Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

jambo lodge

Yeah coz Brexit isnt making any markets nervous? Sterling is on its arse exactly because the loony yoons right wing love in with far right UKIP & the Tory back benchers.

Timing is perfect. Just a wee while longer until we find out the real fall-out from Brexit THEN we kiss goodbye to this false union forever. Tick feckin Tock!

The pound was overvalued for years and its fall in value was a natural correction post the Brexit referendum. The gloom and doom forecast however by the " establishment" simply did not happen and the UK ( except Scotland ) still enjoys some of the best growth figures of any country worldwide. London ( whether the Nats like it or not ) is the financial capital of Europe and will remain so after Brexit. That is why the EU will continue to want to trade with the UK.........to get access to capital. Will an independent Scotland still get access to capital available in London........yes at a cost.  

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah coz Brexit isnt making any markets nervous? Sterling is on its arse exactly because the loony yoons right wing love in with far right UKIP & the Tory back benchers.

Timing is perfect. Just a wee while longer until we find out the real fall-out from Brexit THEN we kiss goodbye to this false union forever. Tick feckin Tock!

See this "false union" chat, do you not think it's a bit nonsensical?

What union is ever equal?

The Scottish people voted to stay in the UK. The UK voted to leave the EU. Scotland consented to being in a union where this was a possibility. It wasn't hidden but folk still backed it.

Any union or form of partnership post Independence won't be equal or any better. If Scots green energy still wants subsidy from rUK tax payers that needs negotiated and will be skewed (possibly) in their favour.

At present the union has to afford concession to its constituent parts - the Barnett formula for example. But outwith that the interests of Scots become a non-issue, a lesser concern and eventually an irrelevance.

"Oh you want to share the pound? Sorry, the voters of Humberside and Tyneside won't buy it so it's a no..."

"Oh, you believe there should a single Britain wide energy market? Well I'm afraid that may cause price rises on consumers in Bristol for purchasing more expensive, green energy from Scotland so no..."

These issues need to be considered in the fullness they deserve. Not tick-tock and false union. The false union is what would follow independence. The UK is experiencing it with the EU. The situation in Scotland will be indentical to that on a smaller scale.

Edited by JamboX2

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It's pretty bizarre to hear May making arguments against independence which many are making against Brexit. Having her cake and eating it somewhat.

Adam Murray

It's pretty bizarre to hear May making arguments against independence which many are making against Brexit. Having her cake and eating it somewhat.

Was May for Brexit though? She kept her cards pretty close to her chest during the run up to the EU referendum. She is now in a position where she is being asked to carry out the will of the majority who voted.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Was May for Brexit though? She kept her cards pretty close to her chest during the run up to the EU referendum. She is now in a position where she is being asked to carry out the will of the majority who voted.

My understanding was that she's a remain supporter. And yes she does. But it shows a lack of self awareness to refute an identical argument in one case and support it in another.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Mind you, it's all posturing over independence. I doubt Sturgeon will call another referendum. The only way she can win is by allowing the English down south to vote.

deesidejambo

My understanding was that she's a remain supporter. And yes she does. But it shows a lack of self awareness to refute an identical argument in one case and support it in another.

The arguments are not identical.  Far from it.

The Tories are on the up though Space Mackerel. Why does it bother you so much? It's not as if they're ever going to be as popular in Scotland the SNP are now.

Tories on the up. :lol:

385e27e9da1fa09cee92ce916689d930.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Fancy going to the Scottish Conservatives Conference? 

The Who?

The Who! Two tickets please.

Space Mackerel

The Tories are on the up though Space Mackerel. Why does it bother you so much? It's not as if they're ever going to be as popular in Scotland the SNP are now.

Probably due to the reporting style of Sky and BBC implying that they are a major force when the reality is they are on 22%.

There weren't that many more in the hall than was at Corbyns speech the week before.

Probably due to the reporting style of Sky and BBC implying that they are a major force when the reality is they are on 22%.

There weren't that many more in the hall than was at Corbyns speech the week before.

That picture you have posted wasn't taken during May's speech though.

