More Tory lies

aussieh

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

He's been a huge disappointment. 

Aye big time mate. Open goal after open goal...

• Replies 27.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dobmisterdobster

Starmer is an Iain Duncan Smith type of leader. Quiet man turning up the volume.

Labour should pick Dan Jarvis for the leadership. One of their most likeable MPs by far.

Footballfirst

Robert Peston's latest on the refurb.

I'm understand CCHQ (Tory Party) made payment to the Cabinet Office to cover initial costs of refurbishing the PM's home in Downing Street, and the PM is now repaying CCHQ. There is an audit trail. Cabinet Sec Simon Case knows about it. Which is presumably why he told MPs today that he would do a report on the propriety of how the decoration and furnishing was funded. This is breaking news and I will update

Downing Street says to me - again - that the PM has now paid for the costs of the refurbishment. But there was a loan to him from the Tory Party. And I assume that loan will now have to be declared by him. You decide whether it was appropriate for his party to give him this kind of financial help (and very sorry for typo in first tweet in this chain).

The Tory spin machine is in full overdrive that all is above board, although any "donors" would have paid the cash to the Tory Party and not BoJo directly.

Simon Case, the Cabinet Secretary (Civil Service), appeared in front of a committee of MPs today and his reponses to questions were an embarrassment, repeatedly saying he couldn't answer any question on the subject because an inquiry will be looking into it.  It prompted John McDonnell to observe that it was like a badly scripted episode of Yes Minister.  
Edited by Footballfirst

Government defeats an amendment preventing Landlords and building owners from passing the cost of removing deadly fire hazard cladding on to their tenants and property owners.

Live in a death trap? Well you're going to have to pay for it.

If you rent, this means a 5-figure lump sum on top of your rent.

If you own, then good luck trying to sell it with a 5-figure cladding removal charge added on top of the asking price.

:seething:

"The #10 flat refurb was not paid for with taxpayer's money, nor by a party donor. It was paid for by the conservative party."
"You do realise that also breaches the ministerial code, as party donors didn't get to vote on it"
"Um, erm, ignore our previous statement, Boris accepted a loan from the Conservative party instead and that's how the refurb was paid for but he's paid it all back now"

"Can we see the reciepts?"

"Um, erm, ignore our previous statement, Boris paid for it all himself but he was a bit short that month so we loaned him a few quid"

:Aye:

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

BBC Breaking news.....

Electoral Commission to investigate funding of PM's Downing Street flat, saying there are "reasonable grounds to suspect an offence"

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

See ya Boris.

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148864lsuy3g5nz0n31e503

Why isn't there a Government procurement service that says the PM is allowed to spend x amount of money each year, term or whatever to refurbish or decorate the flat at No.11 so we can do away with all this crap about a few rolls of wallpaper having to be paid by donors, or the PM him,herself?

Give Starmer and Blackford praise for going after the Liar that is Boris Johnson. 
The sooner he is gone the better. 
He was well and truly rattled his lost his temper. 

Even  the Welsh MP went after him.

Edited by Boy Daniel

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Give Starmer and Blackford praise for going after the Liar that is Boris Johnson. 

Was quite funny :lol: 

Never heard Johnson get rattled like that. 

The Mighty Thor
16 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Heard it on the radio but have seen stills of Johnson's coupon in his final rant. 😀

it was quite the performance. His ability to not answer the question is legendary 😀

jack D and coke
42 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Heard it on the radio but have seen stills of Johnson's coupon in his final rant. 😀

it was quite the performance. His ability to not answer the question is legendary 😀

On 26/04/2021 at 11:27, Governor Tarkin said:

At least Gove is a Jocko. 👍

Is that the word in the thesaurus for Arsehole 

17 hours ago, Cade said:

Government defeats an amendment preventing Landlords and building owners from passing the cost of removing deadly fire hazard cladding on to their tenants and property owners.

Live in a death trap? Well you're going to have to pay for it.

If you rent, this means a 5-figure lump sum on top of your rent.

If you own, then good luck trying to sell it with a 5-figure cladding removal charge added on top of the asking price.

:seething:

Is that serious 😮 That is insane , surely there are grants or similar available to help with these costs be it for landlords or tenants

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Just saw it now. He actually looked like his spitting image character 🤣

Ron Burgundy
41 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

😆

That's brilliant and could basically be any politician in this country right now.

indianajones

Wonder if our Scottish slimy Tory is calling for a vote of no confidence in the English slimy Tory after these findings?

