• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WorldChampions1902
On 30/10/2021 at 13:58, NANOJAMBO said:

However these basics points still don’t address the massive lie about the strategy to pretend the government has reduced tax on wine. It’s actually the complete opposite. Moreover will make wine in the U.K. the most taxed in Europe.

Yet more sleight of hand by the self-servatives. But their clapping seals think the rotten fish Sushi throws to them is a succulent banquet, when it is just another lie to add to their growing mountain of lies.

And people wonder why the self-servatives don’t adequately fund the state education system?

11 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Yet more sleight of hand by the self-servatives. But their clapping seals think the rotten fish Sushi throws to them is a succulent banquet, when it is just another lie to add to their growing mountain of lies.

And people wonder why the self-servatives don’t adequately fund the state education system?

it's a devolved matter, if Nicky wants to build more schools or pay teachers more and the public are happy to pay for it in higher taxes then she should barry on. So much easier to blame someone else though...

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

it's a devolved matter, if Nicky wants to build more schools or pay teachers more and the public are happy to pay for it in higher taxes then she should barry on. So much easier to blame someone else though...

Alcohol duty is set by HMRC not the SG.

SG set a 'minimum pricing policy' which is based around the ABV of various product categories but the actual excise duty is set by HMRC. 

19 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Alcohol duty is set by HMRC not the SG.

SG set a 'minimum pricing policy' which is based around the ABV of various product categories but the actual excise duty is set by HMRC. 

JJ was talking about education. 

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

JJ was talking about education. 

Something i'm clearly lacking. That and a decent set of specs. 

:facepalm:

WorldChampions1902
3 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

I was responding to a poster who lives in England. As do I. So I was correctly placing ‘blame’ as you chose to describe it, squarely on the Tories. 

The Mighty Thor

Sajid Javid admits the Tories will miss another one of their big pre election promises as they will not deliver 6000 new GPs in England. 

Shocked

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Sajid Javid admits the Tories will miss another one of their big pre election promises as they will not deliver 6000 new GPs in England. 

Shocked

They'll maybe make 6,000 GPs get a haircut and a new pair of suede brogues and call them new recruits.  

23 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Shocked

Suspect they need to work with Universities to push more numbers through the system. Never seem to be enough places for kids who want to study medicine...

The Mighty Thor
9 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Suspect they need to work with Universities to push more numbers through the system. Never seem to be enough places for kids who want to study medicine...

Probably doesn't help when the Tory's pet press organ has been running a 'campaign' against GPs over appointments amongst other things.

It's hardly a clarion call to become a GP

1. Owen Patterson found guilty of breaking Commons rules on multiple occasions by lobbying for companies who were paying him without declaring it.

2.The Standards Commissioner suspends him from the Commons for 30 days.

3.The Government want to scrap the present system and replace it with one of their choosing, letting Patterson off the hook.

4. Job done. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/11/02/boris-johnson-seeks-replace-commons-standards-watchdog-amid/

7 hours ago, Beni said:

1. Owen Patterson found guilty of breaking Commons rules on multiple occasions by lobbying for companies who were paying him without declaring it.

3.The Government want to scrap the present system and replace it with one of their choosing, letting Patterson off the hook.

4. Job done. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/11/02/boris-johnson-seeks-replace-commons-standards-watchdog-amid/

You couldn't script this stuff.  

The Mighty Thor
8 hours ago, Beni said:

4. Job done. 

The operation is in full swing.

Quarter of a million pounds. 

Same old Tories. 

The Mighty Thor
35 minutes ago, Victorian said:

You couldn't script this stuff.  

On the contrary, you cannot be surprised by this stuff. 

It's like Goodfellas. 

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

On the contrary, you cannot be surprised by this stuff. 

It's like Goodfellas. 

The corruption is one thing and to be expected from time to time as otherwise dishonest people see opportunities to get their fingers in the till.  The skulduggery to pervert parliamentary process,  prevent the function of the independent body and to change the rules is just as bad.

