Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

Roxy Hearts
38 minutes ago, Hasselhoff said:

I see it as totally the opposite. SNP claim any good news is down to their stewardship of Scotland and anything bad is Westminster's fault. 

Most of the changes recommended in the growth commission can be implemented without being independent. We should focus on them. 

Andrew Wilson seems to be operating in an echo chamber regarding this report. Kevin Hague has tweeted him directly with questions he would like answered. Why can't the guy that wrote the report over several years confidently respond to someone who has only a few weeks to take it all in?

https://mobile.twitter.com/kevverage/status/1003590885748207621

25 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

But that is exactly the same as the SNP, when it goes well for Scotland they claim credit and when it doesn’t they blame Westminster.  That is the very essence of politics.

Would you guys give the SNP credit for anything? They must have done some things right. I agree they've taken some credit but they get it tight all over the place. 

Who's Kevin Hague? 

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hasselhoff
17 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Would you guys give the SNP credit for anything? They must have done some things right. I agree they've taken some credit but they get it tight all over the place. 

Who's Kevin Hague? 

Cmon, you nationalists pride yourself in doing your own research. Try going back a page or two on here or Google. Doesn't matter *who* he is, more what he is saying regarding the growth commission. 

Pans Jambo
5 hours ago, Doogz said:

The low tax already mentioned is the biggest reason as was already explained.

If you have a look at the historic GDP figures for Ireland you can clearly see the impact of the lower tax policy started in 1987

ireland-gdp.png?s=wgdpirel&v=20180418144

What do you think "the real answer" is ?

Real answer is decades of Westminster financial mismanagement along with what I suspect are outright blatant lies to the real GDP of our country. Things like whisky being exported/taxed from London & god knows what else. 

We will soon find out anyway when we get control of the books after the YES vote. 

I'm still pishing myself laughing at this "Growth" Commission Report. What on earth was she thinking of ? :laugh:

Hasselhoff
36 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Real answer is decades of Westminster financial mismanagement along with what I suspect are outright blatant lies to the real GDP of our country. Things like whisky being exported/taxed from London & god knows what else. 

We will soon find out anyway when we get control of the books after the YES vote. 

Scottish government acknowledge the whisky export tax myth is not true and so you are guilty of spreading outright lies yourself. 

http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Statistics/Browse/Economy/Exports/ESSFAQ#_How_are_Scotch

Wee Ginger Dug was responsible for that one. 

If Indy was such a great idea for us all, why do nationalists have to lie to the Scottish people? Are they so desperate to get over the line they will say anything to get there? 

Edited by Hasselhoff

Hasselhoff
2 hours ago, Hasselhoff said:

I see it as totally the opposite. SNP claim any good news is down to their stewardship of Scotland and anything bad is Westminster's fault. 

Most of the changes recommended in the growth commission can be implemented without being independent. We should focus on them. 

Andrew Wilson seems to be operating in an echo chamber regarding this report. Kevin Hague has tweeted him directly with questions he would like answered. Why can't the guy that wrote the report over several years confidently respond to someone who has only a few weeks to take it all in?

https://mobile.twitter.com/kevverage/status/1003590885748207621

And Andrew Wilson has finally replied and it is a belter.

It is the nationalist imperative to make a case for leaving not for us to argue for staying. Can't believe that is his response to genuine attempt to discuss his fantasy figures in detail. 

Thunderstruck
33 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Whisky - please read the following:-

https://www.bruichladdich.com/article/what-does-scotland-get-out-scotch

and then this:-

https://whytepaper.wordpress.com/2015/08/25/meme-busting-whisky-and-the-non-existent-export-duty/

In summary, the second link makes clear that no duty is payable on whisky being exported and that any revenues accruing to the Exchequer from Whisky (eg Corporation Tax) are attributed to Scotland in GERS. 

Space Mackerel
Just now, Hasselhoff said:

And Andrew Wilson has finally replied and it is a belter.

It is the nationalist imperative to make a case for leaving not for us to argue for staying. Can't believe that is his response to genuine attempt to discuss his fantasy figures in detail. 

The Growth Commision Report is there to be discussed as AW and many others have said along.

For the final time, it's not anyone's policy. Do you understand this fundamental fact. 

