Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

At least in the short term that's what you'd get.

The SNP.

Its just the same as the "Westminster Tory rule" theory that keeps getting rammed into us.

Its simply not true in either direction

So all hyperbole about schisms is just wishful thinking?  In that case, there is no point in debating it.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

See that bit in bold? WHY does nobody in the No camp EVER understand that?

So the SNP can take us over the nationalist cliff edge then run away and let someone else clear up the mess? 

No way, if it ever happens, they have to be held accountable and have the finger pointed at them when people realise they were lied to

So the SNP can take us over the nationalist cliff edge then run away and let someone else clear up the mess? 

No way, if it ever happens, they have to be held accountable and have the finger pointed at them when people realise they were lied to

Shouldn't that be the whole YES campaign that would be held responsible?

Ironically, using your cliffe dge and mess analogy, you could argue that the SNP is trying to clean up the mess of the cliff edge fall the UK is taking.

doctor jambo

Shouldn't that be the whole YES campaign that would be held responsible?

Ironically, using your cliffe dge and mess analogy, you could argue that the SNP is trying to clean up the mess of the cliff edge fall the UK is taking.

The SNP as you know are not trrying to clean anything up- they are trying to extract a new reason for an old agenda.

They cannot risk  a successful Brexit

At least in the short term that's what you'd get.

The SNP.

Its just the same as the "Westminster Tory rule" theory that keeps getting rammed into us.

Its simply not true in either direction

Not really DJ. I believe 5 minutes after a Yes vote the SNP would start to splinter and the the real differences would start to show. The Scottish Tories and Labour would stop taking orders and direction from the Empire in Westminster and would start to look like proper political parties that Scots could get behind.

No, the SNP are the means and not the end.

Whereas down south the middle little Englanders will continue to vote Tory as there is no real alternative. So that will in fact continue to be rammed into you.

doctor jambo

Not really DJ. I believe 5 minutes after a Yes vote the SNP would start to splinter and the the real differences would start to show. The Scottish Tories and Labour would stop taking orders and direction from the Empire in Westminster and would start to look like proper political parties that Scots could get behind.

No, the SNP are the means and not the end.

Whereas down south the middle little Englanders will continue to vote Tory as there is no real alternative. So that will in fact continue to be rammed into you.

Scotland needs a new centre right party though

"conservative " is a death tag up here and they can never gain power again.

It has become a term of abuse

In my opinion we need a similar arrangement to NI where there is a party that is affiliated though not the same

The SNP as you know are not trrying to clean anything up- they are trying to extract a new reason for an old agenda.

They cannot risk  a successful Brexit

They think Brexit will not be successful, but not much they can do to affect it one way or the other.  So they have to wait and see.

Once the agreement is hammered out (18-24 months away) people will be in a better position to know where we all stand.  Which seems reasonable.

But the SNP have risked it on being an unsuccessful Brexit.  If it is a success and there is a referendum on INdy, they will lose and that will be it...until the next time!

Adam Murray

They think Brexit will not be successful, but not much they can do to affect it one way or the other.  So they have to wait and see.

Once the agreement is hammered out (18-24 months away) people will be in a better position to know where we all stand.  Which seems reasonable.

But the SNP have risked it on being an unsuccessful Brexit.  If it is a success and there is a referendum on INdy, they will lose and that will be it...until the next time!

They could now maybe jump on board and at least try and show that they want to make a success of Brexit, it is after all happening now, it is surely in everyone's interest that it is as successful as possible.

They could now maybe jump on board and at least try and show that they want to make a success of Brexit, it is after all happening now, it is surely in everyone's interest that it is as successful as possible.

They have done, but May/Mundell has rebuffed all of their suggestions!

jambo lodge

Oh please. there is no way that the SNP have been constructive during Brexit discussions. Like many on here it's my My way or No way.  

Adam Murray

You'll need to post a link to where someone in the SNP government, or from Westminster, is quoted saying they are commited to making Brexit a success for everyone.

jambo lodge

Scotland needs a new centre right party though

"conservative " is a death tag up here and they can never gain power again.

It has become a term of abuse

In my opinion we need a similar arrangement to NI where there is a party that is affiliated though not the same

Sadly you are probably correct. The one thing Alex Salmond has " achieved " in Scotland is to brand "Westminster Tories" toxic. A good Brexit however may turn the tide and with Ruth Davidson at the helm in Scotland who knows.   

doctor jambo

They were toxic long before Alex Salmond became mainstream and will continue to be for many years, they can call it anything they like but I won't ever be voting for them.

Neither will I

but I would like an alternative that I could vote for

sort of "New labour 2" without the illegal war,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sadly you are probably correct. The one thing Alex Salmond has " achieved " in Scotland is to brand "Westminster Tories" toxic. A good Brexit however may turn the tide and with Ruth Davidson at the helm in Scotland who knows.   

Ruth Davidson who mocks a fellow Scot because of their accent, and who sees Scots as second class citizens.  Aye, she's doing a braw job!

""The Tory PM also stood by Ms Davidson's side as she made a self-deprecating joke in the venue - a plush art gallery.