Politicians get a bad name for being in it for their own ends and they all get tarred with the same brush.  Ill will is stored up and politicians are subjected to the worst excesses of some people in the public.  We've seen where that leads sometimes.  

Paterson is just a thief.  People like Leadsom are worse.  Enablers of corruption and vandals of democratic harmony.

On 01/11/2021 at 15:37, The Mighty Thor said:

Something i'm clearly lacking. That and a decent set of specs. 

:facepalm:

On 01/11/2021 at 15:38, Dazo said:

😂👍

On 01/11/2021 at 16:37, The Mighty Thor said:

if you're going to be wrong, be wrong. Then fess up! 👍

:spoton:

Man up, move on, not one of us is perfect

3pm today, a 3-line whip on Tory MPs means that Owen Paterson will get away scott-free after being found to be in flagrant breach of lobbying rules.

We truly live in a consequence-free and openly corrupt system.

Grant Shapps says that the commons standards committee needs fixing because it is "damaging public confidence".

No Shapps,  public confidence is non-existent because of corrupt politicians perverting process in order to help their friends.

Bernard Jenkin,  a friend of Paterson and on the commons standards committee,  suddenly believes that the commons standards commitee and the parliamentary system that follows it's recommendations is all wrong.  Apparently it isn't right that ALL 650 MPs get to decide on sanctions.  

They are some crew.   :rofl:

The Mighty Thor

They're utterly shameless. 

The Eton Mess stood up today at PMQs to say that paid advocacy was 'categorically wrong' however at 3pm he'll vote in the exact opposite manner.

Nobody can trust or believe a single word that passes his lips. 

6 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

And as predicted they hide behind anything they can 

Somewhat predictably she is getting pelters on the comments. Makes you wonder why she posted it until I read it again - Earlier he shouted out my name on a megaphone identifing me in a busy public place - was the bit that caught my eye, that would be threatening for anyone, perhaps more so a lady on her own? 

I regularly see this guy in action first hand, he isn't holding back...

8 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Somewhat predictably she is getting pelters on the comments. Makes you wonder why she posted it until I read it again - Earlier he shouted out my name on a megaphone identifing me in a busy public place - was the bit that caught my eye, that would be threatening for anyone, perhaps more so a lady on her own? 

They make decisions which impact on our lives , such as lockdowns so hard lines if she’s upset he shouted her name via megaphone . Boo hoo. They always need to be held to account 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

They make decisions which impact on our lives , such as lockdowns so hard lines if she’s upset he shouted her name via megaphone . Boo hoo. They always need to be held to account 

Way too simplistic, this guy goes beyond simple protest. We've had two MP's murdered, Chris Witty was accosted nearby fairly recently, she is right to be leery.

Feel free to read up on him more (Steve Bray), it's quite interesting who he is, why he is here and who is bank rolling him. This is all day, every day, it's literally his job... 

47 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Way too simplistic, this guy goes beyond simple protest. We've had two MP's murdered, Chris Witty was accosted nearby fairly recently, she is right to be leery.

Feel free to read up on him more (Steve Bray), it's quite interesting who he is, why he is here and who is bank rolling him. This is all day, every day, it's literally his job... 

Why is this relevant ? 

Great  to see the Unionists setting a good example for good governance by deciding they don't like the rules of a process they have supported for nearly 20 years just because one of their own own committed a massive breach of the rules and been convcited accordingly.

The stench of the Tory corruption of public life is truly something now. UK : a banana republic of a parliament. 

93 Tory MPs did not vote for the amendment.  A party that normally circles the wagons in unison.  No doubt at all that many of them would have abstained to protect their personal voting record from future accusations of sleaze,  but even still.  93 is a massive rebellion in these circumstances.

1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

Ill look him up.  Yes MPs have right to be cautious regarding their safety but the public also has a right to bring them to account . sometimes this can be protest and argey bargey at times. However people like Angela Rayner need to practice what they preach. 

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Not really understanding how someone shouting her name outside parliament could be considered threatening. He didn't threaten or abuse her.

As for the rest of her pish I'm struggling to see the connection between Steve Bray and a terrorist who had allegedly targeted the MP who was murdered.

