Aberdeen's new stadium...

Buffalo Bill

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

"A few million" - costs have gone mental, and keep in mind our main stand alone cost 20m+

Tell me about it, our garden refit now 250% more expensive than 15 months ago. Main Stand haemorrhaging cash rock hard place. They might continue to gamble for a season or 2 on reaching the European promised lands of the big 3, but if that fails, oocha! However a threat remains, it is incumbent on us to send them spiralling to a very dark place

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Aberdeen city council reviewing all building project due to spiralling costs - which includes the beach development / and stadium.  😂

who would have thought eh! 

never happening 

Scottish Government recently announced 3 year freeze on council budgets. With costs and demands going up not surprising they are reviewing things. 

Chuck Berry
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Aberdeen city council reviewing all building project due to spiralling costs - which includes the beach development / and stadium.  😂

who would have thought eh! 

never happening 

Building costs are going a bit mental in some areas, so your (plucking a figure out of thin air) £100m new stadium now could be £300m in 6 years time.

Short term, Aberdeen really need to look seriously at what they can do with Pittodrie, rather than pipe dreams.

Edited by Chuck Berry

From a reliable source up there, this is going to happen and will be part-backed by some of the large energy companies in north east, who are keen on promoting their 'green' credentials. The stadium and surrounding facilities will all be sustainable and they have the owner of Forest Green Rovers involved in the planning, who have been trendsetters in this approach.

kingantti1874
Just now, Cambo said:

From a reliable source up there, this is going to happen and will be part-backed by some of the large energy companies in north east, who are keen on promoting their 'green' credentials. The stadium and surrounding facilities will all be sustainable and they have the owner of Forest Green Rovers involved in the planning, who have been trendsetters in this approach.

Are there any energy companies left in the north east 😂. It won’t happen, the council don’t have the money and no one is gifting the sheep c£100m  to build a stadium for a team who have never sold over 10k season tickets in their history. 

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Are there any energy companies left in the north east 😂. It won’t happen, the council don’t have the money and no one is gifting the sheep c£100m  to build a stadium for a team who have never sold over 10k season tickets in their history. 

I dont like Aberdeen FC any more than you do but sometimes we need to accept that our rivals are doing something which will set them up for decades to come.  I was told this is happening and they will have a tremendous asset on their hands. Hopefully we can do something similar in coming years as we hopefully outgrow tynecastle.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Cambo said:

I dont like Aberdeen FC any more than you do but sometimes we need to accept that our rivals are doing something which will set them up for decades to come.  I was told this is happening and they will have a tremendous asset on their hands. Hopefully we can do something similar in coming years as we hopefully outgrow tynecastle.

i think you’ve been mislead. It’s city on the decline, a team on the decline and the country is near bankrupt  

Time will tell . I’m betting it doesn’t happen

Edited by kingantti1874

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

i think you’ve been mislead.  Time will tell 

They were definitely asking oil companies up there to invest (and getting told to bolt) a few years back. Maybe they’ve got some fools to sign up. More likely however…

india-circus-white-baby-elephant-figurin

18 minutes ago, Cambo said:

Would be the only way i could see it happen but thank fully your reliable sources in the past have been wrong on signings so hope fully this one will be too 

Bungalow Bill
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

i think you’ve been mislead. It’s city on the decline, a team on the decline and the country is near bankrupt  

Time will tell . I’m betting it doesn’t happen

Aberdeen the city is on an upturn again. 

kingantti1874

3 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Aberdeen the city is on an upturn again. 

aberdeen bucking the trend of the rest of the globe? based on what? 

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not sure about rest of the globe but what is always worth looking at are where the property investors are investing in Scotland. Over the last 5/6 years that has been Dundee (and still is) but increasingly hearing investors talking about Aberdeen.

1 minute ago, Homme said:

I hope they build it. Too many shitehole stadiums in Scotland.

Would be nice to see them having to spend fortunes too 

4 minutes ago, Homme said:

I hope they build it. Too many shitehole stadiums in Scotland.