"I'm delighted we have such spectacular surroundings," said Ms Davidson.
"Usually they put the Scots in a place where nothing can be broken. Or stolen for that matter!""

Neither will I

but I would like an alternative that I could vote for

sort of "New labour 2" without the illegal war,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I'm sure you will, after independence.

Or there is always the lib dems.

doctor jambo

Ruth Davidson who mocks a fellow Scot because of their accent, and who sees Scots as second class citizens.  Aye, she's doing a braw job!

""The Tory PM also stood by Ms Davidson's side as she made a self-deprecating joke in the venue - a plush art gallery.

"Usually they put the Scots in a place where nothing can be broken. Or stolen for that matter!""

Yes, in the barbers yesterday I notice Joan Mcalpine harping on about that in ?the record or summit.

trying to make it look like "Tories" somehow hate Scots and try to hide their accents......

utter guff frankly

the day we cannot laugh at ourselves is a sad one

And the SNP MSP accent is, franky- minging

I hate the west coast accent- its rough, uncouth. Lacking refinement ( and I say that having lived here most of my life)

Yes, in the barbers yesterday I notice Joan Mcalpine harping on about that in ?the record or summit.

trying to make it look like "Tories" somehow hate Scots and try to hide their accents......

utter guff frankly

the day we cannot laugh at ourselves is a sad one

And the SNP MSP accent is, franky- minging

I hate the west coast accent- its rough, uncouth. Lacking refinement ( and I say that having lived here most of my life)

Aye, we can laugh at ourselves, but Davidson does it to curry favour not with us.

She's an Uncle Tom.

jambo lodge

You poor wee sensitive soul. I would rather a piece of humour than Mr Angry Alex Salmond spouting forth his loathing for Westminster Tories. 

Adam Murray

But calling Ruth Davidson a dyke is seen as 'hilarious irreverent satire', by a senior SNP MP, oh the bantz!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/18/scottish-independence-rally-in-ruth-davidson-homophobia-row/

Adam Murray

Aye, we can laugh at ourselves, but Davidson does it to curry favour not with us.

She's an Uncle Tom.

Jesus wept, really Boris?

That's up there with 'Quisling' surely?

I thought you were above that kind of crap.

doctor jambo

Or the massive recession we are still not recovered from.............

To be fair that could have been on anyone's watch, but it is a danger of centre right small government and less regulation.

like the more left large governments of the world came out better.......................

doctor jambo

She's an Uncle Tom.

et tu Boris

doctor jambo

Superb, get them in the cult and brain washed early doors.

Pwoud, very pwoud. [emoji4]

http://www.thenational.scot/news/15187666.Charlie__who_was_born_on_a_Saltire__becomes_one_of_the_youngest_members_of_the_SNP_at_4_years_old/

Yet if he was born onto a Union flag...........

it would be brainwashing nationalist fascism

Harry Potter

The snp would let 4 years old vote if they could 

Or vote for a 3rd time if the 2nd vote goes tits up again, which it probably will, if it happens.

Imagine if we had the sense to say - NO Scottish Parliament building ( was it ?800M plus ) and no all the MSPs who milk Scotland rotten daily

Should have been stopped years ago.

Now we have the SNP who will take us to a road to ruin

HaymarketJambo

Imagine if we had the sense to say - NO Scottish Parliament building ( was it ?800M plus ) and no all the MSPs who milk Scotland rotten daily

What a brilliant idea about the Scottish Parliament 

We could still have 54 to 56 SNP MP's at Westminster and still have a mandate to call another indy ref.

And we could have the only Scottish Tory MP - Governor General Fluffy of Scotland with a load of unelected Tory Lords running Scotland, just like the old day's,  eh?        

Edited by HaymarketJambo

deesidejambo

Given that the Scottish Govt has passed little or no legislation apart from Named Person (canned) and the Sectarian Law (deemed by Lawyers as unworkable legislation) and given that they have significant tax raising powers that they have not used to fund social justice, I'd say that as a "Government" they are weak and only interested in populist activities laced with grievance.  

They are, in summary, lightweights.

Freeeedommmmmmmmmm.

jambo lodge

What a brilliant idea about the Scottish Parliament 

We could still have 54 to 56 SNP MP's at Westminster and still have a mandate to call another indy ref.

And we could have the only Scottish Tory MP - Governor General Fluffy of Scotland with a load of unelected Tory Lords running Scotland, just like the old day's,  eh?        

Up until 1964 Scotland regularly voted for a Tory Government. Scotland was effectively run by senior civil servants until devolution. Not so sure its much better nowadays, it is certainly not radical.

Imagine if we had not taken up the opportunity to make decisions for ourselves? 

That's an unusual sort of daydream.

Space Mackerel

Were you in Peebles today?

No, but here's a nice 3 min video of NS not getting on with the day job.