Hasselhoff
1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

The Growth Commision Report is there to be discussed as AW and many others have said along.

For the final time, it's not anyone's policy. Do you understand this fundamental fact. 

I'm not saying it is policy. It is an SNP document for debate. If this is what they have spent 2 years planning and sturgeon deemed it good enough to release then it is something similar to what they think Indy would be like. 

Why won't Andrew Wilson debate his report with those who are questioning it? It isn't just no voters saying this either. (Google him, before you ask!)

Space Mackerel
5 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Whisky - please read the following:-

https://www.bruichladdich.com/article/what-does-scotland-get-out-scotch

and then this:-

https://whytepaper.wordpress.com/2015/08/25/meme-busting-whisky-and-the-non-existent-export-duty/

In summary, the second link makes clear that no duty is payable on whisky being exported and that any revenues accruing to the Exchequer from Whisky (eg Corporation Tax) are attributed to Scotland in GERS. 

More articles from 19 oatcake :)

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, Hasselhoff said:

I'm not saying it is policy. It is an SNP document for debate. If this is what they have spent 2 years planning and sturgeon deemed it good enough to release then it is something similar to what they think Indy would be like. 

Why won't Andrew Wilson debate his report with those who are questioning it? It isn't just no voters saying this either. (Google him, before you ask!)

He is a member of Rise, a far-left group. Kevin is on the right. What is hard to understand? 

Thunderstruck
2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

More articles from 19 oatcake :)

Still relevant and the same people continue to completely misrepresent the position on excise duty. So crack on to read and digest the content. 

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Thunderstruck said:

Still relevant and the same people continue to completely misrepresent the position on excise duty. So crack on to read and digest the content. 

So Scottish goods being manufactured and sent from Scottish ports, or any ports for that matter won't pay any tax on company profits to a Scottish government?

FYI, I just got a £7000 job in Northumberland the other day, how does that work with GERS? Does it count or not?

Roxy Hearts
2 hours ago, Hasselhoff said:

Cmon, you nationalists pride yourself in doing your own research. Try going back a page or two on here or Google. Doesn't matter *who* he is, more what he is saying regarding the growth commission. 

Nationalist? You're one too, a British one. I believe in my nation, Scotland and not interested in all the other baggage associated with the term. You Unionists aways use the same language and phrases. 

Didn't Google him or Andrew Wilson and couldn't care less in growth commissions, GERS, OBR etc etc. Any of them show Scotland as a progressive country with assets and resources of their own? 

Let's just say if all the media or most of it was pro independence then we would be independent as the narrative would be different.

Space Mackerel
12 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Nationalist? You're one too, a British one. I believe in my nation, Scotland and not interested in all the other baggage associated with the term. You Unionists aways use the same language and phrases. 

Didn't Google him or Andrew Wilson and couldn't care less in growth commissions, GERS, OBR etc etc. Any of them show Scotland as a progressive country with assets and resources of their own? 

Let's just say if all the media or most of it was pro independence then we would be independent as the narrative would be different.

Still waiting for the Unionist Growth Commission Report.

Anyone seen D Davies, M Gove  and B Johnson :lol: 

Hasselhoff
6 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Andrew Wilson has done the job for the UK by writing his one. 

Roxy Hearts
2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Governed by that lot and some think we couldn't do it ourselves. Utter, utter moronic fools protected by the state media. Who on earth would give these people a place in government apart from GB. The SNP can be poor at times but they're no match in stupidty for the jesters in WM or that daft lot in Lords. Good old British democracy. 

Roxy Hearts
1 minute ago, Hasselhoff said:

It wouldn't matter what anyone produced on the pro Indy side, would it? 

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Hasselhoff said:

You old die hard pro Indy full on working class leftie Rise member you...and you have hidden it so well up to now.

Pans Jambo
1 hour ago, Hasselhoff said:

Scottish government acknowledge the whisky export tax myth is not true and so you are guilty of spreading outright lies yourself. 

http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Statistics/Browse/Economy/Exports/ESSFAQ#_How_are_Scotch

Wee Ginger Dug was responsible for that one. 

If Indy was such a great idea for us all, why do nationalists have to lie to the Scottish people? Are they so desperate to get over the line they will say anything to get there? 

