Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

DanishTam10

I've already explained why the North Sea tax take has been crap for the last few years whilst Norway has made profit. This is from a director of an oil company who has been a personal friend for 40 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

So who are the other friends you have? I mean if just one of your friends can explain the whole thing about Scot/oil/future , you are like an oracle. 

Edited by DanishTam10

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Space Mackerel

So who are the other friends you have? I mean if just one of your friends can explain the whole thing about Scot/oil/future , you are like an oracle.

Well I obviously know a lot more than you, you'll just have to accept it.

Should've stuck in at school pal, movers and shakers eh?

You think all these Baltic states are dying to join back up with Russia now?

[emoji2]

No. I'm saying the examples you're using are in no way comparable to Scotland. How is Kenya's independence struggle in anyway comparable to Scotland's nationalism?

Even the Baltic States were annexed. The equivalence is Czechoslovakia or Yugoslavia. A willing union of nations which broke up into its constituent parts. Not former colonies.

You belittle Scotland's status to suggest it's a colony.

Edited by JamboX2

Space Mackerel

No. I'm saying the examples you're using are in no way comparable to Scotland. How is Kenya's independence struggle in anyway comparable to Scotland's nationalism?

Even the Baltic States were annexed. The equivalence is Czechoslovakia or Yugoslavia. A willing union of nations which broke up into its constituent parts. Not former colonies.

You're right Jambo x2, Russia did not go out and try to colonise these former Eastern Bloc countries after WW2 :rofl:

DanishTam10

You're right Jambo x2, Russia did not go out and try to colonise these former Eastern Bloc countries after WW2 :rofl:

That wasn't the point he was making. 

We are proposing the break up of a union of nations.

And it is a good example you give .

The USSR.

Thats why i cannot get my head around those who wish independence and membership of the EU.

Can anyone give an example of union of countries where itbwas not set up to benefit the central power that originated the idea.

Even the USA sees the wealth disproportionate to the victors .

America... Canada... Australia. Even the UK. Nations founded as unions to bring all its parts together for strength and wealth.

California may be the world's 7th economy but it pays federal taxes. These taxes are redistributed so that South Dakota gets the benefit of Californian wealth.

The UK also was a mutually beneficial deal: England didn't need to look over it's shoulder and Scotland gained free access to the world's emerging economic superpower and it's colonies. Scotland built the Empire, but the Scotland we know was built by the Empire.

Unions are not bad things and are largely beneficial to those who live within them. But where they fail: USSR, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia it shouldn't be said that they were always bad. If the UK goes we will lose something which makes us part of something bigger than ourselves and stronger because of it. But if we chose to do that so be it.

DanishTam10

Hi JamboX2 

I don't think anyone will get a conversation out of Space Mackerel. So far, I have seen lots of his replies, none of which are a genuine conversation. 

Space Mackerel

That wasn't the point he was making.

At least he did make a point, whatever it was, unlike yourself.

You don't get the point I'm making.

Scotland is NOT a colony of England. Therefore your point of equivalence with African colonies of the UK is pish.

The equivalent example of Scotland's nationalist movement is Czechoslovakia or Yugoslavia. Or the USSR in 1991 with Belarus and Ukraine.

How you cannot see that point is beyond me. Stop twisting it to fit your narrative.

Space Mackerel

Hi JamboX2

I don't think anyone will get a conversation out of Space Mackerel. So far, I have seen lots of his replies, none of which are a genuine conversation.

You want me to read up on Nigerias independence struggle? :rofl:

I'm only concerned with one.

Space Mackerel

You don't get the point I'm making.

Scotland is NOT a colony of England. Therefore your point of equivalence with African colonies of the UK is pish.

The equivalent example of Scotland's nationalist movement is Czechoslovakia or Yugoslavia. Or the USSR in 1991 with Belarus and Ukraine.

How you cannot see that point is beyond me. Stop twisting it to fit your narrative.

Well I beg to differ, I see Scotland as a colony. After all, if we are subsidy junkies as we are led to believe, why does England want to hold on to us?

Take your time....

Ah. So you prefer ignorance to the world and learning from successful movements in Norway, Slovakia and the Czech Republic and would rather plough on into another defeat.

DanishTam10

I will join in, 

so

-first I ignore the meaning of the reply

-then add a tangential issue, 

Hi Space Mackerel

I don't want country musicians to deliver babies, why do you want them to?

Space Mackerel

I will join in,

so

-first I ignore the meaning of the reply

-then add a tangential issue,

Hi Space Mackerel

I don't want country musicians to deliver babies, why do you want them to?

**** me [emoji23]

Well I beg to differ, I see Scotland as a colony. After all, if we are subsidy junkies as we are led to believe, why does England want to hold on to us?

Take your time....

I'm not an oppressed colonial subject. I'm a free and independent citizen of Scotland which is a part of a union of nations called the UK and am a citizen if their also.

