Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

coconut doug

Another good tiff between Portillo and Salmond on This Week last night. Its on the Iplayer or Catch up. Interesting that Salmond downgrades Surgeons claim that another referendum is inevitable to very likely at the end of the piece.

Even more made up nonsense. Nicola said it was "highly likely" in response to being asked if it was "all but inevitable"   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FovIg2CIaU

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those days are gone, now, and in the past, they must remain,

so we must hike taxes,

and screw the workers again............

Who worked and saved for,

a future of their weans

but stood against them

a nationalist army.

who raised their taxes.....

tae tax and spend :toff:

I take it you were on here every year applauding the SNP for the freeze in council tax???  Nope, didn't think so. 

Space Mackerel

Just flicking channels, and Andrew Neil's Politics Show is on.

Who does he "support" out of curiosity?

He had Gordon Mundell on first, then Angus Robertson, and all he did was shout over the pair of them.

Is he always as ridiculous as his "hair" on that show? I'll rarely watch it, but if that's what he's like regularly, I'll be watching Bargain Hunt more often.

He's a Brit Nat. He's one of the main men for the BBC. What else would he be?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

jack D and coke

Don't really care about his leanings. Was more interested in the manner he treated Mundell & Robertson with equal contempt, & didn't really care for what either was saying.

Just wondering if that's his usual.

Bad hair day, possibly.

He does tend to give them all a decent grilling although he's pretty much a Tory think.

It must be difficult to ask a question of a politician and have to put up with the deflection and filibuster that they come out with, after all the years he's been doing it he knows bull shit when he hears it and tries to get an answer, as said, he treats everyone the same. Angus Robertson does come accross as a pompous arrogant wee nyaff every time I see him on TV though, a proper tit.

Space Mackerel

It must be difficult to ask a question of a politician and have to put up with the deflection and filibuster that they come out with, after all the years he's been doing it he knows bull shit when he hears it and tries to get an answer, as said, he treats everyone the same. Angus Robertson does come accross as a pompous arrogant wee nyaff every time I see him on TV though, a proper tit.

I think he speaks clearly and concisely.

Fluffy on the other hand was about 10 seconds away from either a heart attack or a proper full on meltdown. Utterly FAF.

Edited by Space Mackerel

Is that not just splitting hairs though? Surely for the vote to have taken place, it would have to be agreed by all parties, amendments and all?

Well no, not really.  It would have been passed by parliament, but not everyone would have voted in favour of the amendment, perhaps the SNP members for example.  So to say all parties agreed wouldn't be strictly true, imo.

That doesn't mean to say that the "rules of the game" were not public knowledge before the vote.

doctor jambo

Even more made up nonsense. Nicola said it was "highly likely" in response to being asked if it was "all but inevitable"   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FovIg2CIaU

I hope it does happen and I really hope they plan this time

A coherent economic plan,

a currency plan

and their intentions re the EU please

oh, and a plan for ditching the monarchy please

I WOULD vote for a Scottish Republic within the EU , using the euro,

if there was a sound economic plan

Space Mackerel

I assume you mean Mundell?

He was getting rather agitated.

It was like he was trying to take off at one stage, because the more irate he was getting, the more he started flapping his arms at his side.

Bizzare behavior.

Fluffy Mundell is what he's known up here.

It was pretty funny watching his shoulders go up in down at the end.

There's one Tory MP up here and he's an utter clown.

doctor jambo

And there are loads of SNP ones and the majority of them are utter clowns too

True but Fluffy is a vagina though eh? He is eh? Isnt he? a vagina? he is though!

Edited by Pans Jambo

Space Mackerel

Don't be silly now.

doctor jambo

True but Fluffy is a vagina though eh? He is eh? Isnt he? a vagina? he is though!

yes, he certainly is.

There is no doubt he is a front bottom.

However the prize goes to Shona Robison who I received a letter from a few weeks ago.

She truly is the full perineum, from hole to hole

yes, he certainly is.

There is no doubt he is a front bottom.

However the prize goes to Shona Robison who I received a letter from a few weeks ago.

She truly is the full perineum, from hole to hole

Was the letter telling you to get off kickback and get on with treating patients, or was it telling you to stop pestering her as she only deals with medical professionals?

Jambo-Jimbo

Don't talk about my MP like that, he's a fine upstanding gentleman and an important and valued member of the community, who is always there for his constituents and works very very hard on their behalf.

::troll:::'>

jambo lodge

Ruth Davidson, the best politician in Scotland by a country mile at the moment. Mundell is my MP also..........not impressed.

