More Tory lies

aussieh

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Johnson offering tax breaks to a firm from Singapore if they made covid ventilators. Apparently all above board (according to a Tory scumbag).

The firm is called Dyson.

• Replies 27.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

manaliveits105

trying to obtain much needed life saving ventilators at speed in time of emergency - shadow business secretary couldnt deny that Starmer might have done the same . Tony Blair thinks it was fine ! -  time to move on comrades

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Johnson offering tax breaks to a firm from Singapore if they made covid ventilators. Apparently all above board (according to a Tory scumbag).

The firm is called Dyson.

What a surprise.

"Hi Jimmy kan u help wiv ventilators?"

"hiya hun no probs but nobody i send 2 help u will pay any tax, k?"

"haha no problemo i'll tell rishi"

"u kan do that?"

"lol yes am also first lord of the treasury, how much u guyz want lyk?"

SectionDJambo

I’m all for exposing the Tory party over their ongoing sleaze, but unless I’m missing something I can’t see what is wrong with this Dyson request.
They asked that any workers, tax domiciled in another country and coming here specifically to assist the UK produce vital equipment during the worst stages of Covid, would not come under the UK tax system whilst they were here for that specific purpose. Dyson wasn’t asking for a tax break for anybody. They would still be paying tax in their domicile county.

Have I got this wrong?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What a surprise.

Sounds like Dyson had no interest in helping the British taxpayers, unless he got his pound of flesh.

Yet another scumbag Tory.

manaliveits105
15 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I’m all for exposing the Tory party over their ongoing sleaze, but unless I’m missing something I can’t see what is wrong with this Dyson request.
They asked that any workers, tax domiciled in another country and coming here specifically to assist the UK produce vital equipment during the worst stages of Covid, would not come under the UK tax system whilst they were here for that specific purpose. Dyson wasn’t asking for a tax break for anybody. They would still be paying tax in their domicile county.

Have I got this wrong?

You won’t get a coherent answer from our resident comrades

Unknown user
2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Have I got this wrong?

Everyone that works here pays tax, nurses, charity workers, firemen, circus clowns. He wanted his employees and company not to in this instance. 

Now whether that's right or wrong is debatable based on how individuals feel about it, but what isn't debatable is that contact between a rich industrialist, a major donor to the Tory party nonetheless, and the prime minister, should be witnessed and recorded by civil servants so it's known that everything is above board. Especially when tax exceptions are being requested.

People can call Emergency all they like but it takes zero time for the prime minister to summon up a civil servant witness to a phonecall, and that has to make you wonder why he didn't if everything was so above board.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Everyone that works here pays tax, nurses, charity workers, firemen, circus clowns. He wanted his employees and company not to in this instance. 

Now whether that's right or wrong is debatable based on how individuals feel about it, but what isn't debatable is that contact between a rich industrialist, a major donor to the Tory party nonetheless, and the prime minister, should be witnessed and recorded by civil servants so it's known that everything is above board. Especially when tax exceptions are being requested.

People can call Emergency all they like but it takes zero time for the prime minister to summon up a civil servant witness to a phonecall, and that has to make you wonder why he didn't if everything was so above board.

:spoton:

Spitonastranger
7 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

trying to obtain much needed life saving ventilators at speed in time of emergency - shadow business secretary couldnt deny that Starmer might have done the same . Tony Blair thinks it was fine ! -  time to move on comrades

Tories have no shame comrade

Spitonastranger
2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Have I got this wrong?

So see the workers that risked their lives during the pandemic did the Tories give them tax breaks, naw. 

manaliveits105
2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Nope thought so

Konrad von Carstein
2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

38 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Nope thought so

A dullard such as yourself will freak out when you realise that not all of us who despise the Tories are not card carrying commies...

You utter clown.

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

The Real Maroonblood
20 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

A dullard such as yourself will freak out when you realise that not all of us who despise the Tories are not card carrying commies...

You utter clown.

:greatpost:

Unknown user

Boris walks into a brothel and goes "How much for a w@nk?"

Receptionist goes "50 quid"

Boy behind him in the queue goes "How much if you're no a w@nk?"