If you cannot first accept this, you will never realise independence.

A huge majority do not feel like they are an oppressed race who are governed by a foreign power in Scotland.

Space Mackerel

Ah. So you prefer ignorance to the world and learning from successful movements in Norway, Slovakia and the Czech Republic and would rather plough on into another defeat.

Scotland will be fine on its own.

Answer the question, in fact, any die hard Yoon on here.

Why is England so desperate to hang on to Scotland? We are subsidy junkies, drunks, wasters.

Space Mackerel

I'm not an oppressed colonial subject. I'm a free and independent citizen of Scotland which is a part of a union of nations called the UK and am a citizen if their also.

If you cannot first accept this, you will never realise independence.

A huge majority do not feel like they are an oppressed race who are governed by a foreign power in Scotland.

Ah, and here's the crux, you are a solicitor by you're own admission? Correct?

I guess you've never been to Castlemilk, Niddrie, Muirhouse to visit your pals, picking up your grub from a food bank?

I can see why you endorse the status quo.

How much do you earn per year being 27 years old?

Why is England so desperate to hang on to Scotland? We are subsidy junkies, drunks, wasters.

Well we aren't. With the exception of people with pea sized brains like Kelvin McKenzie and Katie Hopkins who write in rags like the Mail, the Express and the Sun nobody believes this except from certain Nationalists who trot it out to whip up grievance over nothing.

Answer my question - what on earth links Scottish nationalism and independence with the likes of many of the nations you linked above?

You belittle Scotland and those movements against an imperialism Scots happily enforced and took advantage of by equating the two.

Edited by JamboX2

Space Mackerel

Well we aren't. With the exception of people with pea sized brains like Kelvin McKenzie and Katie Hopkins who write in rags like the Mail, the Express and the Sun nobody believes this except from certain Nationalists who trot it out to whip up grievance over nothing.

Answer my question - what on earth links Scottish nationalism and independence with the likes of many of the nations you linked above?

You belittle Scotland and those movements against an imperialism Scots happily enforced and took advantage of by equating the two.

Canada, New Zealand and the USA seem to be doing fine without the interference of London?

Amongst others on the list.

Empires over dude. All of it.

DanishTam10

**** me [emoji23]

So you want dogs to be in charge of library heating? 

You actually believe you are like pre-independence India cos of this convo on Kickback?

Yes. :smug:

Space Mackerel

I have relatives who have disabilities and are reliant on the welfare state. I come from a working class background. I know hard times. And what more I don't need to justify any of this to you.

You're doomed to defeat if you believe the way you go about things on here helps your cause.

Your politics only serve yourself, not anyone else, pure selfish greed is what I'm getting from your posts.

Try putting some of your wealth back into the less fortunate, it's better in the long run for everyone, trust me.

Canada, New Zealand and the USA seem to be doing fine without the interference of London?

Amongst others on the list.

Empires over dude. All of it.

Seriously. You're not getting it.

Can I suggest you buy these things called books. Read a few. Educate yourself beyond this website and Wings and Craig Murray and you might be able to understand context, subtext, subtlety and a point being made.

I'm off.

Cheerie!

jambo lodge

Take your time....

This is the problem with the SNP and the grievance politics they follow. The colonial country of Scotland wiz robbed of its oil and all these English tories spent it. Racist, bigoted nonsense and a display of the huge inferiority complex that many in our land suffer from.  

Your politics only serve yourself, not anyone else, pure selfish greed is what I'm getting from your posts.

Try putting some of your wealth back into the less fortunate, it's better in the long run for everyone, trust me.

Do you tell your oil exec mates that too?

I pay tax. Volunteer my time with charities and as I've said have relatives who are pretty hard up. Won't go into details but i do my bit. I know what I do. I'm fortunate, many aren't. Don't come from the Grange, went to a normal comprehensive and got into uni through support from Edinburgh Councils LEAPs program. I don't have a silver spoon in.my mouth.

My posts aren't a sign of selfishness. I don't think. I think i asked you to explain why Scotland and some nations were similar when the real equivalence is with other comparable European nations which became independent from unions of nations in the last 30 years. You couldn't.

Your posts are ones of ignorance and petulance.

I wish you all the best.

Edited by JamboX2

Space Mackerel

Mods - please delete this post. No point.

Did you do any economics at school?

From 15 mins on, it's a documentary about food banks, opportunity cost and all that. Funnily enough, he's English living down the Borders.

I think it's a shame Spacey makes sensible and calm points, yet he gets so much angry abuse in return. :(

Space Mackerel

Do you tell your oil exec mates that too?

I pay tax. Volunteer my time with charities and as I've said have relatives who are pretty hard up. Won't go into details but i do my bit. I know what I do. I'm fortunate, many aren't.

