More Tory lies

aussieh

WorldChampions1902
3 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I read somewhere that UK needs around 50,000 customs agents (apparently we have around 150 in the UK pre 2016 , so you can see the scale of the problem).

That 50,000 figure is correct. In fact some analysts put it closer to 60,00. Whatever, it is absolutely staggering that there are 25,000 EU bureaucrats to oil the wheels of Brussels day-to-day business and one of the big Leaver gripes was the amount of bureaucrats and red tape the EU imposed! That’s  right, the brain-dead actually posed that as one of their arguments for leaving.

And where are we today? The U.K. has to employ double those numbers of EU bureaucrats and witness a ten-fold increase in paperwork to continue trading with the EU. 

Risible.

Edited by WorldChampions1902

• Replies 27.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Boy Named Crow
16 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

That 50,000 figure is correct. In fact some analysts put it closer to 60,00. Whatever, it is absolutely staggering that there are 25,000 EU bureaucrats to oil the wheels of Brussels day-to-day business and one of the big Leaver gripes was the amount of bureaucrats and red tape the EU imposed! That’s  right, the brain-dead actually posed that as one of their arguments for leaving.

And where are we today? The U.K. has to employ double those numbers of EU bureaucrats and witness a ten-fold increase in paperwork to continue trading with the EU. 

Risible.

When you put it like that,  it's almost as if stupid people voted for something they did not understand. That can't be right though,  democracy is a good idea... isn't it???

As Gowzer might say... faaaaaaarrrrrrrkkkkkk!!!!!!

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

5 hours ago, Victorian said:

Like her or not,  Thatcher's Iron Lady name was well earned as she was a tough customer who achieved desired outcomes from disputes and negotiations.  Giving that arsehole an Iron Man handle is a spectacular piece of unintended irony.  He's a political,  economic and societal vandal and nothing more.

Lol too true, more like Patrick from Spongebob Squarepants.

48 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

C2936E80-EC46-47AC-9825-586EE10B4EC7.jpeg

It certainly won't plunge that witless sponger into poverty. Or her daughter. Or her sister. All on the gravy train.

What really ****s me off is they get an 80K salary AND a £25 A DAY food budget ffs. Must be "grim and desperately difficult" to survive on that (plus the housing allowance, decor and furnishing allowance, travel allowance, subsidised food and drink in westminster...). 

I feel for them, barely scraping by - it's no wonder that none of them can do the day job properly. They'll be down the food banks soon...

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

Absolutely damning and the tip of the iceberg.

Unfortunately, it is going to take years to uncover all of the corruption and even then, much of it will be swept under the carpet. But at least clawing back £20 a week on Universal Credit payments to our most vulnerable members of society will start to make our finances look a bit better.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Absolutely damning and the tip of the iceberg.

Unfortunately, it is going to take years to uncover all of the corruption and even then, much of it will be swept under the carpet. But at least clawing back £20 a week on Universal Credit payments to our most vulnerable members of society will start to make our finances look a bit better.

👍

manaliveits105

Over 24 hours since previous oh look what I’ve found 

our resident comrades hearts just aren’t in it 

10 more years 

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Over 24 hours since previous oh look what I’ve found 

our resident comrades hearts just aren’t in it 

10 more years 

Care to translate?

On 09/10/2021 at 11:26, HartleyLegend3 said:

All the while these ***** MP's get a £25 allowance for lunch everyday. :lol: You couldn't write it. Absolute scumbags. 

Edited by Cruyff

24 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

All the while these ***** MP's get a £25 allowance for lunch everyday. :lol: You couldn't write it. Absolute scumbags. 

And the king of sleaze, Derek Mackay, has claimed £14k in expenses since resigning, despite having never been near Holyrood. 

As you say, scumbags, the whole lot of them 

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

And the king of sleaze, Derek Mackay, has claimed £14k in expenses since resigning, despite having never been near Holyrood. 

As you say, scumbags, the whole lot of them 

Defo, every single one of them are on the gravy train for freebies. It is an absolute disgrace that some of the poorest folk in society will lose £20 a month while some millionaire politician gets £25 quid allowance a day for their lunch. 

45 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Defo, every single one of them are on the gravy train for freebies. It is an absolute disgrace that some of the poorest folk in society will lose £20 a month while some millionaire politician gets £25 quid allowance a day for their lunch. 

Yep and £300 a day for pitching up in the Lords.

I'm going to speak to my boss tomorrow about a daily attendance allowance 😂

30 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yep and £300 a day for pitching up in the Lords.

