More Tory lies

aussieh

37 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

What does Keunnsberg do now? Revise her analysis, an analysis that shouldn't have needed changed before this UTurn? What is so obviously wrong is wrong. 

Honestly, does she do much analysis ? Mainly seems to be RTs with a bleedin' obvious comment. 

• Replies 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Cade said:

Possible new vote on suspending Paterson on monday.

Tory MP who was fired from her cabinet role for abstaining last night has been given her job back.

An absolute omnishambles.

If the other parties were halfway smart about this, they would agree to abstain, to just sit in the house (masks on, of course) and let the Conservatives alone vote on the punishment for Paterson.

That way it would absolutely shine a light on this crooked mob and leave them with no excuses when they vote to not accept the standards committee findings. 

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

Kwarteng was on Radio 4 this morning and below is the transcript;

NICK ROBINSON: Can you name a single thing that Boris Johnson has done to deliver higher integrity and probity in public life?

KWASI KWARTENG: I could do lots of things. We had a manifesto commitment to deliver Brexit and we delivered Brexit

Kay Burley slaughtered Kwarteng (who couldn't ?) on SKy news when he said they'd have a new, independent process.

KB pointed out no matter what process is introduced , it can never be independent if the MPs can be whipped to vote. 

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

When even the Daily Heil has had enough ....

I take great issue with that headline. It wasn't MPs it was lying corrupt TORY MPs

The Mighty Thor

*** BREAKING***

Paterson steps down as an MP

He gone to pursue other interests.

Counting his ill gotten cash the lying *****

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

I take great issue with that headline. It wasn't MPs it was lying corrupt TORY MPs

It also refers to "the Commons" as though it was all MPs of all parties, thus allowing them to look as though they're having a go at the Tories while actually having a go at all MPs of all persuasions. 

Great "journalism". 

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

*** BREAKING***

Paterson steps down as an MP

He gone to pursue other interests.

Counting his ill gotten cash the lying *****

So much for "I'd do it all again". 

Two days ago Paterson was facing a 30 day suspension from parliament, and most folk suspected the Tories were sleaze merchants.

Now Paterson has been forced to resign his seat, and the Tories have proven beyond any reasonable doubt that they're a bunch of corrupt self serving shysters. 

:jjyay:

'This is a painful decision but I believe the right one,' he said. 'The last two years have been an indescribable nightmare for my family and me.

'My integrity, which I hold very dear, has been repeatedly and publicly questioned.

'I maintain that I am totally innocent of what I have been accused of and I acted at all times in the interests of public health and safety.

'I, my family and those closest to me know the same. I am unable to clear my name under the current system.'

:wtf:

I wish no ill on him re his wife but what was the root cause of line of events that led to her suicide?

Who is ultimately responsible?

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

I wish no ill on him re his wife but what was the root cause of line of events that led to her suicide?

Those responsible sat beside him in the Tory benches. Pilfering our money by giving money to their mates and being financially rewarded for it is rife on these benches. 

2 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Those responsible sat beside him in the Tory benches. Pilfering our money by giving money to their mates and being financially rewarded for it is rife on these benches. 

Never anything so clear.  Brazen exploitation of a pandemic. 

The Mighty Thor

here's what I think has gone on.

Johnson and the boys thought they could do what they did yesterday and make the whole Paterson thing disappear whilst at the same time showing the whole standards committee process to be flawed (which i don't think it is) paving the way for them to disband the current independent set up and to replace it with a standards committee formed with a majority of Tory MPs or appointees. 

They didn't reckon on the spike in public interest and the ensuing backlash.

There's also a huge element of clearing the Paterson problem now so that they can get their house committee in place in time for Johnson's forthcoming case on the flat decoration and undoubtedly everything that shakes out from the public inquiry into their shenanigans surrounding covid and the awarding of public contracts. They simply cannot have all that going in front of an independent committee.

4 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

'This is a painful decision but I believe the right one,' he said. 'The last two years have been an indescribable nightmare for my family and me.

'My integrity, which I hold very dear, has been repeatedly and publicly questioned.

'I maintain that I am totally innocent of what I have been accused of and I acted at all times in the interests of public health and safety.

'I, my family and those closest to me know the same. I am unable to clear my name under the current system.'

:wtf:

he should feel free to phone up a mate at one of the Sunday papers and lay out his case. The folks sent out to defend him this morning had nothing palpable to say in defense AND they were on his side. Worth noting that lack of integrity in public life isn't restricted to one party though.