Nah? Thought not. 

"As with all alleged breaches of the Ministerial Code, the final decision will be taken by the Prime Minister"

:cornette: Marking your own homework. What a wonderful democracy we live in.

2 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

There is, they get a grant of £30k a year for decorating etc. The problems start when you spend £200k decorating and don't think you should be paying it yourself. 

Thanks.

Caught that on the news a wee while ago.

Roxy Hearts
17 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Wonder if our Scottish slimy Tory is calling for a vote of no confidence in the English slimy Tory after these findings?

Nah? Thought not. 

Get a comment from that numpty Ruth Davidson. If the SNP do anything wrong she's never far away from our Brit propaganda media outlets! One of the worst politicians I can ever remember. 

indianajones
3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Get a comment from that numpty Ruth Davidson. If the SNP do anything wrong she's never far away from our Brit propaganda media outlets! One of the worst politicians I can ever remember. 

BUT MINISTERIAL CODE.

When the shoe fits as it always is with these hypocritical serial liars.  

The Mighty Thor
3 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

Starmer missed an open goal with the wording of his first question to Johnson. 

"can he tell the house" - Gave Johnson far too much wriggle room.

Blackford, for all he's a hibs ****, actually called Johnson out properly. 

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

:lol: class!

Only time I’ve seen Starmer actually touch a nerve. He needs to realise that’s what he’s there for ffs!

Footballfirst
More pieces of the jigsaw being put together.

I understand that @BorisJohnson 's first conversations about having the Downing Street flat funded by donors were as long ago as February 2020. At the time Ben Elliot, joint chairman of the party suggested the PM borrow to pay the costs. The PM then came up with the idea...
of a blind trust, again funded by donors. But the Cabinet Office could not sort the proprieties. According to an email leaked to the Daily Mail, the Tory donor Lord Brownlow then contributed £58,000 "to cover the payments the party has already made on behalf of the soon...
to be formed 'Downing Street Trust'" - which was never formed. The Tory Party had seemingly already paid back the Cabinet Office for the decorating bills it had paid on the PM's behalf. And the PM has now paid back the Tory Party. We don't know when the...
PM paid the Tory Party, or how he found the funds to do that when he didn't have them in February of last year. We also don't know whether Brownlow has also been repaid. And we don't know who in the Cabinet Office and among Johnson's advisers knew what was going on. Cummings...
says he was clear with the PM from last summer that he should dig into his own pocket, by taking out a personal bank loan, to pay for the furnishings and decoration of his home. There are so many unanswered questions. And prima facie there are an astonishing number of..
disclosure rules that have been breached, along with rules of common sense. For what it's worth, a source tells me "Ben Elliot tried to stop the madness repeatedly". He seems to have failed.

Anyone still working in large organisations with an Anti Bribery and Corruption policy?

Is the Gifts and Hospitality Register recording level still a massive £25?

Slightly different to a donation, or is it loan, it's been repaid by Johnson despite apparently not having a pot to pee in.  It's difficult to keep up.

Need to try and remember my 4 layers of Money Laundering too.

Politicians eh?

What are they like.

jack D and coke
14 hours ago, Footballfirst said:
More pieces of the jigsaw being put together.

I understand that @BorisJohnson 's first conversations about having the Downing Street flat funded by donors were as long ago as February 2020. At the time Ben Elliot, joint chairman of the party suggested the PM borrow to pay the costs. The PM then came up with the idea...
of a blind trust, again funded by donors. But the Cabinet Office could not sort the proprieties. According to an email leaked to the Daily Mail, the Tory donor Lord Brownlow then contributed £58,000 "to cover the payments the party has already made on behalf of the soon...
to be formed 'Downing Street Trust'" - which was never formed. The Tory Party had seemingly already paid back the Cabinet Office for the decorating bills it had paid on the PM's behalf. And the PM has now paid back the Tory Party. We don't know when the...
PM paid the Tory Party, or how he found the funds to do that when he didn't have them in February of last year. We also don't know whether Brownlow has also been repaid. And we don't know who in the Cabinet Office and among Johnson's advisers knew what was going on. Cummings...
says he was clear with the PM from last summer that he should dig into his own pocket, by taking out a personal bank loan, to pay for the furnishings and decoration of his home. There are so many unanswered questions. And prima facie there are an astonishing number of..
disclosure rules that have been breached, along with rules of common sense. For what it's worth, a source tells me "Ben Elliot tried to stop the madness repeatedly". He seems to have failed.