Check the opposition out acting like bairns, embarrassing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/rosscolquhoun/status/847413658061742083?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thecanary.co%2F2017%2F03%2F30%2Fnicola-sturgeons-two-finger-salute-westminster-week-making-everyone-wish-scottish-video%2F

jambo lodge

You must have watched a different version than I did. I saw and heard 3 minutes of a scripted answer trying to justify what she does in her day job. The howls of laughter from opposition benches tell you they did not believe the answer. No legislation in a whole year, she should be embarrassed. 

Space Mackerel

You must have watched a different version than I did. I saw and heard 3 minutes of a scripted answer trying to justify what she does in her day job. The howls of laughter from opposition benches tell you they did not believe the answer. No legislation in a whole year, she should be embarrassed.

No legislation?

She just documented everything she has done in that answer. You are seriously away with the goalie. :lol:

Thunderstruck

I am sure the SNP followers will be writing to the BBC about lack of balance - plenty of coverage for Sturgeon on Indy and Brexit but nothing on her Party's dereliction of duty when it comes to the people of Scotland. Like her or not, Davidson makes a clear and pertinent point.

https://www.facebook.com/RuthDavidsonOfficial/videos/1452664841442393/

Space Mackerel

I am sure the SNP followers will be writing to the BBC about lack of balance - plenty of coverage for Sturgeon on Indy and Brexit but nothing on her Party's dereliction of duty when it comes to the people of Scotland. Like her or not, Davidson makes a clear and pertinent point.

https://www.facebook.com/RuthDavidsonOfficial/videos/1452664841442393/

Thought you might have posted that video of Annie Wells MSP (Con) saying she doesn't see the sovereignty of the Parliament she actually works in [emoji23][emoji23]

Mind you, another Tory in through the back door with a couple of thousand votes. It's probably her hobby job.

Thunderstruck

Thought you might have posted that video of Annie Wells MSP (Con) saying she doesn't see the sovereignty of the Parliament she actually works in [emoji23][emoji23]

Mind you, another Tory in through the back door with a couple of thousand votes. It's probably her hobby job.

Is what Davidson said in any way wrong or inaccurate?

Also, the very voting system you seem to criticise is the same system that gives the SNP power with the support of 20-odd% of the electorate. I doubt you see the irony.

We have argued about this before, but they did not abolish tuition fees.

They did. The SNP abolished the graduate endowment. Which like it or not isn't a tuition fee.

Space Mackerel

Is what Davidson said in any way wrong or inaccurate?

Also, the very voting system you seem to criticise is the same system that gives the SNP power with the support of 20-odd% of the electorate. I doubt you see the irony.

I've heard enough of her pish, I actually follow her on Pusbook, it's the same rhetoric over and over and over and over again.

Thunderstruck

I've heard enough of her pish, I actually follow her on Pusbook, it's the same rhetoric over and over and over and over again.

Is she wrong? Is education an afterthought? Is the entire focus of this Scottish Government to get another Referendum?

But calling Ruth Davidson a dyke is seen as 'hilarious irreverent satire', by a senior SNP MP, oh the bantz!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/18/scottish-independence-rally-in-ruth-davidson-homophobia-row/

I equally find that abhorrent.

Jesus wept, really Boris?

That's up there with 'Quisling' surely?

I thought you were above that kind of crap.

Perhaps, an outburst of emotion by me, but it rankles that the leader of the opposition feels the need to self deprecate the country she is leader of the opposition in, to gain favour with her counterparts elsewhere.

You may of noticed that I have no time for the Tories. I fully respect individuals wish to remain in the union and, in a better world, I'd have been happy to as well. Those who choose the Tories as their last vestige of hope to save this Union are, in m y opinion, misguided. The Tories don't care about you or me, they only care about what serves them best. Their propaganda is emotive but offers no path to the betterment of everyone. Again, IMO. In other words, backing them for what you see as the right reason, will do you more harm than good in the long run.

I don't aim that at you Adam, per se, I have no idea of your affiliation politically, I use you to mean those that see the Tories as their only chance for the union.

Trapper John McIntyre

Sorry, but can't stand her and what she stands for. She's a charlatan.

You're a Communist.

Didn't that system go down a treat.

jambo lodge

Not a good week for Keith Brown ( where does Nicola go when there is bad news). 1. Queensferry Crossing delayed once again 2. Had to apologise for his role in losing a ?10b deal with the Chinese and 3. announced a Government U turn regarding the Board of Highlands and Islands Enterprise.

The phrase piss up in a brewery comes to mind.  

Adam Murray

Not a good week for Keith Brown ( where does Nicola go when there is bad news). 1. Queensferry Crossing delayed once again 2. Had to apologise for his role in losing a ?10b deal with the Chinese and 3. announced a Government U turn regarding the Board of Highlands and Islands Enterprise.

But section 30's and Holyrood votes for indyref2 keep peoples minds, and media headlines off such 'unimportant' matters.

AlphonseCapone

The council elections will be interesting. If the SNP win easily again will most of the people on this thread admit they are outside the silent majority of Scottish voters?

Trapper John McIntyre

He's just the latest front man for Sturgeon.

Catastrophe of a 'government'.

Trapper John McIntyre

The council elections will be interesting. If the SNP win easily again will most of the people on this thread admit they are outside the silent majority of Scottish voters?

No.