HaymarketJambo

Ruth Davidson, the best politician in Scotland by a country mile at the moment. Mundell is my MP also..........not impressed.

If she is so brilliant why did she not win last years Holyrood Elections and has only one MP at Westminster?

jambo lodge

If she is so brilliant why did she not win last years Holyrood Elections and has only one MP at Westminster?

Eh, think Ruth is a politician not a political party. That said I think she is the only party leader in Scotland who is seeing growth in support of her party at the present time.

Space Mackerel

Eh, think Ruth is a politician not a political party. That said I think she is the only party leader in Scotland who is seeing growth in support of her party at the present time.

And even more Yoon nonsense. :rofl:

Can someone get the thread renamed please?

HaymarketJambo

Eh, think Ruth is a politician not a political party. That said I think she is the only party leader in Scotland who is seeing growth in support of her party at the present time.

In fairness the Conservative vote in Scotland had to go up at some point?

I might add that the SNP got more votes than Labour and the Conservatives put together at last year's elections.    

jambo lodge

Every political party has a cycle of success. The SNP have enjoyed success for a few years but the political reality of being useless in government is now beginning to show. Watch for a relentless attack on how they should be getting on with the day job instead of whinging about Westminster and indyref2.

HaymarketJambo

Every political party has a cycle of success. The SNP have enjoyed success for a few years but the political reality of being useless in government is now beginning to show. Watch for a relentless attack on how they should be getting on with the day job instead of whinging about Westminster and indyref2.

Sorry the SNP won last year's election after been in power for 9 year's so.

Talking of useless a government have the Conservatives not been talking Brexit all the time rather than getting on with the day job, have you seen the shambles in England.

Teresa May should thank her lucky stars she has Jeremy Corbyn in her pocket.      

jambos are go!

"Ms Sturgeon, in a BBC interview, agreed that another vote on independence was "all but inevitable".

The above direct quote from the BBC website covers the youtube link. When asked if another referendum was '' all but inevitable" she replied "YEH". Not nonsense to say that is what she said when pressed by Brian Taylor. Check it out.

Jambo-Jimbo

We do get some nice glossy newsletters from him, just got a new one the other day, haven't a clue what it was about, rip rip rip.

Trapper John McIntyre

"Ms Sturgeon, in a BBC interview, agreed that another vote on independence was "all but inevitable".

The above direct quote from the BBC website covers the youtube link. When asked if another referendum was '' all but inevitable" she replied "YEH". Not nonsense to say that is what she said when pressed by Brian Taylor. Check it out.

She's hardly pressed by that fat, sycophantic tub of lard.

The capitulation of Scotland's news media to the SNP is a source of neverending shame.

Only Andrew Neil hits the rogues where it hurts.

AlphonseCapone

Increased so much at the last election they lost their overall majority at Holyrood

If that was meant to be a smart arse answer then you should read up on how the Scottish Parliament is set-up.

jambo lodge

If that was meant to be a smart arse answer then you should read up on how the Scottish Parliament is set-up.

Don't need to be smart arse when others are so good at it.......hint hint. The SNP vote is only going to go one way, what goes up must come down. 

AlphonseCapone

Don't need to be smart arse when others are so good at it.......hint hint. The SNP vote is only going to go one way, what goes up must come down.

Cool but your physics lesson doesn't change the fact that their vote still went up last time and they lost their majority because of the system.

Francis Albert

Cool but your physics lesson doesn't change the fact that their vote still went up last time and they lost their majority because of the system.

How did they lose their majority because of "the system"? Presumably it was the same system that was to blame for giving them their previous majority?

Think that's pretty disingenuous tbh. For one her party on share of the vote should have nearer 15 MPs than 1. But so is the way of the electoral system.

Equally, you cannot say a Tory leading her party to being the largest opposition party is not a success after being a poor third since 1999 at Holyrood

How did they lose their majority because of "the system"? Presumably it was the same system that was to blame for giving them their previous majority?

Yes. But the system balances votes in seats and regions. 8 MSPs in the Glasgow region by seats won by one party should mean 0 list MSPs regardless of the number of votes.

Constituency success cut list MSPs and therefore their majority.

However, Ruth making the Tories Scotland's opposition is an impressive achievement.

coconut doug

She said yes, it makes it "very likely". That is not the same as saying something is inevitable. It is exactly the same though as the statement given by Alec Salmond and makes your comment that they have downgraded the prospect of indy ref 2 as another clear example of misinformation.

