Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

Arnold Rothstein

Are you still struggling with the dictionary definition of hypocrisy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

You mean like wanting desperately to remain part of one union but exit another? 

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really, why?

Seem unrelated to me.

If you believe Scotland should be sovereign then you must surely think that its needs differ from the rest of the U.K., namely independence from The U.K. So that Scotland can be sovereign.

And if you believe Scotland should be sovereign, one would imagine that you believe this because it is in the best interests of Scotland.

Space Mackerel

You mean like wanting desperately to remain part of one union but exit another?

I'm pro EU because I don't see the sense in taking yourself out a market of 500 million people.

You see, in my line of work, I could if I wanted too bid on government contracts all across Europe. Now that's ****ed.

Unless its former colonies going for it?

Difference is we are not a colony. We are a fully integrated part of the UK. We done the colonising.

Independence for Scotland should not be viewed in the same way as Kenyan independence (for example).

Space Mackerel

Difference is we are not a colony. We are a fully integrated part of the UK. We done the colonising.

Independence for Scotland should not be viewed in the same way as Kenyan independence (for example).

You clearly don't know how Scotland and England became a Union.

If you believe 1, then surely 2 & 3 are natural extensions?

Don't agree. All can be linked but are pretty standalone.

Should Scotland be a sovereign state? Perhaps. Does that mean it is in its best interests or because the needs of the people differ from neighbouring states? Not necessarily.

You clearly don't know how Scotland and England became a Union.

Were we colonised?

If you think we were colonised like the Carribean or the African colonies I suggest you're barking mad.

The Scottish political classes agreed and pushed for a union of crowns. 100 years later and after much wrangling and tooing a froing the same political class voted to create a new nation in its own parliament.

Space Mackerel

Should Scotland be a sovereign state? Perhaps. Does that mean it is in its best interests or because the needs of the people differ from neighbouring states? Not necessarily.

Scotland was a separate sovereign state until the Act of the Union.

Space Mackerel

Were we colonised?

If you think we were colonised like the Carribean or the African colonies I suggest you're barking mad.

The Scottish political classes agreed and pushed for a union of crowns. 100 years later and after much wrangling and tooing a froing the same political class voted to create a new nation in its own parliament.

Some Sunday night reading for you. It may be WoS but is all factually correct.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/weekend-essay-skintland-britnat-mythology-and-the-darien-scheme/#more-16328

Arnold Rothstein

I'm pro EU because I don't see the sense in taking yourself out a market of 500 million people.

You see, in my line of work, I could if I wanted too bid on government contracts all across Europe. Now that's ****ed.

So what was your stance in 2014 when it appeared (wrongly) that a vote to remain part of the UK was a safer bet for staying in the EU?

Space Mackerel

So what was your stance in 2014 when it appeared (wrongly) that a vote to remain part of the UK was a safer bet for staying in the EU?

Scotland would've gained EU membership in due course, no worries about that.

Arnold Rothstein

http://wingsoverscotland.com/weekend-essay-skintland-britnat-mythology-and-the-darien-scheme/#more-16328

That's quite the oxymoron.

You really can't have a go at people posting links to MSM while offering up WOS as some sort of balanced view of the world.

Space Mackerel

That's quite the oxymoron.

You really can't have a go at people posting links to MSM while offering up WOS as some sort of balanced view of the world.

Why don't you read the article and learn a bit about your country's history.

Arnold Rothstein

Scotland would've gained EU membership in due course, no worries about that.

Hypothetically then, say it doesn't. What's your stance?

Arnold Rothstein

Why don't you read the article and learn a bit about your country's history.

Why does it matter? It's really of little consequence to me now tbh.

Space Mackerel

Hypothetically then, say it doesn't. What's your stance?

Whats the point being hypothetical when most EU leaders and politicians are saying an independent Scotland would jump the queue now.

Space Mackerel

Why does it matter? It's really of little consequence to me now tbh.

Don't read it then and become that little bit more ignorant and uneducated. Your choice.

Arnold Rothstein

Whats the point being hypothetical when most EU leaders and politicians are saying an independent Scotland would jump the queue now.

Most? I'm sure you'll have a source for over 50% of EU leaders and politicians saying Scotland would jump the queue?

Arnold Rothstein

Don't read it then and become that little bit more ignorant and uneducated. Your choice.

No worries, I'll still be way out in front of you in the intellect stakes Brains.

Space Mackerel

Most? I'm sure you'll have a source for over 50% of EU leaders and politicians saying Scotland would jump the queue?

There isn't a queue as such but you knew that.

Scotland would be back in the EU at the flick of the fingers.

Arnold Rothstein

There isn't a queue as such but you knew that.

Scotland would be back in the EU at the flick of the fingers.

Is that a no?

Space Mackerel

No worries, I'll still be way out in front of you in the intellect stakes Brains.

Behave yourself ya daft wee laddie.

Think I'll stick with Tam Devine when it comes to Scottish history over the good Reverand of Bath.

Arnold Rothstein

I'll reply to this but hopefully others will just laugh at your astounding stupidity demonstrated with this post.