I'm going to speak to my boss tomorrow about a daily attendance allowance 😂

It's a joke. I remember some MP or Lord a while back who billed the public for getting his moat cleaned, it seems nothing changed with those sponging pricks. 

Cross-party agreement to reduce Lords to 600 members.

Boris appoints more than 50 more of them this year alone to take the total to over 850.

:rofl:

They brought in the Protest Bill for a very good reason.

Don’t want the proles hitting the cobbles to agitate against these things.

Meanwhile BJ is lying on a sunbed in Marbella, the guest of a tax avoider !

They’re pissing down our legs !

Edited by Boab

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Boab said:

The Eton mess won't be paying a bolt for his holiday. Of that you can be 100% sure. 

4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The Eton mess won't be paying a bolt for his holiday. Of that you can be 100% sure. 

Aye, I think Lord Fink has made a few Bob avoiding daft things like tax !

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Boab said:

Only 35 days since his last holiday. 
Pissing down our legs I like that :lol: 👍🏼

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Only 35 days since his last holiday. 
Pissing down our legs I like that :lol: 👍🏼

It would be funny if it wasn’t so depressing !

It’s been a Machiavellian masterclass from this government in the last 10 years. Deceit, corruption and downright lies are shrugged off as they done the “ right “ things first. Media control and manipulation is easy to sell to an idiot electorate. 
It’s now barefaced criminality, cheered on by a population of wound up toy monkeys with cymbals !

Edited by Boab

1 hour ago, Boab said:

It’s been a Machiavellian masterclass from this government in the last 10 years. Deceit, corruption and downright lies are shrugged off as they done the “ right “ things first. Media control and manipulation is easy to sell to an idiot electorate. 
It’s now barefaced criminality, cheered on by a population of wound up toy monkeys with cymbals !

Spot on. 

WorldChampions1902
2 hours ago, Boab said:

It’s now barefaced criminality, cheered on by a population of wound up toy monkeys with cymbals !”

Brilliant!

:gok:

Edited by WorldChampions1902

WorldChampions1902
4 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I think it’s called “back-scratching”.

D12816AA-1303-4B1E-AD01-7B59796A18A2.jpeg

3 hours ago, Boab said:

:greatpost:

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

I think it’s called “back-scratching”.

D12816AA-1303-4B1E-AD01-7B59796A18A2.jpeg

The levels of corruption and the fact that don't even bother trying to hide it any more would make the likes of Idi Amin proud.

2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The levels of corruption and the fact that don't even bother trying to hide it any more would make the likes of Idi Amin proud.

Amin de moneeey!

23 hours ago, Cruyff said:

F'iing right mate!  I bet oor SNP Westminster MP's dinnae get anywhere near that.

This public spat between the Business Secretary and the Treasury is highly indicative of where the Tories are in terms of solving the critical problems of the day.  Too busy in-fighting and avoiding responsibility as a collective government to actually work together to work the problem.  The fact that the Business Secretary has now submitted what's being called a 'formal request' for solutions to the Treasury is frightening.  Absurd.  Surreal.  

They're not a government.  Not a party.  It's a collection of counter-productive wasters looking for an escape hatch to escape the most blame possible from the carnage that they know damn well will hit.  None of them share any of the jeopardy faced by the ordinary person so they don't give a shit about disappearing goods & services,  failed companies,  unemployment,  spiralling prices and resultant dangerous inflation.  They're all comfortable,  insulated and not incentivised to get rid of the criminally negligent arsehole at the top.  

47 minutes ago, Victorian said:

formal request' for solutions to the Treasury is frightening.  Absurd.  Surreal.  

Whilst I agree with your post the Treasury holds the purse strings all spending goes through them. However it’s should not be refused in these circumstances unless of course we are skint. 

Just now, Boy Daniel said:

Whilst I agree with your post the Treasury holds the purse strings all spending goes through them. However it’s should not be refused in these circumstances unless of course we are skint. 

It's the so-called 'formal request' that's absurd.  It should be a normal,  part and parcel function in the machinery of government.  The Business Dept. has been forced into some kind of surreal formal application for support within the same government.  This after the CotE publicly embarrassed the Business Secretary for no obvious purpose.  A normally functioning government would never dream of airing it's internal grievances and process the discussions regarding economic support without all of the amateur dramatics.

The Tories,  in and amongst the curious set of contradictory policies and philosophies they're currently juggling quite badly,  are utterly fixated on a principle of not supporting anybody or anything that they deem to be unviable.  The trouble is that they've deemed viable concerns to be unviable.  Another trouble is that there are concerns of questionable viability who,  when placed in a context and together in a marketplace,  also represent a critical,  national interest.  There are companies and industries that are so critical to the viability of the economy as a whole that they are automatically viable,  at least during this critical time.