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Smithee said:

Boris walks into a brothel and goes "How much for a w@nk?"

Receptionist goes "50 quid"

Boy behind him in the queue goes "How much if you're no a w@nk?"

:laugh2:

dobmisterdobster
On 19/04/2021 at 15:04, Cade said:

UN absolutely savages Boris' Racism report:

"In 2021, it is stunning to read a report on race and ethnicity that repackages racist tropes and stereotypes into fact, twisting data and misapplying statistics and studies into conclusory findings and ad hominem attacks on people of African descent."
"This attempt to normalise white supremacy despite considerable research and evidence of institutional racism is an unfortunate sidestepping of the opportunity to acknowledge the atrocities of the past and the contributions of all in order to move forward"
"The distortion and falsification of historic facts may license further racism, the promotion of negative racial stereotypes, and racial discrimination."

Like what the UN did with Covid? :rofl:

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Spitonastranger said:

So see the workers that risked their lives during the pandemic did the Tories give them tax breaks, naw. 

But was this a tax break? Or was it an assurance that people of a foreign tax domicile, who were going to come to the UK purely to assist in a critical emergency, would remain taxpayers to their country of residence? Would the UK expect it’s people, sent from this country to go help in an emergency in another country, to pay tax in that country instead of UK tax for the duration of their job there?

I agree that the concern is that Johnson didn’t give disclosure to parliament that the assurances had been given. Dyson, having made himself a bogeyman by moving his HQ to Singapore after helping the Brexit campaign, should have insisted on disclosure. He still provides significant investment and jobs in the UK, which seems to be ignored because of his actions post Brexit.

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

I agree that a lack of disclosure, especially by Johnson who is as dodgy as they come, casts suspicion on what happened with this.

But if I was a worker in another country who was asked to go to the UK to help provide emergency equipment as requested by the UK, I wouldn’t come if I was going to be penalised financially by the UK for providing that help. Those people who came, if it transpires that they did arrive here, won’t have been rich executives but ordinary workers, albeit highly qualified ones. Why should they not be allowed to continue paying their income tax in their own domicile country when they have been specifically asked by the UK government to come here to help us. They weren’t avoiding paying their taxes by coming here. They still paid their taxes in their own residential country.

25 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I agree that a lack of disclosure, especially by Johnson who is as dodgy as they come, casts suspicion on what happened with this.

But if I was a worker in another country who was asked to go to the UK to help provide emergency equipment as requested by the UK, I wouldn’t come if I was going to be penalised financially by the UK for providing that help. Those people who came, if it transpires that they did arrive here, won’t have been rich executives but ordinary workers, albeit highly qualified ones. Why should they not be allowed to continue paying their income tax in their own domicile country when they have been specifically asked by the UK government to come here to help us. They weren’t avoiding paying their taxes by coming here. They still paid their taxes in their own residential country.

Given that Dyson still have a design facility along with a limited manufacturing one (or they did)in the UK I'm intrigued as to what staff would actually be required to come over and what couldn't be done by staff here. Even sharing of design information worldwide is commonplace nowadays.

Lets be honest Dyson didn't set up a facility in Singapore for the local expertise in vacuum / fan / hair dryers / ventilator assembly.

Edited by EC_Hearts
mistake

Unknown user
21 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I wouldn't claim to know the details of what was asked. But that's pretty much the point, no one does. We know of a couple of texts, what else was there?

And if the tax rules are set up in a certain way I'd say it's dodgy as **** for the prime minister to be arranging exceptions by text message with a big Tory donor who moved abroad to reduce tax liability in the UK.

Nurses who came back from other countries to help had to pay tax, I bet they wish they had Boris' number.

I'm not saying something improper happened because I don't know what happened but there's no reason things couldn't have been done visibly and above board. So why weren't they?

SectionDJambo
27 minutes ago, EC_Hearts said:

Given that Dyson still have a design facility along with a limited manufacturing one (or they did)in the UK I'm intrigued as to what staff would actually be required to come over and what couldn't be done by staff here. Even sharing of design information worldwide is commonplace nowadays.