It's the Tories trying to shut any kind of dissenting voice down under the auspices of security.

"One of our own has been found guilty of breaking lobbying rules!  Quick, vote to absolve him of blame and vote to abolish the committee that found him guilty!"

:cornette: :gok:

Feckin banana republic stuff

42 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Not really understanding how someone shouting her name outside parliament could be considered threatening. He didn't threaten or abuse her.

As for the rest of her pish I'm struggling to see the connection between Steve Bray and a terrorist who had allegedly targeted the MP who was murdered.

It's the Tories trying to shut any kind of dissenting voice down under the auspices of security.

You don't see how drawing attention to an individual could invite trouble or a pile on? Ok, nothing I can say to that.

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Why is this relevant ? 

Depends on your views on lobbying I guess. Read about him and forms your own views, for me it throws up some interesting questions about what is actually under the hood politics wise. 

57 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Ill look him up.  Yes MPs have right to be cautious regarding their safety but the public also has a right to bring them to account . sometimes this can be protest and argey bargey at times. However people like Angela Rayner need to practice what they preach. 

:wtf:

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

93 Tory MPs did not vote for the amendment.  A party that normally circles the wagons in unison.  No doubt at all that many of them would have abstained to protect their personal voting record from future accusations of sleaze,  but even still.  93 is a massive rebellion in these circumstances.

13 according to the BBC - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59154221

regardless - on the face of it this reeks.

Just now, Victorian said:

93.  13 voted down the amendment.  80 abstained.

ah, thanks for clarifying. Watching a rerun of the news right now, wonder what defence he has to offer? Really don't understand how you can sit as an MP and hold consulting positions concurrently.

2 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

ah, thanks for clarifying. Watching a rerun of the news right now, wonder what defence he has to offer? Really don't understand how you can sit as an MP and hold consulting positions concurrently.

He and his enablers are mumping about no right of appeal and 17 witnesses who he wanted to present but couldn't.

Lies.

The 17 witnesses made submissions and they were read and considered as part of the evidence.  He had legal counsel.  The appeal formed part of the process.

The standards commissioner described this case as the worst ever example of paid advocacy.  

The Mighty Thor
59 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

You don't see how drawing attention to an individual could invite trouble or a pile on? Ok, nothing I can say to that.

No I actually don't. 

Nor do I see how shouting 'Andrea Jenkyns' is, as claimed, spreading hatred or intimidating. 

I definitely don't see the equivalence of shouting 'Andrea Jenkyns' with a targeted jihadi murder.

It would be great if Miss Jenkyns was as concerned with corruption and standards in public life as she is with a guy with a megaphone. 

The Mighty Thor
37 minutes ago, Victorian said:

He and his enablers are mumping about no right of appeal and 17 witnesses who he wanted to present but couldn't.

Lies.

The 17 witnesses made submissions and they were read and considered as part of the evidence.  He had legal counsel.  The appeal formed part of the process.

The standards commissioner described this case as the worst ever example of paid advocacy.  

There will be a 3 page spread in the Daily Heil tomorrow about how poor Owen Patterson was being victimised. 

The utterly brazen Andrea Ledsom on C4 news earlier was actually trying to claim that this was not about changing the rules to get one of their criminals off the hook. 

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

There will be a 3 page spread in the Daily Heil tomorrow about how poor Owen Patterson was being victimised. 

The utterly brazen Andrea Ledsom on C4 news earlier was actually trying to claim that this was not about changing the rules to get one of their criminals off the hook. 

A particularly troubling person.  She has a veneer of pleasantries but it doesn't take a great deal for the hubris and annoyance to surface under interview.  Deals with scrutiny like tidying up after a jobbied dog.

The Mighty Thor
11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

A particularly troubling person.  She has a veneer of pleasantries but it doesn't take a great deal for the hubris and annoyance to surface under interview.  Deals with scrutiny like tidying up after a jobbied dog.

If the cabal had their way, that 'abusive and harrassing' post would see you in one of Patel's re-education camps. 

Criticism of the party will not be tolerated.