Agree - would like the business end Scottish football to look the part and less like a glorified Sunday league 

May one-six
50 minutes ago, Cambo said:

Not to doubt your source, but I'm a little sceptical about this if nothing has appeared in the press. The local media would be gagging for such a story. From your description it sounds like this is pretty advanced in terms of development, which makes me wonder why Aberdeen are keeping it secret.

31 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Would be nice to see them having to spend fortunes too 

Yep. Might hamstring them on the park for a handful of seasons. 

Bungalow Bill
7 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Oil and Gas industry is doing very well up there. 

By your logic every city is on a downwards spiral, not just Aberdeen. 

Edited by Apache Mal

7 hours ago, Arfur said:

Agree - would like the business end Scottish football to look the part and less like a glorified Sunday league 

Definitely. Its silly but so many stadiums look like cobbled together crap. Outside of the OF, us and Hibs the standard of stadiums really isn't great. Would be a good thing for the league IMO.

Bungalow Bill
16 minutes ago, OTT said:

Definitely. Its silly but so many stadiums look like cobbled together crap. Outside of the OF, us and Hibs the standard of stadiums really isn't great. Would be a good thing for the league IMO.

I honestly wouldn’t allow the crap grounds to be on TV, it’s a joke that we do, does nothing for the brand and image of the league. 

I’d allow the stadiums above, plus Tannadice and Rugby Park. 

I don’t understand why we worry about how many home games each team has on TV. The non prize money cash should simply be distributed irrespective of how many times you’re on the telly. 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Apache Mal said:

oil and gas isn’t doing very well at all, short term rise in the price of oil isn’t exactly a rebirth of the city.  The oil is mostly gone and the dregs are expensive to get at. 

And yes - the who country is eitheron a downward spiral or will very shortly be experiencing one.  

Edited by kingantti1874

Bungalow Bill
19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

oil and gas isn’t doing very well at all, short term rise in the price of oil isn’t exactly a rebirth of the city.  The oil is mostly gone and the dregs are expensive to get at. 

And yes - the who country is eitheron a downward spiral or will very shortly be experiencing one.  

Cool you’re more in the know than me. Will tell my close Aberdeen friends to stop spending their oil and gas bonuses and downgrade their new motors. 

They’ve only sold 7,000 STs,

They develop Celtic players,

Crumbling shithole of a stadium,

10th last season,

an egomaniac owner,

DNA members are down,

owner openly capped attendances at 10,000 last season 🤣🤣,

sold their best player, money for Cormack. 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Apache Mal said:

By anyones logic every city is on a downwards spiral 🤷‍♂️

davemclaren
14 hours ago, Apache Mal said:

I honestly wouldn’t allow the crap grounds to be on TV, it’s a joke that we do, does nothing for the brand and image of the league. 

I don’t understand why we worry about how many home games each team has on TV. The non prize money cash should simply be distributed irrespective of how many times you’re on the telly. 

Don’t think there is any non prize money cash these days. 

kingantti1874
13 hours ago, Apache Mal said:

Cool you’re more in the know than me. Will tell my close Aberdeen friends to stop spending their oil and gas bonuses and downgrade their new motors. 

reality is it’s a city with a dwindling population. There may be isolated cases of bonus’s due to short term profits.  But it’s no renaissance 

14 hours ago, Apache Mal said:

It doesn't make any difference to the money how many times you're on the TV. Money is given out 2 times during the season, equally to all clubs. The 3rd and final payments depend on final league placings. Only the cup games give money if the club is on the TV 

Bungalow Bill
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

It doesn't make any difference to the money how many times you're on the TV. Money is given out 2 times during the season, equally to all clubs. The 3rd and final payments depend on final league placings. Only the cup games give money if the club is on the TV 

Stand corrected 👍🏼

Watt-Zeefuik

I know it's not the done thing but I wish them well.  A tidy 15k stadium on the beach would be an asset to Scottish football.

Would also like to see the Dundee clubs finally do a ground share as everyone knows they should, but hey ho.

Unknown user
On 23/06/2022 at 13:08, Arfur said:

I'm the opposite, I like the rootsy thing we still have in Scotland, it still feels like the football I know and love.