Lets be honest Dyson didn't set up a facility in Singapore for the local expertise in vacuum / fan / hair dryers / ventilator assembly.

Dyson, like many other similar manufacturers are in Singapore because of it’s proximity to manufacturers of components for their products. 
From what I recall they were going to make the ventilators at the factory which was built to produce electric cars, in Singapore, a project which was stopped a couple of years ago. 
I don’t think they actually ended up supplying any ventilators.

There have been so many stories of skullduggery going on with contracts being awarded to pub landlords and mates, that it’s reasonable to ask why the lack of disclosure with this tax arrangement. But to me it’s not something that is going to expose any corruption. There’s plenty nearer home that should have been more vigorously investigated, and may yet be after Covid is under full control.

SectionDJambo
37 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I wouldn't claim to know the details of what was asked. But that's pretty much the point, no one does. We know of a couple of texts, what else was there?

And if the tax rules are set up in a certain way I'd say it's dodgy as **** for the prime minister to be arranging exceptions by text message with a big Tory donor who moved abroad to reduce tax liability in the UK.

Nurses who came back from other countries to help had to pay tax, I bet they wish they had Boris' number.

I'm not saying something improper happened because I don't know what happened but there's no reason things couldn't have been done visibly and above board. So why weren't they?

I agree that texting between the PM and an owner of a big company draws suspicion. Just like Cameron’s texts.

I just feel that the fuss over this tax arrangement will only muddy waters for the real investigations that should be taking place about contracts awarded to mates who weren’t qualified to fulfil them. It’s just going to give Johnson an opportunity to claim that the claims of corruption during the pandemic are a witch hunt.

If anyone eventually arrived here from Dyson, which is maybe unlikely given we didn’t get any of the ventilators, it has to be remembered that they did not get a tax break. They would still have paid their taxes in their own country. Did the nurses you speak of pay tax here and in the countries that they were tax domiciled in?

Governor Tarkin
9 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I agree that texting between the PM and an owner of a big company draws suspicion. Just like Cameron’s texts.

I just feel that the fuss over this tax arrangement will only muddy waters for the real investigations that should be taking place about contracts awarded to mates who weren’t qualified to fulfil them. It’s just going to give Johnson an opportunity to claim that the claims of corruption during the pandemic are a witch hunt.

If anyone eventually arrived here from Dyson, which is maybe unlikely given we didn’t get any of the ventilators, it has to be remembered that they did not get a tax break. They would still have paid their taxes in their own country. Did the nurses you speak of pay tax here and in the countries that they were tax domiciled in?

Some good posting on this thread, SDJ.

A thing to bear in mind is that your ordinary Joe can be resentful of wealthy, successful folk like Dyson, and their conclusions may be coloured by this.

"Vote Brexit, it's going to be great! I should know, I'm one of Britain's richest men and it's going to be unicorns and rainbows all round!"

A few months later:

"Oh, Brexit actually happened? Well in that case, I'm off to Singapore and I'm taking all my factories with me. See ya later, suckers!"

A few months later:

"Fine, I'll help with making ventilators, but I'm not paying any tax, capiche?"

:what:

It's not unusual for business to ask for special treatment in order to get things done faster.

It's that it's Dyson.

That's the problem.

Governor Tarkin

I admire how Cade always gives folk the benefit of the doubt when it would be easier to go on an ideology driven rant. :wub:

4 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I admire how Cade always gives folk the benefit of the doubt when it would be easier to go on an ideology driven rant. :wub:

He rarely even engages in conversation with anyone. Just posts random stuff from the internet, whether it be a video or a randomly plucked quote :lol:

Classic JKB.

Unknown user
14 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

The point is that the rules are set up for whatever reason, he didn't fancy them for whatever reason, so texted his mate to sort it out.

That's not how it's meant to work, and it's not meant to work like that so there can't be any corruption or dodginess.

Whether it was right to grant the request or not is another debate that I'm not that into. These things can be viewed any way depending on your perspective so I mostly just accept people have different views on it.