Are you saying that ‘mistruth’ & ‘post truth’ is an exclusive tactic of the Scottish Government?

You know Boris & Mrs May are talking lies when their lips are moving!

The British Government & their gutter press lie constantly. Its their MO. 

Why are they so desperate to keep us in the union? Are they hiding sonething? Another ‘McCrone’ type report I would guess. 

Space Mackerel
4 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Governed by that lot and some think we couldn't do it ourselves. Utter, utter moronic fools protected by the state media. Who on earth would give these people a place in government apart from GB. The SNP can be poor at times but they're no match in stupidty for the jesters in WM or that daft lot in Lords. Good old British democracy. 

Their absence on the "MoreTory Lies" thread speaks volumes. Not a single input about anything. Just snide stuff day in day out.  

No wonder Ruth is back to 23%.

Roxy Hearts
5 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Their absence on the "MoreTory Lies" thread speaks volumes. Not a single input about anything. Just snide stuff day in day out.  

No wonder Ruth is back to 23%.

Ruth is another protected by the state. There is not a bigger hypocrite in the UK than her IMO. 

2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Righto - so using your Ireland example Scotland will see GDP increase 60 years or so after independence without Westminsters mismanagement. 

Ruth semi resurrected a dead party in Scotland but she's never going to win an election here.  That said, if the snp ever succeed in wrenching us from the Union and the inevitable hardship followed then she'd be in with a shout as the proletariat would abandon the snp in a heartbeat and Labour could not run a tap. Of course I would rather keep the Union and remain solvent even under the SNP. 

Roxy Hearts
19 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Ruth semi resurrected a dead party in Scotland but she's never going to win an election here.  That said, if the snp ever succeed in wrenching us from the Union and the inevitable hardship followed then she'd be in with a shout as the proletariat would abandon the snp in a heartbeat and Labour could not run a tap. Of course I would rather keep the Union and remain solvent even under the SNP. 

If the union is to remain then something has to change. I vote SNP for Indy but I'm open to offers for a change in direction and I don't mean the same old party systems. A federal solution or something more democratic and representative. 

Thunderstruck
2 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

So Scottish goods being manufactured and sent from Scottish ports, or any ports for that matter won't pay any tax on company profits to a Scottish government?

FYI, I just got a £7000 job in Northumberland the other day, how does that work with GERS? Does it count or not?

Ever been to a distillery? Ever seen the rows of whitewashed warehouses? Ever noticed that they are called “Duty Free Warehouses”? Ever wondered why they were called that?

The chances of that happening seem to be less than you knowing the difference between Corporation Tax and Excise Duty. 

Your £7k job - if you pay tax - yes it counts. 

Thunderstruck
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Why are they so desperate to keep us in the union? 

Just a wild guess - something to do with us having had a referendum and voting, by a clear margin, to remain in the Union. 

38 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

If the union is to remain then something has to change. I vote SNP for Indy but I'm open to offers for a change in direction and I don't mean the same old party systems. A federal solution or something more democratic and representative. 

I just don't see this great need for the drastic change you want. Let's see how Brexit plays out. The EU project is a failure that lurches from one crisis to the next and that's what the SNP want to peg us to - an expensive and unaccountable failure - for the sake of a single market that is 20% of our trade that will continue anyway. I was happy to side with George Galloway on both refs. I would actually sooner put GG in charge than Sturgeon - a poor administrator and dictatorial ideologue.  

Pans Jambo
7 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

Just a wild guess - something to do with us having had a referendum and voting, by a clear margin, to remain in the Union. 

Nope, BEFORE a vote was cast they were (& still are) DESPERATE to kill off any independence talk. Why?

Pans Jambo
7 hours ago, JackLadd said:

I just don't see this great need for the drastic change you want. Let's see how Brexit plays out. The EU project is a failure that lurches from one crisis to the next and that's what the SNP want to peg us to - an expensive and unaccountable failure - for the sake of a single market that is 20% of our trade that will continue anyway. I was happy to side with George Galloway on both refs. I would actually sooner put GG in charge than Sturgeon - a poor administrator and dictatorial ideologue.  

What are these 'Crises' that that EU has these failures in? I thought Old Boy Cameron got us an improved deal etc. (before he bent over for his back benchers)?