It wont take much to send the economy on a very serious spiral.  Sticking to one set of ideological obsessions while profound supply and employment problems pile up is going to end nasty.

The Mighty Thor
15 hours ago, Victorian said:

It wont take much to send the economy on a very serious spiral.  Sticking to one set of ideological obsessions while profound supply and employment problems pile up is going to end nasty.

Buckle up!

The man in charge was only last week described as 'economically illiterate' by normally sycophantic groups such as the CBI and the Adam Smith Institute.

It's going to be a long winter for this Government and all of it entirely of their own making. 

26 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Buckle up!

The man in charge was only last week described as 'economically illiterate' by normally sycophantic groups such as the CBI and the Adam Smith Institute.

It's going to be a long winter for this Government and all of it entirely of their own making. 

There's nothing to prevent a series of consequential crises compounding on and on.  They operate to a defunct,  redundant set of ideologies of the private sector and the market economy always being present and reactive enough to provide supply to meet demand.  An ideology that may have limped on pre-Brexit but is hopelessly flawed after the type of devil-may-care,  isolationist,  badly mitigated Brexit that was imposed via a grand deception to buy ultra short term personal political gain.  There's nowhere near enough big business,  national interest industry,  energy security or labour market resilience to ensure reasonable supply chains,  stable business costs,  stability of consumer prices and to prevent self-fuelling inflation.  As long as business cost bases remain so volatile and unsustainable and as long as we deny ourselves vital affordable labour supply,  it'll keep lurching on with significant harms.  It's all going to need radical public funded underpinning during a vulnerable era instead of a bunch of charlatans operating to an obsolete 1980s Thatcher playbook.

WorldChampions1902

@Victorian

The U.K. economy is Service based as it employs nearly 80% in that sector. The Financial Services area on its own generates around 12% of total tax revenues to the exchequer and as has been covered on here previously, we are yet to see the full impact in these areas.

The factors you highlight, coupled with these and a whole lot more all point to a very difficult time ahead for the average citizen. As ever, the wealthy will be immune.

But Brexit is ‘barry’ (White).

8 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

@Victorian

The U.K. economy is Service based as it employs nearly 80% in that sector. The Financial Services area on its own generates around 12% of total tax revenues to the exchequer and as has been covered on here previously, we are yet to see the full impact in these areas.

The factors you highlight, coupled with these and a whole lot more all point to a very difficult time ahead for the average citizen. As ever, the wealthy will be immune.

But Brexit is ‘barry’ (White).

The most effective and practical overall strategy I see as securing a reasonable functioning economy through the next few years would be a scheme of nationalisation of a wide range of private business and private industry that represents critical national interests to the economy,  employment and secure supply chains.  Temporary of course.  Anything that's of threat of disappearing from the marketplace or anything that threatens to cause consequential harm to rising costs and subsequent inflation.  All run as arm's length enterprises.  Where there's profits to be made then make them.  Where there's losses to absorb then absorb them.  Secure the employment of people.  Secure critical businesses in supply chains.  Suppress what would represent unsustainable costs and losses for private enterprises.  Transition towards privatisation by creating a coherent strategy to attract people into sectors and to train and skill.  Invest public money in a national plan to stabilise in the short term to prevent a net loss in the longer term.

But of course,  the ruling ideologues could never countenance it.

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The most effective and practical overall strategy I see as securing a reasonable functioning economy through the next few years would be a scheme of nationalisation of a wide range of private business and private industry that represents critical national interests to the economy,  employment and secure supply chains.  Temporary of course.  Anything that's of threat of disappearing from the marketplace or anything that threatens to cause consequential harm to rising costs and subsequent inflation.  All run as arm's length enterprises.  Where there's profits to be made then make them.  Where there's losses to absorb then absorb them.  Secure the employment of people.  Secure critical businesses in supply chains.  Suppress what would represent unsustainable costs and losses for private enterprises.  Transition towards privatisation by creating a coherent strategy to attract people into sectors and to train and skill.  Invest public money in a national plan to stabilise in the short term to prevent a net loss in the longer term.