But this shouldn't have happened this way, 100%

I agree there are other massive issues too of course but we can't allow secret tax deals between the prime minister and rich supporters of his party to become normalised.

SectionDJambo
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The point is that the rules are set up for whatever reason, he didn't fancy them for whatever reason, so texted his mate to sort it out.

That's not how it's meant to work, and it's not meant to work like that so there can't be any corruption or dodginess.

Whether it was right to grant the request or not is another debate that I'm not that into. These things can be viewed any way depending on your perspective so I mostly just accept people have different views on it.

But this shouldn't have happened this way, 100%

I agree there are other massive issues too of course but we can't allow secret tax deals between the prime minister and rich supporters of his party to become normalised.

You are correct about procedures being followed because anything less gives cause for suspicion.

As well as clearing up what was said between Johnson and Dyson, maybe someone from the treasury could let us know why the original communication from Dyson went unanswered for so long. If the situation had been clarified by them, there would be no excuse for the text messages.

I suspect that the publication of those texts will show nothing much. Only an idiot would send messages of something underhand by text instead of WhatsApp. Far too easy to access by others.

They're using texts and whatsapp because of a legal loophole that means Ministers don't have to register contact through those mediums.

E-mails, letter and phone calls have to be logged.

Texts and whatsapp message don't.

No need to declare any conflict of interest that way.

:fonzie:

jack D and coke
7 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Dyson was a brexit cheerleader. So were JCB. Johnson was asking them to make ventilators. Coincidence? 
Dyson was seemingly more concerned about some people paying some tax to the country where they were actually taking the money from, from British tax payers....

A man worth £16 billion....and his first thoughts in a WhatsApp is where will they pay tax :lol: 
I listened to LBC today where they had experts in ventilators, one who sold them, one who fixed them and one who was involved in their manufacture. They basically said it was a load of bolloks and that no one wouldve used a ventilator made by a company that made hoovers and one that made diggers. People need hooked up to these things for weeks at a time it’s more absolute shitehousery from Johnson. 
Debra Meaden (Dragons Den) also saying she knew people who actually manufactured PPE yet these people hit a brick wall trying to get contracts and that they instead awarded deals of up to £200m to people who had never manufactured a piece of PPE in their lives and who just happened to be Hancock’s mate or had BJ’s WhatsApp. The amount of people who are prepared to turn a blind eye is mind blowing to me :lol: Someone has been leaking this stuff too. Let’s hope they keep it up. 
These people are looting the public purse in front of your face, then just saying oh look we were in a pandemic I was trying to look after the British people. It’s hilarious. 

Edited by jack D and coke

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Dyson was a brexit cheerleader. So were JCB. Johnson was asking them to make ventilators. Coincidence? 
Dyson was seemingly more concerned about some people paying some tax to the country where they were actually taking the money from, from British tax payers....

A man worth £16 billion....and his first thoughts in a WhatsApp is where will they pay tax :lol: 
I listened to LBC today where they had experts in ventilators, one who sold them,

one who fixed them and one who was involved in their manufacture. They basically said it was a load of bolloks and that no one wouldve used a ventilator made by a company that made hoovers and one that made diggers. People need hooked up to these things for weeks at a time it’s more absolute shitehousery from Johnson. 
Debra Meaden (Dragons Den) also saying she knew people who actually manufactured PPE yet these people hit a brick wall trying to get contracts and that they instead awarded deals of up to £200m to people who had never manufactured a piece of PPE in their lives and who just happened to be Hancock’s mate or had BJ’s WhatsApp. The amount of people who are prepared to turn a blind eye is mind blowing to me :lol: Someone has been leaking this stuff too. Let’s hope they keep it up. 
These people are looting the public purse in front of your face, then just saying oh look we were in a pandemic I was trying to look after the British people. It’s hilarious. 

I'm not letting the facts get in the way of a sarcy swipe at Cade. :seething:

Edited by Governor Tarkin

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm not letting the facts get in the way of a sarcy swipe at Cade. :seething:

:lol: 

The Mighty Thor

The government are to hold an urgent investigation into the leaking if Johnsons texts. 