It’s a regular occurrence through Johnson’s life. He doesn’t think the rules should apply to him. You can hear testimony’s from his teachers, headmaster, previous employers and even ex partners. Guy just does whatever the hell he wants :lol: 

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Anyone still working in large organisations with an Anti Bribery and Corruption policy?

Is the Gifts and Hospitality Register recording level still a massive £25?

Slightly different to a donation, or is it loan, it's been repaid by Johnson despite apparently not having a pot to pee in.  It's difficult to keep up.

Need to try and remember my 4 layers of Money Laundering too.

Politicians eh?

What are they like.

Yep...

SectionDJambo
15 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Johnson might be stupid but he's not stupid enough to pay £200k to decorate a flat he doesn't own and will only live in for a few years - obviously he's been told he has to stump up to try to cover this up.

That's the thing for me. I think the figure is nearer £60,000, but still a huge amount of money to spend on a flat that isn't yours. His partner seems to have pushed him into this extensive refurbishment and he has got the money from somewhere to keep her happy. 

His lack of straight answers about this affair do nothing but strongly suggest he's got the work funded from elsewhere and only paid the money back so he can say he paid for it. He thinks he is untouchable due to the Conservatives thinking he's a permanent vote winner, but when the Daily Mail goes after a Conservative Prime Minister, you know something dodgy has happened.

Some of Johnson's mates have maybe decided that he's served the Brexit purpose and it's time to remove him for another of their cronies. I also get the impression that his sweet and innocent looking partner is an operator who might have ruffled some feathers. She appears to have got rid of Cummings, who will come after them both now that Johnson has made the huge mistake of publicly blaming him for the leaked texts.

His deflections and bluster won't save him this time, I think.

53 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The bordello look, or alternatively an Indian restaurant.

"Do you want poppadoms with that" ? 

Absolutely hideous. 

dobmisterdobster

I am really struggling to understand "Wallpaper-gate"

Not using taxpayer money to do up your flat is bad because....reasons?

Konrad von Carstein
3 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

You really need that explained to you?

:tlj:

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

This isn't exactly a shock

dobmisterdobster
1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

You really need that explained to you?

:tlj:

I need you to explain why anyone should care.

Konrad von Carstein
Just now, dobmisterdobster said:

I need you to explain why anyone should care.

I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous reply...

46 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Your parents, education, upbringing etc etc....

dobmisterdobster

If he wants to use his own party's money to make his flat look like an Indian Restaurant that you would find in the north of England.

Then fine. Each to their own. It looks awful but I didn't help pay for it.

Unknown user
28 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

If he wants to use his own party's money to make his flat look like an Indian Restaurant that you would find in the north of England.

Then fine. Each to their own. It looks awful but I didn't help pay for it.

So you don't understand that the rules are in place to avoid situations where rich people can quietly pay for things for the prime minister in return for unknown promises being made?

It isn't his flat, it didn't need done, and it certainly didn't need that much spent on it.

Oddly enough I was reading earlier that the guy involved was awarded a PPE contract. Isn't that the damnedest thing?

dobmisterdobster
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

So you don't understand that the rules are in place to avoid situations where rich people can quietly pay for things for the prime minister in return for unknown promises being made?

It isn't his flat, it didn't need done, and it certainly didn't need that much spent on it.

Oddly enough I was reading earlier that the guy involved was awarded a PPE contract. Isn't that the damnedest thing?

Rich people fund mainstream political parties for this exact reason. Tony Blair gave construction contracts to his donors all the time.

Not ideal but a bigger democratic outrage would be to force taxpayers to support Labour and the Tories.

Watch this all go away after the elections.

28 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Naive much ? 😂

Why do you think people make huge donations to any political party ?

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Naive much ? 😂

Why do you think people make huge donations to any political party ?

Just to be clear, there was a reason I used the word quietly.

9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Just to be clear, there was a reason I used the word quietly.

We’ll find out how quiet that payment was, I’m not expecting it to be that quiet. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

We’ll find out how quiet that payment was, I’m not expecting it to be that quiet. 

And we'll see if it was cleared as a conflict of interest, you'd surely agree he isn't above the rules