Not sure what the need is to downplay or lie about it, if they're such an irrelevance.

Space Mackerel

Not sure what the need is to downplay or lie about it, if they're such an irrelevance.

Figure of 500 in attendance for Motths closing speech. I dunno what percentage would be journos.

Let's face it, the Torys have peaked at 22%

SNP conference below

d30948f4814f1548b7a0d3c4e8749a40.jpg

The pound was overvalued for years and its fall in value was a natural correction post the Brexit referendum. The gloom and doom forecast however by the " establishment" simply did not happen and the UK ( except Scotland ) still enjoys some of the best growth figures of any country worldwide. London ( whether the Nats like it or not ) is the financial capital of Europe and will remain so after Brexit. That is why the EU will continue to want to trade with the UK.........to get access to capital. Will an independent Scotland still get access to capital available in London........yes at a cost.

Overvalued? Unyet according to you, the UK is at the centre of everything finincial & its that awesome that Europe will come cash in hand to the city after Brexit? Aye right then. Why would Scotland pay more to access capital than any other country on the planet? Just because? Is that it?

See this "false union" chat, do you not think it's a bit nonsensical?

What union is ever equal?

The Scottish people voted to stay in the UK. The UK voted to leave the EU. Scotland consented to being in a union where this was a possibility. It wasn't hidden but folk still backed it.

Any union or form of partnership post Independence won't be equal or any better. If Scots green energy still wants subsidy from rUK tax payers that needs negotiated and will be skewed (possibly) in their favour.

At present the union has to afford concession to its constituent parts - the Barnett formula for example. But outwith that the interests of Scots become a non-issue, a lesser concern and eventually an irrelevance.

"Oh you want to share the pound? Sorry, the voters of Humberside and Tyneside won't buy it so it's a no..."

"Oh, you believe there should a single Britain wide energy market? Well I'm afraid that may cause price rises on consumers in Bristol for purchasing more expensive, green energy from Scotland so no..."

These issues need to be considered in the fullness they deserve. Not tick-tock and false union. The false union is what would follow independence. The UK is experiencing it with the EU. The situation in Scotland will be indentical to that on a smaller scale.

Utter pish.

Tick Tock

Trapper John McIntyre

Figure of 500 in attendance for Motths closing speech. I dunno what percentage would be journos.

Let's face it, the Torys have peaked at 22%

SNP conference below

d30948f4814f1548b7a0d3c4e8749a40.jpg

Love a rally, these people.

Space Mackerel

Love a rally, these people.

Yoons lose NI control.

Tick tock.

Trapper John McIntyre

Yoons lose NI control.

Tick tock.

Lets have a rally to celebrate.

deesidejambo

Yoons lose NI control.

Tick tock.

You saying that NI will now leave UK and join the republic?       Tick-tock away.

Space Mackerel

You saying that NI will now leave UK and join the republic? Tick-tock away.

Only the politically naive wouldn't think there's a chance of Irish unity after Brexit.

http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/world-view-brexit-may-force-re-evaluation-of-irish-unity-1.2996704#.WLrzDRtWHkA.twitter

Space Mackerel

Only the stupid will think this will happen. Cue more troubles.

You didn't read the article did you?

deesidejambo

You didn't read the article did you?

Aye.

Good luck with your Irish Unity my Republican chum.

MacDonald Jardine

Auld pishy pants with another clanger.

85d927c099650f12a2c7b5362dc8051d.jpg

I always thought there was something funny about you.

That's a term for George Foulkes bandied about on Hibs forum's.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

deesidejambo

Outed as Hibee Republican

Space Mackerel

Is it? I've just seen him called that a few times, he's a slavering Yoon none the less as proved by his Tweet.

And I've done my time in HM Forces thanks, done more live armed guard against PIRA in the 90's than I care to remember.

What have you done?

Space Mackerel

Aye.

Good luck with your Irish Unity my Republican chum.

Couldn't care less about Irish politics, just stating facts.

Arnold Rothstein

Is it? I've just seen him called that a few times, he's a slavering Yoon none the less as proved by his Tweet.

And I've done my time in HM Forces thanks, done more live armed guard against PIRA in the 90's than I care to remember.