Not the business shenanigans, the affair, lying to parliament or any of that stuff. Just the leaking of texts. 

SectionDJambo

Such was this clandestine relationship between Dyson and the government that Johnson and company didn’t tell James Dyson that they wouldn’t need the ventilators from them after all.

The operation cost Dyson, the company, £20m and none of the Dyson employees ended up in the UK for the project.

Personally, I think that this particular affair has been a storm in a teacup, not helped by disastrous PR on James Dyson’s part over his opinion of Brexit and switching of HQ to Singapore, where he already had a substantial operation.
There are far more obvious cases of suspect dealings that actually cost the UK taxpayer vast sums of cash. Those are the arrangements that should be investigated. The Dyson affair appears to have actually cost the UK exchequer little or nothing, since Dyson bore the costs himself.

Not every self made successful businessman is a crook. That is a mindset that some would do well to rid themselves of.

coconut doug
6 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Such was this clandestine relationship between Dyson and the government that Johnson and company didn’t tell James Dyson that they wouldn’t need the ventilators from them after all.

The operation cost Dyson, the company, £20m and none of the Dyson employees ended up in the UK for the project.

Personally, I think that this particular affair has been a storm in a teacup, not helped by disastrous PR on James Dyson’s part over his opinion of Brexit and switching of HQ to Singapore, where he already had a substantial operation.
There are far more obvious cases of suspect dealings that actually cost the UK taxpayer vast sums of cash. Those are the arrangements that should be investigated. The Dyson affair appears to have actually cost the UK exchequer little or nothing, since Dyson bore the costs himself.

Not every self made successful businessman is a crook. That is a mindset that some would do well to rid themselves of.

Cameron's role and personal interest at Greensill in much more serious. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The government are to hold an urgent investigation into the leaking if Johnsons texts. 

Not the business shenanigans, the affair, lying to parliament or any of that stuff. Just the leaking of texts. 

They should widen the scope of the investigation into the culture of leaking I reckon

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Reports are that the (Brexit) revolution is eating its children, with a lot of fingers being pointed at one particularly shifty individual.

RunDomRun-aaf4.gif?quality=90&strip=all&

There were dozens of UK firms that could have provided PPE and ventilators at short notice.

Lots of them contacted the government and offered their services.

Most of them never heard back.

The government instead handed out contracts to companies with no history of producing, selling or sourcing either PPE or Ventilators.

Friends and family of ministers, mostly.

Hancock's pub landlord.

Hancock's sister's company.

James Dyson.

Jewelry companies.

Toy companies.

Chocolate manufaturers.

Hedge funds.

Pest control companies.

And so on and so on. Hardly any of these companies delivered any PPE or ventilators and any they did deliver failed to meet NHS standards and were rejected.

Almost £50billion has been spent and most of it has simply disappeared with nothing to show for it.

Test&Trace is the biggest scandal of them all. £37billion spunked on a system that completely failed to prevent or lessen the second wave that led to lockdowns 2&3. a complete waste of time and money.

Edited by Cade

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

Cameron's role and personal interest at Greensill in much more serious. 

Correct.

That is well worth getting right into.

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Dominic Cummings is the leaker then. Let’s hope he dishes some real dirt :lol: 

Come the revolution him and Dido Harding will be first up against the wall. What a creepy wee ******* - its almost a shock that he's a eugenics freak because he most certainly would not be in the safe group if someone enacted his facist policies, the Smeagol-looking, dodgy gimp. 

jack D and coke
46 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Come the revolution him and Dido Harding will be first up against the wall. What a creepy wee ******* - its almost a shock that he's a eugenics freak because he most certainly would not be in the safe group if someone enacted his facist policies, the Smeagol-looking, dodgy gimp. 

Any revolutions happening and every single one of that lot in that cabinet would be fed to the ****ing lions at various safari parks around the country if I had anything to do with it😀

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Any revolutions happening and every single one of that lot in that cabinet would be fed to the ****ing lions at various safari parks around the country if I had anything to do with it😀

Heads on a pike, lads. 

Skulls slowly bleaching in the late summer sun.

download.jpeg

Edited by Governor Tarkin