I'm not one for turning the clock back but in the case of  road haulage (and even allowing for the short term shock of brexit causing a spike in loss of drivers) this is an industry that , at least , needs an industry regulator* given that it is quite clearly a risk to the economy through its sheer inablity to run itself properly. This is an industry that has steadily ceased to function properly since 2016 and has shown zero initiative in getting itself out of a long standing mess (admittedly not all of its own making). They've sat on their hands for years using EU workers to plug the gaps while doing nothing to attract/retain drivers to/in the industry.  I'm writing this on the back of just coming back from my local supermarket which has ZERO milk.  Yup, ZERO. The shelves are completely empty. 

I'm not thinking the ex-Tesco guy just appointed as an advisor will do much good. 

11 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm not one for turning the clock back but in the case of  road haulage (and even allowing for the short term shock of brexit causing a spike in loss of drivers) this is an industry that , at least , needs an industry regulator* given that it is quite clearly a risk to the economy through its sheer inablity to run itself properly. This is an industry that has steadily ceased to function properly since 2016 and has shown zero initiative in getting itself out of a long standing mess (admittedly not all of its own making). They've sat on their hands for years using EU workers to plug the gaps while doing nothing to attract/retain drivers to/in the industry.  I'm writing this on the back of just coming back from my local supermarket which has ZERO milk.  Yup, ZERO. The shelves are completely empty. 

I'm not thinking the ex-Tesco guy just appointed as an advisor will do much good. 

Few would want to turn the clock back to the type of nationalisation of the past but this would be a different,  time limited and strategic and targeted version.  The Tories themselves are engaged in turning the clock back to an age when their free market economy functioned.  It no longer does because the fabric of the economy and the conditions of the past no longer exist.  It's a busted ideology.  There's a very wide range of sectors and industries that are critical to the inextricable ties of the economy.  We should preserve the fabric of the economy to stabilise and recover.

The Mighty Thor
35 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Even without the re-nationalisation of certain industries or infrastructure there was an opportunity missed by Gideon and Dave when they went for austerity (whilst firing up the money printer) instead of structural investment in infrastructure via capital spending projects on roads, rail, energy, water, education and using the unbelievable amounts of QE cash to circulate it through the economy to the national benefit and not just into propping up failed banking businesses.  

10 years of austerity to increase the national debt and the deficit with nothing to show for it.

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Even without the re-nationalisation of certain industries or infrastructure there was an opportunity missed by Gideon and Dave when they went for austerity (whilst firing up the money printer) instead of structural investment in infrastructure via capital spending projects on roads, rail, energy, water, education and using the unbelievable amounts of QE cash to circulate it through the economy to the national benefit and not just into propping up failed banking businesses.  

10 years of austerity to increase the national debt and the deficit with nothing to show for it.

Totally agree.  A stimulus of the real economy and organic and sustainable wealth creation and growth.  Not a couple of tossers gaming the economy with a book of monetary & fiscal policy for the upper crust.

4 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

More COVID lies incoming!

2D50739E-3FE8-4FFF-8373-72F8A6AABA2A.jpeg

It will be the usual veneer by the Westminster establishment of making folk think that they did everything they could. Shallow investigations, assumed responsibility etc,etc. They will then use this to have a go at the Scottish Government. Can just see that idiot Ross demonising the SG without a sense of irony about his masters in the UK Gov.

Sunak's autumn budget looks fun.

£2billion of cuts, mostly from local authorities and the highest taxes in peacetime.

Levelling up, indeed.

11 minutes ago, Cade said:

£2billion of cuts, mostly from local authorities and the highest taxes in peacetime.

Levelling up, indeed.

Highest taxes eh?  I have no problem whatsoever with the general level of taxation rising a bit to help balance the books.  Quite keen to see a fair,  equitable and progressive range of taxes to fairly spread the burden though.  Should I hold out hope?  Should I ****.  Fully expecting to see a couple of headline avoiders like a break for inheritance tax and stamp duty.  The kind of breaks that heavily tend to avoid benefitting the people with the tightest of finances. 

Edited by Victorian

3 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It will be the usual veneer by the Westminster establishment of making folk think that they did everything they could. Shallow investigations, assumed responsibility etc,etc. They will then use this to have a go at the Scottish Government. Can just see that idiot Ross demonising the SG without a sense of irony about his masters in the UK Gov.

Everything that prick says is negated by the party he represents. The perfect example of a hypocrite.

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Levelling up, indeed.

This is just the START of tax rises for us workers. More will follow and soon. Bookmark it!

In fact, such is the perversity of Brexit, don’t be surprised to see VAT creep up soon, whilst the government announces that free of Brussels, we can now vary the rate of VAT. Much applause.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Levelling up, indeed.

To be fair the credit card is pretty stacked with debt from the pandemic, how would you set about dealing with it if you can't cut costs and increase revenue?