Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

Roxy Hearts
11 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

If you want to talk about a party getting an easy time of it, you can start with the SNP. 

Eh? Nearly all the media is against them!

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pans Jambo
13 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

If you want to talk about a party getting an easy time of it, you can start with the SNP. 

BBC

ITV

SKY

Daily Mail

Mirror

Scotsman

Daily Record

Etc...

Roxy Hearts
6 minutes ago, Doogz said:

So you care about the economic numbers now .... it's getting really difficult to keep track.

Are you currently interested in the SNP Growth Commissions view on the likely future of the economy in Scotland or not?

I'm only responding to your posts about the economy. I will take independence as it's my belief we can improve our country and have a fairer society. Do you honestly think we couldn't run our own economy? 

Phil Dunphy
8 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Eh? Nearly all the media is against them!

Good. Because they are making a ****ing mess of running this country. 

Phil Dunphy
9 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

This is aw pish. 

I want a Scottish parliment democraticaly elected by the people of Scotland to run the entire country to look after its own affairs & decide whats best for & by itself. 

I dont want another country telling us what to do & making our choices.

simples. 

Then where do you stand on Scotland’s place in the EU?

Roxy Hearts
3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Compared to whom?

Pans Jambo

Then where do you stand on Scotland’s place in the EU?

I stand with whatever the majority votes for in the Scottish referendum on joining the EU AFTER we secure independence from the Tory country. 

In any case (even now) the EU Doesnt run the UK. 

Pans Jambo
On 29/11/2016 at 09:40, Boris said:

What are the alternatives?

The Tories?  No thanks.

Labour? Really?

Lib Dems?  See above.

Greens?  Probably not.

Unfortunately it would seem that Scottish Politics is in the doldrums.

You left out UKIP...oh wait!!!

Space Mackerel
10 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Hows Brexit going mate?

Phil Dunphy
5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Compared to whom?

I don’t need to compare them to a previous government to know what a shite job they’re doing. 

Look at the state of Edinburghs roads for a start. And there’s a serious lack of teachers in Scotland. 

Thats before you look at their own broken promises. Remember when they were going to abolish council tax?

Phil Dunphy
5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I stand with whatever the majority votes for in the Scottish referendum on joining the EU AFTER we secure independence from the Tory country. 

In any case (even now) the EU Doesnt run the UK. 

But not with the majority who rejected Indy?

27 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Both parties are guilty of pushing one agenda. 

Which is why I will never vote for the SNP. Because they use everything in this country as a reason to push another divisive referendum on the country, just because they didn’t like the result of the last one. Oh, something good’s happening in Scotland? See what we can achieve without Westminster?

Something’s going badly here? Oh, it’s Westminster’s fault. 

I’d respect them more if they were any good at admitting their failings as a party. 

I disagree.  

The SNP are at least governing - the electorate seems to think they are representing their will given their continued support in elections and subsequent polls.  I don't disagree that admission of failings would be a good thing - humility in a politician is quite refreshing!

Rightly, the SNP will be criticised for their handling of government by the opposition, that's politics, but the narrative that the SNP is simply hell bent on referendum and indy and not doing anything else is, imo, wrong.

For the record I didn't vote SNP at the last Holyrood elections.

On a UK scale, the Tories are shambolic, are ruining the country and about to wreck it further, again imo.  So voting for them up here, in an electoral flick of the vics to the SNP, is cutting ones nose off to spite ones face.  Thus, to suggest that it is overall Tory policy that has rejuvenated that party's fortune up here simply doesn't wash.  Again, imo.

Phil Dunphy
4 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Hows Brexit going mate?

What’s your take on the Ryan Edwards signing mate?

I don’t need to compare them to a previous government to know what a shite job they’re doing. 

Look at the state of Edinburghs roads for a start. And there’s a serious lack of teachers in Scotland. 

Thats before you look at their own broken promises. Remember when they were going to abolish council tax?

Isn't that a local authority issue?

Space Mackerel

Edinburgh Council is responsible for pot holes in the city mate. 

Theres massive teacher shortages inEngland Wales and NI too. 