8 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I would agree that proper and equitable devolution/federalism throughout the UK, an elected second chamber to replace the Lords and PR for elections would greatly reduce the democratic deficit we have in the UK today.

Such representation would prevent the whims and capricious populism of minority elected governments with majorities in the Commons, who do so with little regard for the greater good, but rather their own political stock and standing.

To me, Indy was a chance to reset the system.

Roxy Hearts
20 minutes ago, Boris said:

I would agree that proper and equitable devolution/federalism throughout the UK, an elected second chamber to replace the Lords and PR for elections would greatly reduce the democratic deficit we have in the UK today.

Such representation would prevent the whims and capricious populism of minority elected governments with majorities in the Commons, who do so with little regard for the greater good, but rather their own political stock and standing.

Agreed. 

jambo lodge
1 hour ago, Boris said:

I agree wholeheartedly. Not sure that we need both Westminster MPs and Holyrood MSPs either. Two days in Westminster and three at Holyrood should suit a Federal System for MPs. Also much more power devolved to local councils.

Thunderstruck
41 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Nope, BEFORE a vote was cast they were (& still are) DESPERATE to kill off any independence talk. Why?

“Killing off independence talk”, yet David Cameron, a “hated Tory” gave you a referendum, the choice of date and the choice of question.

With a “hated Tory” Government at Westminster and an oil industry that appeared healthy and offering “£trillions” it should have been “shootie in”. Yet it wasn’t - why?

You continue to cast the media as villains, blame the Daily Record for “the vow”, blame MI5 (or was it MFI) for rigging the ballot.

The nats even blame the electorate for getting it badly wrong - a tactic definitely not lifted from “How to win friends and influence people”. 

The truth is is much more mundane - the support was never there. John Curtice called it before the vote and later analysis showed that support was never close to being sufficient to gain your dream - in fact it peaked well before the vote.  

So, perhaps the media, the Westminster politicians and the Holyrood opposition were right. 

16 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

I agree wholeheartedly. Not sure that we need both Westminster MPs and Holyrood MSPs either. Two days in Westminster and three at Holyrood should suit a Federal System for MPs. Also much more power devolved to local councils.

I guess if you look other Federal systems, there sems to be a national government, and then a "state" level, or lander level too, so I'd be happy to retain the seperate institutions.  It also allows for power, for want of a word, to be in different people's hands, and not concentrated.  IMO.

jack D and coke
18 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

With a “hated Tory” Government at Westminster and an oil industry that appeared healthy and offering “£trillions” it should have been “shootie in”. Yet it wasn’t - why?

You’ve got to be kidding? It was never claimed as healthy by the unionists and everytime indy has even been mooted it’s been “running out” and an “industry in huge decline” despite still churning out plenty oil. 

The scares over currency, all and sundry packing up and leaving, pensions down the tubes, out the EU and X,Y and Z countries blocking our entry back in, no defence and blah blah blah I’m amazed it got to 45% tbh. 

I have my doubts even if it had got over the line by a small amount whether they’d have even allowed it to happen. 

We will get independence when England wants it, not before. 

The more and more some scottish people seemingly take glee in how poor we are and how much money England apparently shove up our backside will eventually be the undoing of the Union. 

Imagine as some suggest Brexit is as bad as it looks and we’re still getting more than them per head. England will want rid. Then we’ll get it. 

Edited by jack D and coke

Pans Jambo
23 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

“Killing off independence talk”, yet David Cameron, a “hated Tory” gave you a referendum, the choice of date and the choice of question.

You continue to cast the media as villains, blame the Daily Record for “the vow”, blame MI5 (or was it MFI) for rigging the ballot.

The nats even blame the electorate for getting it badly wrong - a tactic definitely not lifted from “How to win friends and influence people”. 

The truth is is much more mundane - the support was never there. John Curtice called it before the vote and later analysis showed that support was never close to being sufficient to gain your dream - in fact it peaked well before the vote.  

So, perhaps the media, the Westminster politicians and the Holyrood opposition were right. 

Brainwashing by the media. Seems you have sucked that one in too. 

jambo lodge
31 minutes ago, Boris said:

I guess if you look other Federal systems, there sems to be a national government, and then a "state" level, or lander level too, so I'd be happy to retain the seperate institutions.  It also allows for power, for want of a word, to be in different people's hands, and not concentrated.  IMO.