Nicola did not use the phrase "inevitable" as you claimed and she did not use the phrase all but inevitable either. I expect you will now downgrade your claim that she did.

You are still trying to mislead. The direct quote from the BBC website, you mention is, as you know, not a quote from Nicola. It is their interpretation of events.

coconut doug

Yes. But the system balances votes in seats and regions. 8 MSPs in the Glasgow region by seats won by one party should mean 0 list MSPs regardless of the number of votes.

Constituency success cut list MSPs and therefore their majority.

However, Ruth making the Tories Scotland's opposition is an impressive achievement.

Winning constituency seats does not stop parties winning list seats. Parties with a very large support can win all constituency seats and a list seat as the SNP did.

Davidson not impressive at all. Using wrong figures at FMQs made her a laughing stock as does changing stance on indyref 2 and several other gaffes. The Tories are only in 2nd place (miles behind) because of the moral bankruptcy and breathtaking stupidity of the Labour Party. Some Labour supporters were dying to support them anyway and now they have the excuse.

She said yes, it makes it "very likely". That is not the same as saying something is inevitable. It is exactly the same though as the statement given by Alec Salmond and makes your comment that they have downgraded the prospect of indy ref 2 as another clear example of misinformation.

Nicola did not use the phrase "inevitable" as you claimed and she did not use the phrase all but inevitable either. I expect you will now downgrade your claim that she did.

You are still trying to mislead. The direct quote from the BBC website, you mention is, as you know, not a quote from Nicola. It is their interpretation of events.

The bbc have a nasty habit of political editing.

They have on more than a few occasions deliberately misreprrsented the snp.

Of whom im no fan.

Also actively went after corbyn.

Doesn't matter or seem to how much its pointed out.

[quote name="Trapper John McIntyre" post="5894533"

The capitulation of Scotland's news media to the SNP is a source of neverending shame.

Laughable statement.

Trapper John McIntyre

Laughable statement.

It is indeed laughable how much the SNP get away with from Taylor, Brewer and the BBC during their so called 'interviews', while the entire STV establishment which never breathes a critical word about them and sacks journalists at the request of people like Wishart and Nicholson who don't like what they say.

Oh, and here's another example of Civic nationalism from the Bishop of Bath, someone constantly quoted by SNP acolytes/cult members:

C6BiBlIWUAAq6Pd.jpg

AlphonseCapone

Of course it was the same system. I'm not going to get into an argument with you on something that is well established. Away and read up on the design of the system and stop arguing with folk like you know everything. It's tedious.

AlphonseCapone

It is indeed laughable how much the SNP get away with from Taylor, Brewer and the BBC during their so called 'interviews', while the entire STV establishment which never breathes a critical word about them and sacks journalists at the request of people like Wishart and Nicholson who don't like what they say.

Oh, and here's another example of Civic nationalism from the Bishop of Bath, someone constantly quoted by SNP acolytes/cult members:

C6BiBlIWUAAq6Pd.jpg

What a stupid thing to say. The tweet, not you for a change ;) Edited by AlphonseCapone

deesidejambo

C6BiBlIWUAAq6Pd.jpg

Scum thing to say. The scallies will enjoy it though.

She's hardly pressed by that fat, sycophantic tub of lard.

Only Andrew Neil hits the rogues where it hurts.

Really? The BBC are clean inside the anal cavity of everything British & Tory. Hardly capitulation if 1 reporter is actually doing his job.

jambo lodge

Really? The BBC are clean inside the anal cavity of everything British & Tory. Hardly capitulation if 1 reporter is actually doing his job.

You must be kidding, the BBC currently fall over backwards looking for the next comment about Indyref2 from the Blessed Nicola.  Since the last referendum and the resultant protests by Salmond and his cronies the BBC have been petrified of upsetting the cyber nats.

C6BiBlIWUAAq6Pd.jpg

Wings is a pretty vile person. His views on many things such as Hillsborough leave much to wonder about on his sanity.

Mandy Rhodes of the Holyrood magazine has been in a running spat with him over that tweet- well worth a read to show his low level - where he cannot see how wishing someone never have been born over his father's later in life homosexuality is not offensive but thinks Rhodes saying she wished people would avoid Wings in return for reading decent journalism is more offensive.

Man is a loon and it's people like him whodo serious damage to the cause of independence.

Rather than personal abuse and conspiracy theory people on that side should use rational argument and engage with all sides. Independence won't be won if the plan remains to be "attack yoons at any cost", "end London rule" and the demonisation of political opponents. Yoons, Labourites, Tories, Liberals and "soft-unionists" voting Yes is the key to winning independence.