Libertarian
21 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Edinburgh's population is increasing and on course to overtake Glasgow as Scotland's biggest city by 2037

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Libertarian said:

Edinburgh's population is increasing and on course to overtake Glasgow as Scotland's biggest city by 2037

Ah, if we’re talking population then yes. 

But let’s be honest, the UK is in a downward trend right now and we are certainly not immune from it. 

1 hour ago, Libertarian said:

Only down to Glasgow's  actual city boundary being not that big.

Surrounding suburbs dwarf Edinburgh .

So not sure what your point is? 

Libertarian
10 hours ago, Tott said:

Only down to Glasgow's  actual city boundary being not that big.

Surrounding suburbs dwarf Edinburgh .

So not sure what your point is? 

East and Midlothian are the two fastest growing local authorities in terms of population in Scotland. West Lothian Is also growing fast as are Fife towns on the Forth. However in the west of Scotland many local authorities are either stagnating or even shrinking in terms of population. 

Nelly Terraces
On 23/06/2022 at 22:02, 1971fozzy said:

They’ve only sold 7,000 STs,

They develop Celtic players,

Crumbling shithole of a stadium,

10th last season,

an egomaniac owner,

DNA members are down,

owner openly capped attendances at 10,000 last season 🤣🤣,

sold their best player, money for Cormack. 

Lovely reading that. 

They are f*****. 

So the Aberdeen supporters will be watching a shit team from a derelict stadium whilst working from a call centre on sub continent wages.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of welts.

😄

23 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

reality is it’s a city with a dwindling population. There may be isolated cases of bonus’s due to short term profits.  But it’s no renaissance 

It’s population has grown by nearly 10% over past 15 years 

197,00 > 222,000

and it’s population is expected to reach 265,00 by 2036/7

which makes building a small stadium even more bizarre 

Bazzas right boot
On 23/06/2022 at 21:01, Apache Mal said:

They should also fill from the bottom up. 

Rugby Park sticks them in the top tier, looks terrible even although there could be 1k away fans. 

On 23/06/2022 at 22:03, Nookie Bear said:

Every city in the world is on an upward trend (just Moscow and St Petersburg a bit trickier). 

Its towns that are going downhill.

42 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Rugby Park sticks them in the top tier, looks terrible even although there could be 1k away fans. 

So give the fans attending an inferior view so it looks better on TV?

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I wouldn’t thank you for row 1-5 when theres all these behind 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Every city in the world is on an upward trend (just Moscow and St Petersburg a bit trickier). 

What indicators are going upward?

58 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

What indicators are going upward?

Every one. World wide phenomenon the move of population to cities. 

Watt-Zeefuik
7 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

This is absolutely not accurate. It is true that urbanization is a global trend and the worldwide population is rapidly becoming more urban and less rural. However, there are quite a few cities around the world, including a fair few large and small in the US and I'd guess in the UK, that are shrinking. Enough that "shrinking cities" is effectively a full subdiscipline within academic urban studies.

That said, last I checked the UK census numbers, both Aberdeen city and shire were both growing. Their oil services industry is certainly going to decline but it would not surprise me if it transitions to offshore wind servicing.

Edited by Led Tasso

Nookie Bear
6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

This is way off topic but is population growth of cities desirable if those cities are struggling to cope?

6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Who give a tuppenny **** last I heard both Aberdeen and Leiff were shite holes not cities  

indianajones

I know Aberdeen very well. 

It's a massive shithole. Everytime I go in it just seems more run down. Parts of Edinburgh are the same although maybe not quite as bad, yet. 

Aberdeen as a city would benefit massively from a new sports complex at the beach. It would have to include more than just a football stadium for a club that's stuck in the past. 

Speak to Don's fans a lot. They are extremely lethargic about their club. Zero interest from a lot of them other than looking out for the FT result. I'd say they are in a bad place unless they win some silverware soon. 

On 25/06/2022 at 11:48, Bazzas right boot said:

We stick all the shan supported clubs in upper leaving lower empty too.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

We stick all the shan supported clubs in upper leaving lower empty too.

Yeah it looks shite. 

Should start from 5/6 rows up.