Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

Just as many bring it up from both sides of the arguement.IIRC You have salivated when there was signs of a spike in the oil price. Its dropped as many times as it has risen.

The basic fact is that when the oil price collapsed the UK Economy was able to protect Scotland from probably dire consequences. Better together in action.

You could just as easily say that if Scotland had been an Independent nation over the boom years she would have had her own resources to see off any fall in the price. The UK government are only giving Scotland back a fraction of her own money.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thunderstruck

I expect that Mr Torrance will have reverted to persona non grata amongst the Nats after this morning's piece in the Herald:

"SNP's case for independence rests more on faith than empirical reality"

http://www.heraldscotland.com/opinion/columnists/david_torrance/15183372.David_Torrance__SNP_s_case_for_independence_rests_more_on_faith_than_empirical_reality/

I expect that Mr Torrance will have reverted to persona non grata amongst the Nats after this morning's piece in the Herald:

"SNP's case for independence rests more on faith than empirical reality"

http://www.heraldscotland.com/opinion/columnists/david_torrance/15183372.David_Torrance__SNP_s_case_for_independence_rests_more_on_faith_than_empirical_reality/

Reverted?  Was he ever "rehabilitated"?

Thunderstruck

Reverted? Was he ever "rehabilitated"?

He was last week, albeit briefly, when he suggested that the next Referendum was "for the independence movement to lose".

Wouldn't want to p*** on your chips but this is not really fresh news. Hurricane has been getting good results from exploratory wells for some months yet the news hasn't elevated oil above "bonus" status in Nationalist circles.

The wells are, however, West of Shetland - an area that is considerably more expensive to exploit than the North Sea. Economic recovery will require a sustained price level much higher than that of today.

The good news for the Nats is that if every drop of oil was recoverable (it won't be) and was extracted in a single year (impossible), the tax revenues might just cover the current deficit for ONE year. That ignores the capital allowances that would be given to encourage the development of the fields.

A tip - don't follow Salmond's notion that size of reservoir = recoverable oil/gas or that wholesale price = tax revenue. It's hard to believe he used to be paid as an "expert" in the oil industry.

Great news for us,I'll send that post of yours to TM,once she's read it she'll be so annoyed that she'll phone Nicola asap and beg us to separate,pronto.:)

scott herbertson

The English here are UK Citizens and this is a Uk Constitutional issue related to national sovereignty.

I go to Italy tomorrow to work for a while using the same rules as foreign nationals come to Scotland.

I would not expect to have a vote on the constitutional issues of Italy just because I work there under EU rules.

If foreign nationals apply for UK Citizenship then fine, but those who have no intent to do that should not vote on UK constitutional issues.

As a Scotsman living in England does that mean I get a vote too - excellent!

jambo lodge

Listened to Mike Russell being interviewed on Radio Scotland, what a pompous ass. Theresa May is the cause of the UK breaking up. She is the reason Scotland wants Indy Ref2. She is the reason Northern Ireland Government has broken down and there is general dissent in Wales against the UK. Northern Ireland doesn't need help from anyone to be divided. The SNP Government in Scotland would use any grievance to get another referendum and last I checked the Welsh were very happy to stay in the UK. How on earth does this Scottish Government survive when they wheel out such clowns as Mike Russell........the man who made such a mess of Education when he was Minister.

Space Mackerel

One for Space Mackerel, full of conspiracy throries.

Questioning everything you read/see on the MSM isn't being a conspiracy theorist, it's called not being buttoned up the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jack D and coke

See this sort of stuff, you know how unionists portray a one way street with cybernats or whatever :cornette: :cornette:

Can anybody tell me they've read anything similar in any Scottish printed paper describing the English in this manner?

7039f5edec004a8317c360f04505606f.jpg

Maybe some of you self loathers can explain.

Questioning everything you read/see on the MSM isn't being a conspiracy theorist, it's called not being buttoned up the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

how would you know ? you've said repeatedly you don't read msm.

you only look at the one side of the coin, wos, I'd call that brainwashed.

See this sort of stuff, you know how unionists portray a one way street with cybernats or whatever :cornette: :cornette:

Can anybody tell me they've read anything similar in any Scottish printed paper describing the English in this manner?

most of anti English stuff printed is usually of the hate/nasty kind and there's little attempt at even poor humour.

jack D and coke

most of anti English stuff printed is usually of the hate/nasty kind and there's little attempt at even poor humour.