Oi Space Cakes. Where's the reply? I'm on the edge of my seat here.

Space Mackerel

Think I'll stick with Tam Devine when it comes to Scottish history over the good Reverand of Bath.

Author of article was Scott Minto.

Arnold Rothstein

Behave yourself ya daft wee laddie.

Mate, I'm only basing that on the evidence presented. You might not be thick, its just really hard to tell when you continually post such drivel.

Space Mackerel

Mate, I'm only basing that on the evidence presented. You might not be thick, its just really hard to tell when you continually post such drivel.

Drivel? [emoji23] Every Yoon post on here is exactly that.

An almost copy and paste from the Daily Express or Mail FFS.

Arnold Rothstein

Drivel? [emoji23] Every Yoon post on here is exactly that.

An almost copy and paste from the Daily Express or Mail FFS.

Keep up the "Yoon" patter btw, it's going down a storm.

Space Mackerel

Keep up the "Yoon" patter btw, it's going down a storm.

Don't worry, I will. :)

Read that article yet and field a comment on it? Or just going to get into pointless slanging match.

Go on, do it, get yourself some Scottish history education, for free too.

Arnold Rothstein

Read that article yet and field a comment on it? Or just going to get into pointless slanging match.

I'm a very busy and important person so don't have time to wade through it. Could you possibly give me an abridged summary?

Space Mackerel

I'm a very busy and important person so don't have time to wade through it. Could you possibly give me an abridged summary?

Obviously you are, my apologies.

Bit I'm sure you can click the link and have enough time to read at break times in Burger King?

Arnold Rothstein

Obviously you are, my apologies.

Bit I'm sure you can click the link and have enough time to read at break times in Burger King?

We can't all be pitching for high level contracts across the EU earning more in a week than the rest of us earn in a month Spacey.

Space Mackerel

We can't all be pitching for high level contracts across the EU earning more in a week than the rest of us earn in a month Spacey.

You're bangs to right there my wee pal.

Education is the key to success, but you don't want to read up and learn.

Arnold Rothstein

You're bangs to right there my wee pal.

Education is the key to success, but you don't want to read up and learn.

If you get your education and learnings from WOS then more fool you.

Also, wtf does "bangs to right" mean?

Edited by Arnold Rothstein

Space Mackerel

If you get your education and learnings from WOS then more fool you.

Also, wtf does "bangs to right" mean?

And there you have it, someone asking what something means whilst calling him uneducated in the same post.

And there you have it, someone asking what something means whilst calling him uneducated in the same post.

Perhaps because the phrase is "bang to rights" not "bangs to right"?

Think these statements say it all.

Walter Mitty, right enough.

A good friend who is on the board of a an oil company actually. Was chatting with him on Friday night for half an hour or so.

Does he call you "Walter" or "Mr Mitty"?

:gok:

:gok:  :gok:  :gok:  :spoton:

Yes, the points can stand alone, however my point was that if your starting point is that you believe that Scotland should be sovereign, then surely that means you think it is in the best interests of the country and as such there is need within to be sovereign, so therefore a differing of opinion from a neighbouring country?

I'll humour you - its a one sided article displaying an astonishing amount of writer bias, with no counter view from the other side.

ie- its not worth reading as a stand-alone

Written by Nationalists, for Nationalists, and its fine in that context

Unfortunately the Labour/Tory love in in East Lothian will largely ignore this.

And so they should

Its based on "bringing forward " funding- ie borrowing from future budgets, using "reserves" ie the councils rainy day funds, and all to avoid increasing council tax.

ie dont increase the money available to pay for all these actually good ideas- just borrow it instead

80% of our trade is within the UK and you would give that up in the hope, despite you prattling on about being accepted nae problem for a small market despite its population size.

more sound economics from the separatists

80% of our trade is within the UK and you would give that up in the hope, despite you prattling on about being accepted nae problem for a small market despite its population size.

more sound economics from the separatists

Why would our trade with rUK immediately stop if Scotland were to become independent and part of the EU?

Summary- darian failed because the English crooked it

Why would our trade with rUK immediately stop if Scotland were to become independent and part of the EU?

Likewise, why would we immediately never be able to sell to those 500m potential EU customers if not in the EU? Better keeping the people we actually DO sell stuff to currently than go for the potential sales and compete with every other member of the EU for business.

Likewise, why would we immediately never be able to sell to those 500m potential EU customers if not in the EU? Better keeping the people we actually DO sell stuff to currently than go for the potential sales and compete with every other member of the EU for business.

I don't understand why we don't strike a trade deal with the Russians.

there is loads they would buy off us- financial services, oil and gas skills, pharma, cars

and very little we would buy off them

sounds perfect!

and why would our trade with the 500 mil stop, which is what spaced oot was implying, and is the reason he's pro EU.

the fact that our biggest market is the UK and not the EU would make it more logical to remain in the UK, unfortunately theres never been anything logical about the separatist movement, its all bluster and flag waving.

being out of the EU would also open up a worldwide market without imposed EU restrictions.

Edited by reaths17