Roxy Hearts
2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

The roads are crap. Education for my kids and family have been great. I have had cancer and the staff were suberb. 

You'd think Scotland was a wasteland the way the naesayers go on. 

Space Mackerel
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

What’s your take on the Ryan Edwards signing mate?

I don’t discuss HMFC on here, got plenty real life mates for that. 

Phil Dunphy
Just now, Boris said:

Isn't that a local authority issue?

Unless I’ve not been paying much attention, isn’t Edinburgh Council run by an SNP and Labour coalition?

12 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I'm only responding to your posts about the economy.

Oh, so you don't care about the economy again!

I will take independence as it's my belief we can improve our country and have a fairer society.

Your belief? Based on what? You've already dismissed the SNP White Paper and their Growth Commission report.

Do you honestly think we couldn't run our own economy? 

Of course we can - I just want to some analysis of what sort of economy we're likely to have.

A fairer society sounds great - a fairer society where we're all poorer, have worse public services, health care, education etc. not so much.

Can you at least understand that these are the reasons people are concerned about the economy?

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

The roads are crap. Education for my kids and family have been great. I have had cancer and the staff were suberb. 

You'd think Scotland was a wasteland the way the naesayers go on. 

I refer to my previous post the other day how everything is shite in Scotland through a Unionist lens. :)

Its the way they roll, it saves them from defending their own horrific time down South they are experiencing. 

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Unless I’ve not been paying much attention, isn’t Edinburgh Council run by an SNP and Labour coalition?

All these pot holes appeared just after the not so long ago Cooncil elections right enough :lol: 

Pans Jambo
8 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

But not with the majority who rejected Indy?

Naw. They were brainwashed, Stockholm syndrome, Daily Mail reading, Britnat arseholes. 

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

I don’t discuss HMFC on here, got plenty real life mates for that. 

You don’t discuss Hearts on the biggest Hearts related message board there is? :laugh:

It’s a bit of a shame none of your mates want to discuss politics with you. I feel a bit sorry for you now. 

Roxy Hearts
1 minute ago, Doogz said:

Oh, so you don't care about the economy again!

Your belief? Based on what? You've already dismissed the SNP White Paper and their Growth Commission report.

Of course we can - I just want to some analysis of what sort of economy we're likely to have.

A fairer society sounds great - a fairer society where we're all poorer, have worse public services, health care, education etc. not so much.

Can you at least understand that these are the reasons people are concerned about the economy?

Fairer meaning the government we vote for. Belief in people and businesses. Of course the economy is important but for goodness sake it's not like we are some sort of African state! 

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Naw. They were brainwashed, Stockholm syndrome, Daily Mail reading, Britnat arseholes. 

I’m going to stop this right here, because I don’t think you understand just how hilarious that chat is. 

3 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

All these pot holes appeared just after the not so long ago Cooncil elections right enough :lol: 

So what is the SNP run council doing about the state of the roads? 

Or are they focusing on Gaelic road signs again?

Pans Jambo

I’m going to stop this right here, because I don’t think you understand just how hilarious that chat is. 

So what is the SNP run council doing about the state of the roads? 

Or are they focusing on Gaelic road signs again?

Sorry. Didnt know you were on your high horse today. I will leave you be mate. 

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Sorry. Didnt know you were on your high horse today. I will leave you be mate. 

Nothing to do with high horses, I just don’t respect people who only believe in democracy when they get their way. 

?

Pans Jambo
5 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Nothing to do with high horses, I just don’t respect people who only believe in democracy when they get their way. 

?

Democracy relies on a level playing field with fair & honest reporting of the facts. Transparancy And truth were somewhat lacking in both the Inependence referendum and the EU referendum. 

Of course any Daily Mail Tory voter will tell you I’m talking shite. 

Thunderstruck
47 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

This is aw pish. 

I want a Scottish parliment democraticaly elected by the people of Scotland to run the entire country to look after its own affairs & decide whats best for & by itself. 

I dont want another country telling us what to do & making our choices.

simples. 

Not even this bloke? 

5229088B-B1EC-42AE-B8CE-F03BCD14AD80.jpeg

Pans Jambo
2 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Not even this bloke? 

