Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

6 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Decent pay rise for the NHS staff though, that might entice people from down South to come up here and improve public services? 

Cost of living is cheaper up here so win win for them? 

Interesting question that needs answered. Without independence or immigration legislation devolved to Scotland, we could entice people from rUk to come to Scotland and make it their home. They would be highly likely to speak the same language, have the same attitudes etc. We keep hearing that Scotland is so much better than the rest of the UK - free prescriptions, tuition etc. Why don't we just encourage more English people to come North and settle here?

Is it because an English person wouldn't necessarily vote for independence whereas the SNP can encourage an immigrant fleeing true oppression to vote for them?

If we can't convince people in rUK to move up here when there are few barriers, how do we expect to get 500k people from the rest of the world to move here and not just move down to rUk once they arrive? 

We have the powers right now to increase the population of our country but aren't doing it because it would kill the chances of independence. 

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Hasselhoff said:

Interesting question that needs answered. Without independence or immigration legislation devolved to Scotland, we could entice people from rUk to come to Scotland and make it their home. They would be highly likely to speak the same language, have the same attitudes etc. We keep hearing that Scotland is so much better than the rest of the UK - free prescriptions, tuition etc. Why don't we just encourage more English people to come North and settle here?

Is it because an English person wouldn't necessarily vote for independence whereas the SNP can encourage an immigrant fleeing true oppression to vote for them?

If we can't convince people in rUK to move up here when there are few barriers, how do we expect to get 500k people from the rest of the world to move here and not just move down to rUk once they arrive? 

We have the powers right now to increase the population of our country but aren't doing it because it would kill the chances of independence. 

How would you like the Scottish government to convince English people to move to Scotland?

Maybe a billboard ad or two?

You do know its not just as simple as upping sticks and moving, there's a lot more to peoples lives than simply walking away from what they got to move to another country . 

but maybe, just maybe we will see a rise in numbers with the benefits that we have and now the wage increase for NHS staff.

As Labours George Foulkes  says when criticizing  the SNP, The are making Scotland a better place.... and they are doing it deliberately...

7 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Same thing happens in England with regards to higher earners and tax? You sure? I thought the SG never passed on the tax codes that Westminster passed down South? 

https://inews.co.uk/news/scotland/scotland-income-tax-rates-different-from-england/

Quite sure thanks! Higher earners still pay more than lower earners down South - they still have different tax rates for different income levels.

Hell, even if they had a single tax rate the higher earners would still contribute more - are you sure you got higher "mafs"? ?

7 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

I ended up doing O grades and Highers because I went to school. 

Ah so you've changed it from "O levels" to "O grades" - that makes more sense at least. Still surprising to see you make such a mistake about your own qualifications although I'm sure Westminster, the Tories or BBC are somehow to blame. ?

18 minutes ago, jumpship said:

How would you like the Scottish government to convince English people to move to Scotland?

Maybe a billboard ad or two?

You do know its not just as simple as upping sticks and moving, there's a lot more to peoples lives than simply walking away from what they got to move to another country . 

but maybe, just maybe we will see a rise in numbers with the benefits that we have and now the wage increase for NHS staff.

As Labours George Foulkes  says when criticizing  the SNP, The are making Scotland a better place.... and they are doing it deliberately...

If we are as good as they make out we are, we shouldn't need to do much convincing. When people come to the UK, why don't the majority come up to Scotland? They have the whole UK to choose from. 

Do you have a link to George Foulkes saying those words? It would be entirely fair to say the SNP are supporting short term unaffordable bribes to try and get over the Indy finishing line which I imagine that he is probably meaning

51 minutes ago, Hasselhoff said:

If we are as good as they make out we are, we shouldn't need to do much convincing. When people come to the UK, why don't the majority come up to Scotland? They have the whole UK to choose from. 

Do you have a link to George Foulkes saying those words? It would be entirely fair to say the SNP are supporting short term unaffordable bribes to try and get over the Indy finishing line which I imagine that he is probably meaning

:conspiracy:

manaliveits105

Krankie showboating with the NHS lower paid and lets spend millions on nurseries - didnt mention how really - aw aye you will all pay more tax - and by the way I lied about once in a generation thingy 

fortunately she will not fool the majority .