Khan was right on one thing - nationalism is divisive in any form and in any place. Folk like Wings and certain politicians help stoke that view. Cannot wait - whatever happens - for the coming of a post-nationalism political culture in Scotland and/or the UK. Who cares if you're a civic nationalist or a devolutionist-unionist?!? What about schools, roads and the nations future? As ever, in such debates - here and at a UK level - it is a side issue to nationalism be it Brexit, Indy, United Ireland or a separate Wales.

Edited by JamboX2

Wings is a pretty vile person. His views on many things such as Hillsborough leave much to wonder about on his sanity.

Mandy Rhodes of the Holyrood magazine has been in a running spat with him over that tweet- well worth a read to show his low level - where he cannot see how wishing someone never have been born over his father's later in life homosexuality is not offensive but thinks Rhodes saying she wished people would avoid Wings in return for reading decent journalism is more offensive.

Man is a loon and it's people like him whodo serious damage to the cause of independence.

Rather than personal abuse and conspiracy theory people on that side should use rational argument and engage with all sides. Independence won't be won if the plan remains to be "attack yoons at any cost", "end London rule" and the demonisation of political opponents. Yoons, Labourites, Tories, Liberals and "soft-unionists" voting Yes is the key to winning independence.

Khan was right on one thing - nationalism is divisive in any form and in any place. Folk like Wings and certain politicians help stoke that view. Cannot wait - whatever happens - for the coming of a post-nationalism political culture in Scotland and/or the UK. Who cares if you're a civic nationalist or a devolutionist-unionist?!? What about schools, roads and the nations future? As ever, in such debates - here and at a UK level - it is a side issue to nationalism be it Brexit, Indy, United Ireland or a separate Wales.

Of course there are always views expressed that are extreme.

But to say that schools roads and a nations future are not the things that people are concerned by because they voted brexit or independence is wrong.

It is exactly these things that concerns voters for brexit or independence.

I am not a flag waver but to say that the uk will suffer because of brexit is flying in the face of whats happening.

And as for independence i keep reading on here about red herrings such as currency.

I also keep reading red herrings about trade suddenly disappeaeing after independence and from indy voters about brexit the same thing.

But to say that schools roads and a nations future are not the things that people are concerned by because they voted brexit or independence is wrong.

I am not a flag waver but to say that the uk will suffer because of brexit is flying in the face of whats happening.

And as for independence i keep reading on here about red herrings such as currency.

I also keep reading red herrings about trade suddenly disappeaeing after independence and from indy voters about brexit the same thing.

There is always Scotland's Oil to fall back on as the SNP like to say.

An Indyref2 vote will damage Scotland's economy and cause great concern to the markets during Brexit negotiations. The SNP couldn't pick a worse time if they tried.

I'm notbsaying ordinary punters aren't concerned by that. They are.

The issue is that politiciansbare focusing on a phoney war. Take the Scottish Labour leader speech - indy mentioned 30 times. Boring tbh. She should've been attacking the shelving of a controversial edication bill from the government (both due to local elections and due to brexit/indy talk).

Here's the simple truth - Brexit is being cack handedly handled. All powers returning should be devolved unless there's solid reasons not to. Independence should be dealt with later if needed to be. Not now.

The fact is politicians are neglecting health, education, social security and care services to the benefit of nationalism. No one really wins there.

jambos are go!

In his piece on May speech on Friday on STV Bernard Ponsonby could not have been more partial towards the independence cause in his summation. Said that in his opinion May was revisiting arguements from the past. Partial indeed. Should be on the STV Player if you want to see for yourself.

You must be kidding, the BBC currently fall over backwards looking for the next comment about Indyref2 from the Blessed Nicola. Since the last referendum and the resultant protests by Salmond and his cronies the BBC have been petrified of upsetting the cyber nats.

Not listening to John Beattie's lunchtime news show on BBC Radio Scotland then?

There is always Scotland's Oil to fall back on as the SNP like to say.

An Indyref2 vote will damage Scotland's economy and cause great concern to the markets during Brexit negotiations. The SNP couldn't pick a worse time if they tried.

Yeah coz Brexit isnt making any markets nervous? Sterling is on its arse exactly because the loony yoons right wing love in with far right UKIP & the Tory back benchers.

Timing is perfect. Just a wee while longer until we find out the real fall-out from Brexit THEN we kiss goodbye to this false union forever. Tick feckin Tock!