5229088B-B1EC-42AE-B8CE-F03BCD14AD80.jpeg

Not even this bloke what???

HaymarketJambo

A lot of people vote SNP that's why they are the biggest party by far in Scotland and that new poll today say's that, so get over it.     

Edited by HaymarketJambo

Pans Jambo

So exactly how much of British sovereignty is given away to Brussels as a percentage of the UK’s total powers? 

10% ??? Less???

How much powers as a percentage does Westminster retain over Scottish affairs? 

65% ??? More???

Anyone answer this without resorting to 1500 words of bullshit???

Folk jumping on the Brexit bandwagon can kiss these 6 things goodbye soon (& those not on the bandwagon but are getting swept along whether you like it or not):

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-what-has-european-union-done-for-us-david-cameron-brexit-a6850626.html

Edited by Pans Jambo

Thunderstruck
4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Not even this bloke what???

I think you will find that you said, and I quote, “I don’t want another country telling us what to do & making our choices”. 

I merely ask ask if you would mind if the chap whose picture I posted did exactly that. 

Tell you what, just file it in the “Too Difficult” tray.  

14 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Fairer meaning the government we vote for.

I think I've probably got around a 50% record in my lifetime of getting the Government I voted for -

If come independence and the majority of the Scotland excluding Edinburgh vote for the same party should Edinburgh start it's own independence movement because we're not getting the Government we vote for?

Belief in people and businesses.

Why do you have more belief in the people & business of Scotland compared to those of the UK?

Of course the economy is important but for goodness sake it's not like we are some sort of African state! 

No, but we need to look at the figures you keep dismissing to assess what the economy will likely be.

Pans Jambo
15 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

I think you will find that you said, and I quote, “I don’t want another country telling us what to do & making our choices”. 

I merely ask ask if you would mind if the chap whose picture I posted did exactly that. 

Tell you what, just file it in the “Too Difficult” tray.  

See my post above yours and have a crack at answering that. 

Or can I post that in the “More pish fi Thunderstruck” file???

Pans Jambo
12 minutes ago, Barack said:

That's Michel Barnier, mate.

Chief Negotiator for the EU, in Brexit talks.

Yeah, I know. 

I dont like it. 

Roxy Hearts
4 minutes ago, Doogz said:

I think I've probably got around a 50% record in my lifetime of getting the Government I voted for -

If come independence and the majority of the Scotland excluding Edinburgh vote for the same party should Edinburgh start it's own independence movement because we're not getting the Government we vote for?

Why do you have more belief in the people & business of Scotland compared to those of the UK?

No, but we need to look at the figures you keep dismissing to assess what the economy will likely be.

I can accept Scotland voting for the biggest party and governed by such if independent. We get the tories whom the majority in Scotland don't vote for.

Businesses in Scotland could deal directly with other countries for investment instead of WM vested interests. We could also have a second democratic chamber instead of Lords! 

You're cautious and that's understandable but Scotland does have wealthy people who believe in running our own affairs.

Governor Tarkin
4 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Aye theres a good few brainwashed, self interested, blinkered shitehawks in Scotland though....

Oi ?

Thunderstruck
Just now, Pans Jambo said:

See my post above yours and have a crack at answering that. 

Or can I post that in the “More pish fi Thunderstruck” file???

The U.K. has a different relationship with the EU than other member states. I thought that might be common knowledge but apparently not. 

Could you explain the logic of an independent Scotland being able to survive without some form of special relationship with the U.K. and the EU. 

Can you also confirm you understand that Scotland seeking its own admission to the EU would do so on the EU’s terms. 

And, please, none of the nonsense about we’ll worry about EU membership after we are independent. The independence pretext at the top of the list is “being dragged out of Europe against our wishes”.

Wouldn't it be ironic if parts of Scotland were dragged out of the U.K. against their wishes. 

Your entire independence plan is pie-in-the-sky. There is no credible economic plan, there is no magic money tree and it is pointless hoping that something will turn up just because we are Scotland. 

I have asked, on several occasions, about what will replace the 15% if industrial output that relies on the Royal Navy. I have yet to see a coherent response and certainly nothing that disputes that fact  - do you have an answer that is not in any way abusive? 