4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Krankie showboating with the NHS lower paid and lets spend millions on nurseries - didnt mention how really - aw aye you will all pay more tax - and by the way I lied about once in a generation thingy 

fortunately she will not fool the majority .

:cornette::cornette::cornette:

and i I didn't vote SNP!

Governor Tarkin

Your reply doesn't make any sense, mate.

Not even a whiff of whataboutery in my post, and no idea what your 'old firm' jibe and wee whistley smiley are all about.

:(

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, jumpship said:

You cant beat a good bit of whataboutery to ease the conscience.

Old firm fans are very good at that as well. :whistling:

See my reply above, mate.

Quote function not working properly due to poor internetz connection. 

35 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Did you read the article? The link is tenuous at best. Conservative Debating Forum is the title of the Facebook group and the Tory MPs and councillors haven't posted any of the racist stuff. This is no worse than Corbyn being part of duty Facebook groups or Sturgeon retweeting tweets from dodgy cyber Nats. 

manaliveits105

Tories bad didn’t work for the brigadoon brigade in Indy 1 or the last election yet the Krankies have learnt nothing

36 minutes ago, Hasselhoff said:

Did you read the article? The link is tenuous at best. Conservative Debating Forum is the title of the Facebook group and the Tory MPs and councillors haven't posted any of the racist stuff. This is no worse than Corbyn being part of duty Facebook groups or Sturgeon retweeting tweets from dodgy cyber Nats. 

Smoke

Fire

jambo lodge

What an embarrassment the SNP MPs are at Westminster. A planned walk out at Prime Minister's questions, a shitty little party with small minded people leading it. If only they  would grow up more people might take them seriously. 

Horatio Caine

I'm no great fan of the SNP but I do think the UK Government has treated Scotland with disdain and disrespect.  We've been s**t on from a great height.  And don't get me started on Bercow...

Roxy Hearts
10 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

What an embarrassment the SNP MPs are at Westminster. A planned walk out at Prime Minister's questions, a shitty little party with small minded people leading it. If only they  would grow up more people might take them seriously. 

Westminster riding roughshod over devolution doesn't help. Undemocratic place. Well done to them as nobody else is standing up for Scotland. 

Trapper John McIntyre

SNP as usual making absolute ****'s of themselves, while claiming to speak for the people of Scotland. 

What an embarassment. Love how Bercow dealt with the fat fool Blackford. 

Roxy Hearts
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I fear for people who buy this bullshit line that the walkout wasn’t pre-planned. 

Do you think Scotland is being respected during the brexit process? Who can you trust on devolution? 

Adam Murray

Found on the SNP benches after the walkout.

I'm loving the fact that in points 4 and 5 they had to be told to be 'outraged and disappointed'

35210648_1972228336169480_704945231539208192_o.jpg

Edited by Adam Murray

Trapper John McIntyre
4 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Do you think Scotland is being respected during the brexit process? Who can you trust on devolution? 

Certainly not the SNP.

They didnt even want devolution originally. Now they pick and choose which parts of it suits them best to greet outrage and grievance based on their agenda of the day.

SNP: The parcel of rogues of a nation.

Roxy Hearts
Just now, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Certainly not the SNP.

They didnt even want devolution originally. Now they pick and choose which parts of it suits them best to greet outrage and grievance based on their agenda of the day.

SNP: The parcel of rogues of a nation.

Who then? 

Trapper John McIntyre
Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

Who then? 

I'd be happy now to close down Holyrood. Its been a disaster for Scotland.

Trapper John McIntyre

The Speaker confirmed that the SNP's PMQs walkout meant their SO24 application couldn't be moved and it was too late for other Scottish MPs to lodge one. That meant no chance for a debate on the impact of Brexit Bill on Scotland.

The SNP: Standing up for Scotland.

Space Mackerel

The end of the Union is nigh, last night was the final nail in the coffin.

It is a definite Yes now, just a matter of time, 2-3 years max.

Good on the SNP for standing up and showing what a mockery this "Mother of all Parliaments" is. Its old, slow, archaic and not fit for purpose in the 21st century.

Trapper John McIntyre

Ian Blackford consults with an expert over the SNP's next Westminster stunt.

Dfk7i7RVQAQu1d5.jpg

jambo lodge
34 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Westminster riding roughshod over devolution doesn't help. Undemocratic place. Well done to them as nobody else is standing up for Scotland. 