What have you done?

The thought of you with a gun is terrifying.

DanishTam10

I suspect this man knows his onions.

0e7dc521f0d3fd81e794427c4f387454.png

Won't stop you marching against him. 

jambo lodge

Tories on the up. :lol:

385e27e9da1fa09cee92ce916689d930.jpg

Funny, thought you might have been one of the four clowns protesting outside when Theresa May spoke to the party faithful. People with YES flags living in the pas.

jambo lodge

Overvalued? Unyet according to you, the UK is at the centre of everything finincial & its that awesome that Europe will come cash in hand to the city after Brexit? Aye right then. Why would Scotland pay more to access capital than any other country on the planet? Just because? Is that it?

Thanks for you're thoughtful analysis. Europe will still come to London post Brexit and Scotland will pay more for access to capital for the simple reason it has no credit rating of its own at the moment. 

Thunderstruck

What have you done?

That's poor form, even by your low standards.

Service in the Forces isn't for everyone and the fact that you have served shouldn't be used in an attempt to belittle anyone.

DanishTam10

I suspect this man knows his onions.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/11058007/Alex-Salmond-criticises-leading-political-journalist-during-heated-interview.html

"A rattled Alex Salmond has criticised a journalist for asking questions about a separate Scotland?s currency in a heated TV interview

The tetchy First Minister claimed the issue had been settled during in the debate on Monday night.

He accused Faisal Islam, the Sky News political editor, of attempting to ?impersonate? Alistair Darling during an interview on Tuesday morning...."

Service in the Forces isn't for everyone and the fact that you have served shouldn't be used in an attempt to belittle anyone.

he's a separatist, thats what they do,when asked serious questions on how his independence works, they slobber insults about, like salmond in the other post or the wings fruitloop in earlier posts

deesidejambo

He doesn't bother checking his facts before cut and paste from Twitter.

But he is afraid of the Tories making the Holyrood govt looking stupid.   Named Person Act seems to be buried now.  If the SNP try to resurrect it then they will look even more stupid.

deesidejambo

he's a separatist, thats what they do,when asked serious questions on how his independence works, they slobber insults about, like salmond in the other post or the wings fruitloop in earlier posts

They are getting desperate.   The polls are against them and nobody is going to change their minds on either side.  Cue fake claim they "know someone" who has converted, usually an Auntie, as per CyberNat Manual.

Space Mackerel

Why? He called me out for being a hobo republican, nothing can be further from the truth.

deesidejambo

Why? He called me out for being a hobo republican, nothing can be further from the truth.

So your not a republican?

Space Mackerel

So your not a republican?

I think the terms our Sevco sympathising pal was meaning was Irish republicanism.

Do I believe we need a monarchy, absolutely not.

deesidejambo

I think the terms our Sevco sympathising pal was meaning was Irish republicanism.

Do I believe we need a monarchy, absolutely not.

So you are a Republican.

Space Mackerel

So you are a Republican.

Is that some sort of criminal thought likes?

MacDonald Jardine

What have you done?

I didn't mention politics. I just said that was a term Hibs fans used.

Hearts fans tend to have a degree of respect for Foulkes as they do for Salmond and did for McLetchie.

I am though quite amazed that someone who rants against 'yoons' is proud to say they served in the forces.

deesidejambo

Is that some sort of criminal thought likes?

No not at all. Just trying to establish where you are coming from.

But presumably unlike Aussie you don't want her hung?

Space Mackerel

I didn't mention politics. I just said that was a term Hibs fans used.

Hearts fans tend to have a degree of respect for Foulkes as they do for Salmond and did for McLetchie.

I am though quite amazed that someone who rants against 'yoons' is proud to say they served in the forces.

Quite a few of my ex buddies are pro Independence now.

Guess we all grow up and mature our brains over time.

Space Mackerel

No not at all. Just trying to establish where you are coming from.

But presumably unlike Aussie you don't want her hung?

:lol: Naw, but I don't think she will be purring with joy after the next result.

Thunderstruck

You could surely deal with that without the "look at me" postscript.