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Democracy relies on a level playing field with fair & honest reporting of the facts. Transparancy And truth were somewhat lacking in both the Inependence referendum and the EU referendum. 

Of course any Daily Mail Tory voter will tell you I’m talking shite. 

Right. And those people who the The National fanzine are well informed, are they?

The SNP based their last indy campaign on the White Paper, which was riddled with hopes and dreams, but very little factual basis.

Pans Jambo
40 minutes ago, Barack said:

Can I ask, out of curiosity, how old you are? 

Reason being; I can tell you're a passionate Yes, which is fair enough. Do you believe, truly, (not angry at the world believe) you'll see an independent Scotland in your lifetime? 

Cheers, in advance.

I do. I think the tides are truly turning. The next referendum will be a lot different to the last one in how its ran and what the arguments will be. 

Folk will have had enough of the Westminster programme of wealth creation for only the wealthy wheras the rest of us get austerity, bank closures and NHS privatisation. 

48 years young this year. 

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, HaymarketJambo said:

A lot of people vote SNP that's why they are the biggest party by far in Scotland and that new poll today say's that, so get over it.     

Right :laugh:

By your own logic, all the Tory haters in Scotland should get over the fact we have a Conservative government. Cheers.

Pans Jambo
7 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Right. And those people who the The National fanzine are well informed, are they?

The SNP based their last indy campaign on the White Paper, which was riddled with hopes and dreams, but very little factual basis.

See. Youve tripped up again. 

I dont read the National and its only one of perhaps 2 or 3 in total that supports Indy. The rest are owned and ran by corporations that have vested interests in the Tory party (or rather, the other way about). The white paper may have been aspirational but it was a lot more than the other side had. Where was their vision for the UK’s future? EVEL the very next morning! It was a GIRUY moment from Cameron on breakfast TV. 

Independence is not in the ownership of the SNP however; I concede that it may be the vehicle that gets us there. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

HaymarketJambo

Right :laugh:

By your own logic, all the Tory haters in Scotland should get over the fact we have a Conservative government. Cheers.

I'm not a Tory hater, I think the Conservatives are great for the Scottish Independence cause,  so thank you.

1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I can accept Scotland voting for the biggest party and governed by such if independent. We get the tories whom the majority in Scotland don't vote for.

So again that comes down to the way you value national identity / geography differently from me. Not a critisism - just an observation.

Businesses in Scotland could deal directly with other countries for investment instead of WM vested interests.

I'm not aware of any examples where WM is preventing Scottish business - other than the possible Brexit fallout but we're still to find out what that will entail.

We could also have a second democratic chamber instead of Lords! 

I'm not sure the cost vs benefit of a 2nd chamber in either Scotland or the UK makes it worthwhile.

You're cautious and that's understandable but Scotland does have wealthy people who believe in running our own affairs.

Well at least we can agree on this - although I still struggle to understand your lack of caution.

Phil Dunphy
21 minutes ago, HaymarketJambo said:

I'm not a Tory hater, I think the Conservatives are great for the Scottish Independence cause,  so thank you.

There is no cause. You’re not getting another referendum. 

Because our democratically elected government won’t agree to one ?

Phil Dunphy
40 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

See. Youve tripped up again. 

I dont read the National and its only one of perhaps 2 or 3 in total that supports Indy. The rest are owned and ran by corporations that have vested interests in the Tory party (or rather, the other way about). The white paper may have been aspirational but it was a lot more than the other side had. Where was their vision for the UK’s future? EVEL the very next morning! It was a GIRUY moment from Cameron on breakfast TV. 

Independence is not in the ownership of the SNP however; I concede that it may be the vehicle that gets us there. 

Tripped myself up :laugh:

Bit laughable you think that the other side from you were all brainwashed while you’re on the side of the free thinker. You need to grow up a bit mate. 

Space Mackerel
43 minutes ago, HaymarketJambo said:

I have never been so glad to see these 12 Tory MP's returned from Scottish votes, pretty much cemented an Indy 2 victory for us. :)

The Dirty Dozen should be applauded.  

Edited by Space Mackerel