The only reason I suggested shared responsibility for both Houses is that the debating chamber in Holyrood is only used Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons with the FMQ session late mornings on a Thursday. I know a lot of work goes on in the 7 Committees at Holyrood but they are hardly pushed for work. Same in Westminster if you take away English business. Would work well either way though and would satisfy most people.   

Space Mackerel
19 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

Ever been to a distillery? Ever seen the rows of whitewashed warehouses? Ever noticed that they are called “Duty Free Warehouses”? Ever wondered why they were called that?

The chances of that happening seem to be less than you knowing the difference between Corporation Tax and Excise Duty. 

Your £7k job - if you pay tax - yes it counts. 

Shite whisky as well as shite oil now :(

Shite roadsigns, shite ferries, shite trains, shite schools, shite Polis, shite Fire service, shite hospitals, shite farming, shite economy, shite banks, shite new Forth bridge, shite baby boxes, shite immigration, shite First Minister, shite parliament, shite this, shite that...its all shite eh?

I'm glad I'm not you. :)

Roxy Hearts
20 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Shite whisky as well as shite oil now :(

Shite roadsigns, shite ferries, shite trains, shite schools, shite Polis, shite Fire service, shite hospitals, shite farming, shite economy, shite banks, shite new Forth bridge, shite baby boxes, shite immigration, shite First Minister, shite parliament, shite this, shite that...its all shite eh?

I'm glad I'm not you. :)

Bingo! It's the media and unionists manifesto. 

Francis Albert
20 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

No nation likes the idea of independence for any of its constituent parts. See the American civil war (it was not about freeing slaves!), see the Biafran war, see Spain and Catalonia. And so on and so on. Yet as has been said the hated Westminster oppressors held a referendum which gave Scotland the chance to vote for it rather than fight for it. 

So the debate going on in this thread reads like.

Scottish Independence was a step into the unknown.  Scots voted No.

Brexit is a step into the unknown. Again the Scots voted No.

The English voted yes to Brexit and the unknown.  

Looks like the English have Guts.

We Scots don't.

Like mangey old gorillas locked up in a dilapidated zoo.  

When given freedom they choose to stay in their crap filled cages as its all they know.

To scared to grasp their freedom.

That's about right?

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

No nation likes the idea of independence for any of its constituent parts. See the American civil war (it was not about freeing slaves!), see the Biafran war, see Spain and Catalonia. And so on and so on. Yet as has been said the hated Westminster oppressors held a referendum which gave Scotland the chance to vote for it rather than fight for it. 

Can I quote you should Russia reconstitute the Soviet Union and Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia et al become one again?

Pans Jambo
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

That explains heehaw!

They had no choice but to grant the referendum & then they fought dirty. 

Lies & fake promises. Still doesnt get to the real reason they are desperate to keep us (seeing as we are such a burden to the ‘state’). 

Toff/peer land owners with potential personal losses?

Dumping ground for the UK’s nuclear arsenal?

Strategic military lands/waters. 

Oil & Gas (It did pay for the M25, Channel Tunnel, Expanded Heathrow, contributed to the Falklands campaign & allowed Maggie to make 2 million unemployed and still balace the books so you can understand why they would be reluctant to let that resource go). 

Weakening of the £Sterling. Poor Billionaires would need to look at a negative on their balance sheets...that wont do. 

The fact that they have been lying to us for decades about how much money Scotland REALLY produces & the UK treasury dont want to have to try & make up for the loss they would take. 

Or more likely, the UK still think they are a global superpower & wish to project themselves as if the empire is still alive & well. Losing their greatest ‘colony’ would just make the UK seem....weak!

The real truth is the UK isnt a cash cow in this relationship...Scotland is. 

I probably barely touched the sides there. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

jack D and coke
37 minutes ago, jumpship said:

We Scots don't.

When given freedom they choose to stay in their crap filled cages as its all they know.

That's about right?

Absolutely bang on. The English at least have balls. 

We shat it. Nation of cowards. 

Close thread. 

The Real Maroonblood
53 minutes ago, jumpship said:

We Scots don't.

That's about right?

But but but.

Hard to disagree with that.