It's the kind of self loathing reply I expect tbh[emoji1]

Care to point me to some anti English stuff in mainstream printed press you know not some cybernat maybe saying a bad word on twitter? Just one would do[emoji1360]

That stuff is prevalent in English papers ripping the pish out Scotland and Scots in general.

It's the kind of self loathing reply I expect tbh[emoji1]

Care to point me to some anti English stuff in mainstream printed press you know not some cybernat maybe saying a bad word on twitter? Just one would do[emoji1360]

That stuff is prevalent in English papers ripping the pish out Scotland and Scots in general.

I doubt that, their attitude is more of the dis-interested variety. I leave the copy n pasting skills to the separatists, you all know where the gospels are in your own brainwashing media.

"self loathing" maybe in your head, not mine, I'm quite comfortable with my ways

Edited by reaths17

Space Mackerel

how would you know ? you've said repeatedly you don't read msm.

you only look at the one side of the coin, wos, I'd call that brainwashed.

How do you know what I watch and don't watch?

I've got Sky News app on my AFTV box which I watch fairly often. The BBC never, like the 17 secs Jackie Bird last mentioned about one of the biggest oil finds in the U.K. since 2001.

You must think we all button up the back like yourself.

jack D and coke

I doubt that, their attitude is more of the dis-interested variety. I leave the copy n pasting skills to the separatists, you all know where the gospels are in your own brainwashing media.

I ain't a separatist bruv, or im not hell bent on it anyway I just don't appreciate getting the pish taken when if we retaliated in anyway we'd be anti English seperatistic cybernazis or some equally cringeworthy label. Even that what a cringey word to use, a separatist jesus :cornette:

Space Mackerel

most of anti English stuff printed is usually of the hate/nasty kind and there's little attempt at even poor humour.

What's that from? The English Sun?

Jockistan :lol:

Adam Murray

What's that from? The English Sun?

Jockistan :lol:

You're ex forces, you've surely heard that term, among others, used many a time?

Thunderstruck

I've got Sky News app on my AFTV box which I watch fairly often. The BBC never, like the 17 secs Jackie Bird last mentioned about one of the biggest oil finds in the U.K. since 2001.

You "don't watch BBC" but know that Jackie Bird spent "17secs" on an oil find. Curious.

Did your alternative news sources cover the othe "Hurricane" finds in the last 6 months? If they did, why didn't you trumpet them on the internet?

jambo lodge

Which newspaper was this in, think its just a bit of fun, where did your sense of humour go?.  

Which newspaper was this in, think its just a bit of fun, where did your sense of humour go?.  

It left the same time words such as "darkie" or "chinky" were used to refer to different ethnicities.

jack D and coke

Which newspaper was this in, think its just a bit of fun, where did your sense of humour go?.

I've got plenty sense of humour. My point is when is this ever reciprocated? The self loathers would be up in arms[emoji1]

Can you tell me what name we have for England and the English cos I actually don't know one. That have jockistan or sweatys etc they have taffys, paddys, frogs, krauts and on and on. Can you see the sense of superiority? Can you tell me what derogatory names we have for them please?

deesidejambo

I've got plenty sense of humour. My point is when is this ever reciprocated? The self loathers would be up in arms[emoji1]

Can you tell me what name we have for England and the English cos I actually don't know one. That have jockistan or sweatys etc they have taffys, paddys, frogs, krauts and on and on. Can you see the sense of superiority? Can you tell me what derogatory names we have for them please?

Filthy English *******s

jack D and coke

Filthy English *******s

[emoji23][emoji23]

Can't see that getting used in mainstream printed press though can you?

All the other ones I've seen written in print in English papers.

Adam Murray

[emoji23][emoji23]

Can't see that getting used in mainstream printed press though can you?

All the other ones I've seen written in print in English papers.

Pommie b******, scouse ****, cockney ****, brummie b*****d, the list is endless  :sunny:

jack D and coke

Pommie b******, scouse ****, cockney ****, brummie b*****d, the list is endless :sunny:

You've ever seen a Scottish paper print pommie? Or any of the other stuff in a derogatory way? And using a region isn't the same cmon. I use weejy regular it's not the same ballpark as calling a nation names.

Adam Murray

You've ever seen a Scottish paper print pommie? Or any of the other stuff in a derogatory way? And using a region isn't the same cmon. I use weejy regular it's not the same ballpark as calling a nation names.

It was a bit tongue in cheek really.

I certainly don't take offence to being told i'm from 'jockistan', I also think that's a bit tongue in cheek.

As for ripping it out of the English, we certainly have a good laugh at them in the papers every four years when they get papped out the World Cup (every two if you include the euros)

Space Mackerel

You're ex forces, you've surely heard that term, among others, used many a time?