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Initially when interviewed in the local rag he didn't really say, he certainly did NOT blame his behaviour/PSC investigation at the time but when he was found guilty then  he changed tack, saying it "played a major role" in her suicide. 

The family is at a loss to understand Mrs Paterson’s decision to end her life. There was absolutely no warning of what she was going to do.

He also complained about the PSC investigation being drawn out - it was suspended while he dealt with her suicice. 

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Worth noting that lack of integrity in public life isn't restricted to one party though.

True.

However as Carly Simon once said....'Nobody does it better'

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

here's what I think has gone on.

Johnson and the boys thought they could do what they did yesterday and make the whole Paterson thing disappear whilst at the same time showing the whole standards committee process to be flawed (which i don't think it is) paving the way for them to disband the current independent set up and to replace it with a standards committee formed with a majority of Tory MPs or appointees. 

They didn't reckon on the spike in public interest and the ensuing backlash.

There's also a huge element of clearing the Paterson problem now so that they can get their house committee in place in time for Johnson's forthcoming case on the flat decoration and undoubtedly everything that shakes out from the public inquiry into their shenanigans surrounding covid and the awarding of public contracts. They simply cannot have all that going in front of an independent committee.

True, so let's hope ALL opposition parties boycott any chat about abolishing the PSC. 

41 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Honestly, does she do much analysis ? Mainly seems to be RTs with a bleedin' obvious comment. 

RT's?

Her analysis consists of the use of a withering tone or sympathetic tone. The order in which she reports information is also relevant making sure what is left in the listeners mind is as undamaging for the current govt as possible. Not an easy task but practice makes perfect.

4 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Well,  I was going to suggest him.

The overwhelming anecdotal evidence indicates he's highly likely to be guilty as sin.  The commissioner stated he was guilty of the accusations.  

I find it incredibly distasteful that he's trying to place some kind of blame on the process rather than face the hard but honest truth that his decision to do what he did was the root cause of the events.

Bereaved man.  Sorry for him for that.  Stop trying to blame someone else though.

manaliveits105
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

😂😂😂😂 What a sad sad life you must have 

I will contemplate that when I am on the beach again shortly but if I was a saddo I would probably be vying with the anti government sheep to be the most prolific poster on this and the brexit threads 

its comedy gold watching them farting in the wind trying to outdo each others outrage :greggy:

3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Good government right there willing to admit they were wrong and change course - would never happen up here with Nippoleon and her diddies 

Huzzah 

Nicola Sturgeon sat for 8 hours listening to unionist accusers, accusing her of stuff they accused her of( Spongebob Square pants use of words). I'd like to see Westminster diddies sit and get grilled for 8 hours.

manaliveits105
Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

Nicola Sturgeon sat for 8 hours listening to unionist accusers, accusing her of stuff they accused her of( Spongebob Square pants use of words). I'd like to see Westminster diddies sit and get grilled for 8 hours.

Then couldnt remember anything (aye right)

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Yet another nonsense post from you. She remembered lots and lots of information. Most of it irrelevant to what was pretty ridiculous accusations. Do you get off coming on here and posting pish?

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Yet another nonsense post from you. She remembered lots and lots of information. Most of it irrelevant to what was pretty ridiculous accusations. Do you get off coming on here and posting pish?

Definitely the poster does. 

7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

What did she not remember out of the thorough questioning? It's wonderful that one Scottish woman can wind up some people with their axes to grind. You should be looking at that stupid idiot Cole-Hamilton. What a fool that moron is!

Bojo slip this one out in the hope it would be lost in today’s shit show.

Boris Johnson accepted a free summer holiday for himself and his family from a millionaire former MP he made a peer, it was revealed today.

The Prime Minister quietly revealed in the latest list of ministerial interests that Lord Goldsmith allowed him, Carrie and Wilfred to stay at his £25,000-per-night estate near Marbella without payment.

Goldsmith is the former MP for Richmond Park - a close friend of the PM's wife - who was elevated to the peerage by Mr Johnson after losing his seat at the 2019 election.

The move allowed the 46-year-old to remain in Government as an environment minister. He is currently Minister for the Pacific and the Environment having been given an additional role in a 2020 reshuffle.

The stay at the Torre Tramores in early October sparked fury as Mr Johnson left the UK amid a gas price crisis that struck businesses. 

In the latest register, released today, a simple paragraph reads: 'The Prime Minister has a longstanding personal friendship with the Goldsmith family and, in that capacity, in October 2021, stayed in a holiday home in southern Spain which was provided free of charge by the Goldsmiths. 