If they hadn't walked out the Speaker was going to grant them a debate over the issue raised. Pathetic gesture politics. 

jambo lodge
9 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

The end of the Union is nigh, last night was the final nail in the coffin.

It is a definite Yes now, just a matter of time, 2-3 years max.

Good on the SNP for standing up and showing what a mockery this "Mother of all Parliaments" is. Its old, slow, archaic and not fit for purpose in the 21st century.

Unlike the SNP Conference which cant even debate its own Growth Commission report. There is no real democracy in the SNP, the leaders word ( and that of her husbands ) is final and must be obeyed.

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

Unlike the SNP Conference which cant even debate its own Growth Commission report. There is no real democracy in the SNP, the leaders word ( and that of her husbands ) is final and must be obeyed.

Dinnae greet Lodgey, its all over. You know it. You know it fine well now.

Phil Dunphy

Space Mackerel in another desperate attempt to convince himself that his dream isn’t dead in the water. 

:laugh:

Space Mackerel
13 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Space Mackerel in another desperate attempt to convince himself that his dream isn’t dead in the water. 

:laugh:

Dead in the water? :lol:

48% last poll and I bet its even higher. Even more so after last nights debacle. Out with my mate last night, Scouser who moved up here 12 years ago. He's a converted Yes supporter now. :)

If today proved anything it is that politics is being run by a bunch of ****ing idiots. That was the most childish, cringe inducing nonsense to have ever spewed out from these so called leaders. 

From Bercew constantly yelling "order" like a ****ing Roman gladiatorial announcer, Theresa May and her tory party laughing like this whole situation is somehow funny and SNP MPS acting like a bunch a children who have had their lollies stolen. 

I dread for this country. Everyone is so consumed by their own agendas to realise that the everyone of thwy polititions are the same. I don't give a shit if they are waving SNP flags or Tory flags.  They each have their own ****ing agendas and.and . something to gain and by behaving the way they did flings shite in the face of every electorate in the country. 

They have ****ed brexit

**** them

Edited by AlimOzturk

Phil Dunphy
10 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Dead in the water? :lol:

48% last poll and I bet its even higher. Even more so after last nights debacle. Out with my mate last night, Scouser who moved up here 12 years ago. He's a converted Yes supporter now. :)

I didn’t take part in any poll. Neither did any of my family or my other half’s family. All ardent No supporters. 

The last referendum had all kinds of poll results in the run up to the big day. They mean **** all. And you know that. 

And no-one gives a **** about your imaginary pals :thumbsup:

Space Mackerel
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

I didn’t take part in any poll. Neither did any of my family or my other half’s family. All ardent No supporters. 

The last referendum had all kinds of poll results in the run up to the big day. They mean **** all. And you know that. 

And no-one gives a **** about your imaginary pals :thumbsup:

Terrible amount of swearing, are you rattled? :)

Tickety, tickety tock. Dinnae greet. 

Phil Dunphy
Just now, Space Mackerel said:

Terrible amount of swearing, are you rattled? :)

Tickety, tickety tock. Dinnae greet. 

Don’t know why I’d be greeting. My side won. 

:jjyay:

Space Mackerel
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Don’t know why I’d be greeting. My side won. 

:jjyay:

Only halftime in the cup final and we have unlimited penalty kicks.

Phil Dunphy
2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Only halftime in the cup final and we have unlimited penalty kicks.

You still never answered why none of your imaginary pals want to talk to you about politics. 

:)

Regardless of your position.

Last nights “debate” where 1 tory MP spoke for 19 minutes before the vote in which ZERO Scottish MP’s (of any colour) could even offer a point of view shows just how much the Westminster parliment hold Scotland in utter contempt. 

Then Labour abstains...again! Zero Loyalty to Scotland at all. 

Phil Dunphy
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I don’t even understand why they walked out. What exactly were they asking for?

Attention. 

...a bit disco

Interesting that the SNP membership has jumped by nearly 1,000 since this afternoons archaic pantomime.

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

Interesting that the SNP membership has jumped by nearly 1,000 since this afternoons archaic pantomime.

Their stunt definitely worked. 

But it it was cripplingly embarrassing to see. They really know how to play a grievance. 

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Their stunt definitely worked. 

But it it was cripplingly embarrassing to see. They really know how to play a grievance. 

Staged or not, it done the job nicely.