have gone ahead with the findings of the PSC and it would've all blown over.  If there's no free vote (as per last time) then why bother - with 80 seat majority (and Labour abstentions too) he's home and dry (even though 27 Tories voted gaianst the motion). Amazingly, it might be the Daily Mail wot done it.

There’s no doubt that the Conservative media and many of the Conservative MPs were extremely uncomfortable with this affair. It was a step too far and so obviously corrupt that even they couldn’t back it, either through morals or just the angst of public opinion finally turning against Johnson.

On the subject of Tory lies (in this case , that Toty Gov had no role in PPE contracts ) here's some food for thought - and maybe in the context of Patterson's on/off farce.

Government’s position has consistently been that Ministers had no role in PPE procurement decisions. That, as we show below, is just not true. Good Law Project has evidence that Ministers – Cabinet Ministers – and a close adviser to the Prime Minister actively helped favoured bidders win PPE contracts. 

The question is, why? Why did they go out of their way to help these middlemen?

The bare facts of what Good Law Project has learned about the Pharmaceuticals Direct contracts – two have so far been published, for £28.8m and £102.6m – are extraordinary. Matt Hancock’s position, as set out in legal documents provided to Good Law Project, is ‘nothing to see here’: his lawyers say that PDL made offers to supply PPE through the public portal.

But we hold documents showing or suggesting that:

both Boris Johnson’s controversial adviser Munira Mirza and the Home Secretary Priti Patel intervened to help middlemen win two enormous contracts for PDL;

the first middleman was Samir Jassal. He is a Conservative councillor who has been photographed with Boris Johnson, Theresa May, David Cameron, and has personal links to Priti Patel, and a string of other high profile Conservative figures;

the second middleman was Surbjit Shergill. A company he owned went from £200 in value to almost £10m in value in the year of the pandemic. Documents leaked to Good Law Project suggest he billed PDL over £16m for his services;

the £28.8m contract was won shortly after a direct intervention by Priti Patel – and was above the average market price;

the £102.6m contract (for “Meixin 2016v” FFP3 face masks) was concluded on 7 July – and only after Cabinet Office officials overruled objections that it was overpriced by £50m;

several days earlier, on 2 July, another bidder who had passed technical assurance – and had been sent a draft contract by DHSC to supply the same model “Meixin 2016v” at the exact same time – was told we had already bought enough FFP3 face masks;

that other bidder is one of several Good Law Project is aware of who, when close to winning a lucrative PPE contract, was parked and lost out to politically connected/VIP bidders. There is a strong suspicion Government insiders were passing details of contracts to their preferred bidders.

Good Law Project also holds evidence – which we will publish shortly – that other Cabinet Ministers were helping Mr Jassal and Shergill through the contracting process.    

52 minutes ago, Cade said:

Possible new vote on suspending Paterson on monday.

Tory MP who was fired from her cabinet role for abstaining last night has been given her job back.

An absolute omnishambles.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. - Groucho Marx

What does Keunnsberg do now? Revise her analysis, an analysis that shouldn't have needed changed before this UTurn? What is so obviously wrong is wrong. 

The Mighty Thor
6 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Listening to Chris Bryant then Kwasi Kwarteng on the today program - this is a serious blunder by the government imo - one laid out coherently the case for action the other was sent into bat without any pads!!!

Kwarteng was on Radio 4 this morning and below is the transcript;

NICK ROBINSON: Can you name a single thing that Boris Johnson has done to deliver higher integrity and probity in public life?

KWASI KWARTENG: I could do lots of things. We had a manifesto commitment to deliver Brexit and we delivered Brexit