Once or twice, sweaty sock, porridge wog too. Never bothered me as it was just banter and they knew they would get a sare pus if they carried on. Edited by Space Mackerel

Space Mackerel

You "don't watch BBC" but know that Jackie Bird spent "17secs" on an oil find. Curious.

Did your alternative news sources cover the othe "Hurricane" finds in the last 6 months? If they did, why didn't you trumpet them on the internet?

There was a link on Pusbook today, do you think I watch BBC tv with a stopwatch in my hand? [emoji23]

Space Mackerel

It was a bit tongue in cheek really.

I certainly don't take offence to being told i'm from 'jockistan', I also think that's a bit tongue in cheek.

As for ripping it out of the English, we certainly have a good laugh at them in the papers every four years when they get papped out the World Cup (every two if you include the euros)

Was it you or others or both that got their nickers wet because Alec Salmond said something about posh boys in charge?

Adam Murray

Was it you or others or both that got their nickers wet because Alec Salmond said something about posh boys in charge?

No not me, but then again, maybe someone in Alex Salmonds position should know better than to go around name calling on the basis of someone's class

jambo lodge

It left the same time words such as "darkie" or "chinky" were used to refer to different ethnicities.

Oh for goodess sake , get a life. Perhaps 25 years ago when Alf Garnet was on TV. But don't let a piece of humour get in the way of a grievance,

jambo lodge

Meantime back in the day job, parliament is informed that the new Queensferry bridge opening will be delayed for a second time........because of wind. If the Government didn't generate the huge scale of wind on Indyref2 and instead concentrate on managing the economy we would all be much better. 

Space Mackerel

Meantime back in the day job, parliament is informed that the new Queensferry bridge opening will be delayed for a second time........because of wind. If the Government didn't generate the huge scale of wind on Indyref2 and instead concentrate on managing the economy we would all be much better.

There wouldn't be a second bridge if it wasn't for the vision of Oor Alec.

i never said you watched anything, engage the single cell before reading.

as i wrote, "you've said repeatedly you dont read mainstream media", call yourself a liar all you want, cool with me.

Space Mackerel

i never said you watched anything, engage the single cell before reading.

as i wrote, "you've said repeatedly you dont read mainstream media", call yourself a liar all you want, cool with me.

I only watch it to have a good chuckle to myself to the way they contort facts.

For example, after the U turn by the Torys on NI for self employed, Sky spent way more time criticising Corbyn for his response than Hammond and May. You can work the rest out for yourself surely and why they do it...

I only watch it to have a good chuckle to myself to the way they contort facts.

For example, after the U turn by the Torys on NI for self employed, Sky spent way more time criticising Corbyn for his response than Hammond and May. You can work the rest out for yourself surely and why they do it...

you dont, you do..whatever, makes everything you post clear now.

Space Mackerel

you dont, you do..whatever, makes everything you post clear now.

Hopefully that post you've quoted might just open your eyes to what's going on in the MSM, but I doubt it.

Stuart Lyon

HJ - free bus pass just offsets some of my now ridiculously high council tax and if it is withdrawn so be it - not something that would remotely make me want to vote for the SNP cult. Free prescriptions too are a bonus but I do wonder how sustainable this policy is and I say that as someone who benefits significantly from this policy.

HaymarketJambo

HJ - free bus pass just offsets some of my now ridiculously high council tax and if it is withdrawn so be it - not something that would remotely make me want to vote for the SNP cult. Free prescriptions too are a bonus but I do wonder how sustainable this policy is and I say that as someone who benefits significantly from this policy.

Stuart - We had a council tax freeze for year's under the SNP, I take it you were not happy with that because it was the SNP?

Also it's not the SNP government that sets the council tax rate it's our council's.   

But you just carry on blaming the SNP for everything.   

Edited by HaymarketJambo

AlphonseCapone

So three policies you've benefitted from, free bus bus, council tax freeze and free prescriptions and yet you'd vote for anyone but the SNP (presumably the Greens aye?), why?

Are you one of these people who moaned about the freeze and then moaned about the thaw?

Stuart Lyon

HJ & aC - i did benefit from the CT freeze but all that achieved was a false situation that had to be rectified by the recent huge increase (?43pm) for me. I would much rather have had an annual increase over the "freeze" years.

Despite the free bus pass and prescriptions I would still not vote for the SNP or the Greens for the matter. Monster Raving Loony Party would get my vote now if they put up a candidate.