My posts aren't a sign of selfishness. I don't think. I think i asked you to explain why Scotland and some nations were similar when the real equivalence is with other comparable European nations which became independent from unions of nations in the last 30 years.

Your posts are ones of ignorance and petulance.

I wish you all the best.

I've been around this planet almost x 2 as much as you (irony eh?)

I can sniff out a closet I'm alright Jack.

What car do you drive? Bet your gunning for a 911? What model? [emoji2]

DanishTam10

Did you do any economics at school?

From 15 mins on, it's a documentary about food banks, opportunity cost and all that. Funnily enough, he's English living down the Borders.

I don't think 15 Yetis holding hands will be the cure for education you think it will be. 

Space Mackerel

I don't think 15 Yetis holding hands will be the cure for education you think it will be.

Could you not go back to you flute practice and gees peace? :lol:

Space Mackerel

I think it's a shame Spacey makes sensible and calm points, yet he gets so much angry abuse in return. :(

8 v 1 man.

I do try and educate the youngsters on here but they're a bit set in their ways. PlayStation generation were always going to be trouble.

DanishTam10

Could you not go back to you flute practice and gees peace? :lol:

So wood chippings are the best language? 

Space Mackerel

So wood chippings are the best language?

Better sticking with this one Tam.

39f079bd762e38c8dbb4fe3e017a4417.jpg

deesidejambo

Because the wealth of the whole is larger than the sum of its parts. USA being a similar example and many other federations

Which you won't understand.

DanishTam10

Better sticking with this one Tam.

So you want to introduce giraffes into police stations?

deesidejambo

I've been around this planet almost x 2 as much as you (irony eh?)

I can sniff out a closet I'm alright Jack.

What car do you drive? Bet your gunning for a 911? What model? [emoji2]

Total drivel.

Space Mackerel

Because the wealth of the whole is larger than the sum of its parts. USA being a similar example and many other federations

Which you won't understand.

Shame the UK electorate couldn't put that into practice with the EU.

I've already explained why the North Sea tax take has been crap for the last few years whilst Norway has made profit. This is from a director of an oil company who has been a personal friend for 40 years.

Dont fall into currency red herring or oil revenue.

Scotlands economy will prosper afyer independence .

Scotland is well placed to be a expansive economy.

I can if any adult wants to discuss this give my views on this.

But its either yoon or fish face patter on here right now.

Or posters taking it personal and those who want to hark back to the past.

DanishTam10

Go on then, 

Edited by DanishTam10

Space Mackerel

Most the oil companies moved out the Scottish sector and to the Norwegian sector due to the Windfall Tax imposed by the the Labour government.

Oil companies look years ahead when planning operations and hence why they ****ed off. And who can blame them.

Well done UK policy. Short term gains for not a lot else.

DanishTam10

Most the oil companies moved out the Scottish sector and to the Norwegian sector due to the Windfall Tax imposed by the the Labour government.

Oil companies look years ahead when planning operations and hence why they ****ed off. And who can blame them.

Well done UK policy. Short term gains for not a lot else.

How would 15 hubcaps replace postboxes?

Space Mackerel

How would 15 hubcaps replace postboxes?

Keep going Tam, it's a parody account.

You're slicing yourself up like a pack of crap Tulip on here.

DanishTam10

Keep going Tam, it's a parody account.

You're slicing yourself up like a pack of crap Tulip on here.

I can't agree that one Wotsit equals one bridge.

Edited by DanishTam10

Space Mackerel

I can't agree that one Wotsit equals one bridge.

Stop trying to get the thread closed with your pish.

Many thanks in advance.

Yes. :smug:

Aye course you do.

Do the Scottish people have a system in place based on the colour of skin.

Or abject poverty.

Or the lack of democratic redress.

Or influence in international economics

Or the inabilty to freely express themselves without revolution as what was the case in the India that was.

I am seriously considering placing your idiocy on ignore.

Away with it doesn't begin to cover it.

As for your spraff about hateful comments it might be worth a reminder that you called hearts supporters worse than shite and you constantly refer to them as bigots and other usual guardian type insults.

Many thanks in advance.

Spacey you're as guilty as he is.

DanishTam10

Many thanks in advance.

How does 12 people in a cafe equal making everything a Kentucky Fried Chicken?

Space Mackerel

Spacey you're as guilty as he is.

We are toying with you, I'm as cool as a cucumber here pal.

Aye course you do.

Do the Scottish people have a system in place based on the colour of skin.

Or abject poverty.

Or the lack of democratic redress.

Or influence in international economics

Or the inabilty to freely express themselves without revolution as what was the case in the India that was.

I am seriously considering placing your idiocy on ignore.

Away with it doesn't begin to cover it.

As for your spraff about hateful comments it might be worth a reminder that you called hearts supporters worse than shite and you constantly refer to them as bigots and other usual guardian type insults.

You've gone off on one again Jake. Missed the actuall point and gone bananas. :(