'Given Lord Goldsmith is a Minister of the Crown, the arrangement has accordingly been declared.'

43 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

I will contemplate that when I am on the beach again shortly but if I was a saddo I would probably be vying with the anti government sheep to be the most prolific poster on this and the brexit threads 

its comedy gold watching them farting in the wind trying to outdo each others outrage :greggy:

God that makes it even sadder. Making up stupid, primary school names for your FM when you should be enjoying life, words fail me

I P Knightley
9 hours ago, Victorian said:

Johnson himself was the subject of an ongoing review by the standards commissioner.  **** knows about what though,  could be a number of things.  

I understand that there are a couple of things in the pipeline, including his (Carrie's) redecoration of Number 10, which has been funded Arthur Daley-style.

It was never about getting Paterson off; it was about rigging the system so that the worst of BJ's excesses (and those of other ministers) would be brushed off.

4 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

I don’t think there were any media outlets or commentators were supporting the sleaze balls on this one. I also think the electorate were up in arms well most of them. 

The S*n went with some celebrity gossip on their front page while all the other papers I saw had something about the sleaze.

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Well,  I was going to suggest him.

The overwhelming anecdotal evidence indicates he's highly likely to be guilty as sin.  The commissioner stated he was guilty of the accusations.  

I find it incredibly distasteful that he's trying to place some kind of blame on the process rather than face the hard but honest truth that his decision to do what he did was the root cause of the events.

Bereaved man.  Sorry for him for that.  Stop trying to blame someone else though.

My thoughts exactly. He led his family to the brink of shame and he alone should accept the consequences.

After being rescued by his corrupt Tory pals, Mr Paterson went on a rampage last night in a round of media interviews, instead of being perhaps a wee bit humble or being silent.

His hostile "hahaha I got away with it" attitude in those interviews seems to have been the final straw for Tory HQ and ignited the blue touch paper on a PR disaster.

This is why he's suddenly decided to quit and why everything that got voted for last night got U-turned.

Karma.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

Paterson "wants a life outside of the cruel world of politics".

:vrface:

And using his dead wife to try and garner some sympathy. What an utterly scummy human the guy is.

WorldChampions1902
6 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

It’s like Sturgeon appointing the SG judge to head the enquiry into her 

Only yesterday, you were urging comrades to “move on”. Shame on you.

6 hours ago, Beni said:

I doubt Johnson gives a shiny one about Owen Patterson, and it's obvious Patterson is swimming up to his neck in the brown stuff. But maybe the reason the government is willing to use up so much political capital by throwing him a life raft is because Patterson knows where too many bodies are buried.

At least part of that isn't true, Randox tests aren't mandatory for travel, there's a whole bunch of providers besides Randox.

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Only yesterday, you were urging comrades to “move on”. Shame on you.

More u-turns than a Conservative government 

9 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

How did 'man of the Scottish people' Duggie Ross vote yesterday?

Didn't.  Shat the bed about voting.

2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

True.

However as Carly Simon once said....'Nobody does it better'

Spoiler

For your eyes only

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Didn't.  Shat the bed about voting.

So critically didn't vote against the motion. Tacit approval. 

He'll get another chance on Monday though.

You can run from your shitehousery Duggie, but you can't hide. 

I wonder what Douglas Ross MSP thinks?

4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

So critically didn't vote against the motion. Tacit approval. 

He'll get another chance on Monday though.

You can run from your shitehousery Duggie, but you can't hide. 

I wonder what Douglas Ross MSP thinks?

Douglas Ross MSP says that it's a Westminster matter and that he,  an MSP,  is only concerned with Holyrood matters.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Victorian said:

Douglas Ross MSP says that it's a Westminster matter and that he,  an MSP,  is only concerned with Holyrood matters.

:rofl:

So the clown should give up his Westminster seat.

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:rofl:

So the clown should give up his Westminster seat.

He didn't say that but that's what he always says.  

41 minutes ago, Smithee said:

At least part of that isn't true, Randox tests aren't mandatory for travel, there's a whole bunch of providers besides Randox.

Fair do's, I just took it at face value, let the record stand corrected.

maroonlegions

Paterson, deserting the sinking ship like a rat.

Tory spin doctors on overdrive.

GUILTY of  lobbying companies he had interests in..

Moving the goal posts when caught red handed.

Tip of the ice berg..

Elected to SERVE the people my arse, SELSERVATIVES .